SprintUsers.com

SprintUsers.com (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/index.php)
-   HTC (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   EVO Custom ROM's Thread (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209631)

KB112 01-31-2011 03:38 PM

Okay I flashed a Cyanogen Mod ROM last night (6 I think with Wimax)and played with it for an hour. Man, that thing was blazing fast. Loaded pics and so forth super fast in the gallery. Now I wasn't around my pc, but I could not get it to login to my Google account at all. So I dunno what the deal was there. I just flashed my recovery back to a current nandroid for MYN's 5.

Beer Abuser 02-01-2011 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB112

Just don't try to flash an Amon Ra back up using Clockwork, or vice versa. An experienced member I know on XDA did this on accident and it took him two days of troubleshooting to "unbrick" his phone. Couldn't even get the orange led to light up the first day.

KB

Good to keep in mind! :tu:

MattWeed9 02-01-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB112
Okay I flashed a Cyanogen Mod ROM last night (6 I think with Wimax)and played with it for an hour. Man, that thing was blazing fast. Loaded pics and so forth super fast in the gallery. Now I wasn't around my pc, but I could not get it to login to my Google account at all. So I dunno what the deal was there. I just flashed my recovery back to a current nandroid for MYN's 5.

That is pretty strange. Not meant as a insult but, are you sure you downloaded the right gapps?

tbakergobuck 02-01-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2479567)
Tbay, told me you don't wipe at all? :hee:

Don't bring me into your gals love fest or else I will have to report u. :hee:

KB112 02-01-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9 (Post 2480003)
That is pretty strange. Not meant as a insult but, are you sure you downloaded the right gapps?

That was the issue Homey! lol I did a little more research when I had some time and downloaded Gapps. I didn't know about the whole Cease and Desist he was hit with a few years back and that I had to load those separately. I did this last night and got it up and running though with no issues. :) Insult away! lol It was my bad for not doing my normal research on a ROM before flashing.

KB

th3taman 02-01-2011 11:18 AM

Tbay, just thought I would let you know that I was able to use Sprint VVM and list to my voicemail just fine on CM7. I did get the 9016 text, but blacklisted on Handcent. Will see if I get it again next time I get a voicemail, if I haven't changed ROMs again before then. :lol:

MattWeed9 02-01-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB112 (Post 2480071)
That was the issue Homey! lol I did a little more research when I had some time and downloaded Gapps. I didn't know about the whole Cease and Desist he was hit with a few years back and that I had to load those separately. I did this last night and got it up and running though with no issues. :) Insult away! lol It was my bad for not doing my normal research on a ROM before flashing.

KB

LOL, I guess I had high hopes. I figured you had at least installed the gapps addon, just maybe not the right one for GB. :laughing:

Glad you figured it out though. :headbang2

MattWeed9 02-01-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2480085)
Tbay, just thought I would let you know that I was able to use Sprint VVM and list to my voicemail just fine on CM7. I did get the 9016 text, but blacklisted on Handcent. Will see if I get it again next time I get a voicemail, if I haven't changed ROMs again before then. :lol:


Anytime I use Cyanogen I just set it up to use Google Voice-mail. I've never seem to of had any problems with it that way.

th3taman 02-01-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9 (Post 2480091)
Anytime I use Cyanogen I just set it up to use Google Voice-mail. I've never seem to of had any problems with it that way.

I hardly ever get voicemails so it isn't a big deal for me. Tbay gets them all the time, so trying to help him out.

MattWeed9 02-01-2011 04:24 PM

So I feel dirty like you do when you have had to much to drink and sleep with a Ex that you have no desire to really get back with. It was just one of those, seems fun at the moment things. Ug....

Tried VirusRom and I like what the guy is doing with the Rom, it's just not quite there yet for me though. Seemed to run a little laggy and had a few bugs, one being a messaging error. Dropped it and instead of going back to Mikfroyo, tried a CM7 nightly. Waste of my morning.

Back with MikFroyo, and trying a new kernel with a setcpu profile for screen off. Heard some good things as far as battery life go's with this combo. Guess I will find out tonight.

KB112 02-01-2011 04:31 PM

I'm diggin CM6 right now, not too shabby. I have never used a launcher before, so it's kinda fun to play with. I added that weather/clock from the Optimus release. Not bad, but doesn't sit where I like it. So I went back to my fave Beautiful Widgets.
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...201_141259.png
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...201_135525.png
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...201_135746.png

BrettW 02-01-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB112 (Post 2480246)
I'm diggin CM6 right now, not too shabby. I have never used a launcher before, so it's kinda fun to play with. I added that weather/clock from the Optimus release. Not bad, but doesn't sit where I like it. So I went back to my fave Beautiful Widgets.
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...201_141259.png
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...201_135525.png
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...201_135746.png

it still scares me how close you live to me lol!

KB112 02-01-2011 04:37 PM

I know.....you look so peaceful when your sleeping. J/K! lol
But seriously, the new furniture looks great...from what I can see.

BrettW 02-01-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB112 (Post 2480250)
I know.....you look so peaceful when your sleeping. J/K! lol
But seriously, the new furniture looks great...from what I can see.

i wish i had control of the decor but alas i just rent a room :-)

TonyTurboII 02-01-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9 (Post 2480091)
Anytime I use Cyanogen I just set it up to use Google Voice-mail. I've never seem to of had any problems with it that way.

Just went to CM7, im really liking it.

How did you set it up to manage your voicemail?

Diana Prince 02-01-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9 (Post 2480244)
So I feel dirty like you do when you have had to much to drink and sleep with a Ex that you have no desire to really get back with. It was just one of those, seems fun at the moment things. Ug....

Tried VirusRom and I like what the guy is doing with the Rom, it's just not quite there yet for me though. Seemed to run a little laggy and had a few bugs, one being a messaging error. Dropped it and instead of going back to Mikfroyo, tried a CM7 nightly. Waste of my morning.

Back with MikFroyo, and trying a new kernel with a setcpu profile for screen off. Heard some good things as far as battery life go's with this combo. Guess I will find out tonight.

MikFroyo is stable, cool to look at and just plain works. I always find myself coming back to it. Keep us posted about the kernel. I read some links at xda about this as well and have been contemplating the flash.

th3taman 02-01-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9 (Post 2480244)
So I feel dirty like you do when you have had to much to drink and sleep with a Ex that you have no desire to really get back with. It was just one of those, seems fun at the moment things. Ug....

Tried VirusRom and I like what the guy is doing with the Rom, it's just not quite there yet for me though. Seemed to run a little laggy and had a few bugs, one being a messaging error. Dropped it and instead of going back to Mikfroyo, tried a CM7 nightly. Waste of my morning.

Back with MikFroyo, and trying a new kernel with a setcpu profile for screen off. Heard some good things as far as battery life go's with this combo. Guess I will find out tonight.

What's wrong with CM7?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB112 (Post 2480246)
I'm diggin CM6 right now, not too shabby. I have never used a launcher before, so it's kinda fun to play with. I added that weather/clock from the Optimus release. Not bad, but doesn't sit where I like it. So I went back to my fave Beautiful Widgets.
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...201_141259.png

What's wrong with the Optimus weather/clock? I just resize it with my Launcher? Although yours, looks slightly different than mine. Try the one in post 8 of this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=915475

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTurboII (Post 2480257)
Just went to CM7, im really liking it.

How did you set it up to manage your voicemail?

I just use a Sprint VVM apk?

MattWeed9 02-01-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTurboII

Just went to CM7, im really liking it.

How did you set it up to manage your voicemail?

You can use the VVM.apk but if you want to use Google Voice mail then just install voice if it isn't pre installed and run it. I just set it up to use only the voice mail and not make calls. to me it was better then the error messages I got with VVM. Never thought about just blocking it with handcent like thetaman said.

And as for CM7, it just seems to run funky on my phone the last few builds I've tried. I'd rather go back to 6.1.2 until there is a stable release.

The kernel I wknd using is in my Sig, I am going to try a few.out throughout the week to see what works the best. I read that some of them seem to work better while using the phone but, not as well when idle. So using setcpu with a screen off profile should on theory balance it all out. I think if I could even get half of the battery life I get with AOSP Roms, I'd stick with MikFroyo for a long long while.

KB112 02-01-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2480273)
What's wrong with the Optimus weather/clock? I just resize it with my Launcher? Although yours, looks slightly different than mine. Try the one in post 8 of this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=915475

I'm using the one from post 8. I just like my clocks real compact is all. Thats why I like the smaller home weather widget for Beautiful Widgets. I can't tuck the Optimus clock all the way up to the top. I tried resizing it like 3-4 different ways. Just didn't like the layout of it.

On a side note...perhaps it's my kernel...but I am getting some shiddy battery life with CM6. I mean it's real bad, I'm off work today and barely doing anything with my phone aside from some texting and a lil bit of surfing. I was getting great life on Myns RLS5 and and a Netarchy kernel with SUV. I'm at 11% right now, unplugged pretty much all day, except to load a few things, when it was plugged in for a short time. My use today is about 40% of my normal daily use at work, when I am streaming Slacker/Pandora over 3G and surfing on my break. I really thought this was supposed to kick azz in the batter department.

Cell standby is at 37%, Phone idle 32% and Android System 23%.

tbakergobuck 02-01-2011 10:37 PM

I flashed cm7 and had issues with vvm again. :irked: I tried google voice and it's working this time so I think I like it. Not sure what happened last time I tried it.

TonyTurboII 02-01-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck (Post 2480485)
I flashed cm7 and had issues with vvm again. :irked: I tried google voice and it's working this time so I think I like it. Not sure what happened last time I tried it.

What was the problem with VVM?

fatboy 02-02-2011 08:45 PM

Warm Z TwoPointTwo Nightlies :)

fatboy 02-02-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy (Post 2481049)
Warm Z TwoPointTwo Nightlies :)

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g4/fatboypup/mail.jpg

Noodle 02-02-2011 11:40 PM

I'm about to try out the Warm Z nightly myself. How ya liking it so far fatboy.

If only I could get more than 80Kb/sec on my download. Man 30min is forever when you have a 12Mb/sec connection.

MattWeed9 02-03-2011 06:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Keep in mind, for the last 8 hours I have been sleeping but, this is still up there with some of the best battery life I have gotten on a Sense Rom. Should be good to go too for a while seems Ivan at 79% right now on stock battery. This kernel might be a keeper.

Noodle 02-03-2011 12:16 PM

Wow Myn's Warm Z is sweet. I really hope the EVO get's an official update to Sense 2

th3taman 02-03-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle (Post 2481372)
Wow Myn's Warm Z is sweet. I really hope the EVO get's an official update to Sense 2

Where is the Warm Z thread? I can't find it on XDA? :scratch:

MattWeed9 02-03-2011 01:58 PM

Well, after ten minutes of googling, all I found was one post on a Evo forum from the 30th Jan, saying Z is now in beta testing for the Evo... oh, and there is a Z Rom for the incredible already.

Noodle 02-03-2011 04:20 PM

Sorry it might just be for Myn donators. I just got an email about it.

EDIT: looks like it is a work in progress Myn is working on and has released early for donators.

It has functional htcsense.com cloud based services like themes. Remote phone lock and wipe.

One feature I like is it has a live wallpaper that is a slideshow. You pick a folder you want to use and it will cycle through the pictures in that folder when the phone comes out of wake.

Lots of other features I'm still looking through. fatboy is running it too.

fatboy 02-03-2011 05:01 PM

I'm back on rls 5 its not ready for daily use for me

Noodle 02-03-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy
I'm back on rls 5 its not ready for daily use for me

Well where is the fun in that. So far I've gotten to work well. I just need to see how it works on a full charge.

Sense 2 is definitely feature packed.

MattWeed9 02-03-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle

Well where is the fun in that. So far I've gotten to work well. I just need to see how it works on a full charge.

Sense 2 is definitely feature packed.

Where is this site to donate?

fatboy 02-03-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9 (Post 2481610)
Where is this site to donate?

prolly a paypal link in his sig

Noodle 02-03-2011 08:28 PM

yeah go to this thread and there is a Donate button near the bottom of the first post.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=793471

MattWeed9 02-03-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle
yeah go to this thread and there is a Donate button near the bottom of the first post.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=793471

Thanks guys.

KB112 02-03-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle (Post 2481530)
Sorry it might just be for Myn donators. I just got an email about it.

EDIT: looks like it is a work in progress Myn is working on and has released early for donators.

It has functional htcsense.com cloud based services like themes. Remote phone lock and wipe.

One feature I like is it has a live wallpaper that is a slideshow. You pick a folder you want to use and it will cycle through the pictures in that folder when the phone comes out of wake.

Lots of other features I'm still looking through. fatboy is running it too.

Myn does not require Beta Testers to be donors. He has said it on XDA quite a few times FYI. Just clearing the air as its a lil rumor he doesn't like floating around. As long as you are a supporter of his work and will give legit help on his Betas he will link you up. However a donation wont hurt your chances either. lol

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=33003

Noodle 02-03-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB112 (Post 2481650)
Myn does not require Beta Testers to be donors. He has said it on XDA quite a few times FYI. Just clearing the air as its a lil rumor he doesn't like floating around. As long as you are a supporter of his work and will give legit help on his Betas he will link you up. However a donation wont hurt your chances either. lol

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=33003

Good to know. I'm still glad to support his work. I just assumed since I haven't seen anything about his new work in progress yet.

In that case here is a copy of the email I got but looks like you can just PM Myn over at xda and get added to the list.

Quote:

Links and information removed per the request of myn as it is a private beta

MattWeed9 02-03-2011 10:20 PM

All of this HTC stuff on Myn's Z is what is on the VirusRom I just was using. Well, maybe not everything but, most of it. It is pretty neat, hopefully it is not long before they are a little more stable.

KB112 02-03-2011 11:09 PM

Myn For The Wyn! :)

Noodle 02-04-2011 12:18 AM

One huge thing I noticed with Warm Z is that Facebook doesn't sync all your facebook friends. well you have to tweak a few settings but it works the way it should.

Once you have Facebook for HTC installed you then run Facebook for Android and the Android app handles Contact syncs and the HTC app handles Live Feed etc for Friendstream.

This way you can just select to sync contacts with existing ones.

Myn FTW

Norwester 02-04-2011 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9 (Post 2481704)
All of this HTC stuff on Myn's Z is what is on the VirusRom I just was using. Well, maybe not everything but, most of it. It is pretty neat, hopefully it is not long before they are a little more stable.

Myn and virus work together on quite a bit of this stuff especially the Z and HD roms. Myns on the webchat at infectedrom most of the time. And there has been talk of a collaboration between the two on a future ROM which would RAWK! :headbang2 :fingers:

flipn0tic 02-04-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle (Post 2481741)
One huge thing I noticed with Warm Z is that Facebook doesn't sync all your facebook friends. well you have to tweak a few settings but it works the way it should.

Once you have Facebook for HTC installed you then run Facebook for Android and the Android app handles Contact syncs and the HTC app handles Live Feed etc for Friendstream.

This way you can just select to sync contacts with existing ones.

Myn FTW

Wasn't this also the case for twopointtwo? I ran RLS4 and am currently running RLS5 and had to go through the same process (having both Facebook for HTC and Android installed).

th3taman 02-04-2011 07:35 AM

I'm really tempted to try the new Warm Z. Any major things not working like Wifi?

fatboy 02-04-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2481785)
I'm really tempted to try the new Warm Z. Any major things not working like Wifi?

wifi works i believe 4g does not

unbreakableblue 02-04-2011 09:19 AM

Is anybody having issues w/the web market? The OTA installs have not been working for me and I don't know if it's because I'm running a custom rom (Myn's warm RLS5) or what. I checked over at XDA, but can't seem to find a common link b/w people having problems. That, and the fact that ROM threads move so fast you have to read 15 pages just to know what happened in the last hour have got me a little frustrated. Surely I can't be the only one the market isn't working for?

th3taman 02-04-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unbreakableblue (Post 2481812)
Is anybody having issues w/the web market? The OTA installs have not been working for me and I don't know if it's because I'm running a custom rom (Myn's warm RLS5) or what. I checked over at XDA, but can't seem to find a common link b/w people having problems. That, and the fact that ROM threads move so fast you have to read 15 pages just to know what happened in the last hour have got me a little frustrated. Surely I can't be the only one the market isn't working for?

Just want to make sure that I understand you correctly, you are trying to install apps OTA from the Android Market website? If so, I did read one of the Android/Mobile blogs stating they were having some problems having the Market website recognize their Hero on a custom ROM.

I'm running CM7 and was able to install one app via OTA, but it didn't show immediately, might have been a delay of at least 30 minutes? And didn't start downloading till I opened up the market on my phone.

As this is new, I'm sure there are still some bugs to be worked out.

MattWeed9 02-04-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwester
Myn and virus work together on quite a bit of this stuff especially the Z and HD roms. Myns on the webchat at infectedrom most of the time. And there has been talk of a collaboration between the two on a future ROM which would RAWK! :headbang2 :fingers:

Yeah it would! Warm Z seems a little more stable then VirusRom was on my phone.

Noodle 02-04-2011 12:51 PM

Market is working fine for me on Warm Z. So far Warm Z seems pretty stable for me. I'm having issues with my Exchange calendar giving me a sync error but mail and what not works fine so it's probably an issue with my work exchange server. Some little things like the front camera doesn't work at the moment but I believe that is because neither the HD or Z have front cameras and the Rom is based on those.

EDIT: here is a bug list. Some of these I haven't had issues with though.

https://code.google.com/p/warm-z-two...se/issues/list

th3taman 02-04-2011 02:39 PM

I've done it! I switched to a Sense based ROM! :ohcrap:

I haven't run a Sense based ROM since I October I think. I'm trying out Myn's Warm Z. Will see if I like it and stick with it.

Diana Prince 02-04-2011 02:52 PM

Trying KINGSrom Ultra. So far it is smooth.

th3taman 02-04-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana Prince (Post 2482011)
Trying KINGSrom Ultra. So far it is smooth.

I just switched to Warm Z...I won't be switching for at least a couple days.

th3taman 02-04-2011 04:02 PM

Really not liking the fact that I have to completely setup my Go Launcher and other apps again. I used Titanium backup and has restored data to some apps. But apps that evidently require more config, no such luck. :(

Really wondering if I'm going to get what I want out of Warm Z. It "looks" nice, but not as much customization as CM7. And I really just don't get Sense. It seems so limited after using Zeam, Go, and LP launchers. :scratch:

I do like the themed black Swype! That is nice! Default keyboard looks good, but without the ability to automatically space after selecting a word...makes it useless to me because I keep creating run on words.

Noodle 02-04-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2482041)
Really not liking the fact that I have to completely setup my Go Launcher and other apps again. I used Titanium backup and has restored data to some apps. But apps that evidently require more config, no such luck. :(

Really wondering if I'm going to get what I want out of Warm Z. It "looks" nice, but not as much customization as CM7. And I really just don't get Sense. It seems so limited after using Zeam, Go, and LP launchers. :scratch:

I do like the themed black Swype! That is nice! Default keyboard looks good, but without the ability to automatically space after selecting a word...makes it useless to me because I keep creating run on words.

I tried Zeam and didn't really like it. to basic and didn't seam any better than the plain launcher.

th3taman 02-04-2011 07:39 PM

Ok, back on CM7.

I was really annoyed with the fact that coming from CM7 to Warm Z...I was having to set EVERYTHING up again. None of my settings stuck when restoring with Titanium Backup, I had already spent like two hours getting my phone the way I wanted...and everytime I went to use something I had to remember how I had it set up and had to redo it. I never had this issue switch between AOSP ROMs like CM6, MIUI, or CM7.

I liked the black theme of Myn.... aesthetically the ROM looked really nice. But I have no use for all the HTC stuff or Sense, which kind of made the ROM pointless to me. I went right back to Go Launcher after 10 minutes because it was taking me so much longer to do stuff than I was used to doing. Plus, Warm Z added over 65 MB of internal memory! :ohcrap: I'm guessing it was all the Sense and HTC bloatware that I wouldn't use anyway? If I were a Sense ROM user, I would prefer this over most for sure...if I could safely remove some of the HTC bloatware.

Tried, taking the Swype apk off the ROM (cause it looked REAL nice!) but it won't install on CM7? :( Really annoyed that I still can't use Swype on CM7 and that was one of my favorite things about the ROM...it was a very nicely themed Swype.

Diana Prince 02-04-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana Prince (Post 2482011)
Trying KINGSrom Ultra. So far it is smooth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2482018)
I just switched to Warm Z...I won't be switching for at least a couple days.

LOL. I was just saying that I was trying the rom, not that you should try it. You can try it though...if you want. :)

tbakergobuck 02-04-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTurboII (Post 2480513)
What was the problem with VVM?

Sorry we had a bad storm that took power out for a few days. With all ASOP Roms I get a stuck vvm icon and have issues with vvm. With CM7 (22) I get a stuck vm icon but I can clear it. I couldn't get vvm to work with that Rom but google vm is working.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana Prince (Post 2482011)
Trying KINGSrom Ultra. So far it is smooth.

Pretty sure I tried this last week but can't remember why I didn't stick with it longer. lol

th3taman 02-04-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana Prince

LOL. I was just saying that I was trying the rom, not that you should try it. You can try it though...if you want. :)

Sorry, I sometimes forget the world doesn't resolve around me. :lol:

Sent from my EVO, injected with CM7 awesomeness

Diana Prince 02-04-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck (Post 2482123)
Pretty sure I tried this last week but can't remember why I didn't stick with it longer. lol

I love it. I'm now currently downloading Kings Ultra Froyo updated today. A few reports say it's blazin' fast. I just love the look.

TonyTurboII 02-04-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2482106)
Really annoyed that I still can't use Swype on CM7 and that was one of my favorite things about the ROM...it was a very nicely themed Swype.

Not having any problems with my Swype on CM7.

