Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 06:41 AM   #1
grench78
Two Cans & String User

Phone: LG260 RUMOR
SU$: 238
Angry why is sprint so slow

i don't understand why sprint is so slow getting out new styles to sell. take the "new" samsung m520; not new at all. t-mobile has had this phone out for over a year now (the samsung t629). i used to work for sprint and everybody has probably heard about the new verizon phone the samsung alias that is pretty cool. sprint turned that phone down last year. i know because a samsung rep told me about. why sprint. why would you do that. sprint would have made a bunch of money off that phone. because verizon is probably makin a killin. also, the palm 755 came out at least 6 months after at&t released the palm 680 and 750 which were the same phones just different names and colors. c'mon sprint pull the led outta your *ss
grench78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:46 AM   #2
Judah
Telephone User

Phone: BB 8350 & Palm
SU$: 1,404
Send a message via AIM to Judah
i have to agree about Sprint being slow on phones BUT using the Samsung Alias as an example was a bad choice. the phone is no where near being new. it was released by VZW on 12/4/06 as the Samsung U740. all VZW did was rename the phone on 3/6/08 to the 'Alias'.

as for the AT&T phones. sorry but your misinformed, they are not the same phone at all. the 680 was a Palm OS device with a crappy VGA camera, used GPRS/EDGE for data had 64 MB internal memory. the 750 is a WM6 device w/ a 1.3 MP camera, GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA( much faster data speeds) and 128MB RAM, 60MB ROM flash memory. see the difference? not at all the same phone.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
grench78
Two Cans & String User

Phone: LG260 RUMOR
SU$: 238
they are the same just a few different things. im not an idiot i used to work on all of sprint's phones. and had contacts at other carriers. the carriers have to add or take away some things so that they don't get in trouble. and yes i know about the u740 because sprint was testing a u720 at the time and the only difference was it did not flip open to the side for texting. and sprint turned that one down also.
grench78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:03 PM   #4
SprintSALES
Account Inactive

Phone: Storm, Palm Pre
Trades: 3
SU$: 4,362
It has to do with exclusive right. One carrier will have exclusive right for a phone for a certain time period. There are phones that sprint has before anyone alse as well.
SprintSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:06 PM   #5
Imajika
Rockin' the Sprint world!

Phone: Palm Centro
SU$: 5,041
Send a message via AIM to Imajika Send a message via MSN to Imajika Send a message via Yahoo to Imajika
It's just like the Centro. Sprint had exclusive rights to sell that phone for a specific amount of time before any other wireless company could sell it.
Imajika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:59 PM   #6
INTERNET2000
Digital PCS User

Mood: Happy
Phone: Apple iPhone 4
My Mood: Happy
SU$: 16,699
The LG Rumor is likely another example as it has taken Alltel until now to pick that up.
INTERNET2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #7

SU$: 0
plus all sanyo phones, look at the katana series, the M1, the upcomming pro series

sprint also got the ace which yea the blackjack has been out for a bit but no other cdma carrier offers it.

sprint also got the mogul and touch first also.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:30 PM   #8
Ced91071
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Treo 650
SU$: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettW View Post
plus all sanyo phones, look at the katana series, the M1, the upcomming pro series

sprint also got the ace which yea the blackjack has been out for a bit but no other cdma carrier offers it.

sprint also got the mogul and touch first also.

ace>blackjack<blackjack II
The Mogul is the equvalent of the 8525 which ATT released last year and has since replaced with the 8925/Tilt
The Touch................................who cares about it?
No matter how you slice it, Sprint needs to pick up the pace on phone selection!!!!!
Ced91071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:38 AM   #9
SprintSALES
Account Inactive

Phone: Storm, Palm Pre
Trades: 3
SU$: 4,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ced91071 View Post
ace>blackjack<blackjack II
The Mogul is the equvalent of the 8525 which ATT released last year and has since replaced with the 8925/Tilt
The Touch................................who cares about it?
No matter how you slice it, Sprint needs to pick up the pace on phone selection!!!!!
they are the same as any other carrier. they arent "slow" and the touch is one of the hottest best selling phones, a lot of people care about it.
SprintSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:36 AM   #10
bcaroo

Phone: Pre
Trades: 1
SU$: 10,178
It is all about perception. Sprint gets new, exclusive phones that other carriers don't get but unless you are a customer who is drooling over that type of phone it doesn't count. What OP is seeing is other companies getting new phones - that they are interested in - and that Sprint will not get until the exclusive period is done. Someone working selling Sprint phones will be able to tell OP that the Touch, Centro, and Rumor are great phones that sell well but since OP is not interested in them so they "don't count" in their mind. :shrugs: You are never going to win this argument until Sprint offers something THEY are interested in.

IMO - Phone form factor are trendy - for a long time it was all about the slim flip phones now the trend is to have a slider either with or without qwerty keyboard. However, the general population likes to choose between styles so it behooves a company to offer multiple styles and to refresh the styles which Sprint is doing. My father in law prefers a slim flip, my son wants a keypad because he can text faster with his thumbs (??) and I prefer a qwerty phone.
bcaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:54 PM   #11
Ced91071
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Treo 650
SU$: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintSALES1934 View Post
they are the same as any other carrier. they arent "slow" and the touch is one of the hottest best selling phones, a lot of people care about it.
Are you serious????? Now don't get me wrong; Sprint's network OWNS ATT! But if you compare phone selection between ATT & Sprint, then you'll understand. In Sprint's defense, they ARE improving. Oh well, such is the life of a phone junkie........................
Ced91071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Rants, Debates, & Farewells - All Carriers > why is sprint so slow

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: