Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 03-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
jasqid
Telegraph User

Mood: Mellow
Phone: HTC Arrive
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 480
Moto Xoom - Verizon?

I just purchased a used Xoom from a friend. It's the Verizon 3G model (I am sending it in for the free LTE upgrade as we speak.) Do you think I would be able to activate this on my Sprint account? Both companies are CDMA so I dont see the logistics being an issue... but does anyone have any experience with a situation like this? I am kind of figuring the answer is "NO", but thought I'd run it by the community.

And just to be clear, I didnt necessarily want the 3G model, she was willing to sell it to me for a ridiculous low price with all accessories. But I figure if I want the 3G service its there to use even if I do have to open a verizon account I.
jasqid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #2

SU$: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasqid
I just purchased a used Xoom from a friend. It's the Verizon 3G model (I am sending it in for the free LTE upgrade as we speak.) Do you think I would be able to activate this on my Sprint account? Both companies are CDMA so I dont see the logistics being an issue... but does anyone have any experience with a situation like this? I am kind of figuring the answer is "NO", but thought I'd run it by the community.

And just to be clear, I didnt necessarily want the 3G model, she was willing to sell it to me for a ridiculous low price with all accessories. But I figure if I want the 3G service its there to use even if I do have to open a verizon account I.
Yup its a no

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SprintUsers Forum
Old 03-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
legion125
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,268
Getting upgraded to LTE is a good move if you ever want to sell it or if you open a Verizon account. Of course, using Wi-Fi only is a good choice as well and it will be upgraded to ICS so looks like you have a good deal unless you want to flip it once it has LTE loaded.
legion125 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to legion125 For This Useful Post:
jasqid (03-19-2012)
Old 03-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
jasqid
Telegraph User

Mood: Mellow
Phone: HTC Arrive
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by legion125 View Post
Getting upgraded to LTE is a good move if you ever want to sell it or if you open a Verizon account. Of course, using Wi-Fi only is a good choice as well and it will be upgraded to ICS so looks like you have a good deal unless you want to flip it once it has LTE loaded.
Thanks. I thought so too. Their free upgrade window closes at the end of the month (to get the LTE upgrade). She gave me the paperwork on the upgrade when I bought it off her.

I feel like I stole this from her. $250 scored me the device with screen protector and case, Stereo/Speaker Dock, motorola bluetooth keyboard and the HDMI cable. It's not even a year old yet.
jasqid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
legion125
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,268
Good deal, and you have a good package if you do decide to keep/sell. Good luck.
legion125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Tablets > Moto Xoom - Verizon?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: