PDA

View Full Version : "Account Cannot Be Validated" When Making Calls?

Jigga
04-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Ok, my phone was working just fine this morning(a900). I have had it since it first came out. All of a sudden I can't make calls. It says that my account can not be validated. I'm still able to get on powervision. Tried calling my phone and it shoots it straight to voicemail. I had advanced tech help me over the phone. They tried everything. Nothing worked. It was working just fine this morning. They checked my account/plan, and everything looks fine. They told me I need to go to a Sprint store to get it looked at. If I have them look at it, will I loose all my info on my phone? Also, I just switched to a SERO plan, will that get affected in any way? Has anyone had this problem before, and if so, are there any known issues on how to fix it or do I only have the store as my only option? Thanks.

florida0717
04-11-2006, 04:12 PM
What did the advanced tech do with you reguarding the phone? Did you turn it off, remove the battery wait about 60 seconds, and then turn back on? I called over to tech once and they just told me to push some buttons in the phone and all it needed was the powercycle.

Jigga
04-11-2006, 04:18 PM
They had me take the battery out for about ten seconds and then powerup and try and make a call. Got the same message everytime...my sprint account could not be validated. they had me enter ##then some numbers# but nothing would happen, it would just sit there as if I was dialing a number. I just took the battery out right now and will leave it off for a bit and then power up again and try. fingers crossed...

I hope it gets fixed because I'm hesistant to walk into a store. My personal experiences in the stores haven't been that great. That's not a knock on all sprint stores, just my own personal experiences.

Jigga
04-11-2006, 05:13 PM
so does anyone know why this would have happened??? anyone? My phone worked fine this morning...now its not.

sprintboy26
04-11-2006, 05:16 PM
When it says that your account can not be validated, that means that the account has been closed or someone has in some way activated your number on another line.
When that happens, on neither phone would be able to receive calls and only the other line would be able to make them.

Jigga
04-11-2006, 05:42 PM
When it says that your account can not be validated, that means that the account has been closed or someone has in some way activated your number on another line.
When that happens, on neither phone would be able to receive calls and only the other line would be able to make them.

Well then it sounds like someone may have activated my number on a different line then because CS and tech both checked, and my account is open and all my info is there.

sprintboy26
04-11-2006, 05:43 PM
They may end up just having to give you a different number if they can't figure it out.

Jigga
04-11-2006, 05:49 PM
They may end up just having to give you a different number if they can't figure it out.

I'm not gonna be happy with that....I've had this phone number for years. My phone worked just fine this morning, and then all of a sudden it wouldn't work. I really hope this isn't going to be a headache for me, though it already seems like it is.

florida0717
04-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Is it working yet, did they walk you thru the programming on the phone? Just call and have a customer service rep walk you thru the programming on the phone, call from a landline to 888-788-4727. Don't tell them your phone is not working just say you need to be walked thru the programming. PM if you need any help.

dfwtxpatrick
04-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Okay,

As a former SPCS Trouble Tech, I don't where the H3LL they are getting their information.

When you call out, and your msg is "Your Account Cannot be Validated". Either the phone needs to be reprogrammed, Which requires a reprogramming of the phone number back into the phone.

NOW, when the phone gets reprogrammed, YOU CANNOT JUST LOOK AT THE phone number in the phone. You have to be walked through programming the phone.

When they walk you through the programming. Make sure they have you enter in the MSL code. It's a 6 digit lock code for your phone. Once you get to the phone number, RE-ENTER the phone number, even if you see your number there. THEN, they have to have you enter in the MSID. Usually, it will be the same number as your phone number, but it could be different, (THIS COULD BE ANOTHER PROBLEM, later) either way, be sure to RE-ENTER the MSID as well. Once your done, the phone should restart on it's own. If it does not, then press end. Once it restarts, try to make a call out.

IF the phone is still having this problem, AND your MSID is different than your phone number, HAVE them check for two possible problems.

1) See if someone else has been possibly programmed with your same phone number. THIS CAN HAPPEN! I've worked this problem MANY times when I worked for SPCS.
This causes a conflict in the system and neither phone will work. It is a SPCS network glitch, and while rare now, I have seen it happen before.

2) Again, if the MSID is different than your phone number, have the tech look up your MSID as if it were someones phone number. The possibility is that your PHONE # is now someones MSID and your MSID is now someones phone number. It can be rare, but this could cause a problem as well.

If none of this works. You will need to have them create a Trouble Ticket and have it escalated to Tier 3, cause Tier 1 & 2 cannot research the problem.

DO NOT change your number WITHOUT the Trouble Ticket being created.

Let me know what happens.

Jigga
04-12-2006, 11:42 AM
dfwtxpatrick,

thanks for the great info. Just as an update, I went into my local Sprint store to have them check out the phone. Apparently, though they do not know how, my ESN was removed from my account. My account was up and running, everything on the account was the way it should be, but there was no phone on the account. I guess he added it back on/reprogrammed it, and so far everything is working well. He didn't really have any answers for me, but said that everything should be fine now. I'm still curious as to how it could be removed from my account, considering that I was using the phone in the morning, and then it just stopped working. Any thoughts?

Ok, I decided to log into the sprint website, and check my info....low and behold, in my personal info page, it had my name, the right account number, contact numbers, but it had some address from NY. I live in the west coast!!! I modified my account info and changed my address back to my correct address. Would that fix all the problems with that? Or should I escalate this further with Sprint to make sure nothing else gets messed up?

Redhed
04-12-2006, 11:51 AM
The only thing I can think of is someone activated a phone with a similar ESN and the rep mis-typed the ESN when he entered it and accidentally entered yours...or something?!

Jigga
04-12-2006, 12:03 PM
So should I be concerned about my personal info, identity theft, credit ratings, or anything like that? Sorry if that seems anal, but I've almost had my identity stolen in the past and I don't want to go through that again. I've double checked my personal info again on the Sprint site just for my own personal sake, and everything is okay now. But Im not sure if I should go through sprint, and let them know the situation and if there is something they need to do on their end to make sure everything is right.

freeza
04-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Same thing happened to me last week.....I felt stupid because the most obvious and ridiculous thing worked.

After like two hours of trying to get this **** resolved, the lady was finally like...."Hey, you know what? just take your battery off for 2 minutes" and I did it, assuming it would just act the same I powered back on my phone.

TA ****ING DA! IT WORKED! WOW!

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT 2 MINUTES IS THE MAGICAL NUMBER FOR ALL PROBLEMS TO DISAPPEAR

Jigga
04-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Same thing happened to me last week.....I felt stupid because the most obvious and ridiculous thing worked.

After like two hours of trying to get this **** resolved, the lady was finally like...."Hey, you know what? just take your battery off for 2 minutes" and I did it, assuming it would just act the same I powered back on my phone.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT 2 MINUTES IS THE MAGICAL NUMBER FOR ALL PROBLEMS TO DISAPPEAR

Hey freeza,

Sorry...I updated the situation...just read a few posts above yours. I probably should have updated it via my original post. But anyways, feel free to read the situation and chime in for me. Thanks.

dfwtxpatrick
04-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Wirelessly posted ( The one & only Treo 600: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 95; PalmSource; Blazer 3.0) 16;160x160)

Okay, most likely, when the rep did a esn swap for someone,
they put in the wrong phone number, and didn't verify
the acct. That's what it sounds like.

sprintboy26
04-12-2006, 01:16 PM

You could've just taken the battery off and put it right back on. It cracks me up when they tell you to take it off for 45 seconds or 2 minutes. Your phone nor the network has no idea how long the battery is off for.

Jigga
04-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Wirelessly posted ( The one & only Treo 600: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 95; PalmSource; Blazer 3.0) 16;160x160)

Okay, most likely, when the rep did a esn swap for someone,
they put in the wrong phone number, and didn't verify
the acct. That's what it sounds like.

hey dfwtxpatrick,
Should I be concerned any further? Do I need to contact sprint again to make sure everything is ok? My phone is working, and I updated my profile on the sprint website w/ my correct address since it had a NY address.

Im just concerned about my personal info, or a chance of identity theft, credit rating, things of that nature.

dfwtxpatrick
04-12-2006, 01:23 PM

No, the funny thing is, whoever screwed up, didn't complete
the process for the right person, so that person is or was not
working either.

Jigga
04-12-2006, 01:55 PM
OK, thanks. That puts me at ease. Hopefully that other person doesn't go to their rep and then the rep tries to use my ESN again...then I'd have to go through this again. Thanks for all the help everyone!

04-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Congratulations getting switched to the Sero plan, its an awesome plan. I suggest, that you email e-care and get the followint things added to your account: Free nights and weekends at 6pm, Free 500 text messages, Free incoming first minute, and also slap on a corporate discount and youll be good to go.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.