SprintUsers.com

SprintUsers.com (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/index.php)
-   HTC (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   EVO Custom ROM's Thread (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209631)

WagonMafia05 03-04-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2496908)
If you want to try Gingerbread, Kings isn't the right ROM.

CM7 is on Gingerbread and so are a few others on XDA.

You and your Cyanogen Mod bandwagon.

I kid.....I kid.....BTW love your avatar.

th3taman 03-04-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9xlt8 (Post 2496913)
You and your Cyanogen Mod bandwagon.

I kid.....I kid.....BTW love your avatar.

Yeah, I know. :lol: I actually didn't realize there was a Kings Gingerbread ROM. Cool. :tu:

I would love Kings visual changes and themes. But just don't like Sense and the extra bulk since I use none of it.

WagonMafia05 03-04-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2496914)
Yeah, I know. :lol: I actually didn't realize there was a Kings Gingerbread ROM. Cool. :tu:

I would love Kings visual changes and themes. But just don't like Sense and the extra bulk since I use none of it.

I can't wait for CM to get full working CM7 rom out. For some reason I can't get my GPS to work. I have tried the "gps fix" everyone had posted but it still will not work.

th3taman 03-04-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9xlt8 (Post 2496916)
I can't wait for CM to get full working CM7 rom out. For some reason I can't get my GPS to work. I have tried the "gps fix" everyone had posted but it still will not work.

That fix worked for me?

WagonMafia05 03-04-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2496918)
That fix worked for me?

It seems to work for everyone that has tried it. I can't even get my GPS icon to show up in the notification bar even tho I have it turned on. On google maps it will get my location by using the wireless networks but that's it. It like there is something preventing it from even turning on. I just tried again this morning on nightly 12.

tbakergobuck 03-04-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9xlt8 (Post 2496901)
Now time for my second noob question of the day.......how do I go back to the stock Kings rom theme?

Not sure but I usually do a backup just in case something doesn't go right or I just want to go back to what I had.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2496914)

I found that out last night.

WagonMafia05 03-04-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck (Post 2496924)
Not sure but I usually do a backup just in case something doesn't go right or I just want to go back to what I had.

Thats what I ended up doing. The purple theme was just a little too purple.

emtownsend 03-04-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9xlt8 (Post 2496921)
It seems to work for everyone that has tried it. I can't even get my GPS icon to show up in the notification bar even tho I have it turned on. On google maps it will get my location by using the wireless networks but that's it. It like there is something preventing it from even turning on. I just tried again this morning on nightly 12.

I've found with all these rooted ROMs that sometimes you need to re-install it. Tried that? (and wipe those caches)

Also, any experience on Salvage ROM? Seems to have everything working except HDMI according to their changelog. It is dated 02/25/2011.

I'm basically fishing through the ROM database on PPCGeeks...

WagonMafia05 03-04-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emtownsend (Post 2496940)
I've found with all these rooted ROMs that sometimes you need to re-install it. Tried that? (and wipe those caches)

Also, any experience on Salvage ROM? Seems to have everything working except HDMI according to their changelog. It is dated 02/25/2011.

I'm basically fishing through the ROM database on PPCGeeks...

I did a full wipe. Next time I feel like trying CM7 if my GPS doesn't work I will try re-installing it.

emtownsend 03-04-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2496908)
If you want to try Gingerbread, Kings isn't the right ROM.

CM7 is on Gingerbread and so are a few others on XDA.

Which is the latest CM7? This one? CM7 WITH STOCK Gingerbread Launcher (NO ADW)

WagonMafia05 03-04-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emtownsend (Post 2496946)
Which is the latest CM7? This one? CM7 WITH STOCK Gingerbread Launcher (NO ADW)

The latest would be the nightly builds. Head over to Cyanogenmod.com and you can find them there. Nightly 12 was the last one I saw.

emtownsend 03-04-2011 01:22 PM

Thanks!

emtownsend 03-04-2011 04:43 PM

I've loaded the ROM. Looks cool but I have no apps. No Market even... What did I miss?

tbakergobuck 03-04-2011 04:45 PM

You forgot to install the gapps. ^

emtownsend 03-04-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck (Post 2497059)
You forgot to install the gapps. ^

:frantic:
sigh -- Thanks! Second time I forgot the obvious!
Is this installed within the ROM (unzipped) from my SD or from recovery as zip?

