SprintUsers.com

SprintUsers.com (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/index.php)
-   HTC (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   EVO Custom ROM's Thread (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209631)

Beer Abuser 11-25-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekarens

I always put the rom and kernel on the sd card. I boot into recovery using rom manager, but then I use RA to wipe and flash. I've always done this and this is the first rom that I've ever had any problems with flashing.

I should also say I think this rom is well worth the trouble I had. It's very slick!

Cool beans - it does look nice, I'll give it a spin this weekend :).

MikeV 11-25-2010 12:22 AM

Yay I rooted.

Why can't I figure out how to load a ROM now. Ugh.

Beer Abuser 11-25-2010 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV
Yay I rooted.

Why can't I figure out how to load a ROM now. Ugh.

Simple....

Download rom to main directory of sd card - make sure rom is for Evo & follow any additional steps needed on that thread.

Turn off phone, press & hold volume down + power button.

Now it will boot into recovery, go to nandroid, do a backup.

Now depending if you're running clockworks or ra recovery, wipe phone, then phone cache, then dalvik - look in all options until you have done all 3 - doing it twice is also a good idea.

Now click on install zip from sd card, now browse your sd, and select the rom.

Let it do its thing, and wait until it fully boots up - check out the link for a little more info - note: rom manager & clockworks is being used, same concept nevertheless...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/05...ackup-restore/

P.s. If the phone feels like its frozen, just give it extra time - don't panic, sometimes some rom take a while to boot up the first time. Videos on flashing roms are available on YouTube also :).

MikeV 11-25-2010 12:59 AM

Sweet. That I can do.

Same process to flash a kernel after that?

MikeV 11-25-2010 01:17 AM

Booyah. VirusRom. Thanks Beer Abuser, I'll have a Chimay Blue in your honor tomorrow..

Beer Abuser 11-25-2010 01:47 AM

No problem :).

tbakergobuck 11-25-2010 07:24 AM

Trying the Anthrax virus rom now and had a few issues with the web. Would like to change the bottom 3 home keys or whatever there called to icons but not sure how to do it. Tried the Airborne. I think I like the Christmas rom better though.

What is a good droid rom? I like color/red.

thekarens 11-25-2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck
Trying the Anthrax virus rom now and had a few issues with the web. Would like to change the bottom 3 home keys or whatever there called to icons but not sure how to do it. Tried the Airborne. I think I like the Christmas rom better though.

What is a good droid rom? I like color/red.

If you want to change the bottom keys on the home screen go into your app drawer. There's one called rosie setting with this rom. You can change it there.

badassdes 11-25-2010 08:25 AM

Hmm... I think I'm going to try the Virus ROM. What kernel you guys are using? Better battery life than Fresh 3.4.0.1 and King's #11?

tbakergobuck 11-25-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekarens (Post 2445982)
If you want to change the bottom keys on the home screen go into your app drawer. There's one called rosie setting with this rom. You can change it there.

I did that but how can I get the icon to show? I want the phone icon and Internet.

thekarens 11-25-2010 08:45 AM

I'm using Kings #11 with the Anthrax Virus Rom.

As far as the rosie settings go the icons themselves will not show, but those buttons will do the action that you change them to. If you want to totally change the look of the home screen you can use launcher pro or ADW or one of the other home replacement screens. I like the look of this one, so I'm sticking with it, but I may change wallpapers.

Shauli 11-25-2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV
Sweet. That I can do.

Same process to flash a kernel after that?

No. Flashing a kernel is easier. No factory reset. Only wipe cache and dalvik, flash and reboot!

badassdes 11-25-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekarens (Post 2445987)
I'm using Kings #11 with the Anthrax Virus Rom.

Ok, done. Sweet ROM! The only issue I'm having so far is with the market app... everytime I want to use it it keeps force closing.... :indiff:

And how's the battery with Kings #11... Do you think is better?

Shauli 11-25-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badassdes

Ok, done. Sweet ROM! The only issue I'm having so far is with the market app... everytime I want to use it it keeps force closing.... :indiff:

And how's the battery with Kings #11... Do you think is better?

For the Market app, try clearing its cache, force close it (under Manage Applications) and try using it again.

badassdes 11-25-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauli (Post 2446134)
For the Market app, try clearing its cache, force close it (under Manage Applications) and try using it again.

Thank you. I did your advice but it keeps force closing. I'm wondering if theKarens have this issue. According to the thread on xda, the developer is aware of some bugs that need to be fixed. I hope there's an update soon. I really like this ROM.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:46 AM.


- SprintUsers.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sprint PCS -