SprintUsers.com

SprintUsers.com (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sprint Discussion (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Second Line Discount is Considered ETF-waiving Event (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226939)

boxermansr 01-18-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzman_joe (Post 2652782)
Question.

When does this change officially go into effect? Just wondering so I know when the 30 days starts and ends for me to get out of the ETF.

I just accepted a new job that gets corporate discounts with Verizon but I didn't start yet.

Thanks

The notice says in Feb, which equates to whatever date in Feb you get your bill. For me, I get my bill the 15th, so I imagine it starts the 15th. I imagine it does vary based on each persons bill date, etc.

As far as when you can get out ETF free, the concensus is 30 days from the time you GET the notice (the T&C's also say the same), but some reps are telling people its 30 days from the time the charge APPEARS on the bill..

WagonMafia05 01-18-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slopokdave (Post 2652780)
Saw the change on my bill today. First rep says I am good to go, cancel all lines ETF free, after she spoke to her supervisor and said she would also be sending them an email. I told her we would port out, she says okay and they would take care of it.

Wife and I talked and decided we want new numbers, fresh start, so I go ahead and call them back. Guy says the complete opposite. Transfers me to his supervisor. Supervisor says that i would at least have to wait until the change takes place, Feb 1st. He says maybe they gave me an offer, if so, only they can do it and they would call me back. Now I wait.

P.S. I love the fact that the 1st rep asked me at the end of the call about resolving my issue, I could finally say YES as I don't call back and get a different answer..... haha

Check your contract details online. With in 15 mins of getting off the phone mine showed that my contract was fulfilled on 1/18/12. If yours says the same you can leave now.

aleesara01 01-18-2012 06:26 PM

Wow, I just got a gem of a rep on the phone - first the retentions rep said that there was no change to the billing structure. After I read her the note on my bill she put me on hold and then came back said that her supervisor reconfirmed that there were no changes being made and that I was welcome to talk to her supervisor. We I said that I would talk to the supervisor, they put me on hold for 10 minutes and the call was picked by one of the most obnoxious reps I have ever talked to. She said that yes, the discount was being removed and it would only be an increase of $7/month and then she went straight into how this was not a TOC change so they would not waive etf fees.

First off, I hope I get a survey call - she wouldn't even let me speak and she was barking at the entire time.

Second, what did I do wrong?? Should I try again?

ccchhhrrriiisss 01-18-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxermansr (Post 2652786)
The notice says in Feb, which equates to whatever date in Feb you get your bill. For me, I get my bill the 15th, so I imagine it starts the 15th. I imagine it does vary based on each persons bill date, etc.

As far as when you can get out ETF free, the concensus is 30 days from the time you GET the notice (the T&C's also say the same), but some reps are telling people its 30 days from the time the charge APPEARS on the bill..

Exactly.

In fact, we just received our bill today. It says:

Quote:

Discount Policy Change Notice
Effective your February bill cycle, Family and Business Share monthly plan charges will be billed differently. Discounts will only apply to the monthly recurring charge of the primary line. Line 2 will be billed at the applicable Add-a-Phone rate and will not be discount eligible.

Unfortunately for us, our $20 recurring credit expired. Yet, for some reason, our bill went up $27 this month -- and this is BEFORE this new deceptive pricing goes into effect.

I cannot believe that I will be going through yet another ridiculous telephone call with a poorly-informed Sprint rep in order to determine just WHY our bill went up by $27 when our $20 recurring credit expired.

There are days that I am happy with Sprint.
Today is NOT one of those days.

:frustrate

__________________________________________________ ___________
*EDIT:

http://i39.tinypic.com/smd56c.png

slopokdave 01-18-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WagonMafia05 (Post 2652787)
Check your contract details online. With in 15 mins of getting off the phone mine showed that my contract was fulfilled on 1/18/12. If yours says the same you can leave now.

Your right!!!

woooohooo!!!!! FREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jazzman_joe 01-18-2012 06:35 PM

So if they waive your ETF, can you just stay on your plan month-to-month for awhile? Or do you have to TERMINATE your plan?

boxermansr 01-18-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzman_joe (Post 2652793)
So if they waive your ETF, can you just stay on your plan month-to-month for awhile? Or do you have to TERMINATE your plan?

It'd be safe to say that you'd have to cancel, but in the past (and I think it's been more attributed to reps not following policy) some have managed to have their contract cancelled and remain month to month. I'd venture to guess that this won't be as easily done this time around however.

jazzman_joe 01-18-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxermansr (Post 2652802)
It'd be safe to say that you'd have to cancel, but in the past (and I think it's been more attributed to reps not following policy) some have managed to have their contract cancelled and remain month to month. I'd venture to guess that this won't be as easily done this time around however.

thanks for your helpfulness. much appreciated

jayhuffdaddy 01-18-2012 06:52 PM

This is great that this has made Slickdeals. I hope Sprint sees all the people that think that Sprint has gone down the tubes. I hope there is a huge slickdeal effect with this.

dayvedayve 01-18-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxermansr (Post 2652786)

This is T&C off Sprint Website

Our Right To Change The Agreement & Your Related Rights
We may change any part of the Agreement at any time, including, but not limited to, rates, charges, how we calculate charges, discounts, coverage, technologies used to provide services, or your terms of Service. We will provide you notice of material changes—and we may provide you notice of non-material changes—in a manner consistent with this Agreement (see "Providing Notice To Each Other Under The Agreement" section). If a change we make to the Agreement is material and has a material adverse effect on Services under your Term Commitment, you may terminate each line of Service materially affected without incurring an Early Termination Fee only if you: (a) call us within 30 days after the effective date of the change; and (b) specifically advise us that you wish to cancel Services because of a material change to the Agreement that we have made. If you do not cancel Service within 30 days of the change, an Early Termination Fee will apply if you terminate Services before the end of any applicable Term Commitment.

slopokdave 01-18-2012 07:28 PM

They just adjusted my contract end date. So there is technically no etf to waive. I think that's how it works for everyone. So now we can port or just call back and actually cancel.

WagonMafia05 01-18-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleesara01 (Post 2652788)
Wow, I just got a gem of a rep on the phone - first the retentions rep said that there was no change to the billing structure. After I read her the note on my bill she put me on hold and then came back said that her supervisor reconfirmed that there were no changes being made and that I was welcome to talk to her supervisor. We I said that I would talk to the supervisor, they put me on hold for 10 minutes and the call was picked by one of the most obnoxious reps I have ever talked to. She said that yes, the discount was being removed and it would only be an increase of $7/month and then she went straight into how this was not a TOC change so they would not waive etf fees.

First off, I hope I get a survey call - she wouldn't even let me speak and she was barking at the entire time.

Second, what did I do wrong?? Should I try again?

Absolutely call back. The first thing you did wrong was to believe them that is wasn't a material change (i know you didn't say you believed them but you go off the phone so they won:tu:). When you call back again arm your self with the facts. Have the ToC in front of you. When ever they like to tell me that is says in the ToC that they can change things, I like to read this to them "If a change we make to the Agreement is material and has a material adverse effect on Services under your Term Commitment, you may terminate each line of Service materially affected without incurring an Early Termination Fee only if you: (a) call us within 30 days after the effective date of the change; and (b) specifically advise us that you wish to cancel Services because of a material change to the Agreement that we have made." In that section is does say that they can change things but it also says that you have the right to cancel ETF free if its a material change. A material change can be as small as raising the price one penny. They know this. You just have to show them that you know as much as they do about this stuff. They may try and offer you a credit to off set the cost. If you want you can take it but you also have the right to deny the credit and still cancel ETF free.

The biggest thing is to be nice but prescient. Don't back down.

Hola 01-18-2012 07:54 PM

I am sure the people who cancel is a small number. Even if everyone on this form canceled (doubt it) Sprint has many more customers that it's probably going to benefit them more.

What is shocking that they don't do exceptions for those customers and have the discount apply for JUST those customers. Especially if the customer is a high value customer, wouldn't Sprint rather retain them?

I know retention doesn't exist anymore but does Sprint not try to retain a customer? More than let me credit the whole year because that's not acceptable to most customers.

aleesara01 01-18-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WagonMafia05 (Post 2652818)
Absolutely call back. The first thing you did wrong was to believe them that is wasn't a material change (i know you didn't say you believed them but you go off the phone so they won:tu:). When you call back again arm your self with the facts. Have the ToC in front of you. When ever they like to tell me that is says in the ToC that they can change things, I like to read this to them "If a change we make to the Agreement is material and has a material adverse effect on Services under your Term Commitment, you may terminate each line of Service materially affected without incurring an Early Termination Fee only if you: (a) call us within 30 days after the effective date of the change; and (b) specifically advise us that you wish to cancel Services because of a material change to the Agreement that we have made." In that section is does say that they can change things but it also says that you have the right to cancel ETF free if its a material change. A material change can be as small as raising the price one penny. They know this. You just have to show them that you know as much as they do about this stuff. They may try and offer you a credit to off set the cost. If you want you can take it but you also have the right to deny the credit and still cancel ETF free.

The biggest thing is to be nice but prescient. Don't back down.

Thanks, I will. Normally I wouldn't hang up but she was raising her voice and my blood was starting to boil and my son was in the room. I will definitely try back tomorrow.

dayvedayve 01-18-2012 08:07 PM

I doubt 1/10 of customers actually read their bill other than amount due. And Im sure the majority of customers when asked know the exact amount of their Sprint bill. The answer is probably 160 something or 240 something for example. A change this small wont be noticed by many until too late. You can bet Sprint counts on that.
Only the few people that are on the web forums and tech sites regularly even know of this.