WagonMafia05 03-04-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emtownsend (Post 2497064)

Download the gapps and put them on the root of your SD car. Then install like you would a ROM just don't wipe anything.

emtownsend 03-04-2011 05:24 PM

OK, installed from zip on SD and all good. Thanks!

Mercenary_ 03-04-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emtownsend (Post 2497064)

http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/

Go there for gapps. If you're running CM7 you want... 20110120 Universal

emtownsend 03-04-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercenary_ (Post 2497076)
http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/

Go there for gapps. If you're running CM7 you want... 20110120 Universal

Rats, grabbed gapps-20110112.. Can I just grab and reload?

WagonMafia05 03-04-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emtownsend (Post 2497095)

They will work just fine. They are the apps I was using this morning when I was playing around with nightly 12.

Mercenary_ 03-04-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emtownsend (Post 2497095)

You'll probably be ok, just make a mental note that you didn't use the universal one if something screwy happens down the line.

WagonMafia05 03-04-2011 06:47 PM

A little update on the net-toastmod-4.3.20cfs-sbc-havs-more kernal:

I have been unplugged sense 4:45am Thrusday morning and am just now at 39%. That after moderate use Thursday and flashing between roms 4-5 times and diffrent mods for the Kings rom today. I am going to leave it unplugged tonight and see what its at in the morning.

BTW I have the Seidio 3500mah battery.

c1971ace 03-04-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9xlt8

I have been unplugged sense 4:45am Thrusday morning and am just now at 39%. That after moderate use Thursday and flashing between roms 4-5 times and diffrent mods for the Kings rom today. I am going to leave it unplugged tonight and see what its at in the morning.

Wow that's not bad.....im curious to see what a standard battery lasts for

Sent from the ROOT of all evil !!!!!

WagonMafia05 03-04-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c1971ace (Post 2497126)
Wow that's not bad.....im curious to see what a standard battery lasts for

Me too. When I bought my EVO it only came with the extended battery. The "better-half" will not let me buy a stock battery and back door.

c1971ace 03-04-2011 07:12 PM

There's actually a local craigslist ad where a guy is selling a couple of standard batteries a back door and a silicone case for $10. Only reason I haven't called is because I have 3 batteries already and I can't imagine having 6 of them lol.

emtownsend 03-04-2011 07:30 PM

So my GPS is toast. Won't work with or without wireless. Otherwise all is good. Maybe I do need that universal file?

WagonMafia05 03-04-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emtownsend (Post 2497136)
So my GPS is toast. Won't work with or without wireless. Otherwise all is good. Maybe I do need that universal file?

I don't think that will help. For some reason mine wouldn't work ether. Will yours even show up in the notification bar?

heavyd 03-04-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emtownsend

Quote:

I don't think that will help. For some reason mine wouldn't work ether. Will yours even show up in the notification bar?

Will one of you change your avatar lol Looks like someone talking to themselves using the app

Sent from my thread crapping EVO, because some threads just need a good crapping now and then

th3taman 03-04-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9xlt8 (Post 2497122)

Um, if you are flashing ROM that's going to quickly suck some power. Also, if you are flashing a ROM, are you reflashing the net-toastmod kernel each time? Flashing a ROM will wipe out the custom kernel. :thought:

Mercenary_ 03-04-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emtownsend (Post 2497136)

CM7 isn't 100% yet and some people are having issues with GPS. Mine comes on at random times and I have to turn it off and on to use navigation. Just have to wait til Team Douche fixes it.

Oh there is a fix but I don't know where it is and I'm not at my PC at the moment. Check out the CM7 thread at XDA or maybe one of the other guys in the thread could point you to it.

WagonMafia05 03-04-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyd (Post 2497147)
Will one of you change your avatar lol Looks like someone talking to themselves using the app

Sent from my thread crapping EVO, because some threads just need a good crapping now and then

Better mister easy to confuse?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2497152)
Um, if you are flashing ROM that's going to quickly suck some power. Also, if you are flashing a ROM, are you reflashing the net-toastmod kernel each time? Flashing a ROM will wipe out the custom kernel. :thought:

I nandroid backed up my Ultra Unleashed so when I went back to it it restored my kernal. But playing with the other roms I just had what ever kernal came stock.

emtownsend 03-04-2011 10:18 PM

Lol.... I'll have to find a different avatar.
Also it does show sometimes as well when it randomly comes on.

jakehale 03-05-2011 07:06 AM

ROM flashing is becoming an addiction almost, i think it is because its new to me...

tried a couple then went back to Kings Unleashed (not the new one). Does anyhere know how I can change the battery icon on the top? I tried one ROm and the battery icon was a circle, (loved that icon) but Kings has the battery looking ICON.... i like where i am at now except for that one icon. has anyone seen a mod that will work with KINGS and make the battery a circle?

thanks
jake

WagonMafia05 03-05-2011 07:27 AM

Well I finally plugged in the phone at 2:15am with 9% left. So that is 45hr 45mins of battery life. After I flashed to CM7 again and played around a bit and flashed back to Kings I only had 10% or so left and didn't want it to die or shutoff while I was sleeping. Not too bad if you ask me. Now which kernal to try out net..........

heavyd 03-05-2011 07:48 AM

Which kernal was that, and will it work with Fresh 3.5? I like the Rom itself, but would love a battery life like that. I realize that you used the extended battery

WagonMafia05 03-05-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyd (Post 2497244)
Which kernal was that, and will it work with Fresh 3.5? I like the Rom itself, but would love a battery life like that. I realize that you used the extended battery

As long as Fresh 3.5 is a Sense rom it should work. It is the Netarchy Toastmod - 4.3.2-cfs-sbc-havs-more. It should be the last one in left hand side.

http://www.qap.la/~netarchy/

badassdes 03-05-2011 11:32 AM

I'm using CM7/nightly #8 and the GPS is working perfectly. Wifi and 4G is also working well. I also wanted to say that it is the 1st time since I bought my EVO back in July 2010 that I'm having a better battery life. Even when I was using sense ROMs, my battery never lasted more than 10 hrs max with moderate usage, no wifi. Now it lasts more than 15 hrs with wifi always on.

i.e., yesterday I made aprox 8 calls, downloaded couple of songs, heavy usage on FB... Wifi ALWAYS on. I'm going to stick to this nightly since everything is working fine. Will change it only when HDMI is fixed on Cyanogen... Yeap, Cyanogen is my ROM of preference... :cool:

tool2269 03-05-2011 01:46 PM

Wirelessly posted (My Evo: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; PC36100 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:

Originally Posted by badassdes
I'm using CM7/nightly #8 and the GPS is working perfectly. Wifi and 4G is also working well. I also wanted to say that it is the 1st time since I bought my EVO back in July 2010 that I'm having a better battery life. Even when I was using sense ROMs, my battery never lasted more than 10 hrs max with moderate usage, no wifi. Now it lasts more than 15 hrs with wifi always on.

i.e., yesterday I made aprox 8 calls, downloaded couple of songs, heavy usage on FB... Wifi ALWAYS on. I'm going to stick to this nightly since everything is working fine. Will change it only when HDMI is fixed on Cyanogen... Yeap, Cyanogen is my ROM of preference... :cool:

Your in a Wifi area a majority of the time? There's a thread claiming Wifi isn't a battery killer. I still think keeping 3g off unless needed has helped me get over 20 hours on sense roms with SBC kernel

WagonMafia05 03-06-2011 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badassdes (Post 2497277)

I like all the customization and overall feel of CM7 but I can't get my GPS to work for the life of me. I even downloaded GPS Test from the market and on the bottom where it gives you all the information it would just sit there and continously load and never show up.

Just for kicks yesterday I tried Salvage-Mod 1.0 GB that is based off CM7 and my GPS would work. Until I can get my GPS to work and CM7 gets a little more polished I'll have to stay with my Kings rom.

th3taman 03-06-2011 08:19 AM

Have you all tried the GPS Fixed in the xda CM7 thread? It worked for me.

Also, saw yesterday that CyanogenMod will be available in a shipped phone via a one-click update. Wonder how many other custom ROMs have reached that status? :D

WagonMafia05 03-06-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2497457)
Have you all tried the GPS Fixed in the xda CM7 thread? It worked for me.

Also, saw yesterday that CyanogenMod will be available in a shipped phone via a one-click update. Wonder how many other custom ROMs have reached that status? :D

Yep. It didn't help at all for me. Where did you see that CyanogenMod would be on a shipped phone? I wanna read up on that.

th3taman 03-06-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9xlt8 (Post 2497458)
Yep. It didn't help at all for me. Where did you see that CyanogenMod would be on a shipped phone? I wanna read up on that.

It's a phone called Zero. I believe it's a European model. Saw it on his Twitter feed.

tbakergobuck 03-06-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tool2269 (Post 2497303)
Wirelessly posted (My Evo: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; PC36100 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Your in a Wifi area a majority of the time? There's a thread claiming Wifi isn't a battery killer. I still think keeping 3g off unless needed has helped me get over 20 hours on sense roms with SBC kernel

I really like this SBC htc 15 Kernel...Yesterday I was at home majority of the day which I use WiFi at home. After using my phone with light phone/text and medium web usage. After almost 23hrs I have 48% battery life left. :) I don't want to mess with anything.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ttery22hrs.jpg

WagonMafia05 03-06-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2497459)
It's a phone called Zero. I believe it's a European model. Saw it on his Twitter feed.

Nice. I'll have to keep an eye out for more info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck (Post 2497466)
I really like this SBC htc 15 Kernel...Yesterday I was at home majority of the day which I use WiFi at home. After using my phone with light phone/text and medium web usage. After almost 23hrs I have 48% battery life left. :) I don't want to mess with anything.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ttery22hrs.jpg

Not too shabby. I'll have to try that kernal.

heavyd 03-06-2011 11:36 AM

Link to said kernel please? Will it run on a Fresh Rom?

tbakergobuck 03-06-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyd (Post 2497490)
Link to said kernel please? Will it run on a Fresh Rom?

Ask Tool, Beer Abuser or Tman might know. I think someone fried there battery using a SBC kernal but I've been keeping a eye on it and it's been fine for 3 days now. I did read that sometimes it's hit or miss depending on what hardware you. I have 003. Also I try not to turn on/off when your phone is charging. I think it messes up the battery hack or something. Make sure you back up before hand and don't blame me if something goes wrong. :p

Post #2 HTC KERNEL #15 v7 (if it works for ya thank tool2269)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=876590

th3taman 03-06-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck (Post 2497536)
Ask Tool, Beer Abuser or Tman might know. I think someone fried there battery using a SBC kernal but I've been keeping a eye on it and it's been fine for 3 days now. I did read that sometimes it's hit or miss depending on what hardware you. I have 003. Also I try not to turn on/off when your phone is charging. I think it messes up the battery hack or something. Make sure you back up before hand and don't blame me if something goes wrong. :p

HDQ...the one he references will work for Fresh. I think you should be fine as long as you don't leave it plugged in and it stays continual hot charging even after reaching 100%. I definitely notice a difference as I'm using an SBC kernel on CM7, but what I'm using won't work on Fresh.

The people that had problems were a few and I haven't heard of more people continual having problems. It may degrade the battery quicker than normal, but not sure....but it would only be something you might notice after a year or more.

Also, did hear you might not want to try with a cheap chinese knock off battery....that could introduce more risks.

Diana Prince 03-06-2011 02:30 PM

I decided to try that sbc kernel with Kings and so far I am impressed. 26 hours and I'm at 56%. I keep a battery temperature widget handy because I too have heard about sbc kernels and overheating phones. So far, so good.

Sent from my Invisible Jet using SprintUsers Forum

tbakergobuck 03-06-2011 02:36 PM

What's the name of the battery temperature widget and what SBC Kernel are you using? ^

th3taman 03-06-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck
What's the name of the battery temperature widget? ^

Battery Indicator is what I use. Also, Battery Monitor Widget works. The first one puts an Indicator in the taskbar and you can see the temp in the pull down of the taskbar.

----------------
Sent from my Kyrocera Echo, injected with CM7 awesomeness

heavyd 03-06-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman

HDQ...the one he references will work for Fresh. I think you should be fine as long as you don't leave it plugged in and it stays continual hot charging even after reaching 100%. I definitely notice a difference as I'm using an SBC kernel on CM7, but what I'm using won't work on Fresh.

The people that had problems were a few and I haven't heard of more people continual having problems. It may degrade the battery quicker than normal, but not sure....but it would only be something you might notice after a year or more.

Also, did hear you might not want to try with a cheap chinese knock off battery....that could introduce more risks.

Thanks Greg. I never plug my phone in, so that won't be an issue. I will give it a try

heavyd 03-06-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Thanks tbay

c1971ace 03-06-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyd
Thanks tbay

So is this kernal working well with Kings rom? Also the majority of the time I am running those chinese batteries because I have two of them. Am I taking a big risk trying this kernal?

Diana Prince 03-06-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana Prince (Post 2497541)
I decided to try that sbc kernel with Kings and so far I am impressed. 26 hours and I'm at 56%. I keep a battery temperature widget handy because I too have heard about sbc kernels and overheating phones. So far, so good.

Sent from my Invisible Jet using SprintUsers Forum

SBC Kernel is the 2.6.32.27-netarchy-toastmod-4.3.2-cfs-sbc-havs-more natas@linphetamine-vm #6...whew. Don't know if there is a shortcut name for it but that's it in a nutshell.

I use Elixir for batt temp and storage info.

tool2269 03-06-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks tbay

If it blows up in your face blame heavyd

c1971ace 03-06-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana Prince

SBC Kernel is the 2.6.32.27-netarchy-toastmod-4.3.2-cfs-sbc-havs-more natas@linphetamine-vm #6...whew. Don't know if there is a shortcut name for it but that's it in a nutshell.

I use Elixir for batt temp and storage info.

Im using the 4.3.1 kernal and it has been working well. Im three days into it and im noticing my battery life has been better...I may just stick with this one.

heavyd 03-06-2011 04:42 PM

What is the ''danger'' temp for a battery. I installed the one that tool GUARANTEED would not blow up in my face lol.....just need to know what temp to look for

Noodle 03-06-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

What is the ''danger'' temp for a battery. I installed the one that tool GUARANTEED would not blow up in my face lol.....just need to know what temp to look for

You shouldn't have to worry about temp unless you leave it on the charger for like a week straight.

heavyd 03-06-2011 05:03 PM

Do you have a number though? I understand what you are saying, just wondering what kinda temps people run

Noodle 03-06-2011 05:04 PM

So I decided I'm going to wipe my phone and start from scratch instead of a backup of apps and stuff. Cleaning house of sorts.

How the hell do I keeps my market apps from automatically reinstalling.

Noodle 03-06-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Do you have a number though? I understand what you are saying, just wondering what kinda temps people run

I don't remember the exact numbers but I think it's in the low 100's like 110 and under for safe temps

heavyd 03-06-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle
So I decided I'm going to wipe my phone and start from scratch instead of a backup of apps and stuff. Cleaning house of sorts.

Do you mean updating? Never heard of automatically reinstalling

th3taman 03-06-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c1971ace (Post 2497578)
So is this kernal working well with Kings rom? Also the majority of the time I am running those chinese batteries because I have two of them. Am I taking a big risk trying this kernal?

Well there has been speculation that the cheap Asian batteries cause problems anyway and that adding SBC could make it worse. If you have a bigger sized battery I don't know that I would mess with it honestly. Not worth the risk to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle (Post 2497625)

Are you using CM7? That's the only ROM I know that does that. It will automatically install any apps you had previously installed. It doesn't install any apps that I have bought but didn't have installed. Uninstall apps that you don't before wiping and flashing next time.

thekarens 03-06-2011 06:30 PM

Actually google with the new market will auto reinstall. In my experience it reinstalls some, but not all.

Noodle 03-06-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekarens
Actually google with the new market will auto reinstall. In my experience it reinstalls some, but not all.

Yeah what he said. :-)

Diana Prince 03-06-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyd (Post 2497624)

My batt temp typically resides in the low 80's to mid 90's.

Now, in addition to the Elixir widget I have battery indicator pro (bip). I use bip for my battery indicator primarily but it shows your temps in the pull down screen as well. If I remember correctly bip will show your battery temp as overheating if it gets too high. I remember thinking my phone was really warm one day and sure enough I saw "overheat" (or something like that) next to my temp. It's a paid app.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle (Post 2497622)
You shouldn't have to worry about temp unless you leave it on the charger for like a week straight.

My battery has gotten hot all on its own before. I would usually brag, but this time I don't think it was me. ;)

heavyd 03-06-2011 08:47 PM

It musta been while sending me a pm, cause some of those suckers are hawt ;)

tbakergobuck 03-06-2011 09:12 PM

Damn there already working on a Kings 3. :)

tool2269 03-06-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck (Post 2497764)

what could they possibly do different other than themes at this point??

heavyd 03-06-2011 11:45 PM

Make tbay have premature eromulation.......Did someone say ''spooky ghost''?

WagonMafia05 03-07-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Where did you find this at?

Post made possible by reading rainbow.

WagonMafia05 03-07-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Where did you find this at?

Found where he posted over at xda. I don't know what else he could be changing.

c1971ace 03-07-2011 12:51 PM

Maybe he's completely removing sense altogether....

th3taman 03-07-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c1971ace (Post 2497978)
Maybe he's completely removing sense altogether....

That would be awesome! :clap: :D

heavyd 03-07-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman

That would be awesome! :clap: :D

Tbay completely removed his sense long ago

th3taman 03-07-2011 02:09 PM

For whatever reason CM #13 says my SD Card is damaged. If I go back CM #11 it works fine. :scratch: I hope this gets fixed in #14. :fingers:

tbakergobuck 03-07-2011 02:27 PM

I don't miss messing with that crap. ^ lol I'm very happy with Kings2. I don't care what there doing for Kings3 but it's nice to know that he's already started working on it. :thought:

th3taman 03-07-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck (Post 2498036)
I don't miss messing with that crap. ^ lol I'm very happy with Kings2. I don't care what there doing for Kings3 but it's nice to know that he's already started working on it. :thought:

Egh, quit being a wuss! :hee:

susweel 03-07-2011 02:38 PM

anybody running any different themes on Kings2 ??

c1971ace 03-07-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

I am as well....im thinking the only way it could be better is if sense is completely removed or he is adding sense 2.0.

Mercenary_ 03-07-2011 07:35 PM

CM7 RC2 is out, download it at http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=supersonic

TonyTurboII 03-07-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercenary_ (Post 2498204)

4g?

heavyd 03-08-2011 03:32 AM

I'm both physically and emotionally beat.....ugh

tbakergobuck 03-08-2011 03:39 AM

Wrong sex fourm... ^

*Sent from C3P69 using SprintUsers Forum Running Kings2 Rom on my SeXy EvO*

Beer Abuser 03-08-2011 04:27 AM

:lol:

Sent from my HTC Supersonic Thread Killer with Awesome Sauce - Put It on Your Pipe & Smoke it!

WagonMafia05 03-08-2011 05:51 AM

With the RC2 out now I may just switch over Cyanogenmod. I downloaded it before I got to work so I can play with it when I get home. Really the only thing keeping me from CM7 is the GPS problem. If that is fixed with RC2 or nightly 14 it may just push me to the dark side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTurboII

4g?

They have had 4g working for a while now.

th3taman 03-08-2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTurboII (Post 2498279)
4g?

