PDA

View Full Version : Any Body Know How To Obtain Sprint Msl Codes

shortyboyinc
06-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Any Body Know How To Obtain Msl Codes Without Contacting Sprint I Have A 8200 And Iwant To Use It On Another Carrier But The 8200 Is On A Account Under My Friend And He's Just Gonna Let Them Cancel The Line Out

NwIndianasFines
06-19-2005, 08:29 PM
What is a MSL code???

shortyboyinc
06-19-2005, 08:42 PM
the code that locks your phone to the phone compnay you are on

MisterFuhrman
06-19-2005, 08:46 PM
I think you can find the MSL using BitPim.

SprintSuperviso
06-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Call in and ask to reprogam the phone and just write down the MSL

Smallville
06-20-2005, 12:58 AM
Call in and ask to reprogam the phone and just write down the MSL

this guy is very very helpful he alsao gets a very huge http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Cuban_Crisis/tup.gif

SprintSuperviso
06-20-2005, 08:58 AM
I am a Supervisor dontcha know ;)

LonaLee
06-20-2005, 09:20 AM
how do you use a sprint phone on another carrier????

vman51
06-20-2005, 10:06 PM
"if you dont know what it is, you probably don't need it"

and yes, you can get ur msl using bitpim, but i don't know if the 8200 is supported...
ill look for the guide on how to do it with bitpim...

Draggar
06-21-2005, 06:52 AM
this guy is very very helpful he alsao gets a very huge http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Cuban_Crisis/tup.gif

He's also posting information that he's not supposed to therefore making life difficult for those of us who follow the rules and try to help.

If he really is a "supervisor" he (or she?) is a poor one.

Matt
06-21-2005, 07:32 AM
Wirelessly posted (SHARP-TM-150/1.0 Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.2.6.c.2.102 (GUI) MMP/1.0)

He's also posting information that he's not supposed to therefore making life difficult for those of us who follow the rules and try to help.

If he really is a "supervisor" he (or she?) is a poor one.

Screw it. Let him/her enjoy some lesser cdma carrier. :joy:

Matt
06-21-2005, 07:36 AM
Wirelessly posted (SHARP-TM-150/1.0 Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.2.6.c.2.102 (GUI) MMP/1.0)

I am a Supervisor dontcha know ;)

Supervisor? That's nice. Learn some respect or you wont last long around here. Newbie.

Bohemian Iconoclast
06-21-2005, 10:26 AM
...hey Matt...lighten up a bit, willya...?

I hear other users don't like it when ordinary users play cop... :rolleyes:

SprintSuperviso
06-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Hey that's fine lol I signed up here to help people out, but that's fine I have no interest in helping people who are going to be jerks, so I'm gone

Draggar
06-22-2005, 06:50 AM
Hey that's fine lol I signed up here to help people out, but that's fine I have no interest in helping people who are going to be jerks, so I'm gone

What do you expect when the (real) employees who post here try to follow the M&Ps and NDAs as closely as we can while someone else, who claims to work for Sprint, openly has no respect for them and violates then in less than 20 posts?

Some of us want to help. Some others are pissed at Sprint for many reasons (and coincidently a lot of them pop up here immediately after a fraud sweep, coincidence?), others just claim to work for Sprint because they want to look like they're credible.

NaughtyPine
06-23-2005, 04:54 AM
I'm a supervisor. :headbang2

MSL codes are differentr for almost every device, not just the model. So you have approximatley 4782969 potentional msls for each device. But only one will word. And one will be the One Time Lock Code.

Answer your questions?

Bohemian Iconoclast
06-28-2005, 08:41 PM
...I've got a bad feeling about this...

Roshan Shaw
06-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Why would you have a bad feeling?

The SPCS Guy
06-30-2005, 02:50 PM
Wow!

Je

Bohemian Iconoclast
06-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Why would you have a bad feeling?

...because someone with an MSL and a limited amount of knowledge can seriously screw up their phone...then they are upset because the phone had to be reset and they lost data...

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread...having fit the description before, I know this well... :deal:

CSWORKER
07-02-2005, 11:48 PM
What do you expect when the (real) employees who post here try to follow the M&Ps and NDAs as closely as we can while someone else, who claims to work for Sprint, openly has no respect for them and violates then in less than 20 posts?

Some of us want to help. Some others are pissed at Sprint for many reasons (and coincidently a lot of them pop up here immediately after a fraud sweep, coincidence?), others just claim to work for Sprint because they want to look like they're credible.

I work for Sprint as well, and will release any info its out there somewhere else why not post it here..I can care less for the company as well, they are to stuck on AHT, MAX, but want FCR to be all high, lets not talk about adjustments that another story , we want to satisfy cust , but by the way don't give adj on the acct, if they go over no adj they got to pay...Yea ok cust serv should be first no MAX, Sprint is backwards and you know it is, wether you may want to admit it or not...

Draggar
07-03-2005, 05:15 AM
I work for Sprint as well, and will release any info its out there somewhere else why not post it here..I can care less for the company as well, they are to stuck on AHT, MAX, but want FCR to be all high, lets not talk about adjustments that another story , we want to satisfy cust , but by the way don't give adj on the acct, if they go over no adj they got to pay...Yea ok cust serv should be first no MAX, Sprint is backwards and you know it is, wether you may want to admit it or not...

No one is forcing you to sign your paycheck.

If you're that unhappy, then find another job.

Just because you're unhappy doens't mean you can violate the NDA that you signed when you started working for the company.

(and saying that you could care less about the company just tells us how you really feel, you're in the disgruntled demographic).

Bohemian Iconoclast
07-03-2005, 10:54 AM
...so where is he supposed to go...yet another corporation that is more interested in pleasing stockholders than customers...?

If the corporations would move beyond that and actually make sure the customers are happy, they would have raving fans...then pleasing the stockholders would happen due to the law of cause and effect...

CSWORKER
07-03-2005, 01:23 PM
I use sprint because of the flex sch and being able to swap days etccc...thats the only good thing about it..

Bohemian Iconoclast
07-03-2005, 02:10 PM
"MOST people lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau (emphasis mine, and paraphrased...it is not just men who are affected)

If it was as easy as changing your place of employment, I strongly doubt that would be true of "most people."

daewoo
06-06-2006, 04:20 AM
Im dealing with the same problem, i tried to contact sprint for the MSL, they didn't want to give it to me. i tried to download bitpim but even though i need to know how to use bitpim in order to find the msl. Also need help...

lordaaronj
06-06-2006, 07:40 AM
Not every Sprint employee (or seller of Sprint phones) had to sign a NDA to get their employment. (Myself for example) I wouldn't assume someone is in the wrong just because they are helping someone else.

By the way, if you call customer service, are nice and polite, and catch someone who is not a disgruntled employee, you can get your code for the asking.

And it's not our fault when you screw up your phone :-)

blanka2k3
06-06-2006, 10:21 AM
I called CS yesterday about my bill (just had a few questions) the rep was really nice and asked if there was anything else I need I was like no...actually can I get my msl number please...sure hold on a second I will pull that info up for you...ok here it is get a pen out its a 6 digit number...blah blah...ok thank you, you have been very helpful...bye bye

rennyn
06-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Im dealing with the same problem, i tried to contact sprint for the MSL, they didn't want to give it to me. i tried to download bitpim but even though i need to know how to use bitpim in order to find the msl. Also need help...

Just call them again. And again and again if you have to. There's a repository of 800 numbers, use it to call Tech support directly, or Tier 2 support.

I called at 11:30pm PST on a Sunday night and the rep gave it to me without even a pause.

virgoboy22
06-06-2006, 02:25 PM

I completely agree man. People get on here and abuse this site by saying "Oh yeah come to me I'm a moderator!" But when people ask them a question, they're nowhere to be found....

There ARE those, like me, on the other hand that have at least half a clue about what they're doing and give a crap about cell phones who then try and help the Sprint PCS community with problems!

Quick tip for anybody who fits into this: If you don't work for Sprint, and you're on here saying you do, stop it. No one likes a fake, and we will find you eventually.

-virgo.

virgoboy22
06-06-2006, 02:32 PM

Okay this is what I did. I was nervous when I did it, but it's simple. Call customer service (*2) and ask for technical support. Then tell them your cell phone is not working and you need your phone reset. They will reset the phone for you, which won't change anything. Then when they ask if there's anything else you need help with, ask if you could have the MSL code. In theory, they should happily give it to you, no questions asked. But in the event that they don't, just call back and try it again with another rep.

-virgo

aerojef
06-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Here's how I got the code for my 7500 - tried CS, no luck, but they transferred me to Tech Support. I told them that I had a buddy who wanted me to help beta-test a program he was working on for the 7500 because I had the phone and he didn't, and he told me to call Sprint and get my MSL number. She was more than happy to give it to me!

*Note - be VERY polite - cheerfulness will get you everywhere :D

zebradude
06-10-2006, 08:54 PM
Okay this is what I did. I was nervous when I did it, but it's simple. Call customer service (*2) and ask for technical support. Then tell them your cell phone is not working and you need your phone reset. They will reset the phone for you, which won't change anything. Then when they ask if there's anything else you need help with, ask if you could have the MSL code. In theory, they should happily give it to you, no questions asked. But in the event that they don't, just call back and try it again with another rep.

-virgo

The problem with your idea is if the person you talk to happens to be unhappy with your request for the MSL they could note it on your account and you are in deep do do!

I have gotten my MSL for all of my sprint phones by just calling up and by acting real dumb and friendly and stating that i have changed my lock code on my phone and I
locked myself out. They will go through their instructions and find out that they can walk you through reprogramming the phone ( the six digit number they give you after the ## with be the MSL )and that will reset the lock code back to the last 4 digits and the tech is happy to help you and you :wavey: have what you need AND YOU HAVE NO ADVERSE NOTES ON YOUR ACCOUNT.

Ps. I need the MSL to flip on the developer cert on so i can play with pre rel java appls.

rrobbi03
06-12-2006, 12:35 PM

Supervisor? That's nice. Learn some respect or you wont last long around here. Newbie.
this comment just floored me... i really... i couldnt believe it... i mean.. i think this guy is being really good to all you guys helping you out with your issues.. and i mean.. he would know he's on the inside... i just cant believe the nerve of some ppl. i think the only one that needs to learn respect is you.

Foneman
06-12-2006, 03:51 PM
It sounds like the MSL code is a beneficial thing to have...although I can't see why. What does it do? Prevent roaming? Is it that great of a thing to have? I'm interested in calling to see if I can get mine - I just need to know more about it.

rennyn
06-12-2006, 04:11 PM
If you don't know WHY you need your's, then you most likely don't, and it is better off not having it and not playing around with it.

They are needed for reprogramming phones as well as changing some important settings.

TheRemedy
06-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Call your local store, they seem a lot happier to give it out than corporate. I asked what the big deal was, and the associate said "I don't know, its your phone, you paid for the service and the phone, we have people ask for it all the time, we always give it out." When I called *2 they said, "we can't give that out over the phone", I said no problem and called my local store. How can you reprogram if CS can't give this number out? I don't know why they feel this is such a big deal, if people want to screw up their phones, its their problems. People screw up their computers all the time, and then their just SOL.

KungFoo
06-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Thought Id share my experience with you guys.

I needed my MSL # in order to use QPST, so I simply dialed *2 and requested the MSL # for my phone.
The rep asked me,
Do you need to have your phone reprogrammed?
I told him, No, I require the MSL # in order to upload some ringers and wallpapers to my phone with a program I have.
He promptly gave me the MSL #, and I bid him a good day.

I dont think they really care.

endless4105
06-27-2006, 11:57 AM

Who are you? The Sprint Police? We are here to share information, not to play good cop-bad cop. Its not like he's telling someone how to fraudulently open an account, or how to embezzel money from Sprint. In case you forgot, YOU ARE IN A FORUM NAMED TIPS & TRICKS

uhdt2007
04-26-2009, 06:32 PM
I need help getting the MSL for my Palm Centro I was given. I called Sprint with all the info they needed and was turned down. Under no circumstances would they give me the code; only in the store and I don't have time to go. Anyway, I have tried just about everything (downloads, syncing, etc.) and I need a quick fix. I can provide the ESN for any pros or employees. Just need a little help.

Thanks

acunn1
04-29-2009, 05:13 PM
I think you can find the MSL using BitPim.

If your phone is supported you can. Otherwise call CS and say you need it to program your phone. I have always been able to get mine.

I don't believe you can use it on another service regardless if you have the msl or not.

fastzipperus
05-05-2009, 05:24 PM
I find the easiest way to get your MSL code is to call sprint ask for technical support and just plan ask them for your MSL code, if they ask why you need it tell them you like to keep it for your records.

SprintDM
05-05-2009, 06:32 PM
i have 4 lines, and when I need the phone MSL, i would go to echat and say:

"I would need to do a MANUAL provisioning on the phone. And I would be needing my phone's MSL."

and if I don't get it at first try, I play dumb, "I am unable to place outcalls, it only says 'your account could not be validated, please contact customer services.' "

and if they insist on making AUTOMATIC provisioning by taking you thru menus without entering the code, continue playing dumb by saying "it still doesn't work" and insist that you want to try to do a MANUAL provisioning.

they will be forced to provide you the code.

and then I would save the MSL for the particular phone

mikewest
05-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Just activate the phone online...when you do it, read the screen carefully, there will be a link to click...if the phone does not provision correctly. (I forget what it says exactly.)

If you don't see it, just call sprint, and tell them the phone did not provision correctly. Don't bother asking them for the MSL code, you scare the employees when you sound smarter than them. Just let them guide you through the process with the "six digit code" as they will call it. (they don't like to call it the MSL, possibly because it sounds intimidating to normal sprint users?) This "six digit code" is the MSL.

I would use this line, " I tried to activate my phone online, it has been six hours and three minutes and still will not work. I think that the phone did not program correctly, can you help me program it correctly?"

Sometimes in life, you need to use a slight bit of social engineering. Just be careful where you draw the line, don't let it become full scale "pretexting." Pretexting can be illegal, and in some states is illegal regardless of the purpose. I do admit that pretexting can be fun, just not if used for illegal purposes. Pretexting is an important tool for private investigators.

Bohemian Iconoclast
05-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Pretexting is pretending to be someone you're not (i.e. identity theft).

If you own the account and the phone, this is irrelevant.

The info on pretexting is always a good reminder, however...as long as you clarify...

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.