Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-12-2007, 09:51 PM   #106
Citibrat
Deadly Katana Wielder

Phone: Katana DLX
SU$: 4,373
Send a message via ICQ to Citibrat Send a message via Yahoo to Citibrat
That's what I was thinking. Having had my own website in the past (for many years), a link that is clicked with no reaction whatsoever usually means that the link itself is broken (javascript, in this case).
Citibrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:00 PM   #107
nickutz
Telegraph User

Phone: Palm Treo 700p
SU$: 339
Send a message via AIM to nickutz
I've been receiving the text on my phone but when I try to actually download the file my phone tells me that the file couldn't be downloaded. using an M500.
nickutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:17 PM   #108
Citibrat
Deadly Katana Wielder

What file format is it? Note the formats that the uploader can work with, as this may be the problem.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:11 PM   #109
panoon
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Moto Razr V3m
SU$: 16
hey guys: just now, i tried to upload two wallpictures but no txt msg so far (after about 20 mins), what's going wrong? thanks. I have a Moto razr V3m from sprint. happy holidays everyone!
panoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:02 PM   #110
Citibrat
Deadly Katana Wielder

Quote:
Originally Posted by panoon View Post
hey guys: just now, i tried to upload two wallpictures but no txt msg so far (after about 20 mins), what's going wrong? thanks. I have a Moto razr V3m from sprint. happy holidays everyone!
Well, the focus uploader currently is having problems of that exact nature. This has been a problem for a short while, and there's been no reply to the posts thus far. My guess is that with the holiday season upon us, things have gotten hectic, and no one has of yet been able to look at it.

Until it gets fixed, you can try this (free) uploader:
http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/index.php

Safe and Enjoyable Holiday Season!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 01:34 PM   #111
DobieDude
Two Cans & String User

Phone: A900
SU$: 19
No luck

I have an A900 and have tried the rumkin and a couple of other uploaders. On the rumkin site, after clicking Go, I get the song playing and have no way to save it. FunForMobile's site continues to give me File not found errors.

What gives? I'm trying to upload a m4a file generated with the same tools I've used in the past. This is really annoying.
DobieDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:38 PM   #112
ptbee
Two Cans & String User

Phone: lg rumor
SU$: 7
.qcp files not uploading to phone

i tried to upload a 30sec. .qcp ringer file with the focus uploader. no text was sent to my phone, a link was left on my pc browser (and that link took me to a page that didn't exist!) This thing doesn't work!
ptbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:23 AM   #113
siclone1
Two Cans & String User

Phone: sanyo 7400
SU$: 71
Hi everyone, I'm also having a problem getting ringtones to my phone.
I have a Sanyo M1 and the Focus tool was working fine.
now I get the Sprintusers Wap page but it says ïnvalid page" The page you requested does not exist.

Now I suppose I should mention that it WAS working fine but now it's not!
I'm in New Zealand and the only way I could get it to work before was to put 0000000000 in the mobile number field so it generated an address for me so I could access it with the wap on the phone as no text was ever sent here LOL.
I would love to continue using the focus tool as Rumkin and others have never worked for me!
Help
Thanks
Siclone
siclone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:23 AM   #114
skyhawks74
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 3
Angry ummmm

just signed up to be a member, still dont work?? what gives?
skyhawks74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:55 PM   #115
Mythica
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 35
it would really be nice not to tell people a text message is sent when one is NOT sent because you are not a registered user. I spent all afternoon trying to figure out what was wrong with my phone then stumbled over the forum post about having to be registered to send the message. (Insert VERY bad words here.) THEN after registering and trying again, I STILL am not getting the ringtone I'm trying to upload. It is a qcp file that plays just fine on this side. What's the deal I can't get it to my phone??? help?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:15 AM   #116
Bohemian Iconoclast
Project Coordinator

Phone: Virgin PayLo
SU$: 9,709
Will tackle these in order.

Note that I am not a mod and not interested in being one, just want to be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
it would really be nice not to tell people a text message is sent when one is NOT sent because you are not a registered user.
True...but did you check the "way things are" before committing to the txt?

A forum is much like someone's house. If you came in, cracked a beer and didn't bother to say thank you on the way out, I might be peeved.

Similarly, Lee has invested a lot of time and money here. He doesn't expect you to pay to be a mamber, but a quick thanks (and taking time to find out how things work is silent thanks) goes a long way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
I spent all afternoon trying to figure out what was wrong with my phone then stumbled over the forum post about having to be registered to send the message. (Insert VERY bad words here.) THEN after registering and trying again, I STILL am not getting the ringtone I'm trying to upload. It is a qcp file that plays just fine on this side. What's the deal I can't get it to my phone??? help?
Be aware that QCP files and midi files are handled differently by different phones under different carriers.

This uploader works only for Sprint phones (AFAIK).

Be aware that if this one does not work, there are multiple uploaders at funformobile.com...one of them should help.

Will post on rare occasions...

But Eisenhower’s least heeded warning — concerning the spiritual effects of permanent preparations for war — is more important now than ever.
Bohemian Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #117
Mythica
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 35
BI, i thank you for the response. I found this site by way of instructions on how to get a file uploaded to my phone on another website. As the instructions on the uploader page were certainly clear enough, I did not feel any need to come in and read forums. I did read the FAQ on using the uploader and again found nothing to indicate I had to be a registered user. I stand by my comment that a simple warning, either on the page itself that you need to be registered to use it, or a message that no text was sent for the same reason is a fast simple fix that should be included. I clicked the forum link as i was waiting on hold for sprint support, and the first on the page is where I finally read that I had to be registered. *Raises the beer in a toast on the way out the door* I appreciate the work that went into this site. Thank you Lee. I have a sanyo scp-8400 phone on sprint. I will try the new site you suggest. Thank you BI. Well wishes to all.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mythica For This Useful Post:
Bohemian Iconoclast (06-11-2011)
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Introductions > Site News & Feedback > Focus Tool > <<< Focus Support Thread >>>

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: