SprintUsers.com

SprintUsers.com (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Android (Google) Based Phones (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Sprint says Supersonic to appear before summer (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202764)

Netmag 02-18-2010 10:52 PM

Sprint says Supersonic to appear before summer

I saw this link mentioned on the other Sprint forum. Sprint tells Forbes the SS will be out by the summer.

http://blogs.forbes.com/velocity/201...nch-by-summer/

So I guess that clears up any doubt that this particular phone exists and will be out well before the end of the year. Now I hope they also mention something about some kind of HTC Desire type of phone too.

da.bell 02-18-2010 11:09 PM

Thanks for the link.

Quote:

Sprint tells Forbes its first 4G handset will launch in the first half of 2010--a few months earlier than many expected.
The funny thing is that I was expecting it in March/April timefram :rolleyes: :lol:

KAT 02-18-2010 11:18 PM

Good to hear! I wonder how many people ready ditch Sprint will be second guessing themselves now lol. We can only wonder what kind of 4g devices will follow.

Netmag 02-18-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da.bell (Post 2293440)
Thanks for the link.

The funny thing is that I was expecting it in March/April timefram :rolleyes: :lol:

I doubt that Sprint would release it before Hess speaks at CTIA at the end of March. But theoretically, it could be any time after that. Really, Sprint just said "1st half of 2010" so assuming it would be after CTIA then that could be anytime between April and July.

KAT 02-18-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netmag (Post 2293447)
I doubt that Sprint would release it before Hess speaks at CTIA at the end of March. But theoretically, it could be any time after that. Really, Sprint just said "1st half of 2010" so assuming it would be after CTIA then that could be anytime between April and July.

Well with Sprints record wouldn't that mean July 31st lol.

mbell75 02-18-2010 11:52 PM

...and so many people thought Sprint was getting left behind :laughing: With a phone like the Supersonic and 4G up and running by summer, they will be well ahead of everyone else. Time to start saving your pennies!

CallDon 02-19-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da.bell (Post 2293440)

My contract has already been up since December. I hope this is worth waiting for.:irked:

SawThoseHornsOff 02-19-2010 12:30 AM

after 3 years working with sprint, and disappointment upon disappointment of launches (instinct, pre, arguably hero), I hope this device finally takes aim at the iphone and gives the device a real competitor. the iphone hardware is still second to none, although I would suggest the network is inferior...If it's what everyone is saying it's going to be, and 4g's bandwidth can sustain the device, then I may just jump the RIM ship and grab one of the SS.

one_hoop 02-19-2010 12:48 AM

Any word on whether it will be the same everything plans or have a 4g data surcharge / special rate plans? I am not in a 4g area... And I'd prefer not to pay any more than I have to pay. ;)

CallDon 02-19-2010 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_hoop (Post 2293473)
Any word on whether it will be the same everything plans or have a 4g data surcharge / special rate plans? I am not in a 4g area... And I'd prefer not to pay any more than I have to pay. ;)

I don't even care if it is 4g or not. I already have tried Clear wimax and it still is not that great. I just like the phone. It will be awhile before 4g is ready for real use. It isn't now.

SawThoseHornsOff 02-19-2010 01:48 AM

the rate plans won't change, but it will most definitely require an everything data plan

Mike-G 02-19-2010 01:53 AM

Maybe it is just me, but I see no mention of the Supersonic in that article?

0dB 02-19-2010 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike-G (Post 2293481)
Maybe it is just me, but I see no mention of the Supersonic in that article?

True!!! They did say it would be made by HTC though so it's gotta be the SS. I must say, that I will be very pleased with Sprint if this device is released in June. Fact is they are behind, way behind. They need to start doing everything they can to catch up and a 4G handset is something NO other carrier will be able to offer anytime soon. I wouldn't expect iSheep like sales numbers but Sprint just needs to stop the bleeding and reverse direction. This would be great.

boomhower 02-19-2010 04:00 AM

I would also imagine it's the SS,. Nothing else has so much as been rumored. My upgrade is due in August and this looks like a mighty fine replacement.

wkj 02-19-2010 07:30 AM

Yea! I just got a Blackberry (my first BB experience) to hold me over till something worthy was announced.....and I still have my upgrade for use.

:headbang2

I thought i read that WiMax was out in Orlando, FL. True? If so, how far would that strech.....I'm about 20 miles south.

wkj