Honestly I like the Gingerbread keyboard a lot, so ive barely used it.

th3taman 02-05-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTurboII (Post 2482190)
Not having any problems with my Swype on CM7.

Honestly I like the Gingerbread keyboard a lot, so ive barely used it.

How?

MattWeed9 02-05-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2482106)
Ok, back on CM7.

I was really annoyed with the fact that coming from CM7 to Warm Z...I was having to set EVERYTHING up again. None of my settings stuck when restoring with Titanium Backup, I had already spent like two hours getting my phone the way I wanted...and everytime I went to use something I had to remember how I had it set up and had to redo it. I never had this issue switch between AOSP ROMs like CM6, MIUI, or CM7.

Yeah backing up on Sense then restoring to AOSP and vice versa will cause some issues. It's best to just stick with one or the other is you are fond of Titanium.

tbakergobuck 02-05-2011 07:29 PM

Trying this - Koni's ELITE Series I - (02-04-11) - Beauty meets Speed!!! I like the way it looks.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=941055

TonyTurboII 02-05-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2482251)
How?

More details are needed.

th3taman 02-06-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTurboII (Post 2482508)
More details are needed.

Trying to install a swype.apk doesn't just work. Trying to install via swype's website doesn't work either because it tells you to get it through your EVO Sprint update. It's not in the CM7 ROM so I'm looking for a possible way to use it.

MattWeed9 02-06-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman

Trying to install a swype.apk doesn't just work. Trying to install via swype's website doesn't work either because it tells you to get it through your EVO Sprint update. It's not in the CM7 ROM so I'm looking for a possible way to use it.

Maybe look for a flashable one or try pushing it with ADB.

Sent from Warm Z using SprintUsers Forum

TonyTurboII 02-06-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman

Trying to install a swype.apk doesn't just work. Trying to install via swype's website doesn't work either because it tells you to get it through your EVO Sprint update. It's not in the CM7 ROM so I'm looking for a possible way to use it.

2.6.47.11856 is the version I'm using. I found the apk searching Google and installed it without any problems on CM7.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3G using the SprintUsers Forum App

MsRandall 02-08-2011 09:35 AM

I killed my evo...endless reboot...Ive tried everything...One thing learned is dont use clockwork...I cant get it loaded and have 3 backups on my card...

Going in late and stopping by the Sprint store on the way to work...I know they will give me hell too.

Tried to upgrade to Mikfroyo 4.5 knowing I love 4.1...downloaded the clear lockscreen...phone working great until I got ready for bed at 10pm...Put it on the charger and it started the endless loop

Beer Abuser 02-08-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsRandall
I killed my evo...endless reboot...Ive tried everything...One thing learned is dont use clockwork...I cant get it loaded and have 3 backups on my card...

Going in late and stopping by the Sprint store on the way to work...I know they will give me hell too.

Tried to upgrade to Mikfroyo 4.5 knowing I love 4.1...downloaded the clear lockscreen...phone working great until I got ready for bed at 10pm...Put it on the charger and it started the endless loop

Have you tried booting phone without sd?

Removing .zip rom related files from sd?

Sent from my HTC Supersonic, via SprintUsers Forum App & a Mule with No Name.

tbakergobuck 02-08-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsRandall (Post 2484309)
I killed my evo...endless reboot...Ive tried everything...One thing learned is dont use clockwork...I cant get it loaded and have 3 backups on my card...

Going in late and stopping by the Sprint store on the way to work...I know they will give me hell too.

Tried to upgrade to Mikfroyo 4.5 knowing I love 4.1...downloaded the clear lockscreen...phone working great until I got ready for bed at 10pm...Put it on the charger and it started the endless loop

So you can't get to the screen with the androids on the skateboards? You should be able to hold down the volume button and go into there. Then you click on the first thing which I forget what it is. It lets your pc see your phone. Then can flash RRU. That's what I did when I had experienced the endless reboot. Good luck. ;)

Beer Abuser 02-08-2011 10:03 AM

I'm surprised that worked for you. In my experience, I couldn't get to recovery no matter what I tried lol, my savior was removing sd...

Sent from my HTC Supersonic, via SprintUsers Forum App & a Mule with No Name.

MattWeed9 02-08-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsRandall
I killed my evo...endless reboot...Ive tried everything...One thing learned is dont use clockwork...I cant get it loaded and have 3 backups on my card...

Going in late and stopping by the Sprint store on the way to work...I know they will give me hell too.

Tried to upgrade to Mikfroyo 4.5 knowing I love 4.1...downloaded the clear lockscreen...phone working great until I got ready for bed at 10pm...Put it on the charger and it started the endless loop

Sorry to hear that MsRandall. I've had a few close calls with clockwork so I never use it anymore. Good luck getting it to work!

Sent from my iEvo running CM7.

Diana Prince 02-08-2011 01:41 PM

Ms. Randall, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Sorry to hear about this, please be sure to update.

heavyd 02-08-2011 03:04 PM

Not sure what version of swype that you were using,so I sent what I had. Try installing from gmail

MsRandall 02-08-2011 06:19 PM

My Google I/O Evo IS GONE. Sprint replaced it with an another Evo....but this time its a refurb

th3taman 02-08-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyd (Post 2484584)
Not sure what version of swype that you were using,so I sent what I had. Try installing from gmail

It worked thanks...now if it was just the black version. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsRandall (Post 2484722)
My Google I/O Evo IS GONE. Sprint replaced it with an another Evo....but this time its a refurb

Sorry to hear that MsRandall. :( Can't believe you actually bricked it? First person, I know doing it. I'm sure there are others, but not many.

KB112 02-08-2011 10:27 PM

You shouldn't have given up hope! If you can power it up and show an led it's not bricked. Some people had to literally wait 2 days to get back to recovery and they got it back from the dead from there. Well, at least you got a replacement though.

KB

Beer Abuser 02-09-2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsRandall
My Google I/O Evo IS GONE. Sprint replaced it with an another Evo....but this time its a refurb

Sorry to hear :(.

Sent from my HTC Supersonic, via SprintUsers Forum App & a Mule with No Name.

MikeV 02-09-2011 02:13 AM

Got a new (to me) car today.

Can't pair the Evo to the radio with BT. CM6.1.2 with Snap 7.6 kernel.

Anybody else have issues pairing BT?

MattWeed9 02-09-2011 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV
Got a new (to me) car today.

Can't pair the Evo to the radio with BT. CM6.1.2 with Snap 7.6 kernel.

Anybody else have issues pairing BT?

I think the issue is CM6.1.2, I was told BT only works on CM6.0

MikeV 02-09-2011 12:56 PM

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

I don't wanna go back to 6.0

Guess I'm ROM shoppping again.

MikeV 02-09-2011 02:08 PM

K, let's go with Koni Elite. Looks pretty.

Diana Prince 02-09-2011 02:45 PM

I am loving King's Ultra Froyo. It is the fastest ROM I've ever used. When the screen is off and the phone is not in use, the battery literally doesn't drain. I love leaving the phone for an hour and coming back to see the battery hasn't moved.

MikeV 02-09-2011 03:21 PM

Flashed Kona Elite, bluetooth works yay.

MattWeed9 02-09-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana Prince
I am loving King's Ultra Froyo. It is the fastest ROM I've ever used. When the screen is off and the phone is not in use, the battery literally doesn't drain. I love leaving the phone for an hour and coming back to see the battery hasn't moved.

I'll have to give it a gander.

MikeV 02-09-2011 08:23 PM

Gonna try Kings. Koni Elite is mind numbingly slow.

Beer Abuser 02-09-2011 09:44 PM

I'm still on fresh 3.5 :lmao:

Sent from my HTC Supersonic, via SprintUsers Forum App & a Mule with No Name.

Diana Prince 02-09-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer Abuser (Post 2485679)
I'm still on fresh 3.5 :lmao:

Sent from my HTC Supersonic, via SprintUsers Forum App & a Mule with No Name.

You are one loyal mofo. :)

MattWeed9 02-09-2011 09:54 PM

So for anyone wanting to fix GPS on CM7 I found this little fix on another forum. The guy who quoted it didn't give credit to who ever he got it from, so thanks to who ever came up with this.

Note: I just found this and have yet to try it myself. My battery is really low right now from trying out a new kernel and testing battery life. I will give it a go in the morning at breakfast and see it it works for me. Everyone who tried it in the post said it worked for them however, some said they needed to do it every time they updated to a new nightly while others said it was a permanent fix.

Quote:

I understand when most folks have said GPS works they are referring to lock. I am talking about tracking! I drove around the neighborhood and google maps tracked me perfectly (with a little label saying 'accurate to within 20 meters').

Admittedly, it was a 5 minute drive. I have a 3 hour one later today and I will test it again. I will use the navigation and report back.

You will need:
1. A 'sense' ROM currently running on your phone. (Matlock: If you have your Sense Backup, use that.)
2. MSL reader installed (get it from the market)
2. Have CM7 (build 17 worked for me) and the latest gapps (I used the ones from 2011-01-15) downloaded to your SD card

Steps:
1. Open MSL reader and get your MSL (jot it down)
2. Launch phone dialer and dial ##GPSCLRX#
3. It will ask you for your MSL, enter it.
4. Upon hitting OK, your phone will just say reboot in 10 secs, let it reboot.

Phew!
5. After it has rebooted, boot to recovery (i used clockworkmod 2.6.0.1)
6. Nandroid backup (if you are so inclined)
7. Wipe cache, Dalvik and then wipe data/factory reset
4. Flash CM7 b17 from your sd-card
9. Flash gapps
10. Reboot and walk through set-up. Your gapps will be downloaded from the market. Wait for all the downloads to complete.
11. Use GPS as normal and enjoy the GPS goodness


I am not a developer but this worked for me and I hope it works for you too.

Beer Abuser 02-09-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana Prince

You are one loyal mofo. :)

Well that's somewhat true, I just never felt I was unsatisfied with it (I also lose 1% batt every 1-2 hrs like you stated), I also got lazy, hooked on UI apps, widgets, etc :lol:

I have tried some other roms, sense 2.0 based were my favs, and I do have a list of some others I've been meaning to get to, one day rofl...

Sent from my HTC Supersonic, via SprintUsers Forum App & a Mule with No Name.

chad5871 02-09-2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer Abuser (Post 2485679)
I'm still on fresh 3.5 :lmao:

Sent from my HTC Supersonic, via SprintUsers Forum App & a Mule with No Name.

How do you like Fresh 3.5? Is everything functional?

Noodle 02-09-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad5871 (Post 2485731)
How do you like Fresh 3.5? Is everything functional?

Oh yeah everything is functional on Fresh 3.5, it's pretty much the most stable stock rom without all the bloatware.

Beer Abuser 02-10-2011 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad5871

How do you like Fresh 3.5? Is everything functional?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle

Oh yeah everything is functional on Fresh 3.5, it's pretty much the most stable stock rom without all the bloatware.

Yup, yup :).

Sent from my HTC Supersonic, via SprintUsers Forum App & a Mule with No Name.

th3taman 02-10-2011 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer Abuser (Post 2485679)
I'm still on fresh 3.5 :lmao:

Sent from my HTC Supersonic, via SprintUsers Forum App & a Mule with No Name.

I loved Fresh for quite a while...but active development stopped. I think the guy is just busy with life and I understand that, but I've moved on. With that said, It was always a great stable ROM that removed all the Sprint and some of the HTC bloat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9 (Post 2485687)
So for anyone wanting to fix GPS on CM7 I found this little fix on another forum. The guy who quoted it didn't give credit to who ever he got it from, so thanks to who ever came up with this.

Note: I just found this and have yet to try it myself. My battery is really low right now from trying out a new kernel and testing battery life. I will give it a go in the morning at breakfast and see it it works for me. Everyone who tried it in the post said it worked for them however, some said they needed to do it every time they updated to a new nightly while others said it was a permanent fix.

My GPS seemed to be working fine yesterday on CM7 R27, I think is the latest I installed.

MattWeed9 02-10-2011 12:34 PM

I decided to roll with Kings Rom this morning, it is pretty kick butt. Nice eye candy to boot.

Noodle 02-10-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9 (Post 2486014)
I decided to roll with Kings Rom this morning, it is pretty kick butt. Nice eye candy to boot.

You got a link. I'm feeling lazy today and don't feel like searching. :)

MattWeed9 02-10-2011 12:50 PM

BAM!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=894259

tbakergobuck 02-10-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9 (Post 2486014)
I decided to roll with Kings Rom this morning, it is pretty kick butt. Nice eye candy to boot.

Just flashed it and it's looks purty... I'm surprised I didn't try this sooner. Did you change the Kernel?

MattWeed9 02-10-2011 09:59 PM

No actually, I am still running on the stock kernel. I did notice it included a few extra kernels but,.I seem to be getting alright life with the default. It is a very nice Rom, hope they continue to support it for awhile. I almost like it more them Mikfroyo.

KB112 02-10-2011 10:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm giving Kings a shot right now and I dig it. I way prefer it over Mik actually. Im running the darkness theme I think.its cool. :)

Noodle 02-10-2011 10:42 PM

I'm getting a low on space error. Damn, I need to remove some bloat.

Sent from my Evo using Warm Z goodness.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:34 PM.


- SprintUsers.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sprint PCS -