PDA

View Full Version : I need a Dummy ESN

dfwtxpatrick
04-15-2006, 07:34 AM
Hello,

My daughter is going to put her plan on Vacation Status for the summer. She is going to be staying w/ her boyfriend in Houston, and wont be working to pay the bill. I told her I would pay the Vacation plan price until she comes back. But I won't pay her bill for her to talk.

The reason for the Vacation plan is to make the charges very cheap.

I want to use her phone and need a dummy esn to put on her acct to free up the 8300 she has until she comes back and takes her plan off the Vacation status.

Thanks,

Just PM w/ the esn.

Patrick.

hookedonitunes
04-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone MM-9000/US/1.0) NetFront/3.1 MMP/2.0)

just do an esn swap between her phone and your phone.

wBkM85
04-15-2006, 03:15 PM
yeah, that'd be a LOT easier i would think

Leo_Seiji
04-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Is the phones under the same account? If it is then just do an ESN swap. But if not then that would realy be a problem, since the only way an ESN can be used in another account is for it to be reliesed from the previous account holder.

Well good luck.

florida0717
04-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Call CS and they should be able to find a dummy ESN, but then make sure to put your ESN on her number as they do check the dummy ones and I have seen where they cancelled out an account with a dummy that sat there too long. I have one or more in my desk at work, but don't go back until Monday. :wavey:

reemusk
04-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone MM-9000/US/1.0) NetFront/3.1 MMP/2.0)

Call CS and they should be able to find a dummy ESN, but then make sure to put your ESN on her number as they do check the dummy ones and I have seen where they cancelled out an account with a dummy that sat there too long. I have one or more in my desk at work, but don't go back until Monday. :wavey:

uh thats illegal

Dontmocme
04-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Anyone know if they charge to swap ESN on the same account and if it resets the Phone upgrade timer (rebate)

Dragonman
04-16-2006, 07:23 AM
Wirelessly posted (Treo 650: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

No charge, but it would reset the upgrade timer.

florida0717
04-16-2006, 07:28 AM
Whats illegal about a dummy Esn, they are used to free a phone off an account when a customer wants to do as we call a double Esn swap (when both phones are in use). As long as both customers agree, it is perfectally fine to do. You however can not leave that dummy ESN on the line, becuase they will audit your account and could cancel it. These Esns are not just old phones that someone has sitting around, they are labeled in the system as a dummy. Changing the handset does reset your rebate status, but normailly there is no fee to switch it over (notice I said normally).

dfwtxpatrick
04-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Okay,

Someone was nice enough to give me a dummy esn.

The reason I needed the esn was to be able to release my daughters phone off HER acct, so that I can use the phone while I am waiting for my Treo 600 replacement. I was missing calls all of the sudden and went yesterday and they tested the phone.

I will be getting my repl 600 early this coming week, then I can swap back to my phone, but will probably go ahead and sell her phone as I got one she really wanted, so I'll give that to her.

So thanks for all the replies.

This thread can now be closed.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.