4G was available in the CM7 nightlies a week or two ago. Should be included in RC2. :tu:

Mercenary_ 03-08-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9xlt8 (Post 2498345)
With the RC2 out now I may just switch over Cyanogenmod. I downloaded it before I got to work so I can play with it when I get home. Really the only thing keeping me from CM7 is the GPS problem. If that is fixed with RC2 or nightly 14 it may just push me to the dark side.

I was going to try out King's and one of those evil Evo Destroying kernels but RC2 had to come out and ruin that plan :cool:

Anyone else thinking about switching sides?

tbakergobuck 03-08-2011 11:58 AM

I'll probably try RC2 sometime but as of now I'm good with Kings2.

th3taman 03-08-2011 01:22 PM

Using Kings Ultra R2 till I go home and try and fix a problem on CM7 on my PC. Kings is nice, but I've hardly set anything back up on it because it just takes so much time to do it.

There needs to be an easier way to restore settings, data, and apps. That's what keeps me for switching more...all the hassle.

Gmail on Kings seems blurry? :scratch:

tool2269 03-08-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2498522)
There needs to be an easier way to restore settings, data, and apps

titanium backup:thought:

th3taman 03-08-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTurboII (Post 2498279)
4g?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tool2269 (Post 2498538)
titanium backup:thought:

Nope, doesn't always work properly between AOSP and Sense ROMs.

xStriderx 03-08-2011 02:20 PM

A problem occured over night with my Kings ROM. Literally while I was asleep I don't know how it happened but now I can't connect to the internet or make phone calls. When I try to dial *2 to get in contact with Sprint I get this message "Sorry! The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Weird. Can someone explain to me what I need to do to get my phone working again.

tool2269 03-08-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2498560)
Nope, doesn't always work properly between AOSP and Sense ROMs.

yeah i dont even know why i keep recommending it. it sometimes installs things over roms that i dont want installed. such as the ugly voicemail app icon. i even tell it to not install voicemail app. eh oh well.

th3taman 03-08-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tool2269 (Post 2498580)
yeah i dont even know why i keep recommending it. it sometimes installs things over roms that i dont want installed. such as the ugly voicemail app icon. i even tell it to not install voicemail app. eh oh well.

I use it, it just isn't as good as I want it to be. That's all.

Diana Prince 03-08-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyd (Post 2498329)
I'm both physically and emotionally beat.....ugh

That's how I leave 'em after I love 'em. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xStriderx (Post 2498562)
A problem occured over night with my Kings ROM. Literally while I was asleep I don't know how it happened but now I can't connect to the internet or make phone calls. When I try to dial *2 to get in contact with Sprint I get this message "Sorry! The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Weird. Can someone explain to me what I need to do to get my phone working again.

This did happen to me once. I still don't know what caused it but a reboot fixed everything.

Ok. In a moment of flash whorin' rage I flashed a ROM called VaelPak v3.2 RC1. Kings was doing fine and I wasn't having any issues. I'm just a flash whore and there is no other explanation. I saw it sitting there in the ROM list and with the word *new* sitting next to it and I couldn't help myself. Anyway, the ROM isn't bad. I haven't had much time to play with it because I have huge Arson trial this week but so far so good. I have not abandoned Kings. Kings is by far my favorite ROM. I'm just cheatin' a bit because that's what flash whores do. :D This ROM is very interesting. It has no sense and is extremely customizable.

th3taman 03-08-2011 03:53 PM

I'm cheating with Kings Ultra R2 right now. No one tell CM7. :secret:

Diana Prince 03-08-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2498607)
I'm cheating with Kings Ultra R2 right now. No one tell CM7. :secret:

As much as you go on about non-sense ROMs??? I'M TELLING!!! :whisper:

heavyd 03-08-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana Prince

That's how I leave 'em after I love 'em. :)

You were worth every penny....err, minute

tool2269 03-08-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xStriderx (Post 2498562)

reboot?
make a backup, then try restoring it after wiping everything?
i dunno, kings thread might actually be your best bet.

i remember on kings1 getting force closes each time i wanted to check my battery stats. but then kings2 came out and i never followed up w/ it.