Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 01-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
Second Line Discount is Considered ETF-waiving Event

Just saw internally in a Q and A regarding the removal of the discount on the second line of a share plan that this is indeed considered by Sprint to be an event that justifies the waiving of the ETF.

This is not to say you will not have a battle. Sprint's internal communication is improving but there are still issues.
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Duffman For This Useful Post:
Bibbin (01-18-2012), chiphead (01-18-2012), nmjones (01-21-2012), Offtrac (01-19-2012), rambo47 (01-19-2012), usernameOU812 (01-18-2012), valuequest (01-21-2012)
Old 01-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
boxermansr
Cellular Junkie

Mood: Bored
Phone: iPhone 14
Trades: 16
My Mood: Bored
SU$: 19,824
Would this apply to an entire family plan, or just the line in question (line 2). I chatted with Sprint online (sprint.com/chat) earlier, and they told me that it's not affecting the family plans that are 129.99, of course who knows if they even knew what they were talking about.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
dayvedayve
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Samsung M610
SU$: 8,649
Does the Q&A specify which plans are being changed? Some CS are telling people not the Everything Share Data Family plans included in this.
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #4

SU$: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
Just saw internally in a Q and A regarding the removal of the discount on the second line of a share plan that this is indeed considered by Sprint to be an event that justifies the waiving of the ETF.

This is not to say you will not have a battle. Sprint's internal communication is improving but there are still issues.
2/15/12 goodbye sprint. Hello Tmobile.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
Duffman
Eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermansr
Would this apply to an entire family plan, or just the line in question (line 2). I chatted with Sprint online (sprint.com/chat) earlier, and they told me that it's not affecting the family plans that are 129.99, of course who knows if they even knew what they were talking about.
I am not sure how they would waive the ETF... For one phone or all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvedayve
Does the Q&A specify which plans are being changed? Some CS are telling people not the Everything Share Data Family plans included in this.
It is the Everything Share plans that this specifically is about.
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Old 01-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #6
boxermansr
Cellular Junkie

So do we have 30 days from the notice appearing on our bill, or 30 days from the date that it starts? I guess I better start pricing carriers in my area, only one that seems worth making the jump to is VZW..
Old 01-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #7
Duffman
Eh.

Quote:
So do we have 30 days from the notice appearing on our bill, or 30 days from the date that it starts? I guess I better start pricing carriers in my area, only one that seems worth making the jump to is VZW..
My understanding is 30 days from notice.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #8
boxermansr
Cellular Junkie

Quote:
Problem with that, is that people that are calling, etc are being told not to worry and that the change isn't going to happen on the Everything Plans (I was told the same today when chatting on sprint.com). If that's the case, and people take Sprint CS at their word, and it is in fact 30 days from notice, once the charge appears, it'll be too late.. I guess I'll call in tomorrow since I'll be off and bored, and see what I can accomplish.
ccchhhrrriiisss (01-18-2012)
Old 01-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #9
dayvedayve
Cordless Phone User

Since all lines on the plan are on the same contract (just different dates), then all would qualify to void contract. IF you drop line 2 that was free, then the next line becomes line 2. When contract signed it was under old plan which said 2 lines in base. The dropping of only line 2 would not satisfy the voiding of the entire contract, since you could argue that you signed all commitments with the plan price structure in its original form.

Last edited by dayvedayve; 01-17-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #10
dayvedayve
Cordless Phone User

Quote:
From T&C

If a change we make to the Agreement is material and has a material adverse effect on Services under your Term Commitment, you may terminate each line of Service materially affected without incurring an Early Termination Fee only if you: (a) call us within 30 days after the effective date of the change
The Following User Says Thank You to dayvedayve For This Useful Post:
usernameOU812 (01-18-2012)
Old 01-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #11
Duffman
Eh.

Quote:

Problem with that, is that people that are calling, etc are being told not to worry and that the change isn't going to happen on the Everything Plans (I was told the same today when chatting on sprint.com). If that's the case, and people take Sprint CS at their word, and it is in fact 30 days from notice, once the charge appears, it'll be too late.. I guess I'll call in tomorrow since I'll be off and bored, and see what I can accomplish.
Have you gotten your January bill. The notice is on there.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #12
Duffman
Eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvedayve

From T&C

If a change we make to the Agreement is material and has a material adverse effect on Services under your Term Commitment, you may terminate each line of Service materially affected without incurring an Early Termination Fee only if you: (a) call us within 30 days after the effective date of the change
Cool. So it is from the date of the change.

I am so glad I do not deal with cancellations. As soon as someone mentions they want to cancel... BAM Transferred to Account Services.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #13
boxermansr
Cellular Junkie

Quote:
Have you gotten your January bill. The notice is on there.
Yes, I have it. However in the past, Sprint's said its 30 days from the notice, and they've also said its 30 days from the time the change actaully kicks in. I've only chatted in about it once, because I'm still pricing things out, and seeing how much more it's going to cost to go somewhere else. I just want to make sure as to whether or not it is *in fact* 30 days *from notice* or *30 days from when the charge hits*.

I know what the T&C's say, but I also know that some agents like to lie to customers, thus locking them in anyhow.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
dayvedayve
Cordless Phone User

When in question, its always whats written over what is said.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #15
boxermansr
Cellular Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvedayve View Post
When in question, its always whats written over what is said.
Yeah, however Sprint's known to re-write things from one day to the next, and deny that it ever even said what it said before said change.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: