SprintUsers.com

SprintUsers.com (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sprint Discussion (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Second Line Discount is Considered ETF-waiving Event (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226939)

nathyrach 01-18-2012 01:11 PM

I did not ready all the posts above, but on our ED Shared Fam Plan, the NVP for lines 2+ were moved over one year ago. What's new now - I do not understand the OP?

variablebinary 01-18-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krayzie Joe (Post 2652710)
How long before they stop allowing cancellation without ETF like the last change they made?

Just called Sprint, and retentions confirmed the change to a new structure.

As follows:

Line 1: $110
Line 2: $19

It is a material change. $5 increase for me, but I probably won't port out because the data fees on Verizon and AT&T are horrible.

I'd be eating overage fees like crazy. On a low month I am at around 6gig on my line alone. Wife is additional 2gig or so. Clearly outside the realm of reason for ATT and Verizon.

If either offered an unlimited plan, or even a 4gig for $20 deal, I could probably get along.

makersforme 01-18-2012 01:14 PM

I just got done with a chat session and was told that my shared plan with 4 lines isn't affected. It is only for plans that had line 2 charged an amount.

rances L: As you are on a shared plan and with this plan, the second line has zero monthly charge, it will not impact your bill.
You: but the notice as indicated that the 2nd line will be charged as an add on phone
Frances L: It is applicable for the customers who have a plan in which the secondary line has a monthly charge. It is not applicable for you.

chillywilly 01-18-2012 01:14 PM

Ok, just got off the phone with Sprint CS rep on this issue. This is how it was explained to me:

- my ED1500 plan is unchanged due to the fact that I've not added a line to my account in the last 30 days. Once I add another line to my account anytime now, the ED1500 of $129.99 with the line 2 being $0 will change to the line 1 at $110 and line 2 at $19.99.

This was a change from earlier when it was thought to change the plan for everyone, but the ETF consideration that most people would fall under would be more detrimental to customers leaving and/or getting out of their ETF.

I have verified on my account that my plan is still the same $129.99 for both lines with no separation of billed charges. I will be checking this out once I get my bill at the end of the month to ensure it stays the same. Any changes, I'll be back on the phone again.

So for now, no lost discounts for me.

Anyone else fall under this scenario?

digiblur 01-18-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy
If only there was a way I could get out of contract with a single line.

Roam too much and I bet you will get a letter.

jayhuffdaddy 01-18-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digiblur (Post 2652719)
Roam too much and I bet you will get a letter.

Have thought about it.

WagonMafia05 01-18-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javidnky2005

Did they ask you to return your eq?

Nope.

Quote:

Originally Posted by variablebinary
Called Sprint to get clarification on the whole situation, not with the intention of canceling, but to see what the deal is.

If you currently on a 2 line family plan, the change should not apply to you because the 2nd line is a technically zero'ed out. See the highlighted text My bill looks like so:

Shared Plan
Everything Data - 1500 Shared Anytime Minutes Included $129.99
Employee Discount Sprint 27% -$35.10

LINE1
Premium Data add-on charge $10.00
Total Equipment Protection - $4 insurance premium & $4 service/repair $8.00

LINE2
Everything Data - 1500 Shared Anytime Minutes Included $0.00
Premium Data add-on charge $10.00
Total Equipment Protection - $4 insurance premium & $4 service/repair $8.00

Because the 2nd line is billed at a zero rate, there is no discount that applies to it, which would mean it is not a material change to the terms.

Provided your bill looks like mine, a person would have zero grounds for getting out of their contract.

Now come next month, if your bill is structured differently and the 2nd line is no longer zero'ed out, you would have every reason to freak out.

So according to you Sprint lied to me and let me out ETF free for no reason?

Sent from my iPhone using SU Forum

jayhuffdaddy 01-18-2012 01:31 PM

So no corporate discounts are changing on a single line letting us get out of contract?

WagonMafia05 01-18-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy
So no corporate discounts are changing on a single line then correct?

Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using SU Forum

He123321 01-18-2012 02:08 PM

Well I sat down with the wife and we took a look at our options, and we are staying put. We both average about 3gb of data a month, and Big Red, or Big Blue would be way to expensive for our needs.

Contacted my previous retentions rep, and took him up on the one time $80 offset credit. Our current contracts will remain the same with one year to go on each line.

slick69 01-18-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by variablebinary (Post 2652694)
Called Sprint to get clarification on the whole situation, not with the intention of canceling, but to see what the deal is.

If you currently on a 2 line family plan, the change should not apply to you because the 2nd line is a technically zero'ed out.

Because the 2nd line is billed at a zero rate, there is no discount that applies to it, which would mean it is not a material change to the terms.

Provided your bill looks like mine, a person would have zero grounds for getting out of their contract.

Anyway, like I posted in the other thread, I would try to get out sooner rather than later. Remember that last time they did start letting people out, but then stopped after a communication from their Legal department.

This "hole" might be plugged in a few days.

dlichterman 01-18-2012 04:54 PM

How about we not call each other liars?

slopokdave 01-18-2012 06:09 PM

Saw the change on my bill today. First rep says I am good to go, cancel all lines ETF free, after she spoke to her supervisor and said she would also be sending them an email. I told her we would port out, she says okay and they would take care of it.

Wife and I talked and decided we want new numbers, fresh start, so I go ahead and call them back. Guy says the complete opposite. Transfers me to his supervisor. Supervisor says that i would at least have to wait until the change takes place, Feb 1st. He says maybe they gave me an offer, if so, only they can do it and they would call me back. Now I wait.

P.S. I love the fact that the 1st rep asked me at the end of the call about resolving my issue, I could finally say YES as I don't call back and get a different answer..... haha

JeffDTD 01-18-2012 06:13 PM

Just had the etf waived on my 2nd line, no issue whatsoever

jazzman_joe 01-18-2012 06:16 PM

Question.

When does this change officially go into effect? Just wondering so I know when the 30 days starts and ends for me to get out of the ETF.

I just accepted a new job that gets corporate discounts with Verizon but I didn't start yet.

Thanks