Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 09-10-2009, 11:52 PM   #1
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
"AnyMobile"

Well, it seems that Sprint made a HUGE announcement today, and their are many questions about it. I will try to sum up the answers quickly here.

New service: AnyMobile allowing select customers to have unlimited calls to ANY wireless customer, no matter what network!

Who qualifies: Customers who have selected an "everything data" plan with 450 and 900 minutes, those who are on the EPRP (new SERO) and Everything data family plan customers with 1500 and 3000 minutes. Simply everything would qualify, but since its totally unlimited it makes no difference!

When this takes effect: Starting today 9/10/09 at the renewal of your plan month, or when switching to a qualifying plan. Calling in to have the "data" portion of your plan changed is apparently the way to get this effective today no matter where you are in your billing cycle.

How it works: Sprint will use internal databases as well as 3rd party databases to determine if the number you are calling is a "mobile" number or not. Based on that determination, it will either be a free call or deduct from your regular minutes.

Where it works: Only when you are on the Sprint network. The service DOES NOT work when roaming, the same as mobile to mobile.

What's excluded: The person must have a mobile number domestically. The number must be a mobile number, not a VoIP number or a landline.

What plans do NOT qualify: Free and clear, fair and flexible, power pack, SERO, everything messaging, employee plans, SWAC plans, 3rd party plans. Their may be other names, but thats a good starting point

Other terms and conditions: The service works incoming and outgoing, but the caller ID information must be displayed for incoming calls. Private and restricted calls will be billed as regular usage.

How can I get this service, since I dont qualify now? Switch to an "everything data" plan. Thats the only way to qualify.

Updates: Employee plans are those issued by Sprint to employees of the company. Employee plans dont qualify, but your employee discount from your employer does not affect your ability to get "anyMobile." If you work for best buy and have a standard rate plan that qualifies, you get "anyMobile." If you have a best buy or radio shack 3rd party plan, you dont qualify.

Perks such as FIMF, pick 3, bonus minutes do not affect your ability to get "anyMobile." If your base plan qualifies, you get it.

See anything you think needs updated? Drop me a PM

Last edited by Dan; 09-11-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dan For This Useful Post:
alex800 (04-08-2010), andrewmp6 (09-15-2010), dbldwn02 (09-11-2009), eprangel (09-11-2009), MsBeautiful85 (09-22-2009), nfiniti (09-11-2009), nsnasser (09-11-2009), Pirate (09-16-2009), theChosen1G (10-20-2009)
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Staff Forum > Archived & Closed Forums > What Phone Should I Get? > Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) > "AnyMobile"