SprintUsers.com

SprintUsers.com (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/index.php)
-   HTC (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   EVO Custom ROM's Thread (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209631)

Diana Prince 01-20-2011 11:09 PM

Does anyone know what email application is being used in the Cyanogen 6.1.2 Rom? Is it something I can download from the market? Thanks.

th3taman 01-21-2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana Prince (Post 2473535)
Does anyone know what email application is being used in the Cyanogen 6.1.2 Rom? Is it something I can download from the market? Thanks.

I don't understand your question? It's probably base AOSP email? Doubt it's any thing you can download from the market. What is it that you want that's different?

Diana Prince 01-21-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2473612)
I don't understand your question? It's probably base AOSP email? Doubt it's any thing you can download from the market. What is it that you want that's different?

I apologize if I was unclear although I'm not sure how I could have asked my question differently.

Have you seen the email program within the Cyanogen ROM? If so, then I am asking if that email application is one that I can obtain via the market. If it is not, cool. If so, I'm asking what the name of the program/application is so that I might download it. I like it much better than the stock email app because I can check one or more messages to perform a specific action.

I did some snooping on the market and found that the email app on the Cyanogen ROM closely resembles "EVE Email" in the market but I'm not sure how to get it working as an API Key is needed. I'm currently browsing for other email choices.

th3taman 01-21-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana Prince (Post 2473535)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana Prince (Post 2473683)
I apologize if I was unclear although I'm not sure how I could have asked my question differently.

Have you seen the email program within the Cyanogen ROM? If so, then I am asking if that email application is one that I can obtain via the market. If it is not, cool. If so, I'm asking what the name of the program/application is so that I might download it. I like it much better than the stock email app because I can check one or more messages to perform a specific action.

I did some snooping on the market and found that the email app on the Cyanogen ROM closely resembles "EVE Email" in the market but I'm not sure how to get it working as an API Key is needed. I'm currently browsing for other email choices.

I'm loading up CM7 now. All I've ever seen on his ROMs standard are Gmail and Email which are both basic applications delivered with any ROM...unless a dev takes them out...which would be dumb on their part.

Does the app have a special name besides Email or Gmail? Gmail is in the market...Email won't be because it is standard AOSP.

Noodle 01-21-2011 12:53 PM

Ok I'm trying CM7 nightly. We will see how this works. :-)

Noodle 01-21-2011 01:00 PM

what is Kickback and Soundback in the Gapps installer?

Diana Prince 01-21-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2473759)
I'm loading up CM7 now. All I've ever seen on his ROMs standard are Gmail and Email which are both basic applications delivered with any ROM...unless a dev takes them out...which would be dumb on their part.

Does the app have a special name besides Email or Gmail? Gmail is in the market...Email won't be because it is standard AOSP.

First, thanks for attempting to help with this.

It was called Email on Cyanogen. I guess I wrongly presumed that the stock email app is native no matter the ROM. I am using Damage Control now and have used OMJ, Calkulin's and Mikfroyo in the past. Cyanogen is the first time I've seen this particular mail program. Otherwise my mail program has been the stock email app.

th3taman 01-21-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle (Post 2473772)
what is Kickback and Soundback in the Gapps installer?

I don't know...I selected to install...but didn't. How about you test it out and let me know? :lol:

th3taman 01-21-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana Prince (Post 2473774)
First, thanks for attempting to help with this.

It was called Email on Cyanogen. I guess I wrongly presumed that the stock email app is native no matter the ROM. I am using Damage Control now and have used OMJ, Calkulin's and Mikfroyo in the past. Cyanogen is the first time I've seen this particular mail program. Otherwise my mail program has been the stock email app.

I just looked...looks like the same old Email app? Sorry couldn't help more.

Diana Prince 01-21-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman

I just looked...looks like the same old Email app? Sorry couldn't help more.

Thanks.

Noodle 01-21-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2473776)
I don't know...I selected to install...but didn't. How about you test it out and let me know? :lol:

I did a little more research and it seems to just be a set of add ons that read back texts and menus to you.

Where can I get the voicemail shortcut apk that will work on ASOP roms.

tbakergobuck 01-21-2011 09:07 PM

KINGSrom Ti-X V3 Smooth as Butter Rom seems to be pretty good. I'm such a flash whore. :hee:

th3taman 01-22-2011 09:14 AM

CM7 -Nightly Build 7 gave me pretty awesome battery life! Was still at 50% at 17 hours. Glad to be back on CM, I do miss the separate lockscreen on MIUI. That was definitely nice.

MsRandall 01-22-2011 01:27 PM

Still loving MikFroYo

MattWeed9 01-22-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsRandall
Still loving MikFroYo

Out of all the Sense based Roms, I like Mikfroyo the most I think. Seems to work well, and is customized pretty well. Think I will be sticking with it for awhile.

thekarens 01-22-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

CM7 -Nightly Build 7 gave me pretty awesome battery life! Was still at 50% at 17 hours. Glad to be back on CM, I do miss the separate lockscreen on MIUI. That was definitely nice.

I skipped 7 and went straight to 8. Hope I get as good battery life out of 8.

th3taman 01-22-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekarens (Post 2474344)
I skipped 7 and went straight to 8. Hope I get as good battery life out of 8.

I flashed 8 too...we'll see. :D

Mercenary_ 01-22-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetaman (Post 2474360)
I flashed 8 too...we'll see. :D

Same here, kinda mad that I had to factory wipe my Evo coming from CM 6.0

oh well at least I get to redesign my home screens.

Beer Abuser 01-22-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9

Out of all the Sense based Roms, I like Mikfroyo the most I think. Seems to work well, and is customized pretty well. Think I will be sticking with it for awhile.

I thought you were an aosp fan? :hee:

Sense is goodness, IMO :)

Diana Prince 01-22-2011 05:42 PM

I'm currently trying out EvoNonsense 4.2. It's not bad. Will probably flash something else later tonight. LOL.

Cam 01-22-2011 08:28 PM

I just flashed Mikfroyo to mine as my first flash. It is pretty easy to do. I seem to like it.

th3taman 01-23-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercenary_ (Post 2474368)
Same here, kinda mad that I had to factory wipe my Evo coming from CM 6.0

oh well at least I get to redesign my home screens.

If you use apps like Titanuim Backup...restoring your apps is pretty easy. Then you just have to setup your system settings again.

tbakergobuck 01-23-2011 10:27 AM

Anyone know if the MIUI 1.1.21.2 has reboots?

MattWeed9 01-23-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer Abuser

I thought you were an aosp fan? :hee:

Sense is goodness, IMO :)

I am, but for whatever reason I get way better data speeds on Sense, and the GPS seems to work flawlessly. Which only mattered last week when I lost my GPS and later found it in the snow, broken in my drive way.

Beer Abuser 01-23-2011 11:32 AM

Ahhhh....fair enough :hee:

jpkboca 01-23-2011 01:30 PM

I love me Myns RLS5, but itchign to try me some CM7, is it pretty stable now?

thekarens 01-23-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpkboca (Post 2474820)
I love me Myns RLS5, but itchign to try me some CM7, is it pretty stable now?

CM7 is stable, but don't expect everything to work. GPS is still borked and of course 4g and HDMI doesn't work, but everything else seems to work fine.

Since I can't hardly stand not to flash something I decided to try out MikFroyo. My 3g speeds are abysmal, but 4g is very good.

MattWeed9 01-23-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekarens

CM7 is stable, but don't expect everything to work. GPS is still borked and of course 4g and HDMI doesn't work, but everything else seems to work fine.

Since I can't hardly stand not to flash something I decided to try out MikFroyo. My 3g speeds are abysmal, but 4g is very good.

It's a good Rom. And for whatever reason my WiFi speed are almost about twice as fast using Mikfroyo when compared to CM7.

Love me some AOSP but, everything functioning well is hard to not like too.

Shauli 01-23-2011 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For all MikFroYo fans here, there is another thread in the EVO development section at XDA with mods tailored specifically for MikFroYo. The dev running the thread takes personal requests too.
Also, check out the 3rd post in the MikFroYo thread for a number of different themes for his ROM. You have a choice of black, white, blue and more.
Here is a screen shot of his white theme (my favorite!) :

MattWeed9 01-23-2011 04:21 PM

My Rom came with those links in the book marks. Have tried any themes, still diggin the black. I like my themes like I like my women, black and sexy lol.

th3taman 01-24-2011 07:39 AM

Running CM7 R11. :D

I'm not sure if this is Gingerbread or just custom to CM? I'm guessing Gingerbread, but I like the new battery usage with the time and graph. First time I saw it, I thought it was an image problem...then realized it was a graph at the top. If you click it, you get an even more detailed view. This came with CM7...not an app I installed.

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/r...124_083219.png

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/r...124_083810.png

boomhower 01-24-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauli (Post 2474878)
For all MikFroYo fans here, there is another thread in the EVO development section at XDA with mods tailored specifically for MikFroYo. The dev running the thread takes personal requests too.
Also, check out the 3rd post in the MikFroYo thread for a number of different themes for his ROM. You have a choice of black, white, blue and more.
Here is a screen shot of his white theme (my favorite!) :

Going to try the white out, the black is killing me. Looks good but everything is just to hard to read.

Noodle 01-24-2011 10:31 AM

I like CM7 but even with Handcent I can't block the VM texts it's weird. I have had a couple of random reboots where I thought the phone locked up or was just thinking real hard then reboot.

I'll stick with it for a few more days then probably back to Myns

th3taman 01-24-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle (Post 2475299)
I like CM7 but even with Handcent I can't block the VM texts it's weird. I have had a couple of random reboots where I thought the phone locked up or was just thinking real hard then reboot.

I'll stick with it for a few more days then probably back to Myns

I get the occasional reboots too with CM7 Nightlies. It is usually one of the short reboots where it goes to the splash screen and then back to the lockscreen fairly quickly.

I figure I'm using a ROM that is being developed and as long as it isn't occurring all the time...I'll live with it.

Also, had problem with MIUI too.

MattWeed9 01-24-2011 12:35 PM

Any of the GB Roms have GPS working yet? I mean more then hit or miss use.

Diana Prince 01-24-2011 12:36 PM

I'm back to MikFroyo. I had it back before this latest update. I liked it then and I like it now. CM7 was fun also but I need GPS.

Thanks for the info above Shauli!

MattWeed9 01-24-2011 04:44 PM

So for the MikFroyo themes, should I wipe anything before flashing them? Never flashed themes before sorry.

Rook 01-24-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9 (Post 2475547)
So for the MikFroyo themes, should I wipe anything before flashing them? Never flashed themes before sorry.

just wipe Cache and Dalvik

i ran Mikfroyo for about a week. good solid rom.

been running cm7 nightlies since they came out, updating every 2-3 days.

I did not knwo clicking on that battery graph gave you that detailed info.

i do know that with 3g turned off unless i'm using it, i had 34 hours of battery usage...and went from 100% down to 62%...so 38% battery loss over 34 hours...but i only had an hour and a half with display on, so not a lot of use but..that is ridiculous.

MattWeed9 01-24-2011 06:46 PM

Yeah, that's why I love AOSP Roms.

MattWeed9 01-26-2011 01:37 PM

And yet again I have gone back to AOSP. So I loaded CM6.1.2 back on my phone after reading a little bit about the Snap7.6 while on my lunch break. So far it seems good, as for snap making things faster or whatever, not really sure as CM6 always ran fast on my Evo. However, the good news is GPS works like a champ now out of the blue which it did not before using the same CM6.1.2 on my 004 Evo. Not sure if Snap7.6 had any effect or not, but it's awesome and I can be happy with long battery life once more and now GPS! :headbang2

MattWeed9 01-26-2011 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I can't report on battery life yet using the Snap kernel but, the benchmark test is the best one yet.

th3taman 01-26-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9 (Post 2476752)
Well I can't report on battery life yet using the Snap kernel but, the benchmark test is the best one yet.

I got tired of doing those Quandrant Standards, and Linpack crap. I figure as long as the phone seems snappy in my eyes, I'm good to go. I have other things to worry about. :lol:

Battery life and my phone working as expected are the two most important things to me.

MattWeed9 01-26-2011 02:40 PM

True that, the phone working as a phone is the most important thing to me too. But I was playing SandStorm and noticed it was a lot smoother so I ran the test real quick to see. Was pretty blown away. That was with out using setcpu to over-clock.

th3taman 01-26-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9 (Post 2476774)
True that, the phone working as a phone is the most important thing to me too. But I was playing SandStorm and noticed it was a lot smoother so I ran the test real quick to see. Was pretty blown away. That was with out using setcpu to over-clock.

Nice! :tu:

tbakergobuck 01-26-2011 05:25 PM

I went back to a Rom with the phantom voice mail issue. I no longer get texts now but my voice icon is still stuck and I can't get vvm to work (error 30). I've searched and searched on this but I don't really want to try this since it's a pain. Any ideas?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=896000

Duffman 01-26-2011 05:52 PM

Compose and send a voice message to activate@vvm.sprint.com

tbakergobuck 01-26-2011 08:46 PM

tried that and it didn't work. I'll try again though. ^

tbakergobuck 01-26-2011 08:57 PM

Also when I tap on check for upgrade in the VVM app it says "General failure. Please try again at later time".

MattWeed9 01-26-2011 09:15 PM

Does this happen with any Rom you flash?

Duffman 01-26-2011 09:23 PM

Can you dial 1 to get VM?

tbakergobuck 01-26-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9 (Post 2477040)
Does this happen with any Rom you flash?

Happens with EVerolv kernel cyanogenmod and MIUI. Doesn't happen with sense Roms

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engineer (Post 2477046)
Can you dial 1 to get VM?

Yes. I tried google voice and youmail but I'm pretty sure I got rid of them since I prefer to get VVM to work. As of right now I have two voice mails icons and no messages but it says voice mail can't be downloaded. I even flashed a zip file for VVM but it didn't work either.

MattWeed9 01-26-2011 09:50 PM

Any way to use Google voice, voice mail as a work around rather then sprints?

MattWeed9 01-26-2011 10:02 PM

Hm, I just read over at XDA that someone on a Gingerbread Rom was having kind of the same issues. It was recommend that they install a Sense Rom and set everything up for VVM, then use titanium back up to back up the the VVM settings. After that flash back to your AOSP Rom and install the VVM apk that you said you flashed but then use titanium back up to restore only the settings, not the app. Guess it wouldn't hurt to try it, and sounds like a good game plan to me lol.

Noodle 01-26-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck
Happens with EVerolv kernel cyanogenmod and MIUI. Doesn't happen with sense Roms

Yes. I tried google voice and youmail but I'm pretty sure I got rid of them since I prefer to get VVM to work. As of right now I have two voice mails icons and no messages but it says voice mail can't be downloaded. I even flashed a zip file for VVM but it didn't work either.

VVM doesn't work on asop roms wich miui and cyanogen are. It only works on sense roms

tbakergobuck 01-26-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9 (Post 2477064)
Hm, I just read over at XDA that someone on a Gingerbread Rom was having kind of the same issues. It was recommend that they install a Sense Rom and set everything up for VVM, then use titanium back up to back up the the VVM settings. After that flash back to your AOSP Rom and install the VVM apk that you said you flashed but then use titanium back up to restore only the settings, not the app. Guess it wouldn't hurt to try it, and sounds like a good game plan to me lol.

Tried this and now I got it working but I still have two voice mail icons stuck. Also I'm getting a message to upgrade my voice mail the one with the text option but it fails to download.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle (Post 2477082)
VVM doesn't work on asop roms wich miui and cyanogen are. It only works on sense roms

If you read up I posted a link which I'm pretty sure people have got VVM to work with all Roms.

Duffman 01-26-2011 10:59 PM

There you go.

Noodle 01-26-2011 11:26 PM

I'm really surprised someone hasn't figured out how to get it working considering that the optimus s and samsung phones basically run vanilla just like the asop roms and vvm works on those

tbakergobuck 01-26-2011 11:32 PM

I got vvm working but just have a stuck voice mail icon actually two. lol

Check this link out
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=774172

Noodle 01-26-2011 11:53 PM

weird have you tried leaving yourself a new message and then going in and listening and deleting? that old trick

tbakergobuck 01-27-2011 12:13 AM

Yes many times and deleted them. Maybe its google voice or youmail causing it. I thought i deactivated both but had issues with google voice.

MattWeed9 01-27-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Yes many times and deleted them. Maybe its google voice or youmail causing it. I thought i deactivated both but had issues with google voice.

Well for now at least you can access voice mail. The icons and update messages would be annoying though.

Shauli 01-28-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

I'm also not a big fan of using Quadrant scores to prove performance, but that is still amazing! I've never seen anything close to that on any EVO. (Well, to be honest I've never seen an EVO with AOSP.) On sense ROMs getting 1500 is considered amazing, and those scores have been possible lately due to the SD card fix.

Noodle 01-28-2011 09:55 AM

Hmmm.... do I stick with Mynn's, go back to CM 7 now that I figured out what was wrong with my data, or do I try MIUI again.

Decisions, decisions.

th3taman 01-28-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle (Post 2478055)
hmmm.... Do i stick with mynn's, go back to cm 7 now that i figured out what was wrong with my data, or do i try miui again.

Decisions, decisions.

cm7! :D

fatboy 01-28-2011 06:56 PM

Myns!

Beer Abuser 01-28-2011 06:58 PM

Frreeesssshhhhh! :lol:

Duffman 01-28-2011 08:11 PM

Freshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Beer Abuser 01-28-2011 08:55 PM

:)...

KB112 01-29-2011 01:34 AM

Myyyyyyyyyyyyyyynnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!

MattWeed9 01-29-2011 10:35 AM

MikFrrrrrrrrroooooooyyyyyyOOOOOOO!

Sent from MikFroyo 4.4

th3taman 01-29-2011 11:25 AM

Cyanogenmod ROMs FTW!

On over 20 devices....over 50,000 Twitter followers.

Always bringing the newest and freshest with AOSP first! :D

tbakergobuck 01-29-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

MikFrrrrrrrrroooooooyyyyyyOOOOOOO!

Sent from MikFroyo 4.4

I'm back with it as well. It's fast and everything works. I've tried a lot roms but there not as stable as MikFroyo.

MattWeed9 01-29-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

I'm back with it as well. It's fast and everything works. I've tried a lot roms but there not as stable as MikFroyo.

Agreed. Fresh was nice but, my battery seemed to drain all to fast.

Sent from MikFroyo 4.4

GoldenBlaze 01-29-2011 12:52 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I rooted my Hero but I don't know if I'm going to root my EVO or not. I kinda like it as is, other that the overdone Sprint flash softwarewhen you cut ur phone on.

MattWeed9 01-29-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenBlaze
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I rooted my Hero but I don't know if I'm going to root my EVO or not. I kinda like it as is, other that the overdone Sprint flash softwarewhen you cut ur phone on.

York better off not rooting. It's crazy addictive flashing Roms.

Sent from MikFroyo 4.4

jpkboca 01-29-2011 12:55 PM

I'm on CM7 now, must say I like it. Seems the GPS signal isn't that great, but I know with time it will improve. Liking it so far alot. I'm on nightly 15.

Jeff

GoldenBlaze 01-29-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenBlaze

Sent from MikFroyo 4.4

:lol:

heavyd 01-29-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Sent from MikFroyo 4.4

Not always. I only rooted for a few distinct features. Haven't flashed a rom yet, but I can see from all the posts, that it can be very habit forming

Welcome to my persona

MattWeed9 01-29-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyd

Not always. I only rooted for a few distinct features. Haven't flashed a rom yet, but I can see from all the posts, that it can be very habit forming

Welcome to my persona

Well be happy you haven't lol. It's a nasty habit I am trying to quit, or cut back on rather. Heard It might be cancerous too.

Sent from MikFroyo 4.4

Beer Abuser 01-29-2011 05:54 PM

:lol:

TonyTurboII 01-29-2011 09:02 PM

Is 4g fixed in CM7?

How about the ## set of commands?

Those are my two big problems, although I continue to use it. If I ever have to reset my data or program my phone im screwed.

Noodle 01-29-2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTurboII (Post 2478843)
Is 4g fixed in CM7?

How about the ## set of commands?

Those are my two big problems, although I continue to use it. If I ever have to reset my data or program my phone im screwed.

Nope I had an issue where I had to reset my data and needed to flash to a sense based rom to do it.

It's not to huge of a deal though cause it only takes a few minutes to bounce back and forth.

TonyTurboII 01-30-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodle (Post 2478903)
Nope I had an issue where I had to reset my data and needed to flash to a sense based rom to do it.

It's not to huge of a deal though cause it only takes a few minutes to bounce back and forth.

I had an issue about a month ago, I was going to flash back to the stock rom (from a nandroid backup) to update my PRL, and got an error "MD5 Mismatch." No idea what it means...

KB112 01-30-2011 04:30 PM

MD5 is the checksum for the zip file I believe. If your MD5 matches the original file you downloaded, then you know it is fine and uncorrupted.

TonyTurboII 01-30-2011 08:40 PM

I wonder why it is failing...

Its not anything fancy, not sure why a nandroid backup would be corrupted. Could it be because I renamed it?

MattWeed9 01-30-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTurboII (Post 2479337)
I wonder why it is failing...

Its not anything fancy, not sure why a nandroid backup would be corrupted. Could it be because I renamed it?

I've never renamed a nandroid and I have never had any checksum errors, so it's a good possibility.

That said, I didn't make it a whole weekend with out flashing a new Rom. I am now on VirusROM REVOlution RC2B6 as of ten minutes ago. So far it is amazing. He really updated a lot on this Rom since the last time I flashed it. Maybe one or two versions ago. Not sure if it is new or not but, you can now download HTC sounds. Like ringtones, alarms, and notification sounds from menu/virusrom. You can also set sound sets, kind of like sound profiles where you can have custom sets of ringtones and alarms. Pretty amazing so far, I like it a lot for only ten minutes worth of playing around lol.

th3taman 01-30-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWeed9 (Post 2479355)
I've never renamed a nandroid and I have never had any checksum errors, so it's a good possibility.

That said, I didn't make it a whole weekend with out flashing a new Rom. I am now on VirusROM REVOlution RC2B6 as of ten minutes ago. So far it is amazing. He really updated a lot on this Rom since the last time I flashed it. Maybe one or two versions ago. Not sure if it is new or not but, you can now download HTC sounds. Like ringtones, alarms, and notification sounds from menu/virusrom. You can also set sound sets, kind of like sound profiles where you can have custom sets of ringtones and alarms. Pretty amazing so far, I like it a lot for only ten minutes worth of playing around lol.

I rename backups all the time. Never had that problem...hopefully never do. :fingers:

MattWeed9 01-30-2011 10:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few screens from VirusRom. Still tinkering with it though.

TonyTurboII 01-30-2011 11:08 PM

I've got things running very well on CM 6.0, i'm just afraid if I flash a stock rom, and not one of my backups ill get the error trying to go back to the CM 6.0 backup I just made.

Wonder if it happened when I moved my backups from my 8 to my 32 gig card...

Im trying to decide if I want to give 7.0 a try.

BTW: Anyone know where I can get a rooted stock rom?

Noodle 01-31-2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

I have renamed nandroid backups before and never had a problem.

Tony here is the best link for a Stock Root Safe rom (Stock but with some background tweaks for speed and memory optimizations)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=864501

And here is a true root safe stock with no tweaks whatsoever.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=874251

if you like CM6 I'm pretty sure you will like CM7. I actually liked CM6 but there were a few things that bugged me, when I tried CM7 a couple of the things were still there but I definitely enjoyed CM7 more.

tbakergobuck 01-31-2011 07:22 AM

I renamed a nandroid back up once and it didn't load. Not sure if there's a certain way to do it. Lately I've been just writing down the date and what Rom it is. What is weird is sometimes I change from clockwork and RA depending on which one can flash the Rom. So I get confused where my back ups are. lol

th3taman 01-31-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck (Post 2479469)
I renamed a nandroid back up once and it didn't load. Not sure if there's a certain way to do it. Lately I've been just writing down the date and what Rom it is. What is weird is sometimes I change from clockwork and RA depending on which one can flash the Rom. So I get confused where my back ups are. lol

I could see how that gets confusing and honestly it is probably better to stick with one recovery as I believe they may be stored in different places. Not sure though because I used Clockwork only for a short period when I first got my EVO.

Also, I would advice against putting spaces in a nandroid file name. Use underscores or dashes if you want. Just to be safe.

Scrumptious 01-31-2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Which is faster Virus or MikFroyo?

MattWeed9 01-31-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrumptious

Which is faster Virus or MikFroyo?

MikFroyo.

TonyTurboII 01-31-2011 09:41 AM

Should I be doing a wipe before restoring a backup?

th3taman 01-31-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyTurboII (Post 2479512)
Should I be doing a wipe before restoring a backup?

No, but when switching ROMs (flashing for first time), I would definitely do a full wipe.

heavyd 01-31-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

I would definitely do a full wipe.

Doesn't smell like ya did

MattWeed9 01-31-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyd

LOL. So childish yet, I laughed. Gotta love it.

th3taman 01-31-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyd (Post 2479541)

Tbay, told me you don't wipe at all? :hee:

KB112 01-31-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbakergobuck (Post 2479469)

Just don't try to flash an Amon Ra back up using Clockwork, or vice versa. An experienced member I know on XDA did this on accident and it took him two days of troubleshooting to "unbrick" his phone. Couldn't even get the orange led to light up the first day.

KB