Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 03-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
gedansky
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Palm Pre
Trades: 1
SU$: 24,439
Anyone using the Trident Aegis?

I just ordered the Trident Aegis for my Motorola Photon and will hope for the best. I have never liked bulking up my phone, even to protect it, and this is my first "super phone", so it's huge enough as it is.

The Trident looked like a good compromise, compared to the Otterbox products that seem to add huge amounts of bulk.

Any experience? how bulky did your phone get?

Thanks
gedansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
legion125
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,063
I have one for my NS4G and it's was slightly bulkier than the Amzer silicon case I use. The only issue I had was that the hard shell portion must have been a millimeter or so off. Whenever I put it over the silicon it wouldn't line up with the buttons correctly. I know others that have the Agis and didn't have any issues so I think mine was just defective. Still a good concept.
legion125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
gedansky
Cellular Phone User

I watched the install video for the one that goes on the Moto Razr and, while I like the concept, that particular model doesn't look as sturdy or as hi end as some of the other pics, so I hope the one for the Photon is as good as it looks.

I am hoping that the ports line up, and that silicone holds solidly, because I have seen many silicone cases that slide around.

I am also hoping it doesn't add too much bulk, as it always makes me sad to get a cool, thin phone, and add 30% or more to it's size to protect it, and I tend to take more and more opportunities to just carry it naked (the phone, not me, out of kindness to others) . Right now, I am using a simple, pleather, slip case to protect it from scraping against anything in my pocket, and using the phone naked. Protection isn't enough for me, it will have to really add something that makes me feel like it looks better in the case, than out of it, in orer to kee it. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
gedansky
Cellular Phone User

So, I got the Trident Aegis today...

...for my Moto Photon...

The Good:

*All around, a very nice looking, solid feeling case.
*Much more upscale looking and feeling than Otterbox products
*Easier to grip than Otterbox products (not hating, I just haven't liked the look and feel of them)
*Cheaper than Otterbox, by far
*Good fit and finish
*Seems to offer most of protection promised (a little dubious about a full on fall, flat on the screen)

The Not so good:

*Though more streamlined than most rugged-ized cases, it DOES add bulk. About 1/8 of an inch all around the edges and the back.
*Because of this, I find that, while the case has a nice look and feel all its own, it does take away from the nice streamlined look of the phone and make it a brick.
*It also adds noticeable weight.
*All this makes it hard to hold in little hands, which I have
*The anti-static coating on the silicone is NOT all that effective. It wipes off OK, but, put it in a pocket and expect it to be covered with lint when you take it out
*The silicone on the face is thin, and is very movable. Not much protection from the front.
*According to the instructions, there should be a screen protector, but there isn't.
*According to pics I have seen, there should be a special tool for removing it, but there isn't.

In a nut shell... if you are one of those people who places function completely over form, who cares MUCH more about the safety of your device than the aesthetics, this will be a good product for you, because it has a nice look and feel all its own, and appears to be great for protection. But, if you have small hands, care about added size, weight, and any of the other issues mentioned, a slimmer case may be a better choice.

I may or may not keep it and I will definitely be getting a slimmer case for every day use. If I do keep, it will probably set it aside and use it for when I need the extra protection, like if I am traveling with the kids to an amusement park for the day.

Hope this helps!
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Anyone using the Trident Aegis?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: