SprintUsers.com

SprintUsers.com (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/index.php)
-   HTC (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   EVO Custom ROM's Thread (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209631)

jpkboca 12-24-2010 11:57 AM

I must mention Angry birds data is a must :-) thanks :-)

fatboy 12-24-2010 11:58 AM

Im on the new myns beta 4.95

jpkboca 12-24-2010 12:13 PM

Never mind, I'm an idiot. got it :-)

Unfortunatly my backup for Angry birds was a few days old, but all is good.

Thanks for the help everyone. So far I like Cyanogen, but getting used to it.

MikeV 12-24-2010 01:08 PM

Virus 5.1 is out.

fatboy 12-24-2010 06:25 PM

myns is just heaven

boomhower 12-24-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV (Post 2457960)
Virus 5.1 is out.

Link to change log? Interested to see if it fixed the issues I was having with 5.0.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tool2269 (Post 2457785)
Wirelessly posted (My Evo: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1045 Safari/532.5)



When you first open titanium press the problems button to reinstall busybox

First thing I tried, no dice. I trashed that ROM before going any further, it had many issues.

unbreakableblue 12-24-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy (Post 2458045)
myns is just heaven

Amen, brother. Love myn and 4.95 is like icing on an already delicious cake. So good!

MikeV 12-24-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomhower (Post 2458055)
Link to change log? Interested to see if it fixed the issues I was having with 5.0. .

there isn't one yet. Dude is having issues with his web host and is in the process of changing, apparently.

Though, MikFroYo released an update today, too. May try that one.

VirusRom is the slickest looking ROM I've used so far though.

BrettW 12-24-2010 09:45 PM

Picked up a 2nd evo today couldnt pass up the $100 shack deal.

MAN it was a pain to root

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=829045 :-)

fatboy 12-24-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unbreakableblue (Post 2458076)
Amen, brother. Love myn and 4.95 is like icing on an already delicious cake. So good!

yeah for a nightly beta it seems pretty solid no issues here yet ;)

MikeV 12-24-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrettW (Post 2458083)
Picked up a 2nd evo today couldnt pass up the $100 shack deal.

MAN it was a pain to root

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=829045 :-)

You can't just run unrevoked on it?

tool2269 12-24-2010 10:50 PM

Wirelessly posted (My Evo: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; PC36100 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrettW (Post 2458083)
Picked up a 2nd evo today couldnt pass up the $100 shack deal.

MAN it was a pain to root

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=829045 :-)

You can't just run unrevoked on it?

Not if it has newer hboot

MikeV 12-24-2010 11:07 PM

How do you check that

MikeV 12-24-2010 11:21 PM

nevermind. tried unrevoked on the wife's evo and it's hboot 2.10

crap.

MikeV 12-25-2010 12:53 AM

got it rooted.

Beer Abuser 12-25-2010 01:07 AM

Sucks to see new phones are being sent with updated hboot, the new steps gave me a headache lol.

boomhower 12-25-2010 03:49 AM

Running myn's and websites aren't auto focusing. I read a lot of forums and on other ROMs I can double tap a field and it will zoom that field and correctly wrap the text on the screen. Myn's isn't going that, I am having to scroll and it's driving me crazy, ideas.

Norwester 12-25-2010 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV (Post 2458082)
there isn't one yet. Dude is having issues with his web host and is in the process of changing, apparently.

Though, MikFroYo released an update today, too. May try that one.

VirusRom is the slickest looking ROM I've used so far though.

The new site should be up in the next few days. Heavy traffic borked the last two. And Virus is promising changelogs. :rolleyes: We'll see...

Penny 12-25-2010 06:47 AM

Running VirusRom Desirez b3 with themes and sense add on and Loving it! People are using AB 5.1 with no issues or so I was told... I have to say that Virus really is up on fixing all issues with his roms very quick and he listens to what we would like to see in future Roms. IMHO Virus Roms are the best. I haven't used any other Rom since first trying VirusRom AB 3.1. Always like Christmas with VirusRoms...lol

Yeah the site should be back up soon. :headbang2

tbakergobuck 12-25-2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrettW (Post 2458083)
Picked up a 2nd evo today couldnt pass up the $100 shack deal.

MAN it was a pain to root

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=829045 :-)

Now I don't feel as bad. lol Let me know if a easier way comes out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV (Post 2458089)
You can't just run unrevoked on it?

Nope and if you do it can mess up the phone if you try a different way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer Abuser (Post 2458113)
Sucks to see new phones are being sent with updated hboot, the new steps gave me a headache lol.

I almost threw my SeXy White EvO out the window into the snow. lol

boomhower 12-25-2010 08:53 AM

Well I got tired of all the recent sense ROMs having one issue or another and went back to CM, loving it. First I have used it since the first RC. I was actually so frustrated I went with blind faith and downloaded straight to my phone at work and flahed it. I had forgot how snappy it is. Now to pick out a kernel.....

thekarens 12-25-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomhower (Post 2458146)
Well I got tired of all the recent sense ROMs having one issue or another and went back to CM, loving it. First I have used it since the first RC. I was actually so frustrated I went with blind faith and downloaded straight to my phone at work and flahed it. I had forgot how snappy it is. Now to pick out a kernel.....

Have you tried out the SBC kernel? Looks promising.

BrettW 12-25-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV (Post 2458089)
You can't just run unrevoked on it?

Well I dont like unrevoked all the borked wimax stuff from before had my weary but I tried and it failed (2.02hboot)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tool2269 (Post 2458094)
Wirelessly posted (My Evo: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; PC36100 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)



Not if it has newer hboot

I have 2.02 and it still failed lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck (Post 2458134)
Now I don't feel as bad. lol Let me know if a easier way comes out.

Nope and if you do it can mess up the phone if you try a different way.

I almost threw my SeXy White EvO out the window into the snow. lol

really those instructions long as they are if followed to the T took like 30 minutes to download and 10 minutes to root

tbakergobuck 12-25-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrettW (Post 2458161)
really those instructions long as they are if followed to the T took like 30 minutes to download and 10 minutes to root

Some of you guys on work on pc's which I would think would make things easier. When I rooted my first Evo it wasn't confusing like it is now. I think I catch on some things pretty quick but after messing up my phone for a day I just don't really want to take the risk. I'll wait til after the Holiday and maybe try it again. **** I would pay someone locally to do it. lol

Duffman 12-25-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck (Post 2458134)
Now I don't feel as bad. lol Let me know if a easier way comes out.

The updated instructions worked almost perfectly and I have Hardware 2004,HBoot 2.1, 3.70 and radio 2.15 (basically all the parts that caused one issue or another). The only problem I had was on the final reboot. It hung. I just booted into Recovery and it loaded the ROM again completely. Some parts did not load the first time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penny (Post 2458130)
Running VirusRom Desirez b3 with themes and sense add on and Loving it! People are using AB 5.1 with no issues or so I was told... I have to say that Virus really is up on fixing all issues with his roms very quick and he listens to what we would like to see in future Roms. IMHO Virus Roms are the best.

Is anything broken with the Virus ROMs? Camera, 4G, etc all work?

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomhower (Post 2458146)
Well I got tired of all the recent sense ROMs having one issue or another and went back to CM, loving it.

Have you tried Fresh? Works perfectly. Nothing broken. From my understanding, 4G does not work on CM. I ran CM on my Hero and loved it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomhower (Post 2458146)
Now to pick out a kernel.....

Every kernel I have tried other than the official HTC kernel has one issue or another. They all have some neat feature, but then they come with some downside. I am waiting for HTC to release the source code so that Fresh and the others can check it out.


Quote:

Originally Posted by BrettW (Post 2458161)
really those instructions long as they are if followed to the T took like 30 minutes to download and 10 minutes to root

Yup. In the future, I will just wait a week or two from the original post for the kinks to be worked out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekarens (Post 2458149)
Have you tried out the SBC kernel? Looks promising.

I tried it. Camera did not work properly though others claim it does. I tried a few of the versions without luck. And to be honest, though it trickle charges I would like to see if it really improves battery life or not. The posts indicated mixed results.

BrettW 12-25-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck (Post 2458179)
Some of you guys on work on pc's which I would think would make things easier. When I rooted my first Evo it wasn't confusing like it is now. I think I catch on some things pretty quick but after messing up my phone for a day I just don't really want to take the risk. I'll wait til after the Holiday and maybe try it again. **** I would pay someone locally to do it. lol

actually I had to deviate from the instructions I was doing it on a mac lol

the primary change was just adding a ./ in front of every adb command lol

Noodle 12-25-2010 12:54 PM

Grrrr, my new evo has banding issues on the screen (like the bb tour) when I press on the home or search buttons.

I don't have to hit the home button much because it force closes in myk froyo

Norwester 12-25-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuffMan (Post 2458181)
The updated instructions snip


Is anything broken with the Virus ROMs? Camera, 4G, etc all work?

Everything works on the Airbourne/Anthrax series but the Desire/HD ports are missing 4G.

Duffman 12-25-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwester (Post 2458205)
Everything works on the Airbourne/Anthrax series but the Desire/HD ports are missing 4G.

Thanks. I will give it a spin provided it does not screw up my Wimax RSA keys.

boomhower 12-25-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuffMan (Post 2458181)
Have you tried Fresh? Works perfectly. Nothing broken. From my understanding, 4G does not work on CM. I ran CM on my Hero and loved it.


Every kernel I have tried other than the official HTC kernel has one issue or another. They all have some neat feature, but then they come with some downside. I am waiting for HTC to release the source code so that Fresh and the others can check it out.

Yeah, I have ran Fresh. I actually ran it for a couple months and agree, it worked very well. I just got bored with it and wanted to try something else.

Kernels are one thing i haven't had issues with. Usually I only go for the big ones that are known to work well. I'll look at the mentioned SBC but have used snap in the past with success.

thekarens 12-25-2010 06:39 PM

Hey Boom, if you're wary of SBC you can also use Zendroid. I've used it with pretty good results.

I've decided not to run CM until 7 is out or they bring back the nightlies so I can take some time trying out roms I've wanted to check out. I'm highly interested in Liquid Rush, but it's just too "alpha" for me right now. I decided to flash MIUI. It's got some nice options, but may be a little too iphonish for me. Haven't decided if I'll use the zendroid or sbc kernel with it.

fatboy 12-25-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle (Post 2458199)
Grrrr, my new evo has banding issues on the screen (like the bb tour) when I press on the home or search buttons.

I don't have to hit the home button much because it force closes in myk froyo

yeah that mikfroyo was junk the home button crashed sense and the pinch screen thing didnt work :td:

Diana Prince 12-25-2010 10:45 PM

I flashed Fresh to my brother's EVO today. He is in love. He loves the Fresh Updater. I'm still using CM and enjoying the customizations. I haven't really had any "bad" experiences with too many ROMs. Calkulin's was the only one that gave my EVO the shakes. I enjoyed MikFroyo, just got tired of that cold steel look. I guess I'll eventually make my way around to all of them.

Shauli 12-25-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy

yeah that mikfroyo was junk the home button crashed sense and the pinch screen thing didnt work :td:

He had a fix for it pretty quickly. And now he updated to version 4.1 which has all the bugs fixed.
The awesomeness of MikFroYo is in the speed and smoothness of all transitions. What he did basically was go through resources.jar and framework-res.apk and all system apps, and he took out all files related to languages other than English and Spanish. Apparently that makes a world of a difference! And he is planning soon on having an English only version, to reach maximum performance.
The other awesome thing about MikFroYo is that he incorporated basically every mod out there into his ROM.
Right now his 4.0 and 4.1 ROMs have a stock look. But he is working on themes, similar to what he had with 3.2 and 3.25.
The other thing he will be adding soon is a variety of transition animations. They are really cool!
Bottom line is, Mik is a very dedicated dev who takes pride in his work, and I would recommend to anyone to at least give his ROM a shot.

