SprintUsers.com

SprintUsers.com (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Android (Google) Based Phones (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Sprint at CTIA Mar 24th (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202703)

mbell75 02-17-2010 01:29 PM

Sprint at CTIA Mar 24th

Well Sprint is there the whole 4 days but Dan Hesse (Sprint CEO) will be speaking the morning of Mar 24th. This is where Sprint will probably announce future devices and such. Just a heads up.

Perveeus 02-17-2010 06:14 PM

Thanks for the headsup.
Now watch every1 eat their words about lack of this or that prior.
then there will be crew that whine about this or that.

Just another day on the net leading to the 2010 Sprint product plan.

HChristianS 02-17-2010 06:36 PM

Ive always had 100% confidence thatSprint wouldnt show anything at CES, too early, they dont want another Palm Pre fiasco on the their hands, or at MWC, its a GSM sponsored event in Barcelona... you know in Spain, where Sprint DOESNT work. whats the point of showing a Wimax phone for an American carrier there? Sure HTC couldve shown a peek, but I think Sprint wanted HTC to wait til CTIA, when Sprint can show 4G on the phone in Las Vegas. Which from I remember was one of the first cities to get Wimax, meaning Sprints been meaning to show a 4G phone there for the CTIA event.

I just want everyone to take that big chill pill, everyone kept saying oh Sprint will show something at CES... no? Okay MWC... seriously its ALWAYS been CTIA. how many times must I say thaaaaaat.

RSA 02-17-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HChristianS (Post 2293054)
Ive always had 100% confidence thatSprint wouldnt show anything at CES, too early, they dont want another Palm Pre fiasco on the their hands, or at MWC, its a GSM sponsored event in Barcelona... you know in Spain, where Sprint DOESNT work. whats the point of showing a Wimax phone for an American carrier there? Sure HTC couldve shown a peek, but I think Sprint wanted HTC to wait til CTIA, when Sprint can show 4G on the phone in Las Vegas. Which from I remember was one of the first cities to get Wimax, meaning Sprints been meaning to show a 4G phone there for the CTIA event.

I just want everyone to take that big chill pill, everyone kept saying oh Sprint will show something at CES... no? Okay MWC... seriously its ALWAYS been CTIA. how many times must I say thaaaaaat.

Yes! :tu:

boomhower 02-18-2010 01:19 PM

I for one can't wait. The complete and utter lack of rumors short of the SS is killing me.

everette25 02-18-2010 02:39 PM

I have till the fall to upgrade my hero so unless we get official word on 2.1 being upraded im not to worried about a new phone unless we get something like the Desire with a 3.7 screen android , then i will be selling my hero lol!!

DannyNYC 02-21-2010 06:48 PM

They better announce some crazy face-melting phones, otherwise I am not sticking around.

TheMadHatter 02-22-2010 08:52 AM

rofl @ face-melting

but yes, I'm expecting some KILLER announcements.

DannyNYC 02-22-2010 11:20 AM

Anyone think we will hear more about the HTC scorpion? I hope so, 1.5 ghz processor? Yes please..

Remax Realtor 02-22-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyNYC (Post 2294694)
Anyone think we will hear more about the HTC scorpion? I hope so, 1.5 ghz processor? Yes please..

No because the phone is fake.

KAT 02-22-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remax Realtor (Post 2294727)

Ok this is the second or third time I've seen this posted, without any link or anything to back it up... its not that I don't believe it could be fake, but is there a link that puts the rumor of this phone to rest once and for all?

NM08SRT8 02-22-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

lol. Short simple and to the point. Love it.

mbell75 02-22-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Why are you so quick to believe the Supersonic is real then? Because we have seen a few lousy pics of what could be ANY new phone? :rolleyes:

KAT 02-22-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 (Post 2294738)
lol. Short simple and to the point. Love it.

Yes, it is "Short, simple, and to the point", but anybody can claim "Its real" or "It's fake" and not include info to back it up.

If he knows for a fact the Scorpion is hog wash, let's see some info that confirms this once and for all, and put the issue to rest, and get on with the other stuff.

NM08SRT8 02-22-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAT (Post 2294744)
Yes, it is "Short, simple, and to the point", but anybody can claim "Its real" or "It's fake" and not include info to back it up.

If he knows for a fact the Scorpion is hog wash, let's see some info that confirms this once and for all, and put the issue to rest, and get on with the other stuff.

Well KAT, look at it this way.

We can all agree on it's just speculation. Simply put, no one knows.

You can say it's real, and he can say it's fake. But do either of you know for sure? Not so much.

So if him saying it is fake raises you a degree... just ignore it because we all know it's just speculation at this point. Same can go for the Supersonic.

Supersonic has a little bit more going for it as far as information goes (again, speculative information but still).

Just wait, like OP put, CTIA is coming soon, and we will see what Sprint has hiding under their skirt.