PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between Verizon's Ring Back Tones VS Sprint's Call Tones?

airplane660
06-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Question is above...

stevedave
06-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Question is above...

Nothing, they are both stupid and a waste of money

Don't beat me up for this, just my opinion

NaughtyPine
06-24-2005, 02:32 PM
They are the same.

Willie_Esco23
06-24-2005, 02:35 PM

Yeah I agree that there both stupid and a waste of money and completly immature. My friend had that with T-mobile and lost a job cause of it. He had Ludacris asking why you were buggin the person that you were calling and asking you if had life and also asking if you realy needed to call the person. Either way the employor called a few times and got the same ring back and my friend lost the job opening becuase he wanted to do something cool with his phone. And it's really got annoying when ever I would call him cause I had to listen to the ring back for 30 seconds before I could get to his voice mail. Well I dont really care if any one flames at me I just think ring backs or what ever it's call in un-perfesional and immature. I mean if your younger 21 years then I guess that would suit you but if your older then 21 I really think you got problems if your using ring backs.

PrettyHairShawn
06-24-2005, 02:42 PM
T-Mobile has more choices for ring back tones, Sprint only has about 1000 so far. I don't know what are the options for T-Mobile, but on Spint you can set it so it only play at a certain time of the day. It would be common sense not to use any offensive ring back during business hours.

kLiMaX
06-24-2005, 02:48 PM
my friend used it for a while and i hated it! its not that confusing or anything, its just imature and any 12 year old can enjoy themselves... ;)

Carterism
06-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone SCP-8100/US/1.0) NetFront/3.0 MMP/2.0)

Yeah I agree that there both stupid and a waste of money and completly immature. My friend had that with T-mobile and lost a job cause of it. He had Ludacris asking why you were buggin the person that you were calling and asking you if had life and also asking if you realy needed to call the person. Either way the employor called a few times and got the same ring back and my friend lost the job opening becuase he wanted to do something cool with his phone. And it's really got annoying when ever I would call him cause I had to listen to the ring back for 30 seconds before I could get to his voice mail. Well I dont really care if any one flames at me I just think ring backs or what ever it's call in un-perfesional and immature. I mean if your younger 21 years then I guess that would suit you but if your older then 21 I really think you got problems if your using ring backs.

Thats Why Theres An Option To Assign The Tones. Ur Friend Should Know Better And Assign His Caller Tones To Certain People And Not Just To Anyone.

Willie_Esco23
06-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Wirelessly posted (LGE-MM535/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2.l.1.100 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

My friend had luda from 7am to 8pm and lil jon from 8pm to 7am. Eiter way I hated calling him cause of the ring backs. Just seems too childish something for teenie boppers.

fl00d_pr0z
06-24-2005, 04:49 PM
I haven't had time to look through them, but they don't offer anything saying "Please Wait While Your Call Is Connected" Or anything other then music ?

sel1965
06-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Myself and most of my friends went to K State and I have all thier TN's ringing with the KState fight song! They like that I like it not that it's childish or anything it's just different. Their numbers are the only ones that ring with that though.

Willie_Esco23
06-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Wirelessly posted (LGE-MM535/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2.l.1.100 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone SCP-8100/US/1.0) NetFront/3.0 MMP/2.0)

Thats Why Theres An Option To Assign The Tones. Ur Friend Should Know Better And Assign His Caller Tones To Certain People And Not Just To Anyone.

Like I said if you wanna use then go ahead! I just can't see myself wasting money on it. Why do you care what the person calling hears on the other end? I just see what's wrong with the standard ring that's been in existance since the phone was invented. I don't know maybe I'am getting old (25) or something?.

GeoBau
06-24-2005, 06:47 PM
I don't think they're immature, to be honest. I've got some friends with T-Mo that just have "Here's some music while you wait for me to answer the phone". I don't think I'm pathetically immature, though I do find it mildly amusing. I wouldn't put it on my phone, but I wouldn't hang up on someone because of it.

I believe it depends heavily upon what someone might choose as their ringer, and for whom they allow it to play. To catagorically call it "immature" is a little narrow, IMO.

G

Deval
06-24-2005, 06:51 PM
same crap :hee:

Willie_Esco23
06-25-2005, 12:09 PM
same crap :hee:

I agree!!. And like I said before what's so wrong with the standard ringer all of a sudden??? I mean why should you entertain peolpe while they wait for you to pick up the phone???.

Visionwhore
06-25-2005, 02:12 PM

To say the ringtones are categorically immature is plain stupid. My best friend and I both went to the University of Florida, so when he calls I have our fight song play. My mother enjoys the voice saying "Please stay on the line, your son's phone is ringing". I find it hard to believe that my mother is in any way immature for enjoying her caller tone and the one she has for me. Also, in ur infinite wisdom did u ever stop to think that a lot of ppl have credits every month for their vision services? I have $10 a month to blow so whats $1.50? And ur friend is dumb for not making the caller tones on his phone number-specific. Id much rather hear a voice saying ur friend's phone is ringing than the annoying "ring ring ring" I usually hear. I'm 23 so I guess I should be out doing whatever it is u do b/c apparently ur the sovereign judge of maturity.

steb0ne
06-25-2005, 03:43 PM

Your friend is an idiot for giving the cell phone number (that has Ludacris for a ring back) for a contact number for employment.

And since you don't care if you get flamed, how "un-perfesional" or immature is saying that if you're older than 21 using ring backs that you have problems? If someone wants to have something different and don't mind paying for it, what's the problem?

That statement if immature. IMO

NaughtyPine
06-25-2005, 04:37 PM
What if you played elevator music?

cass309
06-25-2005, 04:45 PM
i would like it if i was able to record my own voice you knoiw like voice mail telling my friends that will be with them in a moment

Visionwhore
06-26-2005, 03:57 AM
i would like it if i was able to record my own voice you knoiw like voice mail telling my friends that will be with them in a moment

That would be cool.

The SPCS Guy
06-26-2005, 08:52 AM
Sprint might charge $15.00 extra for a customized tone like that.....lol

JE

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.