Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
New 3G Airave technical issue solutions

Let's keep this thread for known issues and solutions. If you are having an issue, please place your question in the "issues" thread located here:

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=211729

Situation:

Airave is functioning, all 3 lights are green, airave will do data but not voice.

Solution:

Pull batteries from phones, then while the batteries are out, find the reset button in the back. Press this button for at least 15 seconds, then release. Place batteries back into your devices and restart them. You have just completed a "factory reset" on your airave device, and the battery pull should make sure any device related issues are solved.

The Airave will likely take 30-45 minutes to restart. After that, dial *99 and your device should be back up and running.
bill875 (09-20-2010)
Old 09-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
atdendel
Telegraph User

Mood: Tired
Phone: Palm Pre
My Mood: Tired
SU$: 220
Situation:

Broadband and GPS lights come on solid; Mobile light only flashes Amber

Solution:

After multiple (read: "dozens") of hard resets and escalations to different support tiers, Sprint is finally sending me a new device. From what I understand, there is an issue with the username/password that is programmed in the Airvana device that needs to authenticate in Sprint's system. Sprint is apparently unable to change this and, after speaking with Airvana tech support, it would need to be escalated to multiple levels of Airvana support. Thus, Sprint finally decided (after over a month of inoperability) to send me a new Airvana Airave device.
atdendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
monkeyboy
(candy)bar hopper

Trades: 2
SU$: 50,292
Situation:

Solution:

After multiple (read: "dozens") of hard resets, power cycling, swapping the wiring of the modem, router and Airvana, Sprint issued a ticket and three days later, i got a call from the Airvave upper level support. She apparently just reprovisioned the line, said it was done incorrectly the first time, and now it works, although it seems to want to be directly connected to the modem.

Also signal is still weak in some areas, so a power boost is being done (the Airaves have multiple power settings that tech support can control...).
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
sleepyhollowtoo
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: 9K/TP2/PHOTON
SU$: 2,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
Situation:

Solution:

After multiple (read: "dozens") of hard resets, power cycling, swapping the wiring of the modem, router and Airvana, Sprint issued a ticket and three days later, i got a call from the Airvave upper level support. She apparently just reprovisioned the line, said it was done incorrectly the first time, and now it works, although it seems to want to be directly connected to the modem.

Also signal is still weak in some areas, so a power boost is being done (the Airaves have multiple power settings that tech support can control...).
MB are you confirming solid information from Airvana support that Airvana has multiple levels of power ( range/distance ) as the Airave does? TIA
sleepyhollowtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhollowtoo View Post
MB are you confirming solid information from Airvana support that Airvana has multiple levels of power ( range/distance ) as the Airave does? TIA
The device can be set for "small" "normal" and "large" ranges. I believe that Airave support is who can add the SOC code to bump the unit up to as much as 8,000 sq ft of coverage.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
mtnmedic
Cats Rule!

Phone: HTC EVO 4G
SU$: 4,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
The device can be set for "small" "normal" and "large" ranges. I believe that Airave support is who can add the SOC code to bump the unit up to as much as 8,000 sq ft of coverage.
This is good to know. I will be moving to a small community (less than 100 people) way up in the hills where broadband exists but cell service doesn't for about an hour in any direction. The town is so small I can walk a few minutes to everything so it'd be nice to have a range that would allow me to be relatively near my house and still get some reception using the Airvana. Nobody there that I know of has Sprint gear. Most of them are Metro PCS, AT&T or otherwise, but again, it's a dead spot area for everyone.

"No, but if we hurry, we just might live to lie about it."
mtnmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #7
Handyman_TREO
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 2,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmedic View Post
This is good to know. I will be moving to a small community (less than 100 people) way up in the hills where broadband exists but cell service doesn't for about an hour in any direction.
Before you get one, you might want to check if the zip code of the area is covered at the following website - there are some places where Sprint is not licensed, and the airave will not work in those areas. http://sprint.com/airave.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #8
monkeyboy
(candy)bar hopper

Trades: 2
SU$: 50,292
the power levels are designed for small house vs big house, not small town
8000sqft is a radius of 50ft, which is about the most you can expect.
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #9
mentaldelusions
Telephone User

Phone: TP2 :(
SU$: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
I'm able to change this setting from within my sprint account. Its nice to be able to still pick up the airvana while outside my apartment building.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #10
mtnmedic
Cats Rule!

Phone: HTC EVO 4G
SU$: 4,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy
That's what I meant. The town I'm moving to is very, very small. The house I'm moving to is literally in downtown steps away from the store, post office, etc.

At any rate, I'd like to have some kind of range outside the house.

Sent from my iPad 2. "Spam, spam, spam, eggs, sausage and spam. Hold the eggs and sausage."

"No, but if we hurry, we just might live to lie about it."
mtnmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #11
Handyman_TREO
Walkie Talkie User

SU$: 2,929
Best that you can do is put the Airave up as high as you can get it in your house. Particularly near a window that faces the general direction you will be walking to. No guarantee as to whether there'll be much penetration into the surrounding buildings. But if you can see the window (line of sight), good chance you'll be able to use the Airave. In fact, it should work well since there are no competing towers at all.

My bigger concern is that Sprint will allow it to work in the zip code of your new home. You need to check that first and foremost!

If so, just thought of another thing you could do. Some have taken standard home wifi routers and mounted them inside a waterproof tupperware box. If it doesn't get too warm where you are located, you could do something like that with an Airave to get it mounted outside your house, where it would achieve maximum effectiveness.

Last edited by Handyman_TREO; 07-22-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Handyman_TREO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #12
larry
Digital PCS User

Phone: LG G4
SU$: 8,291
Send a message via Yahoo to larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentaldelusions View Post
I'm able to change this setting from within my sprint account. Its nice to be able to still pick up the airvana while outside my apartment building.
I made that change online to the 'large range' setting and it didn't change the power output one iota. I carefully tested the before and after while in field debug mode and there was absolutely no difference. I even waited a couple of days to retest just in case there was a delay on Sprint's end in making the online change. Still no difference. I suspect that setting online doesn't really do anything when changed. The Airvana's signal is not as strong as my original Samsung Airave.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #13
Ytek
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC-Evo3d
SU$: 68
Any new updates on this? Are you able to change the range online and have it actually increase the range?
Ytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #14
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytek View Post
Any new updates on this? Are you able to change the range online and have it actually increase the range?
No, it has to be processed through airave tech support. They obviously want the airave to work, but not cause problems for any neighbors.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #15
Duffman
Eh.

SU$: 29,054
The settings on Sprint.com do not do anything and the settings in the billing system (CSM) do not do anything. They were put in there so that the changes could be made by either the customer or tech support but for whatever reason the Airave servers do not pay any attention (most likely it was never implemented).

Tech support must complete a CTMS ticket for the changes to be made on the server.
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Network & Data Quality /Airave & Related Services > New 3G Airave technical issue solutions

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: