Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #1
Cheatachu72
Liability

Mood: Lurking
Phone: pbr
Trades: 23
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 14,032
Wie withdraws.....again

wasnt she suppose to be the future of women's golf? great example how to mis-manage someones golf career....

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...639075,00.html

Quote:
SOUTHERN PINES, N.C. (AP) Once considered the future of women's golf, Michelle Wie's future has never looked more uncertain.

Rubbing an injured wrist and teary eyes, Wie withdrew from the U.S. Women's Open halfway through her second round Saturday on her way to another score in the 80s. She was 6 over through nine holes when she quit after hitting her second shot on the par-5 first hole, telling her playing partners, "I'm done."

The 17-year-old from Hawaii was 17 over for the tournament when she walked away, the second time in three tournaments she has withdrawn. For the year, she has completed seven rounds with an average score of just under 78.

And not even Wie was certain what to do.

"As of right now, I don't know," Wie said, wearing an ice bag on her left wrist, the defiant tone in her voice reduced to resignation. ``I'm definitely going to think about all the options. I want to lay off again, but we'll have to see.''

It was another setback for the teenager who turned pro in October 2005 and earns close to $20 million a year in endorsements.

Only a year ago, she had a share of the lead on the back nine of all three U.S. majors on the LPGA Tour, and made headlines around the world by coming close to qualifying for the men's U.S. Open at Winged Foot.

Her latest scorecard - withdraw, dead last, withdraw.

Wie played without a brace on her wrist at Pine Needles, but said her wrist was sore when she woke up Saturday to start her second round in the storm-delayed tournament. She said it flared up on a tee shot at No. 17, her eighth hole.

``And then after that, it kind of went downhill,'' she said. ``I don't remember hurting this much.''

Wie's next tournament is supposed to be the Evian Masters in France that starts July 25, but even that was up in the air.

``I definitely have to re-evaluate because I obviously don't want this to happen again,'' Wie said.

Wie finished second at the Evian Masters last year, closing with a 68.

She has not broken par since then.
sanyo 8100>sanyo 5500>samsung i330>sanyo 5500>nokia 6016>sanyo 5400>sanyo 5600>samsung a900>samsung a900m>sanyo 8300>UpStage>sanyo 8300>lucky-goldstar fusic>lucky-goldstar muziq>htc mogu>sammy m610>htc touch>Palm Pre>Lucky-Goldstar Optimus Prime
Currently: Content with an Optimus S
Cheatachu72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #2
kulnet
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Treo Pro
Trades: 2
SU$: 30,960
Yeah, things aren't looking too hot for ms. wie.
kulnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:54 PM   #3
LJA
Grumpy old Dog

Phone: Appl iPhone 3gs
SU$: 341
Nike's new ad campaign with her: If you can't win, then Wie it!
Go Back SprintUsers.com > The SU Lounge > The Arena > Golf > Wie withdraws.....again

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: