Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 04-28-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
steveymacjr
All EVO! Until WP7

Mood: Pregnant
Phone: Megaphone
My Mood: Pregnant
SU$: 8,107
Self Service Phone Replacement Tool

Has anyone seen or used this tool?
Here's a link to it: https://indirect.nextel.com/apps/adv...&withinRange=N
you can also get to it by going to "find a store" choosing "phone repair locator" and its below the map...
anyway i'm unable to do it because my phone is out of stock...
Old 04-28-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
squatchie16
Telegraph User

Phone: M520
SU$: 391
i hadn't seen that yet, seems pretty neat
squatchie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:49 PM   #3
hploco
HUH?

Mood: Cynical
Phone: Epic
Trades: 3
My Mood: Cynical
SU$: 1,812
Send a message via MSN to hploco
Do you qualify?
- You will need your wireless number, account pass code and electronic serial number information off the back of your phone.
- Your phone must power on.
- Your phone has not been exposed to liquid, moisture or extensive physical damage.
- Your phone has been active for more than 30 days and is currently displaying a defect.
- Your phone has not been reported as lost or stolen.

So I guess if lets say I broke the screen, it wouldn't be coverd by this.
hploco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:42 AM   #4
TvTech
Crackberry Addict

Phone: BB Curve
SU$: 6,312
Is this in relation to TEP and how does this relate to people with insurance or TEP on their account?
Old 04-29-2008, 03:13 AM   #5
masterpilot327
Phone God

Phone: Treo 700wx
SU$: 1,058
I have TEP insurance, so I'm curious too...

Also, I got this...

"We apologize for the inconvenience; however, at this time, inventory is not available to fulfill your request. For further options and assistance, please visit a Sprint Phone Repair Center. To find a Phone Repair Center, visit www.sprint.com/storelocator and select “Find a Phone Repair Center”. "
masterpilot327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:17 AM   #6
Andre
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Sprint EVO
SU$: 16,875
Send a message via AIM to Andre Send a message via Yahoo to Andre Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
I have used it, and it work very good, And the good thing about it is that when you file, you will get your replacement the next day
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:10 PM   #7
hploco
HUH?

Mood: Cynical
Phone: Epic
Trades: 3
My Mood: Cynical
SU$: 1,812
Send a message via MSN to hploco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
I have used it, and it work very good, And the good thing about it is that when you file, you will get your replacement the next day
what was wrong if you don't mind.
hploco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #8
mike068
Show No Fear

Phone: 9930 Bold
SU$: 4,664
Send a message via Yahoo to mike068
Hay it seems pretty cool if it works correctly but the way thing are going I doubt it. I would rather talk to a person for confirmation heck I cant stand using sprints e-chat and its most likely something of the same nature.
mike068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #9
samku06
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: HTC Titan II
Trades: 1
SU$: 1,606
Send a message via AIM to samku06 Send a message via Yahoo to samku06
Who does this self replacement program apply too?

Does anyone know the details of this self replacement program?
Is it for people with tep or esrp, or will sprint do this for any customer with no charge if they are having problems with their phones?
samku06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #10
SNI.SRD
It's the PCS (Personal Cellular Service!) way.

Phone: Nokia 5190
SU$: 1,742
Smile Hope this helps...

Hello Folks,

Glad to see you found this great feature! It has been available for quite some time to our business customers, and are now trying to make it available to all of our customers both business and consumer.

To clear up a bit of the confusion on this service. This is known as a Advanced Phone Exchange (or Advanced Exchange). These are usually done by reps at stores, when you need to get a new device due to a defect. But, now we are allowing our customers to do it.

As far as I have been told TEP is not needed for this to function. If someone knows (indefinantly) otherwise please correct me. But from what I have been informed of is that this is an Advanced Phone Exchange and there is no need for TEP.

But... like it says your phone can't be damaged (ie: water, run over by truck) - for that you will need TEP. This is just for a malfunctioning phone due to software problems/bugs.
T-Mobile: 2500 Nationwide FamilyTalk Plan (2 lines) for $99.99. I also have $9.99 Unlimited Family Messaging US/Canada, $25.00 Unlimited Family Data Pack, three add-a-lines at $9.99 a piece, and a $10 loyalty discount. That comes out to... $165.00 total, or $33.00/line (before taxes & 12% Corp Disc). Plus FamilyAllowances, unlimited MyFaves, unlimited Hotspot@Home calling, unlimited 9PM N/Ws, unlimited M2M, Visual VoiceMail, GPS Navigation, and 500 CF Mins included on all lines at no extra cost.
SNI.SRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #11
steveymacjr
All EVO! Until WP7

here's a link to the faq's for the service: http://storelocator.sprint.com/Sprint/pr_FAQ.pdf
Selected Questions and Answers below:

What is the self service Phone Replacement Program program?
The Phone Replacement Program is a self service option for our Sprint customers to request a replacement for a defective or non-working phone

I broke my phone. Is this the right way to get it replaced?
If your phone exhibits signs of corrosion, is in more than one piece or will not power on, and you are enrolled in our Total Equipment Protection Program or Equipment Replacement Program, please contact your insurance provider to process a claim.
If you are not enrolled in Sprint’s Total Equipment Protection Program and your phone shows signs of corrosion, is in more than one piece or will not power on, please visit one of our Phone Repair Centers or Customer Care department for assistance with ordering a replacement phone, which may require a contract extension. To find a Phone Repair Center, go to
www.sprintcom/storelocator, select Phone Repair Center.

I dropped my phone in water. Is this the right way to get it replaced?
If your phone has been exposed to liquid of any kind and exhibits a problem and you are enrolled in Sprint’s Total Equipment Protection Program, please contact your insurance provider to process a claim. If you are not enrolled in our Total Equipment Protection Program, please visit one of our Phone Repair Centers or Customer Care department for assistance with ordering a replacement phone, which may require a contract extension. To find a Phone Repair Center, go to www.sprintcom/storelocator, select Phone Repair Center.

Why can’t I take my phone into the store for repair?
Sprint strives to stock repair parts and warranty replacement phones in our Phone Repair Center inventory for the majority of our customers. At times we are not able to stock equipment for all phone models so that they can be repaired under our ‘while you wait service’. The fastest process for getting your handset repaired/replaced is by processing a replacement order through this self service web option.

Can I charge the Phone Replacement fee to my credit card?
At this time, we are unable to accept credit card payments for the Phone Replacement Program. However, we are researching additional payment options to make the program more user friendly.

How soon will I receive my replacement phone?
We will process and ship all orders within 2 business days of order submission.

My replacement phone doesn’t work.
If your replacement phone does not work or will not connect to the network after following the activation instructions, please contact our Customer Care department for further assistance. If your phone is determined to be inoperable after calling care, please send an email to AEescalations@sprint.com. We strive to respond to emails within 2-3 hours of submission during normal business hours (CST). This is the quickest method to resolve issues with your replacement phone. You can also locate a local Phone Repair Center by visiting www.sprint.com/storelocator to have your replacement phone examined for defects. Please keep in mind that some phone models are not available in the store, so a replacement phone may have to be ordered. To identify which phone models are eligible for in store repair, please reference the “View Full Details” on the Phone Repair
Center search results screen under each of the Phone Repair Center locations listed.

I received a different phone than promised?
We strive to replace your phone with the same model; however, there are extreme circumstances where we will provide a different but comparable model to yours as a replacement. In the event we do ship you a different model, you will receive the standard accessories which come packaged with the phone. If you are unsatisfied with the replacement phone model
shipped to you, please send an email to AEescalations@sprint.com. We strive to respond to emails within 2-3 hours of submission during normal business hours (CST).

What is this $55 charge on my Sprint Account?
The $55 dollar fee is the transaction fee for your Phone Replacement Order. If you are not enrolled in our Total Equipment Protection Program this is a fee charged on a per incident basis. The Phone Replacement Program is a fast, reliable and affordable way for getting your defective, non-working phone replaced. Since you agreed to those fees at the time of order submittal they are non-refundable. If you have additional questions, please contact our Sprint Customer Care department.

Why did I receive a non-returned phone charge of $50, $100 or $200 on my Sprint Account?
If you received a charge of $50, $100, or $200 on your Sprint account, it is most likely for failure to return your defective, non-working phone within 15 days. This resulted in your Sprint Account being charged one of these non-refundable charges as agreed at the time of your order. If you have additional questions please contact our Sprint Customer Care department.

Why did I receive a $125 charge on my Sprint Account for a “damaged beyond repair” phone?
If you received a charge of $125 to your Sprint account, we have received your return phone and found it to be damaged beyond repair. Damaged beyond repair could include but is not limited to: the phone showing signs of liquid damage or corrosion on the internal pieces of the phone, the phone itself is in more than one piece, or will not power on. These fees are non-refundable. If you have additional questions, please contact our Sprint Customer Care department.

Why did I receive a $75 charge on my Sprint Account for a “no defect found” phone?
If you received a charge of $75 to your Sprint account, we have received your return phone and found it to have no defects. These fees are non-refundable. If you have additional questions, please contact our Sprint Customer Care department.

Can I return my phone to get the non-returned charge credited off my account?
If you received a charge of $50, $100, or $200 on your Sprint account, it is most likely for failure to return your defective, non-working phone within 15 days. This resulted in your Sprint Account being charged one of these non-refundable charges as agreed at the time of your order. If you have additional questions please contact our Sprint Customer Care department.

How and when will I know if I will be charged for not returning my phone?
Once we have received your return phone through the mail, an email will be automatically generated to the email address provided at the time of your Phone Replacement Order. You can also check the status of your return shipment by visiting https://returnscenter.smartlabel.com/sprint. You can view order summary and status information, as well as reprint your customized return shipping label on this website.

Last edited by steveymacjr; 04-29-2008 at 05:37 PM.
steveymacjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:38 PM   #12
steveymacjr
All EVO! Until WP7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNI.SRD View Post
Hello Folks,

Glad to see you found this great feature! It has been available for quite some time to our business customers, and are now trying to make it available to all of our customers both business and consumer.

To clear up a bit of the confusion on this service. This is known as a Advanced Phone Exchange (or Advanced Exchange). These are usually done by reps at stores, when you need to get a new device due to a defect. But, now we are allowing our customers to do it.

As far as I have been told TEP is not needed for this to function. If someone knows (indefinantly) otherwise please correct me. But from what I have been informed of is that this is an Advanced Phone Exchange and there is no need for TEP.

But... like it says your phone can't be damaged (ie: water, run over by truck) - for that you will need TEP. This is just for a malfunctioning phone due to software problems/bugs.
according the the Faq's there is a $50 fee mentioned... is this charged if you have TEP? are there any fees with TEP to do this service?
Old 04-29-2008, 05:43 PM   #13
aau007
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Bored
Phone: Shift
Trades: 8
My Mood: Bored
SU$: 16,679

I like it when you won't find a "no" answer in their faq. They only tell you what can be done or call and ask but won't say "no".
aau007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #14
ink718
Account Inactive

Phone: Touch Pro
Trades: 4
SU$: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718
Great find! ;]
ink718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:44 PM   #15
SNI.SRD
It's the PCS (Personal Cellular Service!) way.

Phone: Nokia 5190
SU$: 1,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveymacjr View Post
according the the Faq's there is a $50 fee mentioned... is this charged if you have TEP? are there any fees with TEP to do this service?
If you have TEP there is a $50 fee incurred for replacement of your phone. TEP covers the replacement of your phone due to damage, water/liquid damage, theft, and loss.

Without TEP you can use this service to replace your phone if there is a software bug, or something like that - but this service DOES NOT cover theft/loss or water/liquid damage. APE (Advanced Phone Exchange), is available for a $55.00 fee to replace a phone that falls under the APE requirements (requirements stated above).

If your phone is water damaged, and you do not have TEP, you can go to a store and see what type of deal they can give you for getting a new phone (most likely early upgrade w/ new 2-year contract).
---------------------------------------------------

ERP = theft/loss/water damage - $50 deductible for replacement- monthly service fee of $4

APE = software bugs - $55 replacement fee - no service fees (APE does NOT cover theft/loos/water damage)

ERSP = minor repairs (in a Sprint Repair Center) - no fees - $4 monthly service fee

TEP = minor repairs/theft/loss/water damage - for replacement fee is incurred, for repair no fee - $7 monthly service fee

Hope this helps.
T-Mobile: 2500 Nationwide FamilyTalk Plan (2 lines) for $99.99. I also have $9.99 Unlimited Family Messaging US/Canada, $25.00 Unlimited Family Data Pack, three add-a-lines at $9.99 a piece, and a $10 loyalty discount. That comes out to... $165.00 total, or $33.00/line (before taxes & 12% Corp Disc). Plus FamilyAllowances, unlimited MyFaves, unlimited Hotspot@Home calling, unlimited 9PM N/Ws, unlimited M2M, Visual VoiceMail, GPS Navigation, and 500 CF Mins included on all lines at no extra cost.

Last edited by SNI.SRD; 04-29-2008 at 06:48 PM.
SNI.SRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Self Service Phone Replacement Tool

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: