Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 02-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
Hamfighter
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Treo to Nexus4
SU$: 6,139
6.5 No Longer Supported...Too Bad Suckers

This email thread is, of course, listed in reverse order. Done with Microsoft after I get the last ounce of use out of the TP2.

Hi,
This is hakim from Microsoft Support. I appreciate you are contacting us to help you to fix your issue.
Unfortunately, we are unable to refund your apps purchased on the Marketplace 6.5 .** I really apologize for this inconvenience. the Marketplace place 6.5 has been closed on the last july 2011. and we do not support any customer's issue regarding the Marketplace 6.5
If you have any other questions on this, or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Sincerely,
Hakim B.
Microsoft** Support

--- Original Message ---
Sent : Thursday, February 02, 2012 1:53:39 PM UTC
To : "winmo.wmos.ww.00.en.str.dub.wp.t01.spt.00.ch@css. one.microsoft.com"
Subject : RE: SRX1170009489ID - Windows Phone Support - download apps issue

Hakim,

I suppose I can understand no longer supporting 6.5, but what is not right is blocking access to the apps I purchased.* I can dismiss the majority of the apps, but one of my apps cost $25.* I will be content if you will refund my money for that one app so that I can repurchase it again with a new ID.
I hope you understand my concern.* I'm quite certain $25 is a small price to pay for Microsoft to do what's right.
Thank you again,

From: WINMO.WMOS.WW.00.EN.STR.DUB.WP.T01.S....microsoft.com
To:
CC:
Subject: RE: SRX1170009489ID - Windows Phone Support - download apps issue
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 13:36:03 +0000

Hi
This is hakim from Micrososft Support. I appreciate you are contacting us to help you to fix your issue.
Unforntunatelyu, there is not something we can assist you because the *Microsoft agent in charge of Windows Phone 7 and Zune are not certified to assist the customer's issue with their* Windows Phone 6.5*Mobile. And I really apologise for this inconvenience.
I would suggest to post your issue in the* Windows 6.5 Mobile forum* :
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp6n
Sincerely,
Hakim B, Microsoft Support.

--- Original Message ---
Sent : lundi 30 janvier 2012 15:24:45 UTC
To : "Microsoft Support " , "Microsoft Support "
Subject : RE: SRX1170009489ID - Windows Phone Support - download apps issue

Hakim, I cant thank you enough for your time and effort to resolve this problem! And, unfortunately, it still is a problem. I have an HTC Touch Pro2 on Sprint running 6.5 - completely stock. I did remove the battery and left it out for about an hour, but still getting the exact same "id been loaded on too many phones" message. As I mentioned before, its never been on more than one phone at a time...I've just upgraded to a new Windows phone on sprint every time they come out (plus a few warranty replacements. Havent made the leap to the Windows Phone 7 yet because I'll have to change my plane and it will nearly double my $85 per month I'm paying now. Maybe someday. Thank you again for your help...I know you'll find a solution. Sent from my HTC Touch Pro2 on the Now Network from Sprint®.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 1/30/2012 3:10:03 PM
To:
Subject: RE: SRX1170009489ID - Windows Phone Support - download apps issue
Hi,
This is Hakim from Microsoft Support. I appreciate that you are contacting us to help you to fix your issue.
Could you tell me what is the model of your Windows Phone*and *the operating system of your Windows Phone ?
Please, let me know if you need further assistance.
If you have any other questions on this, or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Hakim B.

Microsoft Support

--- Original Message ---
Sent : samedi 28 janvier 2012 13:05:17 UTC
To : "Microsoft Support " , "Microsoft Support "
Subject : RE: SRX1170009489ID - Windows Phone Support - you can download apps from your Windows Phone

Good Morning Hakim, Thank so much for staying in touch with me. After I received your reply this morning, I tried again and get the sane nessage as always. I will remove the battery and try again later today. I already even tried doing a "hard reset" to take it back to factory new with no luck. Thank you again, Sent from my HTC Touch Pro2 on the Now Network from Sprint®.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 1/28/2012 12:56:18 PM
To:
Subject: RE: SRX1170009489ID - Windows Phone Support - you can download apps from your Windows Phone
This is Hakim from Microsoft Support .You contacted us on chat on the 01/23/2012 regarding your issue to download apps from Your Windows Phone.* Sorry for the delay to reply to your last email .
From your last email,*I understood that your issue is*still not resolved . Although, Our*Senior Support*Team has removed all the*devices*linked to your Windows*live Id :
I would suggest to try these steps :
Turn off* your Phone.
Take out the battery for about 30 seconds
Replace the Battery .
Turn on your Phone
And try to download apps from your Phone.
Please, let me know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Hakim B.

Microsoft Support

--- Original Message ---
Sent : jeudi 26 janvier 2012 16:41:27 UTC
To : "winmo.wmos.ww.00.en.str.dub.wp.t01.spt.00.ch@css. one.microsoft.com"
Subject : SRX1170009489ID - Windows Phone Support - you can download apps from your Windows Phone

Hakim,

I am still unable to log into the Marketplace because it says my id has been used on too many phones.* I know you said that you were deleting all previous phones, so I don't understand why this isn't working still.
Please let me know if you have another solution.

Thank you again,

Hamfighter
Hamfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
kg4icg
Walkie Talkie User

SU$: 2,684
Marketplace for WM6.5 has been closed period. You need to look at the Microsoft news areas more. That is where WP7 comes into place.
kg4icg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
Hamfighter
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Treo to Nexus4
SU$: 6,139
I understand that it is closed, and that from this point forward, you will not be able to purchase anything new.
The problem is blocking access to apps I have already PURCHASED, not rented.
Hamfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
slick69

Phone: Tbolt/MoPho
SU$: 10,990
Yeah that's just terrible. This is partly why I don't like buying apps (programs? applications?) unless I can get a hard copy on a disk or I can back it up.
slick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:24 AM   #5
TechGuru
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Fine
Phone: APPLE IPHONE 6
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 7,691
Send a message via ICQ to TechGuru Send a message via AIM to TechGuru Send a message via MSN to TechGuru Send a message via Yahoo to TechGuru Send a message via Skype™ to TechGuru
Well, this has lit a fire under my butt to get Android working on my phone as a primary OS instead of just a secondary.

Everything but audio works. If I can just fix that, I'll be able to use it as the primary.

http://www.xdandroid.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: