Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 03-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
Cheatachu72
Liability

Mood: Lurking
Phone: pbr
Trades: 23
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 14,032
Pronger Suspension fair?

Pronger got 8 games for stomping on Kesler:

Simon got a record setting 30 games for stomping on on Ruutu

So do you think the Pronger suspension was fair? if you are going to punish Simon for 30 games for what he did, how does pronger get off with 8 games and not even a penalty?
sanyo 8100>sanyo 5500>samsung i330>sanyo 5500>nokia 6016>sanyo 5400>sanyo 5600>samsung a900>samsung a900m>sanyo 8300>UpStage>sanyo 8300>lucky-goldstar fusic>lucky-goldstar muziq>htc mogu>sammy m610>htc touch>Palm Pre>Lucky-Goldstar Optimus Prime
Currently: Content with an Optimus S
Cheatachu72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:50 AM   #2
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheatachu72 View Post
Pronger got 8 games for stomping on Kesler:

Simon got a record setting 30 games for stomping on on Ruutu

So do you think the Pronger suspension was fair? if you are going to punish Simon for 30 games for what he did, how does pronger get off with 8 games and not even a penalty?
OK, better late than never. I believe Simon got the 30 games because he is basically a known hot head and has had so many problems that the league just doesn't want to deal with his crap. If you get off one suspension and continue on your old habits, its not long before Simon will be told to enjoy life back on the reservation in Canada.

If it was any coach but Ted Nolan, I think Simon would have been cut with the 30 game suspension. Nolan has worked with Simon for years (I believe they come from the same reservation) and thinks he can get Simon to actually play the game.

As far as the "no penalty" call, the official has to see it to call it. I've seen many a time that it was missed on ice and the league watched the tapes and handed down suspensions. I don't think this is unique to hockey either, as I believe the NFL and probably the NBA has done the same thing in the past. Since it took the NHL seeing a new angle to issue the suspension, apparently the ref's blew it!

It seems Simon has staked his reputation as a decent player who resorts to extreme violence too often, while Pronger does stupid things sometimes but without the extreme intent to injure like swinging a stick at someones neck or head!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Pronger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Simon
Old 03-26-2008, 10:06 AM   #3
Cheatachu72
Liability

Mood: Lurking
Phone: pbr
Trades: 23
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 14,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
OK, better late than never. I believe Simon got the 30 games because he is basically a known hot head and has had so many problems that the league just doesn't want to deal with his crap. If you get off one suspension and continue on your old habits, its not long before Simon will be told to enjoy life back on the reservation in Canada.

If it was any coach but Ted Nolan, I think Simon would have been cut with the 30 game suspension. Nolan has worked with Simon for years (I believe they come from the same reservation) and thinks he can get Simon to actually play the game.

As far as the "no penalty" call, the official has to see it to call it. I've seen many a time that it was missed on ice and the league watched the tapes and handed down suspensions. I don't think this is unique to hockey either, as I believe the NFL and probably the NBA has done the same thing in the past. Since it took the NHL seeing a new angle to issue the suspension, apparently the ref's blew it!

It seems Simon has staked his reputation as a decent player who resorts to extreme violence too often, while Pronger does stupid things sometimes but without the extreme intent to injure like swinging a stick at someones neck or head!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Pronger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Simon
pronger has previous incidents too...did you watch the stanley cup last year? i would like to see somebody tell me with a straight face that there is no intent to injure with this elbow:

or what about his elbow to holmstrom?

pronger is a thug too, but he is a good player so he gets away with this crap
sanyo 8100>sanyo 5500>samsung i330>sanyo 5500>nokia 6016>sanyo 5400>sanyo 5600>samsung a900>samsung a900m>sanyo 8300>UpStage>sanyo 8300>lucky-goldstar fusic>lucky-goldstar muziq>htc mogu>sammy m610>htc touch>Palm Pre>Lucky-Goldstar Optimus Prime
Currently: Content with an Optimus S
Cheatachu72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:00 AM   #4
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheatachu72 View Post
pronger has previous incidents too...did you watch the stanley cup last year? i would like to see somebody tell me with a straight face that there is no intent to injure with this elbow:

or what about his elbow to holmstrom?

pronger is a thug too, but he is a good player so he gets away with this crap
An elbow thrown is bad, to be sure, but doesnt rise to the level of 2 handed swinging at a players neck. Had Simon hit the player in the neck, worse in the throat, the outcome could have been a paralyzed or dead person.

I think the league made the right call, and Pronger is on notice that his next incident will result in stiffer penalties. Colin Campbell seems to keep increasing the penalites until the player gets the message or just leaves the league.

The best thing that could happen to organized sport would be criminal charges filed against the players for serious incidents on the field of play. Once a few people get arrested for their hot headed conduct and face jail, the incidents will go down.

Their will always be fighting between players in hockey, football, basketball and the bench clearing brawl in baseball. If these incidents have a baseball bat swung at a head, a hockey stick at a neck, etc then the criminal justice system must step in to go where the leagues really can't.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:56 PM   #5
enob
Digital PCS User

Mood: Aggressive
Phone: Galaxy S II 4G
My Mood: Aggressive
SU$: 3,220
Come on guys whats a little kick theres been alot worse..
But how about Patrick Roy and his son....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: