PDA

View Full Version : Go straight to voicemail

lizangel
09-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Hi
how can i call someone and go straight to voicemail without having to speak to them?

Freak4Dell
09-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Dial 11 and then the number.

lizangel
09-13-2005, 03:50 PM
hmm, i tried that and it didn't work

sitlet
09-13-2005, 04:41 PM
wow...there is a thread about this not 1 inch above this one:

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66816

dial 11 then the 10 digit number

lizangel
09-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Nevermind...i tried so many times. It doesn't work with my phone. Sprint operator states i entered a wrong code or something.

Thanks anyway!

laursifer
09-13-2005, 08:06 PM
I know it doesn't work in certain areas, specifically NY I believe, among a few others.

Oh, and to be a little fair to the OP, the thread that's posted not too far below this about the 11 thing isn't titled clearly. Just "Cool Trick."

Dan
09-14-2005, 03:26 AM
I know it doesn't work in certain areas, specifically NY I believe, among a few others.

Oh, and to be a little fair to the OP, the thread that's posted not too far below this about the 11 thing isn't titled clearly. Just "Cool Trick."

Must be a NYC area thing, works fine in buffalo. Just like calling LD from home phone but with an extra 1. 11 585 555 5555 as an example, but maybe its that an 11 code just doesnt work in certain areas :( Glad it does here!

jtudor
09-14-2005, 05:54 AM
Is this just for Sprint or can you use this with any cell phone number?

Freak4Dell
09-14-2005, 04:56 PM
I think it's only Sprint.

burgermania
09-14-2005, 10:05 PM
the easiest way is to go into your voicemail and then choose option #2 from the main menu which is "Send a Message." This will allow you to leave a VoiceMail without actually "calling" that person. This is only for other SprintPCS customers however.

If you want to leave a VM for non SprintPCS customers w/out actually "calling" that person you need to find that carriers "call in" number. This is a number where one can check their VM when not on their cell. Hope this helps.

Dan
09-14-2005, 10:39 PM
the easiest way is to go into your voicemail and then choose option #2 from the main menu which is "Send a Message." This will allow you to leave a VoiceMail without actually "calling" that person. This is only for other SprintPCS customers however.

When 11+ number works, its a great way to check voicemail and not get charged for it. Sprint treats it like you calling another PCS number so its mobile to mobile. Maybe sprint should just allow us to call our own numbers as mobile to mobile instead of taking it from the AT bucket of minutes! At night with free n/w it really wouldnt matter.......

Freak4Dell
09-15-2005, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I think that's completely retarded. Most companies don't penalize you for checking your voicemail. Really, calling yourself should be considered M2M, because you're calling a mobile number from a mobile number. The mobile number you're calling just happens to be your own.

Dan
09-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I think that's completely retarded. Most companies don't penalize you for checking your voicemail. Really, calling yourself should be considered M2M, because you're calling a mobile number from a mobile number. The mobile number you're calling just happens to be your own.

Im not sure about cingular and t-mo........ but I know many people that have "cricket" phones and quite a few on verizon. Both of those use a * code for voicemail so its treated like free airtime to listen, though im not sure if verizon charges you for the time the person talks when they record the message. Cricket doesnt really matter as its unlimited calling!

DjDynasty
09-15-2005, 11:03 PM
AT&T & Cingular Voicemail is a M2m Call. My Voicemail # is 630-699-1203 which isnt my actual cell number. T-mobile you just dial 123. And they charge anytime minutes, but if you dial your own actual number by hand it becomes mobile to mobile on t-mobile. So far only Sprint still charges.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.