Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 07-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
Farrellite
Telephone User

Mood: Hot
Phone: LG G2
My Mood: Hot
SU$: 1,551
Having trouble sending pictures

Actually I can send them but people are not receiving them. If that makes sense. I don't get any errors telling me that they photos don't send but I ask people and they say they don't get them. I sent my sister-in-law a photo today and she got it fine but my husband never receives them and neither does my sister. My sister-in-law has an LG phone, my husband has Sanyo and my sister has iphone. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Also I was sending them from the picsay app and so I thought to try it the regular way and see if it made a difference and it didn't. I went to messages and then added a pic from my gallery and still this method didn't work. I don't know why they aren't getting the pics. It's very frustrating.

Could this be an issue with photo size or something? Oh and my sis in law is on Sprint too and if her phone could get the file then why couldn't my husband who is also on Sprint? I didn't resize or anything when I sent it to her.

Last edited by MsRandall; 07-19-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Farrellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
pad191
Walkie Talkie User

SU$: 3,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrellite View Post
Actually I can send them but people are not receiving them. If that makes sense. I don't get any errors telling me that they photos don't send but I ask people and they say they don't get them. I sent my sister-in-law a photo today and she got it fine but my husband never receives them and neither does my sister. My sister-in-law has an LG phone, my husband has Sanyo and my sister has iphone. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Also I was sending them from the picsay app and so I thought to try it the regular way and see if it made a difference and it didn't. I went to messages and then added a pic from my gallery and still this method didn't work. I don't know why they aren't getting the pics. It's very frustrating.

Could this be an issue with photo size or something? Oh and my sis in law is on Sprint too and if her phone could get the file then why couldn't my husband who is also on Sprint? I didn't resize or anything when I sent it to her.
Are you using Handcent? I don't know about the stock texting app (Handcent is better imo), but if you go to the gallery app, select the picture you want to send, menu -> share, then scroll down until you see Handcent SMS or Messages, whichever you use for texting. Select it and you'll get a message saying the picture is too large and it will ask if you want to automatically resize. Press resize and then enter the recepient of the message. I've sent multiple MMSs this way and have worked just fine. If they're not seeing the image, it could be an issue with their phone.
pad191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
Farrellite
Telephone User

No, I'm not using handcent just the stock app. I don't get the message asking if I want to resize though. I did once but not everytime and it popped up really quick and disappeared before I had a chance to do anything or maybe I touched the screen not sure. I just don't get it. I thought maybe it was just the picsay app but the regular way doesn't seem to be working either. It could be their phones but like I said my sister-in-law got a pic from me today just fine and my sister should be able to on her iphone just fine she sends them to me and I get them just fine so why not the reverse?
Old 07-18-2010, 10:52 PM   #4
Farrellite
Telephone User

Ok so I just tried to send some more photos and what I get is a message stating that the file is too large and it's being compressed. No options are given this seems to be automatic. This was after I tried playing with the settings and changing the resolution size and making it smaller. Still same issue.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:03 AM   #5
tool2269
Rocket Surgeon

Mood: Ninja
Phone: Galaxy S3
My Mood: Ninja
SU$: 18,772
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269
the evo will automatically resize the picture. best way to send them.. email.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:07 AM   #6
Farrellite
Telephone User

well that's no fun. I just want to send them in a message like I used to with my old phone. My husband never had problems getting them that way nor did anyone else so I don't get what the problem is now with the evo. This stinks My husband doesn't have email on his phone so he's not going to get them instantly and I don't think most of the people I know check their email from their phones. Kind of takes the fun out of it. I would like to get to the bottom of it and figure out if the trouble is on my end or theirs. Like I said I sent one today and it worked and now it won't so I don't know what's going on. If my SIL and get one on her LG Rumor then I would think my sister wouldn't have any problems on her iphone. This is so annoying
Old 07-19-2010, 12:09 AM   #7
tool2269
Rocket Surgeon

have you tried opening the picture from 'gallery' and using the 'share' (the two upward pointing arrows) feature? doubt it makes any difference...plus i think it'll still resize them

here's some thread about it.
basically we're limited to sending out less than 2mb; other carries can't recieve mms or are restricted by their mms size; and right now there's no fix.

Last edited by tool2269; 07-19-2010 at 12:16 AM.
tool2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:14 AM   #8
Farrellite
Telephone User

Thanks. Yes, I did try that. I tried a couple of different ways just to see what would happen. I tried that method, I tried via the picsay app and also just after immediately taking a photo. I think I will also try just doing an attachment when composing a message and see if that works.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:16 AM   #9
Farrellite
Telephone User

ok, well that seemed to work. For some reason that is the only way I can get it to work they won't "share" from the gallery or from picsay. Bummer, wonder why. I do notice that when I share them via the gallery or picsay they are called "slideshow" and when attaching they are not slideshow. Wonder if this makes a difference, well, I guess it must but I wonder why. It would be nice to be able to share them more than one method. I don't always send them immediately after I take them. I hope this is making sense basically to get it sent I have to click attach then take a pic and send it. But I would rather be able to share from my gallery rather than always attaching them in a text.

Last edited by Farrellite; 07-19-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:29 AM   #10
tool2269
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrellite View Post
ok, well that seemed to work. For some reason that is the only way I can get it to work they won't "share" from the gallery or from picsay. Bummer, wonder why. I do notice that when I share them via the gallery or picsay they are called "slideshow" and when attaching they are not slideshow. Wonder if this makes a difference, well, I guess it must but I wonder why. It would be nice to be able to share them more than one method. I don't always send them immediately after I take them. I hope this is making sense basically to get it sent I have to click attach then take a pic and send it. But I would rather be able to share from my gallery rather than always attaching them in a text.

you can't 'attach' and selected 'from gallery'? you had to select 'attach'.. 'from camera' and take a picture?
Old 07-19-2010, 12:33 AM   #11
Farrellite
Telephone User

Ok, I knew I wasn't making sense. Earlier today nothing seemed to work. But just now I was able to 1. select attach and then take a photo and send it. 2. select a photo to share from my gallery and send it.

Picsay sharing is a no go. That doesn't seem to work no matter what. What works is saving the edited photo to my sd card and then sharing from my gallery. Kind of a bummer picsay is fun. Wonder if the pro version has this issue as well.

It's weird that earlier today around 7 pm I was not able to send any photos at all. Well, I sent them but he didn't get them.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #12
pad191
Walkie Talkie User

SU$: 3,106
Before giving up completely, download Handcent (it's free) and install. Then go into the Gallery app, select a picture so that it fills the screen, then press menu -> share, then scroll down until you see Handcent SMS and use that.

The stock messaging app appears to resize the photo, but then it doesn't embed the photo in the message, it seems to attach it. That might be what's causing the issues.
pad191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #13
PSkinny121
Cordless Phone User

Phone: EVO
SU$: 1,764
I'm having this same problem now. Some people get my picture messages but some don't. Specifically, I know that my friend on Verizon gets them just fine with a normal phone (not sure which one), but my other friend on Verizon with a blackberry doesn't get them. Also, two people I know with iPhones don't get them. Not sure the reason for this though. Typically, what I do is type my text message, then click the paper clip then picture, then gallery, camera shots, select a photo, get the too large message, it compresses, then I usually add a subject line and send. It always turns it into a slideshow automatically. Don't know how not to have this happen. Some people get the messages some don't.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: