Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 07-18-2007, 10:18 PM   #1
Cheatachu72
Liability

Mood: Lurking
Phone: pbr
Trades: 23
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 14,032
Golfers on the 'roids?

a couple of years ago golf was for fat old men....

I love wood's quote: "If anything, probably out here it would be testing positive for maybe being hung over a little bit"

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...644553,00.html

Quote:
CARNOUSTIE, Scotland (AP) Gary Player said Wednesday he knows of at least one golfer who has used steroids, and he urged golf organizations to move quickly toward a random drug-testing plan.

"We're dreaming if we think it's not going to come into golf," Player said.

Player estimated 10 players from tours around the world were taking some type of performance-enhancing drug. Asked how he knew golfers were taking steroids, he said a player told him in confidence.

"One guy told me and I took an oath prior to him telling me but he told me what he did and I could see this massive change in him," Player said. "And somebody else told me something I also promised I wouldn't tell, that verified others had done it."

Last year, the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews and the USGA used random testing for the first time at the World Amateur Team Championship in South Africa. All 12 tests came back negative.

The LPGA Tour said it would start drug testing next year, while the European Tour and PGA Tour also are moving toward drug policies. R&A chief executive Peter Dawson supports testing, although he said the professional tours are better suited to develop drug policies.

Asked about Player's accusation, Dawson referred to Tiger Woods' comments earlier in the week.

Woods, who has come out in favor of drug testing, was asked Tuesday if he would be surprised if a golfer tested positive.

"If anything, probably out here it would be testing positive for maybe being hung over a little bit," Woods said. "But that's about it. I know some guys have taken Medrol packs for inflammation in their wrists, but other than that, I really don't see anybody doing anything, or have heard anybody doing anything."

Phil Mickelson also said he thought golfers were clean.

"I don't think there's even a remote chance that will happen," he said of a golfer testing positive for steroids.
sanyo 8100>sanyo 5500>samsung i330>sanyo 5500>nokia 6016>sanyo 5400>sanyo 5600>samsung a900>samsung a900m>sanyo 8300>UpStage>sanyo 8300>lucky-goldstar fusic>lucky-goldstar muziq>htc mogu>sammy m610>htc touch>Palm Pre>Lucky-Goldstar Optimus Prime
Currently: Content with an Optimus S
Cheatachu72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > The SU Lounge > The Arena > Golf > Golfers on the 'roids?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: