SprintUsers.com

SprintUsers.com (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/index.php)
-   HTC (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   EVO Custom ROM's Thread (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209631)

Beer Abuser 11-25-2010 02:47 AM

No problem :).

tbakergobuck 11-25-2010 08:24 AM

Trying the Anthrax virus rom now and had a few issues with the web. Would like to change the bottom 3 home keys or whatever there called to icons but not sure how to do it. Tried the Airborne. I think I like the Christmas rom better though.

What is a good droid rom? I like color/red.

thekarens 11-25-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck
Trying the Anthrax virus rom now and had a few issues with the web. Would like to change the bottom 3 home keys or whatever there called to icons but not sure how to do it. Tried the Airborne. I think I like the Christmas rom better though.

What is a good droid rom? I like color/red.

If you want to change the bottom keys on the home screen go into your app drawer. There's one called rosie setting with this rom. You can change it there.

badassdes 11-25-2010 09:25 AM

Hmm... I think I'm going to try the Virus ROM. What kernel you guys are using? Better battery life than Fresh 3.4.0.1 and King's #11?

tbakergobuck 11-25-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekarens (Post 2445982)
If you want to change the bottom keys on the home screen go into your app drawer. There's one called rosie setting with this rom. You can change it there.

I did that but how can I get the icon to show? I want the phone icon and Internet.

thekarens 11-25-2010 09:45 AM

I'm using Kings #11 with the Anthrax Virus Rom.

As far as the rosie settings go the icons themselves will not show, but those buttons will do the action that you change them to. If you want to totally change the look of the home screen you can use launcher pro or ADW or one of the other home replacement screens. I like the look of this one, so I'm sticking with it, but I may change wallpapers.

Shauli 11-25-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV
Sweet. That I can do.

Same process to flash a kernel after that?

No. Flashing a kernel is easier. No factory reset. Only wipe cache and dalvik, flash and reboot!

badassdes 11-25-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekarens (Post 2445987)
I'm using Kings #11 with the Anthrax Virus Rom.

Ok, done. Sweet ROM! The only issue I'm having so far is with the market app... everytime I want to use it it keeps force closing.... :indiff:

And how's the battery with Kings #11... Do you think is better?

Shauli 11-25-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badassdes

Ok, done. Sweet ROM! The only issue I'm having so far is with the market app... everytime I want to use it it keeps force closing.... :indiff:

And how's the battery with Kings #11... Do you think is better?

For the Market app, try clearing its cache, force close it (under Manage Applications) and try using it again.

badassdes 11-25-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauli (Post 2446134)
For the Market app, try clearing its cache, force close it (under Manage Applications) and try using it again.

Thank you. I did your advice but it keeps force closing. I'm wondering if theKarens have this issue. According to the thread on xda, the developer is aware of some bugs that need to be fixed. I hope there's an update soon. I really like this ROM.

thekarens 11-25-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badassdes (Post 2446152)
Thank you. I did your advice but it keeps force closing. I'm wondering if theKarens have this issue. According to the thread on xda, the developer is aware of some bugs that need to be fixed. I hope there's an update soon. I really like this ROM.

I never had any problems with the Market. Mine worked/works just fine. You have a couple options, you could try rebooting your phone and/or use appbrain and see if you have any problems with it.

badassdes 11-25-2010 08:59 PM

Yeah... I rebooted and rebooted and nothing. I never had problems with the market until know. AppBrain takes me to the market so I'm stuck. I'm going to try and use King's #17 instead of the kernel that came with the ROM... Not sure if that has something to do though... or uninstall the ROM and install it again...

Thanks for your reply theKarens.

thekarens 11-25-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badassdes (Post 2446175)
Yeah... I rebooted and rebooted and nothing. I never had problems with the market until know. AppBrain takes me to the market so I'm stuck. I'm going to try and use King's #17 instead of the kernel that came with the ROM... Not sure if that has something to do though... or uninstall the ROM and install it again...

Thanks for your reply theKarens.

Hmmm, I'm using Kings #11. I didn't try it with the stock kernel. Reflashing may be your only option, but that does suck.

tbakergobuck 11-25-2010 10:29 PM

I'm having issues with the Market as well and it just started after I tried the Virus Stock Rom. I restarted and still had the issue but I forgot to get rid of the market app I had on one of my screens. I powered off then back on then went into running services and cleared the cache. It's working for now.

MikeV 11-26-2010 12:07 PM

Just flashed Kings CFS #11.

Funny that such an easy process is so hard to do because directions are hard to find. Beer Abuser's post should be cut outta here and stickied somewhere.

badassdes 11-26-2010 06:20 PM

I reflashed the ROM (twice) and now the market is working. Now using it with King's kernel.

The weird thing was that after I reflashed for the 1st time, everything was working until I restore my apps and data from Titanium. The market stopped working again. I had to wipe everything again and reflash for a 2nd time the ROM & Kernel. I haven't use Titanium to restore my apps. I will have to use other app to restore them. So far, the market is working well...

:cool:

KB112 11-26-2010 07:53 PM

So which Kernel is better CFS or BFS? I am using Kings #11 BFS right now.

tbakergobuck 11-26-2010 11:18 PM

Back to Fresh for now since it works well for "me".

badassdes 11-27-2010 12:38 PM

Re: Virus_Anthrax_ROM
Well, today I no longer have the market/vending apk... (??????) :frustrate
Everything is working except this issue. Is there a way to get the vending.apk?

badassdes 11-27-2010 12:46 PM

nevermind. Found the .zip and installed. Working again! :clap:

th3taman 11-27-2010 01:08 PM

CM6.1 Release Candidate 2 has been released.

thekarens 11-27-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2446650)
CM6.1 Release Candidate 2 has been released.

UGH, I really want to try this, but I'm going to hold off for a bit since I just flashed Virus a couple days ago.

Shauli 11-27-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB112
So which Kernel is better CFS or BFS? I am using Kings #11 BFS right now.

I use BFS # 11 too. It has been the best kernel I have used so far. Don't worry about BFS vs CFS. If this kernel is meeting your needs, stick with it.

boomhower 11-27-2010 07:39 PM

I think I started an epidemic....

KB112 11-27-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomhower (Post 2446770)
I think I started an epidemic....

LOL

Yeah, I have done all but Radio's and full themes right now. Some real nice looking themes out there though.

tbakergobuck 11-28-2010 04:00 PM

Well I decided to try CM6.1 Release Candidate 2. lol I like it. I just need to find me photo widget and sound profile.

Diana Prince 11-28-2010 04:42 PM

Downloading Calkulin's EVio ROM v1.6.2 now. Bored and wanted to try something new.

badassdes 11-28-2010 07:33 PM

Ok, I tried Fresh 3.4.0.1 = nice ROM, Mynís Warm TwoPointTwo = Run smoothly but to simple for my taste, Virus_Anthrax... Drool, best Rom so far... but having issues. So I will give it a shot to CyanogenMod V6.1.0-RC2... Lets see...

Oh well, I've became a ROM Addict... That's one of the main reasons I rooted my EVO... ;)

boomhower 11-28-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badassdes (Post 2447037)
Oh well, I've became a ROM Addict... That's one of the main reasons I rooted my EVO... ;)

Best thing about HTC products, very mod friendly!

Shauli 11-28-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badassdes
Ok, I tried Fresh 3.4.0.1 = nice ROM, Myn’s Warm TwoPointTwo = Run smoothly but to simple for my taste, Virus_Anthrax... Drool, best Rom so far... but having issues. So I will give it a shot to CyanogenMod V6.1.0-RC2... Lets see...

You haven't seen nothing until you try MikFroYo. Runs very smoothly, but is also completely themed with anything you can think of. And best of all - no issues. And it's hard to get bored with MikFroYo, because the developer is constantly monitoring feedback for his ROM on his thread, and always adding stuff based on users suggestions and other mods he finds from other devs.
I can elaborate on details about this ROM, but the best is to try it yourself, especially if you're a ROM addict who's always looking for the best and coolest ROMs.
Highly recommended!

thekarens 11-28-2010 09:16 PM

Grrr, I really like the Virus Anthrax rom, but I swap batteries a lot due to playing Pocket Legends and half the time it gets stuck on the splash screen. Guess I'm back to Cyanogen.

badassdes 11-28-2010 09:35 PM

Just flashed Cyanogen. Runs smooth... different since I always used sence based ROMs... Having issues already with the WIFI... connect and disconnects... Ugh!!

I wonder when Virus Developer will issue a fix!!!!

th3taman 11-28-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badassdes (Post 2447060)
Just flashed Cyanogen. Runs smooth... different since I always used sence based ROMs... Having issues already with the WIFI... connect and disconnects... Ugh!!

Weird, I've never had that problem with Wifi on Cyanogen. Have you tried flashing it again?

Diana Prince 11-29-2010 08:51 AM

Back to OMJ. Stability is under rated. :(

thekarens 11-29-2010 08:53 AM

I flashed cyanogen rc 2 last night and haven't had any probs with wifi. You might check cds to see if anyone there is having a problem.

nohbdyshero 11-29-2010 09:43 AM

I am enjoying Myn's Warm 2.2 rls4...great battery life, smooth, stable and mod friendly so far...plus a lot of mods are coming out for it on xda faster than baking holiday cookies

pjdjmm 11-29-2010 11:15 AM

does anyone know how to do confrence calling on evo where as when your on a call and receive a call waiting you can connect that call in with your exsiting without having to do a 3 way call or do u know of any apps that will allow it

th3taman 11-29-2010 12:11 PM

Like the two new additional lockscreen controls. And the ability to create and use gestures to launch a shortcut, app, and many other things is awesome. I don't even have to unlock the phone anymore if I want to use the camera. I just draw a C! :clap:

Love CM6.1 RC2! :tu:

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/r...129_130753.png

Diana Prince 11-29-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauli (Post 2447046)
You haven't seen nothing until you try MikFroYo. Runs very smoothly, but is also completely themed with anything you can think of. And best of all - no issues. And it's hard to get bored with MikFroYo, because the developer is constantly monitoring feedback for his ROM on his thread, and always adding stuff based on users suggestions and other mods he finds from other devs.
I can elaborate on details about this ROM, but the best is to try it yourself, especially if you're a ROM addict who's always looking for the best and coolest ROMs.
Highly recommended!

Installed this today and I have to say I'm loving it so far.

Norwester 11-29-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badassdes (Post 2447060)

What kernel were you running with anthrax? I've ran all of the Anthrax & Airbourne Roms plus betas and haven't had any issues so far. I've used ziggy kernels for most of them and have had the best luck with the 10/28 and 11/14 versions. The latest (11/24) has been causing FCs for a lot of people.
http://www.ziggy471.com/downloads/?c...=5&sortby=date
Virus has moved the forum to... http://infectedrom.com/forum/

boomhower 11-30-2010 09:35 PM

Installed Airbourne 4.0 over 3.4 and the performance is quite improved. Why 4.0 isn't on XDA is beyond me. Now to try the Ziggy kernal.

boomhower 12-01-2010 01:08 AM

Got Ziggy installed and this thing screams. To me it's every bit as fast as CM but you still have some sense bits there. I am in love.

unbreakableblue 12-01-2010 11:26 AM

okay I know much of this answer is going to be personal preference, but what ROM/Kernel is giving you guys the best battery life? I feel like I can't keep my battery charged for my life. I even went out and got the beast 3500 battery. I was using fresh, and am now on Virus rom, both with Kings#11bfs. I'm thinking about starting from scratch to make sure that I don't have some random app killing my battery, but what a pain that's going to be.. TIA!

Shauli 12-01-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unbreakableblue
okay I know much of this answer is going to be personal preference, but what ROM/Kernel is giving you guys the best battery life? I feel like I can't keep my battery charged for my life. I even went out and got the beast 3500 battery. I was using fresh, and am now on Virus rom, both with Kings#11bfs. I'm thinking about starting from scratch to make sure that I don't have some random app killing my battery, but what a pain that's going to be.. TIA!