boomhower 12-26-2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauli (Post 2458389)
He had a fix for it pretty quickly. And now he updated to version 4.1 which has all the bugs fixed.
The awesomeness of MikFroYo is in the speed and smoothness of all transitions. What he did basically was go through resources.jar and framework-res.apk and all system apps, and he took out all files related to languages other than English and Spanish. Apparently that makes a world of a difference! And he is planning soon on having an English only version, to reach maximum performance.
The other awesome thing about MikFroYo is that he incorporated basically every mod out there into his ROM.
Right now his 4.0 and 4.1 ROMs have a stock look. But he is working on themes, similar to what he had with 3.2 and 3.25.
The other thing he will be adding soon is a variety of transition animations. They are really cool!
Bottom line is, Mik is a very dedicated dev who takes pride in his work, and I would recommend to anyone to at least give his ROM a shot.

You guys are killing me..... Off to nandroid CM and give a shot. What kernal plays nice with Mike's? Since this seems modified more than most it makes me wonder a bit more about kernels not having issues.

Shauli 12-26-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomhower

You guys are killing me..... Off to nandroid CM and give a shot. What kernal plays nice with Mike's? Since this seems modified more than most it makes me wonder a bit more about kernels not having issues.

I'm not sure. I know he used King's BFS # 11 with his 3.x series. It was pretty smooth, and battery life was phenomenal. With his 4.x ROM he's using HTC's kernel by default. But right now all the rage is the SBC kernels, which allow your phone to trickle charge when it reaches %100. They're based on Netarchy's kernels. You got to experiment to see what works best for your phone, as every phone is different.

Diana Prince 12-26-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauli (Post 2458389)
He had a fix for it pretty quickly. And now he updated to version 4.1 which has all the bugs fixed.
The awesomeness of MikFroYo is in the speed and smoothness of all transitions. What he did basically was go through resources.jar and framework-res.apk and all system apps, and he took out all files related to languages other than English and Spanish. Apparently that makes a world of a difference! And he is planning soon on having an English only version, to reach maximum performance.
The other awesome thing about MikFroYo is that he incorporated basically every mod out there into his ROM.
Right now his 4.0 and 4.1 ROMs have a stock look. But he is working on themes, similar to what he had with 3.2 and 3.25.
The other thing he will be adding soon is a variety of transition animations. They are really cool!
Bottom line is, Mik is a very dedicated dev who takes pride in his work, and I would recommend to anyone to at least give his ROM a shot.

I truly agree with this. This guy is quite dedicated to his ROM.

Shauli? Where are you finding the 4.0 and 4.1 ROMs? I usually check the PPCGeeks ROM List for updates, but I didn't see it there. Thanks in advance.

MikeV 12-26-2010 10:59 AM

Damn, well. that convinced me. I was gonna flash MikFroYo anyway, but now that 4.1 is out I'll do it right now :)

boomhower 12-26-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauli (Post 2458453)
I'm not sure. I know he used King's BFS # 11 with his 3.x series. It was pretty smooth, and battery life was phenomenal. With his 4.x ROM he's using HTC's kernel by default. But right now all the rage is the SBC kernels, which allow your phone to trickle charge when it reaches %100. They're based on Netarchy's kernels. You got to experiment to see what works best for your phone, as every phone is different.

I installed SBC, we'll see how it goes.

Shauli 12-26-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana Prince

I truly agree with this. This guy is quite dedicated to his ROM.

Shauli? Where are you finding the 4.0 and 4.1 ROMs? I usually check the PPCGeeks ROM List for updates, but I didn't see it there. Thanks in advance.

He opened a separate thread at XDA for his 4.x ROM. Look for it in the EVO development forum.

Duffman 12-26-2010 12:28 PM

Sporting the MikFroyo now. So far so good. Had to reset a couple of ##DATA settings again to resolve the streaming music issue.

Noodle 12-26-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomhower (Post 2458433)
You guys are killing me..... Off to nandroid CM and give a shot. What kernal plays nice with Mike's? Since this seems modified more than most it makes me wonder a bit more about kernels not having issues.

