PDA

View Full Version : Does Sprint price match new phones?

pshooper
07-18-2005, 08:20 AM
I want to replace my current phone, my contract is up for renewal, and I just saw a Treo 650 at buy.com for $175 after rebates. Problem is that it is on Verizon. Will a Sprint store price match this phone if I want to buy a Sprint version and renew my contract?

betogat
07-18-2005, 08:27 AM
I know locally they do, if you see it in BB or CC, but online I doubt it. You can try, but is better to call in that way you save money. Also remember, the prices at buy.com is for new customers to sprint, not current ones.

hookedonitunes
07-18-2005, 09:06 AM
I want to replace my current phone, my contract is up for renewal, and I just saw a Treo 650 at buy.com for $175 after rebates. Problem is that it is on Verizon. Will a Sprint store price match this phone if I want to buy a Sprint version and renew my contract?

If it's on Verizon, i doubt that they'll price match it. But even if it's online, if you go into a sprint store as long as it's a new sprint phone they'll price match it. But like the post above says i think it's only for a new line of service.

plurseed
07-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Most of your stores will not price match. You can try, it doesnít hurt to ask the store if the could do that for you. But in all cased they will say no. because itís a rebate.

Jake
07-18-2005, 10:20 AM
Mine has always done a price match for me.

Sanyo7400
07-18-2005, 10:39 AM
the price match is done on sprint phones only, not a competitor's phone.

Rachel
07-18-2005, 11:18 AM

I work for Sprint and have personally never heard of price matching. You may check with your local Sprint store. Rules may sometimes vary in different markets. But honestly, I dobut it.

winmax
07-18-2005, 07:53 PM
The Sprint approach is to send you on a futile chase for a better deal. I've been trying to get a deal on a Treo 650 and can't get anything special. I called trying get them to match a Earthlink Wireless deal ($249 w/24month contract, 500 minutes for $39.95, unlimited data $19.95 free roaming) and can't get them to budge. CSR tells me to try a local Sprint Store, and The SS reps are morons.

Once I confirm a couple of questions about the nature of the Earthlink network, I'm gone.

NwIndianasFines
07-18-2005, 08:20 PM
I was in my local Sprint store the other day and there was a sign that said if you find a cheaper phone within 30 days they will match that price......

winmax
07-18-2005, 08:26 PM
I was in my local Sprint store the other day and there was a sign that said if you find a cheaper phone within 30 days they will match that price......

I suppose they will if it's the same model and it's Sprint branded. Otherwise, I doubt it. For example i can buy the Treo for $249 via Earthlink or $175 via Cingular, but they likely will not match either one. The Cingular because the charge so much $25/ month more for data. and Earthlink either because of agreements or fear.

As far as they are concerned a phone from another carrier is a different model. Strange but true.

Deval
07-19-2005, 01:31 AM
Price matches are done if you bring in a printed advertisement from retailer, such as BB, RS, etc. web-deals are not normally priced matched, but it depends on store manager

upp3r 3ch3lon
07-19-2005, 10:57 PM
Price matches are done if you bring in a printed advertisement from retailer, such as BB, RS, etc. web-deals are not normally priced matched, but it depends on store manager

is that just for new customers?

KishanShah
07-19-2005, 11:24 PM
I got my phone price matched. I had a LG PM-325 for $50 after a new activation. This was in early May.

Deval
07-19-2005, 11:33 PM
is that just for new customers?

I believe all customers qualify

Trini
07-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Wirelessly posted (Toshiba 4050: VM4050/132.037 UP.Browser/6.2.2.4.e.1.100 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

How about matching Costco prices. Treo 650?

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.