MikFroYo (which is based on Calkulin's EViO ROM, plus more tweaks) with BFS # 11.
I go Easily 12 hours before needing to charge.

Diana Prince 12-01-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauli (Post 2448189)
MikFroYo (which is based on Calkulin's EViO ROM, plus more tweaks) with BFS # 11.
I go Easily 12 hours before needing to charge.

Shauli what are your benchmarks like? The phone is so much zippier but my benchmarks are hella low. Any idea what gives? Still love the ROM.

boomhower 12-01-2010 04:03 PM

I just went 8hrs with light use on my above mentioned combo and was at 76% left. Benchmark was ~1580 in quadrant.

tbakergobuck 12-01-2010 05:43 PM

Trying MikFroYo Rom and do like the speed of it. Is there anyway to get rid of the black image that flashes for a second when surfing the web? It does it so quick I can't see what it says but it's kinda annoying.

Diana Prince 12-01-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck (Post 2448341)
Trying MikFroYo Rom and do like the speed of it. Is there anyway to get rid of the black image that flashes for a second when surfing the web? It does it so quick I can't see what it says but it's kinda annoying.

I got on the web to see if I could catch it and I don't see what you're talking about. Where does it flash?

tbakergobuck 12-01-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana Prince (Post 2448351)
I got on the web to see if I could catch it and I don't see what you're talking about. Where does it flash?

oops it's when using the SprintUsers App after connecting to the site, a like 3d image shows up for a split second.

Diana Prince 12-01-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck (Post 2448363)
oops it's when using the SprintUsers App after connecting to the site, a like 3d image shows up for a split second.

You mean the "contacting remote site" popup or the "you have successfully logged in" popup?

Shauli 12-01-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana Prince

Shauli what are your benchmarks like? The phone is so much zippier but my benchmarks are hella low. Any idea what gives? Still love the ROM.

I haven't tested the benchmarks in a while, because I don't believe that they are a true reflection of the phone's performance.
But since you asked I ran Quadrant, and you're right, my phone scored poorly. Less than 1100.
But that just serves to emphasize my point. I could not be happier with MikFroYo. Everything runs smoothly, and battery life is excellent. So I scored poorly on Quadrant... it doesn't matter to me. I like my EVO the way it is, and I'm not looking elsewhere.

Diana Prince 12-01-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauli (Post 2448427)
I haven't tested the benchmarks in a while, because I don't believe that they are a true reflection of the phone's performance.
But since you asked I ran Quadrant, and you're right, my phone scored poorly. Less than 1100.
But that just serves to emphasize my point. I could not be happier with MikFroYo. Everything runs smoothly, and battery life is excellent. So I scored poorly on Quadrant... it doesn't matter to me. I like my EVO the way it is, and I'm not looking elsewhere.

I agree with you. My phone is very snappy. Thanks for running the bm. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. :tu:

tbakergobuck 12-01-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana Prince

You mean the "contacting remote site" popup or the "you have successfully logged in" popup?

after the remote site and each new page while surfing the Su app. If it was just the log in it wouldn't bother me since it would be just one time. Not a big deal and I guess I'm getting use to it. Really like the Rom as well but its always something with me. LOL

boomhower 12-01-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck (Post 2448458)
after the remote site and each new page while surfing the Su app. If it was just the log in it wouldn't bother me since it would be just one time. Not a big deal and I guess I'm getting use to it. Really like the Rom as well but its always something with me. LOL

Nothing you can do, it's just how the app works. All of them do it, Tapatalk, XDA, etc.

fatboy 12-01-2010 11:57 PM

Running myns warm 2.2 rlse 4 I was bored with fresh

fatboy 12-02-2010 12:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Warm 2.2 (4) with the ziggy kernel

Shauli 12-02-2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy

I can tell from the pic that you haven't updated the Quadrant app lately. The newer version has the EVO in the list devices...

fatboy 12-02-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauli

I can tell from the pic that you haven't updated the Quadrant app lately. The newer version has the EVO in the list devices...

Yeah I sideloaded it so it doesn't update ....

KB112 12-02-2010 12:50 AM

Just installed Mikfroyo...gonna see what all the hype is about. :)

tbakergobuck 12-02-2010 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomhower (Post 2448505)
Nothing you can do, it's just how the app works. All of them do it, Tapatalk, XDA, etc.

Really... I don't remember seeing the Su app issue I have with other Roms. Oh well... thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy (Post 2448519)

Wow you left Fresh?

th3taman 12-02-2010 07:50 AM

Might have GPS issues on CM6.1 RC2. :(

fatboy 12-02-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck (Post 2448578)
Really... I don't remember seeing the Su app issue I have with other Roms. Oh well... thanks

Wow you left Fresh?

i wouldnt say left ...... i was just bored :tu:

unbreakableblue 12-02-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy (Post 2448508)
Running myns warm 2.2 rlse 4 I was bored with fresh

i just flashed this yesterday. So far I'm in love with the look of it ( I love having the power control widget in the notification bar), I'll give it a couple of days to see how the battery holds up.

Next up, MikFroyo. Thanks for the advice

fatboy 12-02-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unbreakableblue

i just flashed this yesterday. So far I'm in love with the look of it ( I love having the power control widget in the notification bar), I'll give it a couple of days to see how the battery holds up.

I like the animations the keyboard the flipclock hulu sprint hotspot fresh better step his game up

Diana Prince 12-02-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unbreakableblue (Post 2448642)

MikFroyo has incorporated this feature as well. :)

KB112 12-02-2010 01:04 PM

I've been playing with this MikFroyo most all last night and today. I don't care for the keyboard, otherwise it's real nice. It seems to burn battery a little faster then Fresh 3.3 with Kings 11. The keyboard hangs a bit, especially in Dolphin HD, I have to hit the back button to get it off the screen after typing a url.

badassdes 12-02-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2448580)
Might have GPS issues on CM6.1 RC2. :(

I was having problems with wifi and GPS with CM6.1 RC2 and King's #11. I installed Zendroid .9 kernel and fixed the wifi but not the GPS issue. I read that installing a "nightly" #182 or higher would fix the GPS issue. I don't know exactly what a "nightly" is or if installing it would be safe for my phone... :indiff:

thekarens 12-02-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badassdes (Post 2448864)
I was having problems with wifi and GPS with CM6.1 RC2 and King's #11. I installed Zendroid .9 kernel and fixed the wifi but not the GPS issue. I read that installing a "nightly" #182 or higher would fix the GPS issue. I don't know exactly what a "nightly" is or if installing it would be safe for my phone... :indiff:

It's weird how it works. I have the exact same combo of rom and #11 and haven't had any problems. Cyanogen, unlike other roms, has a group of people working on it (Team Douche) and each night they load up the newest tweaks to the Rom, ie the nightlies. Some nightlies are fantastic and some are buggy, but they are all safe to load on your phone.

I'm feeling cranky tonight so I'm going to give Azrael a a spin. It's kind of dark. Not sure what kernel I'm going with.

th3taman 12-02-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badassdes (Post 2448864)

Yeah, I did some research and there's two lines in a GPS config file the Cyanogen's team added that's created the problem. Supposedly installing one of the newest nightly ROM's fixes it. You can also fix the config file. There's info on how to do it in the Cyanogen XDA thread. I think I'm going to do it tomorrow. You either have to do it via adb or buy the Root Explorer app to fix.

thekarens 12-03-2010 07:19 AM

Tried Azrael and I wasn't impressed. Not that it's a bad rom. It's fine, but it doesn't bring anything new or different from other roms or anything that makes it better so I flashed back to CM6.

badassdes 12-03-2010 01:09 PM

I flashed the nightly and fixed my GPS issue... yay! Everything is working now. Battery not so good with the stock kernel... But overall, I like CM6 so I'll stick to it for a while... :cool:

tbakergobuck 12-03-2010 01:51 PM

I'm using Mikfroyo. For some reason my pictures are not showing up in the ROM gallery (not sure what to call it). They show up in the stock gallery but I don't care for that one.

Also having issues downloading some apps.

thekarens 12-03-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badassdes (Post 2449176)
I flashed the nightly and fixed my GPS issue... yay! Everything is working now. Battery not so good with the stock kernel... But overall, I like CM6 so I'll stick to it for a while... :cool:

Does ZenDroid work with RC2 or the Nightlies? I've been interested in trying that one out.

badassdes 12-03-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekarens (Post 2449364)
Does ZenDroid work with RC2 or the Nightlies? I've been interested in trying that one out.

I was using ZenDroid with RC2. Worked well, fast and smoothly. It fixed my wifi issue. Since everything is working with the nightly 185, I will continue using the stock kernel. There is a thread in xda for nightlies and they list some of the more popular kernels that can be used with them so I would think that it can be used on both...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=729802

thekarens 12-03-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badassdes (Post 2449377)
I was using ZenDroid with RC2. Worked well, fast and smoothly. It fixed my wifi issue. Since everything is working with the nightly 185, I will continue using the stock kernel. There is a thread in xda for nightlies and they list some of the more popular kernels that can be used with them so I would think that it can be used on both...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=729802

Thanks! :)

thekarens 12-04-2010 10:07 AM

Cyanogen is my daily driver, the one I go back to again and again, but yesterday I flashed Virus's Airbourne 4 with Ziggy's kernel and I have to say I love it. I think it will become my 2nd favorite rom. Of course, I am a woman and my opinions are subject to change ;-)

PS..........phone runs quickly and smoothly and battery life seems good so far.

Shauli 12-04-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekarens
Cyanogen is my daily driver, the one I go back to again and again, but yesterday I flashed Virus's Airbourne 4 with Ziggy's kernel and I have to say I love it. I think it will become my 2nd favorite rom. Of course, I am a woman and my opinions are subject to change ;-)

PS..........phone runs quickly and smoothly and battery life seems good so far.

And when dual boot becomes possible for the EVO you will be able to run both your first and second favorite ROMs...

th3taman 12-04-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauli (Post 2449643)
And when dual boot becomes possible for the EVO you will be able to run both your first and second favorite ROMs...

Dual boot would be awesome! :tu:

Shauli 12-04-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman

Dual boot would be awesome! :tu:

It's already available for some phones, but there is some issue with the EVO's recovery. I do hope they figure it out soon...

thekarens 12-04-2010 08:42 PM

Lol, dual boot, a girl's dream :)

boomhower 12-05-2010 09:39 AM

Dual boot would be awesome!

thekarens 12-05-2010 08:09 PM

Cyanogen 6.1 stable release is out! http://www.androidcentral.com/
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=735596

KB112 12-05-2010 09:39 PM

Cyanogen scares me lol. I wasn't really liking the battery life on Mikfroyo, so I am runnin Myns Warm 2point2 now. Has a lot of stuff I liked off mikfroyo, but the lag is gone and I will give the battery a test over the next few days.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...205_194303.png

Shauli 12-05-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Cyanogen scares me lol. I wasn't really liking the battery life on Mikfroyo, so I am runnin Myns Warm 2point2 now. Has a lot of stuff I liked off mikfroyo, but the lag is gone and I will give the battery a test over the next few days.

How did you fit 7 shortcuts in a row? Is that how myn's ROM comes by default?

Noodle 12-06-2010 09:42 AM

what's up boys and girls. I'm finally able to get on here a bit more again now that the semester is winding down.

What's new, what have I missed. Flavor of the week?

I'm still running Fresh 3.4.0.1 and have now been playing with my wife's new Optimus S (had that bad boy rooted in 15min)

KB112 12-06-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauli (Post 2449962)
How did you fit 7 shortcuts in a row? Is that how myn's ROM comes by default?

I use Multicon, it's free in the market. You can use multiple different layouts and numbers of icons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle (Post 2450108)
I'm still running Fresh 3.4.0.1 and have now been playing with my wife's new Optimus S (had that bad boy rooted in 15min)

I just got an Optimus for my daughter for Xmas. Gonna have to play with it when I get a chance. I hear nothing but good things. :) Especially for free.

Noodle 12-06-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB112 (Post 2450395)
I just got an Optimus for my daughter for Xmas. Gonna have to play with it when I get a chance. I hear nothing but good things. :) Especially for free.

