SprintUsers.com

SprintUsers.com (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile (6.x and earlier) (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Some Essential cabs for your diamond/pro! (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177659)

huynhc 11-22-2008 09:44 PM

Some Essential cabs for your diamond/pro!

I thought since people keep coming on asking for various things, I would make one zip with what I would think are my essential cabs.

It includes:

1. 4 columns -- makes programs list into four columns instead of three (windows program list NOT touchflo3d)

2. Advanced configuration tool v 3.3 -- makes various edits of the phone. you gotta play around with the program and read what each edit does.

3. apptodate -- updates various programs you install on your phone

4. diamond tweak 0.5.3 -- *read advanced configuration tool description

5. Diamond tf3d config -- edits touchflo3d so you can tweak certain options, themes, etc.

6. finixnoverbattery -- install sdkcerts first then install this to give your battery meter in the top right percentages in multiples of 10% instead of just four tick bars.

7. htorch 3.1 -- install to make use of touch pro's flash so you can have a flashlight. great for getting around at night in the house! :tu:

8. juggalo xs notification -- makes the greyed out boxes in the settings for your notifications checkable so you can have the flashing lights (in the circle) for missed calls, emails, texts run anywhere from 5 minutes until you answer it.

9. NETCF 3.5 -- basically a MS thing so you can run certain programs (i suggest you install this first)

10. rondol manilla calculator -- converts the calculator to look more like the HTC dialer (gets rid of the FUGLY OEM calculator).

11. skyfire -- if you have to ask then you don't deserve this phone =P

12. enjoy and please PM me me or reply in the thread if you need help. I am sure I or anyone of the knowledgeable peeps here can help you out.

Click Here to Download

PSI Racing 11-23-2008 02:30 AM

Thanks for the files.
I had one problem with the rondol manila calculator.
I installed to see how it looks.
When I uninstalled it, it wouldn't let me use the calculator anymore.
As if it deleted the stock calculator instead of just removing the new one.
Any ideas?

88jr 11-23-2008 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSI Racing (Post 1993293)
Thanks for the files.
I had one problem with the rondol manila calculator.
I installed to see how it looks.
When I uninstalled it, it wouldn't let me use the calculator anymore.
As if it deleted the stock calculator instead of just removing the new one.
Any ideas?

I had this happen to me early on when I tried to download a 3rd party calc. I can't remember how I "fixed" it. There's a thread on here somewhere about it. I still can't use the calc link under programs. I basically had to install the stock calc again I think and create a shortcut to it under my start menu.

88jr 11-23-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huynhc (Post 1993183)

1. 4 columns -- makes programs list into four columns instead of three (windows program list NOT touchflo3d)

This is a .reg file. How do I install this on the Diamond?

huynhc 11-23-2008 09:49 AM

PSI Racing: I am trying to figure out how to uninstall it for you.

88jr: you can just open it in file explorer and do a soft reset. that should work. I use resco explorer but im guessing the stock explorer/win mo should handle it fine. Let me know how ti turns out.

Jocelyn 11-23-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88jr (Post 1993347)
This is a .reg file. How do I install this on the Diamond?

In HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\
Add a New Key “IconConfig”
In there Add DWORD Value:
“HorizontalIconSpacing” Dec value=”112″
“VerticalIconSpacing” Dec value=”115″
“IconTitleFontSize” Dec value=”6″

PSI Racing 11-24-2008 01:26 AM

Thanks for all the help.
I could figure it out last night, so I just did a hard reset and customized it all over again.
I had nothing better to do.
LOL.

donblay 11-24-2008 10:10 AM

out of curiosity do you know where apptodate stores the tmp cab files it downloads. i'm just concerned that they might be taking up space on my device area of the diamond.

huynhc 11-24-2008 07:33 PM

i have a tp and it saves them my storage card in a directory called "ApptoDateCABs" . i am guessing on the diamond it would be under internal storage and same dir there. let me know i will research it some more on my girl's if thats not the case.

andyval 11-25-2008 06:43 AM

i think pocket rar should be added to this list.

cdonovan66 11-25-2008 07:31 AM

Thanks for your post. I've been downloading programs only to have them to fail to run. I suspected that my Pro had the wrong .Net (seem to have read something about .Net 2.0 somewhere). Unlike most people with the Pro, I kind of like the "stock" Flow interface. Are there any issues with the .Net 3.5 upgrade affecting all the standard install software?

ZiggyZ 11-25-2008 08:12 AM

I'm actually thinking about going out to get the Pro and play around with it for a while... Seems like a pretty sweet phone from all the reviews that I've been reading and such.

boydn 11-25-2008 05:24 PM

I'm new to the PDA scene and have a stupid question. I've got a Diamond.
Do I just copy the .cab files to a folder on the phone? If so, Where, internal or external and what folder?
Thanks!

PokerFace23 11-25-2008 10:51 PM

copy the .cab to any folder on the phone. open the file. install.

feo 11-26-2008 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyval (Post 1994671)
i think pocket rar should be added to this list.

I agree - I remember searching for the CAB (wasnt near my box to use AS) and it was a pain.