SprintUsers.com

SprintUsers.com (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Total Equipment Protection (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   TEP Open Enrollment returns in March (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202904)

bruinhoo 02-22-2010 06:35 PM

TEP Open Enrollment returns in March

I just noticed this while looking at the PDF copy of this month's bill, under News and Notices.

Quote:

Open Enrollment: Total Equipment
Protection (TEP)
GREAT NEWS! From March 1-31, you can sign
up for TEP to cover your device. If your device
malfunctions or is lost, stolen, or damaged, you immediately.
are covered from costly repairs or replacement.
Don't miss this great opportunity! Sign up today at
sprint.com/protection or call 800-584-3666.
If anyone is reconsidering their lack of TEP on their account, this will give you another shot.

ahfrederick 02-22-2010 06:48 PM

Very nice! I've always had TEP on both lines. Great info! Thanks! :tu:

fastzipperus 02-23-2010 12:37 AM

Can anyone else confirm this? It does not show up on my feb bill?

fastzipperus 02-26-2010 12:48 AM

So I'm guessing this might only be for select subscribers who have never had TEP in the first place, if no one else can confirm seeing it too.

KB112 02-26-2010 10:44 AM

Saw it when I logged on the other day?

Levi4u 02-28-2010 04:48 PM

It is available to everybody, No matter how long you have had your phone.

BASHBRO 03-01-2010 09:43 AM

TEP Open Enrollment - March 2010

This may have been mentioned already, Just giving a heads up since its March 1st.

Open Enrollment will be honored for customers who sign up for TEP from 3/1/10 - 3/31/10. All customers not currently enrolled in TEP are eligible and all ERP-only and ESRP-only customers are eligible to upgrade to TEP during this open enrollment.

michaelvanle 03-01-2010 09:51 AM

What's ERP-only? So if let's say I have my phone already for a year, I can suddenly add insurance to it?

BASHBRO 03-01-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelvanle (Post 2296961)
What's ERP-only? So if let's say I have my phone already for a year, I can suddenly add insurance to it?

ERP replaces the device if it is lost, stolen, physically or liquid damaged, including fire or lightning damage by filing a claim. ESRP repairs or replaces for failure from normal wear and tear, mechanical or electrical problems, and routine phone maintenance, in a Sprint Phone Repair Center. TEP combines ERP and ESRP.

Yes, You can add TEP as long as its through 3/1/10 - 3/31/10.

AllTeedUp 03-01-2010 11:39 AM

How long do you have to wait to use ESRP once you sign up for it?

olddog 03-01-2010 12:51 PM

I got that email today also. Didnt notice what kind of insurance it said it was, but it said it was open enrollment for March and it costs $7, so I'm assuming it's the full insurance.

Fooster7 03-01-2010 02:41 PM

I signed up today as well. I promptly got an e-mail from Sprint saying they need to contact me, and will do so within 24 hours. Probably checking to make sure the phone is still in existance and is in working condition.

Roni at Sprint 03-01-2010 03:05 PM

Yes, the cost for TEP (Total Equipment Protection) is $7 per month, per line of service - the full coverage. To be eligible in the TEP open enrollment, your device must be in working order and in your possession.

If anyone wants more information about TEP or the complete enrollment rules visit, www.sprint.com/protection.

Roni

VisionsDivine 03-01-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllTeedUp (Post 2297001)
How long do you have to wait to use ESRP once you sign up for it?

You can use it immediately. The official policy is that your phone must have been activated on the line for at least 30 days (this supposedly helps combat fraud), but I've ESN swapped a phone and gotten repairs / made claims on it within the hour. It all really depends on what the repair center is willing to slide on.

IsLNdbOi 03-01-2010 05:30 PM

I got the email for this today. I logged in, went into the section where you can add / remove "Plan Add-ons", unchecked the $4.00 ESRP and checked the $7.00 TEP, which says "Total Equipment Protection Open enroll for March only" next to it.

It was that simple.