Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Mood: Twisted
Phone: AT&T NOTE3
My Mood: Twisted
SU$: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to Euphorian
Authorities removing iPads from stores in China, following trademark ruling

Government authorities and retailers have reportedly begun removing iPads from stores in China this morning, in apparent response to a ruling issued in December. According to China's Hebei Youth Daily, local representatives of the country's Administrations of Industry and Commerce (AIC) have started confiscating Apple's tablet from retail outlets, with some merchants are voluntarily removing the device from their storefronts as a pre-emptive measure. The scope of this operation remains unclear, though China.com reports that as of 5:00 PM yesterday, authorities had seized some 45 iPad 2s. Retailers who voluntarily removed their iPads apparently did so to protect their stocks from confiscation, and are reportedly continuing to sell the tablet behind the counter. These reports come nearly two months after Apple lost a trademark lawsuit against Proview Technology, which successfully defended its ownership of the iPad name within China. We're still waiting to see whether this is part of a larger nationwide campaign and Apple has yet to comment, but we'll update this post as soon as we hear more.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/13/a...izure-lawsuit/

Euphorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
rambo47
Idoru

Phone: iPhone 5s
SU$: 21,560
Initially it was one single store in a distant province. Looked like much ado about nothing. Now it's grown into a full-blown pissing match between Apple and the planet's worst ip pirates. Of course Apple LIVES in court so I'd say they have the advantage, but only if it's a fair fight. We're going to have to watch this one pay out in court -- in China. Could get messy.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Mood: Twisted
Phone: AT&T NOTE3
My Mood: Twisted
SU$: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to Euphorian
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Initially it was one single store in a distant province. Looked like much ado about nothing. Now it's grown into a full-blown pissing match between Apple and the planet's worst ip pirates. Of course Apple LIVES in court so I'd say they have the advantage, but only if it's a fair fight. We're going to have to watch this one pay out in court -- in China. Could get messy.
Agreed !
Euphorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,899
Apple has the resources to "buy" the trademark from that chineese company, and likely will.

If they don't, they could simply name it the aPad in China or something similar.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: