View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #11
steveymacjr
All EVO! Until WP7

Mood: Pregnant
Phone: Megaphone
My Mood: Pregnant
SU$: 8,107
here's a link to the faq's for the service: http://storelocator.sprint.com/Sprint/pr_FAQ.pdf
Selected Questions and Answers below:

What is the self service Phone Replacement Program program?
The Phone Replacement Program is a self service option for our Sprint customers to request a replacement for a defective or non-working phone

I broke my phone. Is this the right way to get it replaced?
If your phone exhibits signs of corrosion, is in more than one piece or will not power on, and you are enrolled in our Total Equipment Protection Program or Equipment Replacement Program, please contact your insurance provider to process a claim.
If you are not enrolled in Sprint’s Total Equipment Protection Program and your phone shows signs of corrosion, is in more than one piece or will not power on, please visit one of our Phone Repair Centers or Customer Care department for assistance with ordering a replacement phone, which may require a contract extension. To find a Phone Repair Center, go to
www.sprintcom/storelocator, select Phone Repair Center.

I dropped my phone in water. Is this the right way to get it replaced?
If your phone has been exposed to liquid of any kind and exhibits a problem and you are enrolled in Sprint’s Total Equipment Protection Program, please contact your insurance provider to process a claim. If you are not enrolled in our Total Equipment Protection Program, please visit one of our Phone Repair Centers or Customer Care department for assistance with ordering a replacement phone, which may require a contract extension. To find a Phone Repair Center, go to www.sprintcom/storelocator, select Phone Repair Center.

Why can’t I take my phone into the store for repair?
Sprint strives to stock repair parts and warranty replacement phones in our Phone Repair Center inventory for the majority of our customers. At times we are not able to stock equipment for all phone models so that they can be repaired under our ‘while you wait service’. The fastest process for getting your handset repaired/replaced is by processing a replacement order through this self service web option.

Can I charge the Phone Replacement fee to my credit card?
At this time, we are unable to accept credit card payments for the Phone Replacement Program. However, we are researching additional payment options to make the program more user friendly.

How soon will I receive my replacement phone?
We will process and ship all orders within 2 business days of order submission.

My replacement phone doesn’t work.
If your replacement phone does not work or will not connect to the network after following the activation instructions, please contact our Customer Care department for further assistance. If your phone is determined to be inoperable after calling care, please send an email to AEescalations@sprint.com. We strive to respond to emails within 2-3 hours of submission during normal business hours (CST). This is the quickest method to resolve issues with your replacement phone. You can also locate a local Phone Repair Center by visiting www.sprint.com/storelocator to have your replacement phone examined for defects. Please keep in mind that some phone models are not available in the store, so a replacement phone may have to be ordered. To identify which phone models are eligible for in store repair, please reference the “View Full Details” on the Phone Repair
Center search results screen under each of the Phone Repair Center locations listed.

I received a different phone than promised?
We strive to replace your phone with the same model; however, there are extreme circumstances where we will provide a different but comparable model to yours as a replacement. In the event we do ship you a different model, you will receive the standard accessories which come packaged with the phone. If you are unsatisfied with the replacement phone model
shipped to you, please send an email to AEescalations@sprint.com. We strive to respond to emails within 2-3 hours of submission during normal business hours (CST).

What is this $55 charge on my Sprint Account?
The $55 dollar fee is the transaction fee for your Phone Replacement Order. If you are not enrolled in our Total Equipment Protection Program this is a fee charged on a per incident basis. The Phone Replacement Program is a fast, reliable and affordable way for getting your defective, non-working phone replaced. Since you agreed to those fees at the time of order submittal they are non-refundable. If you have additional questions, please contact our Sprint Customer Care department.

Why did I receive a non-returned phone charge of $50, $100 or $200 on my Sprint Account?
If you received a charge of $50, $100, or $200 on your Sprint account, it is most likely for failure to return your defective, non-working phone within 15 days. This resulted in your Sprint Account being charged one of these non-refundable charges as agreed at the time of your order. If you have additional questions please contact our Sprint Customer Care department.

Why did I receive a $125 charge on my Sprint Account for a “damaged beyond repair” phone?
If you received a charge of $125 to your Sprint account, we have received your return phone and found it to be damaged beyond repair. Damaged beyond repair could include but is not limited to: the phone showing signs of liquid damage or corrosion on the internal pieces of the phone, the phone itself is in more than one piece, or will not power on. These fees are non-refundable. If you have additional questions, please contact our Sprint Customer Care department.

Why did I receive a $75 charge on my Sprint Account for a “no defect found” phone?
If you received a charge of $75 to your Sprint account, we have received your return phone and found it to have no defects. These fees are non-refundable. If you have additional questions, please contact our Sprint Customer Care department.

Can I return my phone to get the non-returned charge credited off my account?
If you received a charge of $50, $100, or $200 on your Sprint account, it is most likely for failure to return your defective, non-working phone within 15 days. This resulted in your Sprint Account being charged one of these non-refundable charges as agreed at the time of your order. If you have additional questions please contact our Sprint Customer Care department.

How and when will I know if I will be charged for not returning my phone?
Once we have received your return phone through the mail, an email will be automatically generated to the email address provided at the time of your Phone Replacement Order. You can also check the status of your return shipment by visiting https://returnscenter.smartlabel.com/sprint. You can view order summary and status information, as well as reprint your customized return shipping label on this website.

Last edited by steveymacjr; 04-29-2008 at 05:37 PM.
steveymacjr is offline   Reply With Quote