SprintUsers.com

SprintUsers.com (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus Tool (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   "Attribute Mismatch" (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82849)

Cremy03 11-27-2005 06:04 PM

"Attribute Mismatch"

I'm having issues uploading ring tones onto the phone through focus and the other uploaders i've seen posted in similar topics just weren't working. I have the Samsung A840 that I just got last night. It sends the text message to my phone and I begin the download, it gets to the initializing stage and then an error message pops up saying "Attribute Mismatch". I followed all of the directions correctly and i do not understand why I am having this issue. Someone help. :fingers:

Mentos 07-24-2006 11:44 AM

im having the exact same problems

EscoDaddy 08-10-2006 05:42 PM

I am having the same problem too. It gets 100% then says " Attribute Mismatch Error 905" Does this mean our phones wont be able to receive our own ringtones?

Xial 08-14-2006 02:08 AM

I, too, am having the same issue with a MIDI ringtone to my new Samsung A640.

I'm hoping it's something temporary, though, since I'd love to use my own stuff for a ringtone.

(There are currently 0 places that offer ringtones *for sale* that carry anything I'd consider toneworthy.)

KimM 08-27-2006 11:13 PM

I have the A640, too, and I can't get anything downloaded from anywhere other than Sprint. I have a sneaking suspicion that our ohone will not allow us to download anything unless we subscribe to some additional service, that something disables it from doing so unless it's directly from Sprint. I'm in Tampa, also, and the place I got it from assured me I'd be able to do it, or else I'd never have bought it.

Xial 08-27-2006 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimM
I have the A640, too, and I can't get anything downloaded from anywhere other than Sprint. I have a sneaking suspicion that our ohone will not allow us to download anything unless we subscribe to some additional service, that something disables it from doing so unless it's directly from Sprint. I'm in Tampa, also, and the place I got it from assured me I'd be able to do it, or else I'd never have bought it.

I can emphatically refute that statement, with the sheer number of ringtones and wallpapers I've stuck on my phone.

Now, if I could get the browser to not suck so badly... ;)

Sprint themselves have an uploader you can play with. :)

Just remember to have your data package and stuff, so you don't pay by the kilobyte (It's going up to 3 cents a kilobyte come october).

philk7 11-01-2006 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xial
I can emphatically refute that statement, with the sheer number of ringtones and wallpapers I've stuck on my phone.

Now, if I could get the browser to not suck so badly... ;)

Sprint themselves have an uploader you can play with. :)

Just remember to have your data package and stuff, so you don't pay by the kilobyte (It's going up to 3 cents a kilobyte come october).

So did you do this the Focus tool? I am getting the same error when I try to d/l midi files using Focus.

laursifer 11-04-2006 02:20 PM

It could be the file. It could be the filename length. It could be a whole slew of things. I would try a different uploader first. We have a bunch here:

http://sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83030

If that doesn't work, PM me the file you're trying to upload and let me know your phone model and we'll see what we can do.

kurthrob 03-04-2007 06:54 PM

What type of file does the phone support

kurthrob 03-04-2007 07:35 PM

dont' worry the problem is solved, thanks. i tried to edit site wouldn't allow it, i exeeded the time limit

POWERHOUSE721 04-15-2007 02:42 PM

I Was Havin That Prob For A Week , Till I Realized I Was The Dummy. I Had To Convert My Mp3's To M4a Or Mp4 And No Probs Since. I Downloaded A File Converter Called " Switch " And Its Fast And Affective And That 4 Letter "f" Word We All Love..... Free ! Try It And Let Me Know

I Use A Mm 7500 By The Way . May Work Out For Other Models Too

YPG 04-15-2007 02:48 PM

does anyone use the uploader Sprint provides?

Brandon 04-15-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yo Peep Game
does anyone use the uploader Sprint provides?

Sprint has an uploader?

YPG 04-15-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NF-1087
Sprint has an uploader?

yeah there is a link for it a couple of posts up

N6JSX* 07-13-2007 11:52 AM

Constant Error 905

I just got a Sanyo 8400. I created my own .mid file, it plays perfectly. The file name is ONLY 6 letters long. "Focus" has sent it three times to my phone - each time I go to dwonload it I get:

Data Error 905
Attribute
Mismatched

Reading this string I still do not know what Error 905 means and what it will take to get rid of it. "Focus" service should be kicking a feedback if the uplaod file is improper.

So I can only assume it is a phone issue to overcome.