Trekker
Spaced

Mood: Lurking
Phone: Galaxy S III
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchico68 View Post
I am currently a technician for Sprint (3rd party), but I did sales when I first started and stay up to date in just about everything, I am here as well as a few others that help in this thread to answer any question you have. So ask away!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
I can help with the network side of things.
Ok...here is one for either one of you. I have a Palm Pre on Sprint's network. I signed up for YouMail which replaces Sprint's voicemail. I have conditional call forwarding set up (*28 + YouMail number) so that if I don't answer my phone, instead of the call going to Sprint's voicemail, it gets forwarded to YouMail.

Here is the problem: From the time that the phone stops ringing (from the caller's perspective) there is about a 5 second delay before the YouMail greeting plays. My concern is that people will hang up without leaving a message because they don't hear the greeting in time.

I've been in contact with YouMail support, who gave me a bunch of different access numbers to try. None of them helped. I called Sprint and asked if there was something they could do to somehow speed up the call forwarding part and was told there wasn't.

YouMail is great but it's almost useless to me with such a long delay before the greeting plays.

Do any of you know if anything can be done via Sprint so that the delay can be decreased?

Thanks for any assistance!
Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote