PDA

View Full Version : Sprint's Roaming Partners

olsen469
06-08-2005, 04:32 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew who all Sprints roaming partners are, i know alltel and vzw are..but is us cellular? or any other? just curious where i will be about to roam

Chris4434
06-08-2005, 04:42 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew who all Sprints roaming partners are, i know alltel and vzw are..but is us cellular? or any other? just curious where i will be about to roam
sprint has many roaming partners... major ones are verizon, alltell, us cellular but they also have many smaller providers who they roam on such as carolina west wireless, alaska digitel, ect

CyByte
06-08-2005, 05:59 PM
I just added the free and clear option to my account for 5 dollars about 20 minutes ago. The lady said AT&T as one of them. Is that correct? I thought they used GSM?

HiTEC
06-08-2005, 07:11 PM
I just added the free and clear option to my account for 5 dollars about 20 minutes ago. The lady said AT&T as one of them. Is that correct? I thought they used GSM?

AT&T/Cingular is one of their partners for Analog roaming, but you're more likely to roam on one of the CDMA majors like Verizon, US Cellular, or Alltel. If you roam analog, there is a good chance you're on a Verizon analog tower or a Cingular/AT&T tower.

You need to look at the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) and look at your area and see what the various carriers are and their priority. I have a good link to the PRL decodes, but it's not on this computer. Sorry.

Halo2Proz
06-08-2005, 07:29 PM
most of the areas are verizon digital or alltell (which is almost verizon anyway)

olsen469
06-08-2005, 07:47 PM
what part of wisconsin are you from? im from the appleton area. does the free and clear work good up in norther wisconsin? what phone do you have

CyByte
06-08-2005, 07:50 PM
what part of wisconsin are you from? im from the appleton area. does the free and clear work good up in norther wisconsin? what phone do you have

I'm from Darien, WI It is right next to Delavan, WI about 20 minutes away from Janesville WI.

I have great coverage where I live. the free and clear works perfectly. I used to have it before then got rid of it to save 5.00.

I've never been in a spot without service :)

jander
06-08-2005, 10:27 PM
I do know in noth/central Wisconsin (just on the outskirts of Merrill area) they have a roaming partner, CellularOne as I did the wonderful 611 while roaming and it went to their customer service.

Moogle
06-09-2005, 05:16 AM
In Phoenix the roaming partner is Alltel on 800mhz CDMA -- I think in other parts of Rural AZ its Western Wireless...

I know I was up at the Grand Canyon and was Digital Roaming the whole time... (Though my hotel was a little off the main road and I could only get an Analog Roaming signal if I was indoors.)

Moogle

gdrenick
09-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Greetings. This is my first post.
I am on a f&c plan - when am I charged for roaming and long distance? Is it dependent on purchasing the $10/50 minute off-network option?

I emailed a Sprint CSR a couple of times, but I am not confident of the answers since they seemed to contradict themselves. At any rate, I am really trying to figure out what is in my plan for a 60-mile radius of Anchorage, AK. Thanks in advance.

plurseed
09-05-2005, 01:51 PM
I do know in noth/central Wisconsin (just on the outskirts of Merrill area) they have a roaming partner, CellularOne as I did the wonderful 611 while roaming and it went to their customer service.

Most of wi is cellone. I believe it goes into to U.P. as well.

olsen469
09-05-2005, 07:40 PM
yeah wisconsins sprint roaming partners are cellularone, alltel, and verizon (us cellular maybe?)

cellular one is mostly upper wisconsin and they offer both GSM and CMDA
www.cellularone.com zip code: 54540 for more info

larry
09-06-2005, 12:26 AM
In Phoenix the roaming partner is Alltel on 800mhz CDMA -- I think in other parts of Rural AZ its Western Wireless...

I know I was up at the Grand Canyon and was Digital Roaming the whole time... (Though my hotel was a little off the main road and I could only get an Analog Roaming signal if I was indoors.)

Moogle

Oddly when I was at the Grand Canyon last month my old Samsung A680 could not pick up any signal of any kind even though my brother's Sanyo 8200 was CDMA roaming on Alltel. No idea why but don't think it was a bad phone since it roams everywhere else with no problem. *shrug*

hotnspicychic03
09-06-2005, 05:09 AM
Greetings. This is my first post.
I am on a f&c plan - when am I charged for roaming and long distance? Is it dependent on purchasing the $10/50 minute off-network option?

I emailed a Sprint CSR a couple of times, but I am not confident of the answers since they seemed to contradict themselves. At any rate, I am really trying to figure out what is in my plan for a 60-mile radius of Anchorage, AK. Thanks in advance.

The 10.00 50 minute off network option is for when you use your phone and it is not on sprint network(digital and analog roam). Long distance should be included in your plan.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.