I'm running the trickle charge kernal tool was talking about earlier and it works fine with MikFroyo

Duffman 12-26-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle (Post 2458497)
I'm running the trickle charge kernal tool was talking about earlier and it works fine with MikFroyo

Which one are you using?

unbreakableblue 12-26-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomhower (Post 2458121)
Running myn's and websites aren't auto focusing. I read a lot of forums and on other ROMs I can double tap a field and it will zoom that field and correctly wrap the text on the screen. Myn's isn't going that, I am having to scroll and it's driving me crazy, ideas.


Not sure if you're still running myn's rom or not, but he removed that feature from his browser. In the first 3 posts I think there's an earlier version of his browser that does have the auto focus. Not refocusing was a 'feature' lol. Hope that helps.

boomhower 12-26-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unbreakableblue (Post 2458524)
Not sure if you're still running myn's rom or not, but he removed that feature from his browser. In the first 3 posts I think there's an earlier version of his browser that does have the auto focus. Not refocusing was a 'feature' lol. Hope that helps.

I'm not. That "feature" was pretty much the sole reason I left the ROM. I read way to much online to be scrolling like crazy.

Noodle 12-26-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuffMan
Which one are you using?

SBC 4.1.9.1 v5

I'm 14 hours since unplugged and just hit 50% remaining

Duffman 12-26-2010 05:47 PM

I loaded 4.2.2. However, Sense if FCing on me even before 4.2.2. Not sure about MikFroyo yet.

fatboy 12-26-2010 07:13 PM

im now running the SBC-bcnice-stable-v8 kernel btw it DOES work on sense roms

MsRandall 12-26-2010 08:13 PM

Just got MikFroYo set up.....So far so good

MikeV 12-26-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsRandall (Post 2458646)
Just got MikFroYo set up.....So far so good

Me too.

Though, I'm finding that I'm generally more of a fan of the non-Sense ROMs.

KB112 12-26-2010 11:07 PM

MikFroYo is nice and it gave me the fastest quadrant scores. Not that I test those things too often. But I did like parts of his ROM and other parts weren't for me. Myns 2.2 has been my favorite thus far.

MsRandall 12-27-2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV (Post 2458651)
Me too.

Though, I'm finding that I'm generally more of a fan of the non-Sense ROMs.

I am looking to improve my battery life...

Noodle 12-27-2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsRandall (Post 2458750)
I am looking to improve my battery life...

Try running one of the SBC kernals MsRandall

MsRandall 12-27-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle (Post 2458752)
Try running one of the SBC kernals MsRandall

Thanks Noodle ...flashing now

boomhower 12-27-2010 08:26 AM

OK guys, SBC is the cats meow. I have to do some more complete usage testing today but the standby time is out of this world. I installed it and SetCPU with my usual settings last night. I took my notebook to the bedroom with unplugged my phone. I forgot to plug my phone back in before I went to bed. Got up today, got some coffee, cursed myself for not plugging it in. Picked it up, 92% charge and 12hrs 40min of being unplugged!!! I'm working later today and will get some better actual use time out of it but since I am so hard on my battery it likely won't be much different than anything else, it will be dead in half a day.(3G streaming in plus Bluetooth streaming out tends to burn it out with the quickness.)

Noodle 12-27-2010 09:01 AM

If you guys are having trouble rooting here is my recommendation.

for lower than hBoot 2.02 (ie: 0.97 or lower)

check out this post (large zip 425MB with all the files you need but works great)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...79&postcount=2

if you have issues with the PC36IMG portion not reading correctly just try redownloading it from one of the mirrors listed in the post.

For 2.02 and up it has been posted earlier but this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=829045

is a good one and just make sure you copy and paste the commands.

Another thing I noticed is if you are like me and don't want to run into (possible) trouble down the road by using unrevoked in your root process you can just skip step 12 and reboot your phone.

Keep an eye on the 12a, 12b, or 12c portions.

The reason I say you can skip the unrevoked forever part is because as far as I can tell up to that point you are already fully rooted and the unrevoked forever is just an extra step that while lots of people seem to like it, I personally still don't trust their releases.

Anyway as long as you don't skip steps and don't move forward on steps if you have any errors, just take your time and you should be fine.

