PDA

View Full Version : How to file a complaint against a local Sprint Store?

iGroove
12-17-2005, 11:33 AM
OK....

Does anyone know how I would go about filing a complaint against my local Sprint Store concerning a problem I had this morning?

I had 2 lines in which my wife and i both had the Sanyo 5600. Thursday, I added a third line in order to get my wife the Samsung A900. After playing with it for a vew minutes, I decided I wanted one.

I go back to the local Sprint Store were I got the first A900, asked if they had another one, and they said they had 2. Ok... I pull out $400 (4 x $100 bills) to pay for it.... and they told me No...

I would have to add a fourth line. ***?

They gave me some song and dance how they do not make any money off of an out right purchase, and they were having a radio promo today and could not let one of the last 2 'Blades' go unless I added a line.

Excuse me... I was just there 2 days ago....added another line I did not need but did because I love my wife (shuuudddddup, whatever your thinking) ..... and now if I want another one for myself, I have to either A.) Add another line. or B.) Call and order directly from Sprint.

Does any of this make sense to anyone?

I am serious about filing a complaint. I do not see how an Autorized(sp?) Sprint Store can turn my money away.

I just do not know what to think right now.......

zach

iGroove
12-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Oppppps...

I just realised someone else was having the same issue in a thread a couple down...

Sorry...

But anyway.... yes... how do I file a complaint?

And it was the Manager who told me no. Maybe I need to get the districts Managers name...

zach

rip
12-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Timothy Yeager is the president and CEO. Leave him a voice mail every day until somebody calls back. If that does not work then PM me I'll give you a private number to call.

Corporate Office
iPCS, Inc.
1901 N Roselle Rd. Suite 500
Schaumburg, IL 60195
iPCS, Inc.
648 N Chicago St
Geneseo, IL 61254
Phone : ( 847) 885-2833
Fax : ( 847) 885-7125

iGroove
12-17-2005, 12:21 PM
Yeap... iPCS is who owns the locations here in town. I was able to get that much info, plus was able to find out that Chandler is the Manager of the Wabash Location... but my issue is with the Kiosk(sp?) in the mall. They are the ones who have/had 2 left. Plus, not to mention... the Wabash location agreed, that since they only had 2 left and I was not adding a line, they had their doubts whether the Mall would sell me one.

Right now, I am just a little upset..... and appear to be SOL. I mean, damn, what if I was buying it as a X-Mas present and wanted to wrap it up, etc. etc.

I can call to order from Sprint... but with X-Mas next week, how long would it take to get my phone? 2 weeks.

Also, kind of upset that there are only 2 left in the City of Springfield, and one of them is not mine....

zach

rip
12-17-2005, 12:35 PM
Anybody that sells Sprint in your Market has to do so with iPCS's permission. And according to the terms of the Sprint/iPCS's affiliate agreement. Refuseing to sell a phone "cold" is a breach of contract, according to the affiliate agreement. And by doing so the kiosk is opening up iPCS for a potential lawsuit by both Sprint and yourself. This is something that I have studied about the affiliate agreement between iPCS and Sprint. If your local sprint store refuses to replace your defective handset under warranty, this is a breech of contract, not only with you but also with Sprint corporate. Techniclly they(iPCS) will be deemed in "default", wich will envoke other clauses of the affiliate agreement. If you get nowhere with iPCS corporate, then contact Sprint corporate, explain the situation and specifically mention iPCS by name several times. With the lawsuit and all I'm sure Sprint would love any more ammunition they can gather on iPCS.

iGroove
12-17-2005, 12:48 PM
LOL... wish I had a copy of the agreement...

I just called the kioski, and they informed me they still had 2 left.

Yea... their Radio Promo is really selling them out the door. They had 2 left at 10p last night when I called them.

I am going back up there..... Wish me luck!

zach

rip
12-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Go to your local sprint store and ask for their DM's information. Then call the DM from their store, in front of the manager if possible. This will make the store manager turn into a pretzel to "make it right". Chances are better than not the store manager is the kiosk's rep for iPCS.

gregor
12-17-2005, 01:42 PM
if that kiosk is a 3rd party dealer they can make their own rules on sales of handsets with no contract (at least it's that way here in jersey)
at our store we sell sprint nextel & t-mo and if somebody wants to buy a replacement phone we tell them they will pay $100 over our cost---if we sold upgrade/replacement phones at the reg. sell price we wouldn't stay in biz very long!

rip
12-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Everything Sprint related in that market is contracted through iPCS.That 3rd party has to contract through the affilliate. It is the affiliate that stocks the 3rd party retailer.

iGroove
12-17-2005, 06:33 PM
OK.... well I went back to the Mall in X-Mas season shopping.... Meaning to say when I got there I was not in a very good mood.

Well, I get there and speak to the Manager. After a brief conversation, she sold me the A900 out right... with the hope/promise that I would come back to her Kioski to buy a car charger or any other type acces. as soon as they get them in.

I don't want to go into detail about the convo... I got the A900 and thats the point. Although, I did confirm, yes the Kioski is owned by iPCS.

All in all.... afternoon turned out good except for when I called CS to activate. I tried the "ESN SWAP" conversation.... but obviously I was dealing with a CSR that knew about this phone and EVDO, etc. etc.... meaning to say... I could not get her to just swap the ESN's... I know others here say that is all you have to tell them, but she was American & Nice.... I did not have the heart to argue with her.

So... thanks everyone..... Good-Bye 5600, Hello A900.... Now time to hit ebay or something with this 5600.... ;)

zach

Eyecandi
03-04-2012, 03:04 AM
Hey I really need some help and advice on filling an complaint against an sprint store in my city.

Friday the 2nd I went to an sprint because I was having a problem with my gaxsy so the lady at the store check my account and she told me I qualify for the iPhone 4, so she told me instead of me having to wait for them to order me a new phone and having to come back in fourth to the store I could just pay 30 dollars to get the iPhone. Of course I agreed it sounded like a real good deal so I bought the phone and left. So the first thing I wanted to do is add music on my iphone4 from my desktop. Without knowing everything I use on this phone has to go through iTunes. I'm the type of person where I love to save money so why get Internet in my home when I always have it with me on my phone.

So now I'm verry pissed off cause the rep should hve told me I needed Internet connection in my home Inorder to take music off my desktop to send it to an file on iTunes. For me to hve my music so I goes no to the store sat and told them that she did not tell me I had to have Internet in my home in order to put music on my phone. So the manger told me I can make a payment of 35 dollars for a new phone or I could try going to an apple store to see if they could take the music off my memory card and download it to my phone.

So I goes to an apple store and they tell me I can't do it. So not only the rep did not give me a full description of the phone the manger also sent me on a wild goose chase.

I pissed I plan on taking the phone back to day and they gonna refund my 30 dollars back to me. I wanna know if I do a refund what about the phone I've givin them for me to even qualify to only pay 30 dollars towards this iPhone 4.

I feel if I return this phone I should at least get the phone bk I had before including my 30 dollars Cause this is not right if I would've have knowin I needed Internet connection in my home I would've just let the phone stay their and be happy wit my android.

My account wit sprint is going to be closing on the first of April MY TWO YEARS is up with sprint bt I wanna know what iam I suppose to use in the mean time while I still hve an open account SPRINT IS.

w7excursion
03-04-2012, 03:09 AM
Return the phone

Dan
03-04-2012, 04:15 AM
Return the phone

The person your replying to needs to return the phone it seems. It's unfortunate they can't just get iTunes on their computer somehow. Maybe the Apple store would have had a copy of iTunes they could have used to load it on their home computer.

OP, if you gave Sprint your Android device and got an iPhone 4 you likely were given that option as an "no TEP" type exchange. If that is the case, you have lost your phone as it has likely already been sent back to Sprint.

If that is the case, do this. Your contract should not have been extended, keep the iPhone 4 and run your contract out with Sprint and then just sell the iPhone. It is sure to be worth more than any other device they would have exchanged it for when you go to sell it.

faceofnoone
03-04-2012, 05:00 AM
^ my guess is they were eligible to upgrade and they did a buyback on the old device

Eyecandi
03-04-2012, 09:01 AM
See the thing wit that is my 2years is up with sprint in April since I did an upgrade b4 April the lady just added another line on my account to start a whole 2 years over so I hve two lines on my accout and she told me when April come just tell sprint to cancel my old line and start using my new number so is their a way I could tell them I wanna keep my old line and tell them to take the new line off cause I just rather close my accout cause I'm tired of the friendly bull**** sprint has to offer

Eyecandi
03-04-2012, 09:15 AM
It's useless to me to have an iPhone when I can't put my music on it from my desktop at home it's a wast of money to hve intrernet at home when I have it on my phone everywhere I go bt the chic at the sprint store faild to tell me I needed Internet access from home I can't do nothing with this phone with out iTunes besides talk text nd Internet I want my music and the apple store rep told me they can't transfer files from Off my memeroy card on to this phone so this phone is useless in my case

acunn1
03-04-2012, 10:05 AM
I say return the phone and cancel the line. You are with in your 30 day window.

slick69
03-04-2012, 10:55 AM
You don't need internet to load your music into your iPhone from your computer. Go to a Starbucks and download a copy of iTunes on either your computer (if its a laptop) or your phone (idk how) and then go home and install it. Either that or get it burned on a CD from somewhere.

How did you get your music onto your computer to begin with?

Dan
03-04-2012, 03:24 PM
See the thing wit that is my 2years is up with sprint in April since I did an upgrade b4 April the lady just added another line on my account to start a whole 2 years over so I hve two lines on my accout and she told me when April come just tell sprint to cancel my old line and start using my new number so is their a way I could tell them I wanna keep my old line and tell them to take the new line off cause I just rather close my accout cause I'm tired of the friendly bull**** sprint has to offer

You just need to cancel the "new" line ASAP as it is under a 14 day return policy. This would mean their is no good reason why the customer would not have the "old" device, and the "old" line should have a device on it.

Contact account services at *2. discuss the situation clearly and intelligently. They should be able to help you and possibly just let the "old" line go ETF free a month early. Port one of the numbers to another carrier if you like and return the iPhone and your all done.

slick69
03-04-2012, 08:42 PM
You just need to cancel the "new" line ASAP as it is under a 14 day return policy. This would mean their is no good reason why the customer would not have the "old" device, and the "old" line should have a device on it.

Contact account services at *2. discuss the situation clearly and intelligently. They should be able to help you and possibly just let the "old" line go ETF free a month early. Port one of the numbers to another carrier if you like and return the iPhone and your all done.

Except that he has yet to get back his SGS2. I know I'd be pissed if I didn't get that back.

Riinku
03-04-2012, 09:01 PM

If you are within the first 14 days of the upgrade, or the new line, you have every right to return the equipment, and receive any dollar spent returned to you. It's a shame that you were given the runaround with this upgrade, but I think I can help. You stated that you need wifi in order to download itunes correct? Well, if the phone is activated, the iphone 4 is hotspot capable. What I suggest you do, activate the service, use it to connect your laptop/desktop with wi-fi, then download itunes for the music transfer. This is my understanding of the issue and this should resolve it. The hotspot service pro-rates to about a dollar per day.

There are many guides online that will help you get this set up, as well as our dedicated iPhone techncial support team, that can also help resolve the issue. If you need anything at all, PM me and I can give you as much help as you need.

I hope this information finds you well, and you are able to get any issue you have resolved.

Riinku
03-04-2012, 09:02 PM
I say return the phone and cancel the line. You are with in your 30 day window.

It's not 30 days anymore. The policy has changed to 14.

PokerFace23
03-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Like previously stated sounds like they did a buy back in old device, added new line and put a dummy phone on old phone. Shady rep and pretty desperate. Bring it up with store management and district manager if possible so somebody is held responsible for the actions.

Dan
03-05-2012, 12:02 AM
If the store manager and district manager do not give the desired results (creating false churn is supposed to be a big no no) then google "sprint consumerist hotline" and speak to someone there.

myselfdotcom
03-05-2012, 11:17 AM
You realized that you bumped a thread that is almost 7 years old!

PokerFace23
03-05-2012, 06:17 PM

Nope. The beauty of the app lol

Kendog210
03-05-2012, 10:01 PM
If you want anything done about your situation besides the typical "Im sorry" letter, I would recommend a FCC complaint. Dont waste your time with the BBB

horsehaulin
03-06-2012, 05:23 AM

I hope you meant months.

Sent from my iPhone using SU Forum

Dan
03-06-2012, 07:30 AM
It really doesn't matter how old the thread is. The poster was actually searching and used a thread that was on the topic of an issue with the store and filing some complaint.

The most recent poster asking for help was this month. Replying is certainly smart :)

sitlet
03-06-2012, 10:11 AM
You don't need internet to load your music into your iPhone from your computer. Go to a Starbucks and download a copy of iTunes on either your computer (if its a laptop) or your phone (idk how) and then go home and install it. Either that or get it burned on a CD from somewhere.

How did you get your music onto your computer to begin with?

Exactly. If your only problem with the phone is that you have to have itunes, there are many ways of getting itunes onto your computer.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.