Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 09:24 PM   #1
Sprint Know It All
Silver G35 Riding So Clean

Mood: Brooding
Phone: Evo x2, TP2
My Mood: Brooding
SU$: 3,181
Send a message via MSN to Sprint Know It All
New Upgrade Program Details

OK here is the FAQ that everyone with old phones has been waiting for. I will give details about how the new upgrade program will work and hopefully this will help alot of clouds and questions that people have. So here we go...

The new upgrade program starts on september 9th 2006 and will stay that way until it is changed.

Both CDMA & iDen customers:
-on the first day of the 13th month there will now a $75 rebate offered on the phones that have been active for 12-22 months. (for example if u had your phone since march 13th, u would be eligible on april 1st.)
-on the first day of the 23rd month, u are eligible for a $150 rebate (instant rebate in the stores,account service/retention and telesales, a mail in everywhere else).
-You will no longer be required to add vision or power vision to your plan when u are doing an upgrade.
-there is still the $36 upgrade fee in the store and the $18 upgrade fee everywhere else.
-u must renew an agreement of some type depending on how much the rebate is.
-u must be on a plan that is $34.99 or higher with your account not having a past due amount on it.
-Once u upgrade your phone under the new upgrade program, your rebate eligibility is restarted and your next eligibility is based on the last time you upgraded your phone, not how long u have been using your activated phone. (this means that if u do an ESN swap/switch phones after being under the new upgrade program, your upgrade eligibilty stays the same. this was the biggest difference besides the upgrade program being started after 23 months)

so if u are looking to upgrade soon, especially with the new phones that are coming out on 8-31-06 (check the news and announcements section for the post on the treo 700wx and the samsung a900m post i made), it is well worth it to wait until after 9-9-06. i would actually wait until about 9-15-06 or so just to make sure that u fall under the new upgrade program...

hope this helps and if u have any questions shoot me a pm.

Plan: ED 1500 (shared), 6pm Nights (free), Airave (free), Pick 3 (free), TEP x3, "evo tax" x 2, 25% Corporate Discount. Total Monthy Bill including taxes= $149.62/mo
Old 11-01-2006, 08:39 AM   #2
Sprint Know It All
Silver G35 Riding So Clean

Mood: Brooding
Phone: Evo x2, TP2
My Mood: Brooding
SU$: 3,181
Send a message via MSN to Sprint Know It All
Just a quick notation on this, if you get a replacement phone in the store or via lockline, if a HUP code (which are used to issue discounts for upgrades) isn't put on your account, your upgrade shouldn't be reset. so dont worry about that new replacement resetting your rebate.

Plan: ED 1500 (shared), 6pm Nights (free), Airave (free), Pick 3 (free), TEP x3, "evo tax" x 2, 25% Corporate Discount. Total Monthy Bill including taxes= $149.62/mo
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Staff Forum > Archived & Closed Forums > What Phone Should I Get? > Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) > New Upgrade Program Details

Closed Thread