PDA

View Full Version : Help--Call Forwarding

saukriver
05-20-2005, 07:09 AM
I hope I can avoid a call to Sprint CS.

My phone was set for many years so that calls to my Sprint cellphone would right several times on the cellphone and then (after so many rings or if busy) just forward over to my work phone and then go into my work voicemail. (That way I only have to check one voicemail account.) To do this (as many carriers allow under different names), I had to not have a cellphone vm activated.

For some reason, this is now not working on my Sprint phone. Does anyone know the codes to get this set up? I think it was *72 and then the number to forward to and then *73 to cancel.

I am not talking about basic call forwarding. Basic call forwarding is not helpful because then all calls go to my work phone and then to my voicemail at work. What I am talking about allows the cellphone to ring first. But if I am busy or don't answer the call forwards over.

It goes by name. I forget what sprint calls it. Ring No Answer. Call Forwarding No Answer.

saukriver
05-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Y'all were no help. I broke down and called Sprint CS. (Very short time on hold, and then the guy I spoke with knew right away what I was talking about. Sprint must be hiring more people with gray matter.)

*72 is regular call forwarding
*73 is no answer call forwarding (what I want to route calls to my work phone/vm)
*74 is something called "busy call forwarding". DK what that is.

*720 to turn off call forwarding
*730 to turn off no answer call forwarding
*740 to turn off busy call forwarding (whatever that is).

Cannot have a cellphone mailbox (need to disconnect your cellphone mailbox) for either no answer call forwarding or busy call forwarding.

jgambler
06-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Is there an extra charge for this or is this part of the sprint plan?

Y'all were no help. I broke down and called Sprint CS. (Very short time on hold, and then the guy I spoke with knew right away what I was talking about. Sprint must be hiring more people with gray matter.)

*73 is no answer call forwarding (what I want to route calls to my work phone/vm)

Cannot have a cellphone mailbox (need to disconnect your cellphone mailbox) for either no answer call forwarding or busy call forwarding.

HiTEC
06-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Is there an extra charge for this or is this part of the sprint plan?

Went to sprintpcs.com, clicked "help" searched for "forwarding"

Using Call Forwarding

With Call Forwarding, you can automatically forward all incoming calls to another phone, so they won't ring on your Sprint PCS® Phone or go to your voicemail. Plus, you can still make outgoing calls from your Sprint PCS® Phone.

These instructions work for most of our phones. If your phone is different, please consult your phone's User's Guide.

To activate Call Forwarding:

1. Press * 7 2 on your Sprint PCS Phone.
2. Enter the ten-digit phone number (area code + telephone number) of the phone you want your calls forwarded to.
3. Press TALK (a tone will confirm that Call Forwarding is active).

To deactivate Call Forwarding:

1. Press * 7 2 0.
2. Press TALK (a tone will confirm the deactivation).

Note: Call Forwarding calls are charged an extra rate of $0.10 per minute, plus any applicable long-distance charges.

NotSureSprint
06-09-2005, 06:57 PM
Geesh, what a rip off. VOIP forwarding is FREE. Get a VOIP number, have that permanently forward to your cell phone and use the VOIP number as your "cell number" when you give it out.

Lot cheaper and actually more flexible solution.

Went to sprintpcs.com, clicked "help" searched for "forwarding"

Using Call Forwarding

With Call Forwarding, you can automatically forward all incoming calls to another phone, so they won't ring on your Sprint PCS® Phone or go to your voicemail. Plus, you can still make outgoing calls from your Sprint PCS® Phone.

These instructions work for most of our phones. If your phone is different, please consult your phone's User's Guide.

To activate Call Forwarding:

1. Press * 7 2 on your Sprint PCS Phone.
2. Enter the ten-digit phone number (area code + telephone number) of the phone you want your calls forwarded to.
3. Press TALK (a tone will confirm that Call Forwarding is active).

To deactivate Call Forwarding:

1. Press * 7 2 0.
2. Press TALK (a tone will confirm the deactivation).

Note: Call Forwarding calls are charged an extra rate of $0.10 per minute, plus any applicable long-distance charges.

saukriver
06-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Thanks, hi-tec, but I am not talking about regular *72 call forwarding.

I actually want the phone to ring on my cellphone and then fold over to vm if I don't answer the cellphone.

The goal is not to give people a new or VOIP number. (You can do that; it seems a hassle.) The goal is to have one place to check for voicemail.

hienl
05-22-2006, 09:35 PM
Tried to use *73. It said invalid code

hienl
05-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel. I will be happy
to assist you regarding the call forwarding.

Currently, this facility is not available. We have receive many
feedback about the call forwarding. I have forwarded your feedback to
the appropriate department.

When this will be launched you will be notified by us.

Thank you for contacting us.

E-Care
Sprint together with Nextel
"Where our customers come first!"

Question: HI,

Is there a way to set up no-answer or busy call forwarding? It's not
the regular call forwarding that costs 20c/min. It only forwards
no-answer or busy calls to another number instead of Sprint voicemail.

If yes, is there any cost to use it?

Thanks.

stephpcs
06-02-2006, 11:28 AM
are we charged for forwarded calls that you dont answer?

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.