I just added my mother to my account and got her an Optimus as well got my wife to use her upgrade on one as well.

If you are looking to root I just posted some tutorials in the main Android thread here.

It seems to be a really solid entry level android phone.

Shauli 12-06-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

I use Multicon, it's free in the market. You can use multiple different layouts and numbers of icons.

That's very interesting. I didn't know about that app. The developer of MikFroYo has made a flashable zip to actually modify the Rosie to a 4◊5 layout. But I can't manually change the layout to whatever I want, unless I change the Rosie again (which I have no clue how to do).
One advantage of this approach is that I don't have an app running constantly in the background. Then again, it's not like my screens aren't full of widgets anyway...
Another advantage for modifying the Rosie is that it allows for you to resize other widgets too. And the general layout is probably more symmetrical this way.

thekarens 12-07-2010 08:08 AM

I'm ready for my Gingerbread rom now! :)

th3taman 12-07-2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekarens (Post 2450589)
I'm ready for my Gingerbread rom now! :)

Already in the works by some. :D

Shauli 12-07-2010 08:21 AM

How are devs able to cook a Gingerbread ROM when Google hasn't released the actual code yet?

Noodle 12-07-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauli (Post 2450595)
How are devs able to cook a Gingerbread ROM when Google hasn't released the actual code yet?

People are just working on some rudimentary stuff from the SDK things won't get rolling full speed until Google releases 2.3

Beer Abuser 12-08-2010 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle
what's up boys and girls. I'm finally able to get on here a bit more again now that the semester is winding down.

Welcome back stranger...in short, Evo rom list is 100+ to choose from lol...

Beer Abuser 12-08-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauli

That's very interesting. I didn't know about that app. The developer of MikFroYo has made a flashable zip to actually modify the Rosie to a 4◊5 layout. But I can't manually change the layout to whatever I want, unless I change the Rosie again (which I have no clue how to do).
One advantage of this approach is that I don't have an app running constantly in the background. Then again, it's not like my screens aren't full of widgets anyway...
Another advantage for modifying the Rosie is that it allows for you to resize other widgets too. And the general layout is probably more symmetrical this way.

If you like launcher pro, you can do 4x5 and also use desktop visualizer to change size of widgets or icons ;).

boomhower 12-08-2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle (Post 2450108)

VirusRom series is getting popular, Myn's Warm ROM is gaining steam rapidly, and CM just made another release. I'm rolling Virus Airbourne but it seems Myn's is the flavor of the moment. Fresh has made much noise recently and the others are surpassing it in popularity. Don't know if he just hasn't had time to work on it, is getting burnt out, or has something big cooking but not much has come out from over there.

DJay45 12-08-2010 05:03 PM

So has there been any REAL info on if the 3.30.xxx roms are bad for battery life on older hardware? I haven't had much time to read about it lately.

Shauli 12-08-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay45
So has there been any REAL info on if the 3.30.xxx roms are bad for battery life on older hardware? I haven't had much time to read about it lately.

Some people hold that way. For example, the dev who makes the Azrael ROM has separate ROMs for 0003 and 0004 ROMs.
But my experience has been great with the 3.30 ROM even though my EVO is 0002. I'm running MikFroYo with BFS # 11 and I can easily get 12 hours from my battery!

Noodle 12-15-2010 05:42 PM

Well back to Fresh again. I tried out the latest version of CM6 and while I love it certain things just bug the crap out of me. I love the minimal facebook integration that comes with vanilla however that isn't a trade off for the lack of a voicemail widget or even shortcut, app, etc.

The stock calendar widget blows once I got hooked on the sense or Launcher Pro widget. I really can't decide between launcher pro or ADW now.

Oh well Fresh is still the most stable for me. Tried EViO again and really unstable for me and FCd all the time on things.

Shauli 12-15-2010 07:05 PM

I haven't yet tried CM6. I'm waiting for 4G, which looks like will be coming soon...

th3taman 12-15-2010 09:45 PM

The only way I see myself leaving CM6.1 is if I actually EVER get 4G in my area.

*Glares at Sprint*