If for some reason you think you are stuck and want to start over I recommend having a PC36IMG file from a stock RUU of the original firmware you had on your phone before this process on hand or the RUU. (ie: you have 3.29 on your phone before starting the root process you want to have 3.29 RUU from shippedroms or search xda for a PC36IMG of 3.29 firmware, etc)

tool2269 12-27-2010 09:22 AM

Noodle...it's about time you started contributing around here again. :clap:

Noodle 12-27-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tool2269 (Post 2458788)
Noodle...it's about time you started contributing around here again. :clap:

I know, lol

fatboy 12-27-2010 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle

I know, lol

Which sbc are you running?
I'm trying this one today

Duffman 12-27-2010 02:06 PM

Not happy with the MikFroyo. Not noticeably faster than Fresh and had issues with widgets not showing up on screen, FCs and other annoyances. It could be user error but I did do a factory wipe (as well as caches). Twice. Fresh is more stable.

MikeV 12-27-2010 02:12 PM

I'm on MikFroYo 4.1 now, but I think I am going to go find something that doesn't have Sense.

Recommendations? I had VirusRom 5 for awhile and it was pretty cool.

Beer Abuser 12-27-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB112
MikFroYo is nice and it gave me the fastest quadrant scores. Not that I test those things too often. But I did like parts of his ROM and other parts weren't for me. Myns 2.2 has been my favorite thus far.

Both of those on my to do list :lol:

Beer Abuser 12-27-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV
I'm on MikFroYo 4.1 now, but I think I am going to go find something that doesn't have Sense.

Recommendations? I had VirusRom 5 for awhile and it was pretty cool.

CM if you haven't yet...:)

fatboy 12-27-2010 04:44 PM

Myns ftw

MikeV 12-27-2010 05:45 PM

Ok, gonna try out CM 6.1.1

Noodle 12-27-2010 05:49 PM

Does myn have a version out yet based on 3.70?

@fatboy I'm using the sbc 4.1.9.1 netarchy hvas #4

MikeV 12-27-2010 06:06 PM

CM 6.1.1 flashed.

I feel like I'm going to have to mod the ish out of this to get it like I like it :laughing

Maybe Virus 5 is the ROM for me after all

unbreakableblue 12-27-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle (Post 2459035)
Does myn have a version out yet based on 3.70?

@fatboy I'm using the sbc 4.1.9.1 netarchy hvas #4


Myn's 3.70 based version is still in beta so it has only been released to the donors and so forth. It's pretty flawless though, so it should be out before too long.

KB112 12-28-2010 12:11 AM

<--- is patiently awaiting Myns new release. I think I am a Mynion now. lol
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PZ5CL8gE2d...picable+Me.jpg

MikeV 12-28-2010 12:16 AM

Back to Virus 5.1 for me.

thekarens 12-28-2010 05:55 AM

I'm starting to warm up to MIUI. It has some very slick features and it's quick and smooth.

What I like:
MIUI comes with Theme Manager, there's a zillion themes for this rom and you can just flip from theme to theme with the included theme manager. Right now I'm using a very nice BUUF theme.
MIUI back up, it also comes with this app and works extremely well.
Pull down menu, the pull down menu is slick and has a scrolling settings menu.
Developer support, there's a whole team working on this rom like CM so there are updates very regularly.

What I don't like:
There is no app drawer and I'm not a fan of that.
Battery Icon

CM is still my favorite, but I can see this being my second favorite.

Beer Abuser 12-28-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb112
<--- is patiently awaiting myns new release. I think i am a mynion now. Lol

lol!

MikeV 12-28-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekarens (Post 2459202)
CM is still my favorite, but I can see this being my second favorite.

I tried CM yesterday and made it about... 15 minutes :laughing:

It was very strange the way that it was laid out, with icons kinda thrown around all over different screens.

Titanium didn't work restoring my SMS/MMS on it, either. I flashed back to Virus 5.1 and it restored just fine.

Strange :shrug:

BrettW 12-28-2010 06:15 PM

hmm curious... anytime I flash either the standard netarchy or SBC kernels my supposed v003 (new) evo's camera stops working hmmmm.... and the standard HTC kernel sucks up battery so this is really lame.

fatboy 12-28-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle (Post 2459035)
Does myn have a version out yet based on 3.70?

@fatboy I'm using the sbc 4.1.9.1 netarchy hvas #4

yes but its a beta donor only release atm ....... Release 5 should go public soon :tu:

unbreakableblue 12-28-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrettW (Post 2459484)
hmm curious... anytime I flash either the standard netarchy or SBC kernels my supposed v003 (new) evo's camera stops working hmmmm.... and the standard HTC kernel sucks up battery so this is really lame.


Yeah, this is apparently a known issue. Hopefully they'll get it fixed sooner than later

BrettW 12-28-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unbreakableblue (Post 2459510)
Yeah, this is apparently a known issue. Hopefully they'll get it fixed sooner than later

glad its known..

any idea on where i can find a stock kernel to restore to so i dont have to wipe again...? (yes i didnt backup shame on me :-( )

BrettW 12-28-2010 07:06 PM

nvm i found it, in the virusmrom thread of all places lol!

th3taman 12-28-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV

I tried CM yesterday and made it about... 15 minutes :laughing:

It was very strange the way that it was laid out, with icons kinda thrown around all over different screens.

Titanium didn't work restoring my SMS/MMS on it, either. I flashed back to Virus 5.1 and it restored just fine.

Strange :shrug:

How is that strange? You can move, change, add, and delete things. I don't think you grasped the intent of CM? :scratch:

jpkboca 12-28-2010 07:38 PM

I like CM, but it's rebooted on me 3 times when the phone was just idle sitting on the table, not a big fan of that :-) Other then that love the speed and look. I kinda am thinkign battery life is a little worse then stock, but I can't prove it for sure.

MikeV 12-28-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2459529)
How is that strange? You can move, change, add, and delete things. I don't think you grasped the intent of CM? :scratch:

I get the "intent" of CM just fine, thanks. It simply feels very unpolished and raw to me, which is fine. I prefer Virus, that's all. :tu:

boomhower 12-28-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV (Post 2459560)
I get the "intent" of CM just fine, thanks. It simply feels very unpolished and raw to me, which is fine. I prefer Virus, that's all. :tu:

That's stock Android and the intent of CM. The point of Sense is to remove that rawness and add polish. Stock Android is not a polished or smooth OS by any stretch of the imagination. 3.0 is supposed to bring a drastic and needed UI overhaul.

MikeV 12-28-2010 11:03 PM

Virus is not a Sense ROM :)

thekarens 12-29-2010 09:15 AM

That's what I like about CM. It's a blank slate with some very cool features to set it up just like you want it. There are some very slick roms such as Myns, but they don't have the customization the way CM does.

Virus isn't AOSP is it? If it's not, it's Sense because those are the only two options. I liked Virus as well, but had too many issues for me.

tool2269 12-29-2010 08:32 PM

Wirelessly posted (My Evo: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; PC36100 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle

I know, lol

Which sbc are you running?
I'm trying this one today

Using this kernel today I got 10 hours of usual usage and only went down 40%

MikeV 12-29-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekarens (Post 2459670)
That's what I like about CM. It's a blank slate with some very cool features to set it up just like you want it. There are some very slick roms such as Myns, but they don't have the customization the way CM does.

Virus isn't AOSP is it? If it's not, it's Sense because those are the only two options. I liked Virus as well, but had too many issues for me.

Virus doesn't have sense, but there is a flashable zip you can D/L to add sense to it.

Noodle 12-30-2010 01:32 AM

so I'm running myns with the latest SBC kernal. I really dig myns except for one huge issue.

the latest nightly you can't see any sort of text on pop up menus. for instance when I add the SetCPU widget and go to change the refresh interval I can see the radio buttons for all the settings but don't see any text.

I'm sure all it is is a text color issue but that should be something that isn't overlooked when you have a rom this heavily themed.

It isn't just in this menu but when I go to my mail inboxes and select to try and switch between them. Same thing no text.

Really annoying.

Noodle 12-30-2010 02:31 PM

Myns 12/30 nightly fixed the menu issue.

I just hate switching roms because I always have to re-install Mobile Defense since it is set as a system process.

MikeV 12-30-2010 02:43 PM

Woot. New VirusROM to play with!

Diana Prince 12-30-2010 02:50 PM

Has anyone here flashed Calkulin's format all zip when flashing a new ROM? It's suppose to partition all the caches and help you skip a step. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with it.

MattWeed9 12-30-2010 08:30 PM

Okay so I followed the steps exactly like I was suppose to from a XDA post Noodles posted. I am at this part

Quote:

12C) Ok so the phone is stuck at a white htc screen. Power the phone off by pulling the battery. Then repower the phone on pressing power and vol-down at the same time. It should take you into the bootloader and scan your card and find the PC36IMG.zip chose yes to flash this file and when it ask you to reboot....reboot by pressing vol-up....Proceed to step 13
But it never seems to ask me to flash it. It scans and then just sits on the options screen.... Anyone have any ideas?

Beer Abuser 12-30-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9
Okay so I followed the steps exactly like I was suppose to from a XDA post Noodles posted. I am at this part

But it never seems to ask me to flash it. It scans and then just sits on the options screen.... Anyone have any ideas?

Assuming you're in recovery mode, go / browse thru the options to the section of update from zip, then browse thru your sd, select the file and hit select, then yes.

BUT! Before I get this wrong, someone should verify my steps, since I haven't gone thru those steps in that thread, but it is what I did months ago...

MattWeed9 12-30-2010 09:26 PM

Here is a link to the process
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=829045

everything was beautiful untill 12c. When it loads after pulling the battery and rebooting into bootloader, it never flashed anything, or even asked me. It just scans and then sits on the boot loader screen. Rebooting with out going into bootloader leaves me sitting on the white HTC Evo screen. It say's S-off and hboot 2.10 now on the bootloader. I've only rooted two other phones and never ran into any issues when following step by step. This has me sweating bullets lol.

tool2269 12-30-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9 (Post 2460632)
Here is a link to the process
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=829045

everything was beautiful untill 12c. When it loads after pulling the battery and rebooting into bootloader, it never flashed anything, or even asked me. It just scans and then sits on the boot loader screen. Rebooting with out going into bootloader leaves me sitting on the white HTC Evo screen. It say's S-off and hboot 2.10 now on the bootloader. I've only rooted two other phones and never ran into any issues when following step by step. This has me sweating bullets lol.

if you have the PC36IMG.zip file on the ROOT of your SD card, it should read it and i believe ask you if you want to update...thats where you choose 'yes'.. if its just scanning and going back to bootloader, its not seeing any PC36IMG.zip file on your sd card.

MattWeed9 12-30-2010 09:57 PM

Yeah it's on there, I had to rename two files on the SD. Renaming one to PC36IMG.zip. I will look at it some more tomorrow, tired and don't want to brick my phone.

Thanks for the help and anymore info would be great.

tool2269 12-30-2010 10:00 PM

by then unrevoked for 2.10 might be out, and maybe easier. then again, good luck troubleshooting their stuff.

tbakergobuck 12-30-2010 10:15 PM

Yea it unrevoked beta was easy. I'm so glad to be rooted again. Now I just need to find a Rom. lol

MattWeed9 12-31-2010 07:34 AM

So I did booty loads of reading this morning and found out that it was just because when I renamed the file, windows didn't change the extension. So it ended up being named PC36IMG.zip.zip. Once I check it out and changed the folder options then popped my card back in my phone, what do ya know it worked lol. I was beginning to think I was screwed.

tool2269 12-31-2010 07:46 AM

Wirelessly posted (My Evo: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; PC36100 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9
So I did booty loads of reading this morning and found out that it was just because when I renamed the file, windows didn't change the extension. So it ended up being named PC36IMG.zip.zip. Once I check it out and changed the folder options then popped my card back in my phone, what do ya know it worked lol. I was beginning to think I was screwed.

User error Jk
All rooted?

MattWeed9 12-31-2010 08:14 AM

Yeah, it worked fine other then my little mistake. Really not that hard and if I hadn't mess up with the .zip.zip, would of only taken about 15 minutes. I seem to be rooted. It asked me for superuser right when installing a few apps.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:34 AM.


- SprintUsers.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sprint PCS -