PDA

View Full Version : How to disable voicemail?

buckra
03-25-2005, 02:02 PM
I wish to disable voicemail on my Samsung A760. I do not wish to have any messages left on it at anytime. Since I can find nothing on the forums or in the user's manual that addresses this issue, advice from anyone would be helpful.

synthe
03-25-2005, 03:33 PM
easiest way to make sure this happens is by calling in and having a trouble management (voice) technician remove voicemail off your plan. Yes it is an included service, but it still has a seperate line code. it wont affect anything else.

buckra
03-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Synthe-

Thanks for the information. I don't want to eliminate theability to use the voicemail, I just want to disable voicemail with the option of re-enabling it -without calling some Sprint operative- at some future time. If that is not feasible, I will take advantage of your option. I cannot believe that Sprint has crap like this (lack of options) in their system design.

synthe
03-25-2005, 03:47 PM
you can always get it added back on.

kccasey
03-25-2005, 04:02 PM
Synthe-

Thanks for the information. I don't want to eliminate theability to use the voicemail, I just want to disable voicemail with the option of re-enabling it -without calling some Sprint operative- at some future time. If that is not feasible, I will take advantage of your option. I cannot believe that Sprint has crap like this (lack of options) in their system design.
Is there any carrier out there that has the ability to allow the user to turn it on or off like a light switch, without having to call CS?

buckra
03-25-2005, 04:03 PM
you can always get it added back on.

Is there any way to disable it without having to call Sprint each time?

buckra
03-25-2005, 04:05 PM
Is there any carrier out there that has the ability to allow the user to turn it on or off like a light switch, without having to call CS?

I can do that on my Sprint landline.

synthe
03-25-2005, 04:22 PM
not that i know of

dewmik
03-25-2005, 04:24 PM
can't you put it on vacation????

dfwtxpatrick
03-25-2005, 05:10 PM
FYI,

As w/ SPCS, as of right now, there is no way to turn off VM w/o having it removed from your acct.

While you may need to deactivate it, you can only do that by calling in and having it removed from your acct. And you don't need to talk to a Trouble Tech, just a simple call to CS can get your VM removed. Make sure you tell them you want it removed as of today, or it will be there until the end of your cycle.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you do remove VM, as w/ any changes to the acct, it will stop you from being able to see what your acct is doing until the next billing cycle. I just wanted to tell you before you have it removed and then call in to complain you can't view your acct online. Okay.

synthe
03-25-2005, 05:23 PM
FYI,

As w/ SPCS, as of right now, there is no way to turn off VM w/o having it removed from your acct.

While you may need to deactivate it, you can only do that by calling in and having it removed from your acct. And you don't need to talk to a Trouble Tech, just a simple call to CS can get your VM removed. Make sure you tell them you want it removed as of today, or it will be there until the end of your cycle.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you do remove VM, as w/ any changes to the acct, it will stop you from being able to see what your acct is doing until the next billing cycle. I just wanted to tell you before you have it removed and then call in to complain you can't view your acct online. Okay.
^^^very good note. thx

Dan
07-29-2005, 01:20 AM
Running into this same problem now, wish you could disable the voice part of the options just like you can disable the numeric paging. Im getting a call every day from an automated system linked to a company i've never done business with. They seem to be under the impression because some bozo put my cell number down and left them with a bill they can call it every day. Calling them to inform them they have a wrong number didnt help, they "noted the account" and when I tried to call again I got a "this persons mailbox is full" message.

contacted CS and their thought was to change number, but all my business contacts have this number so its a poor option. they added 60 extra minutes this month, i guess they figure a call or 2 a day with the wrong number and the voicemail retrival.............

the good old days with FIMF :bang: stupid people who keep calling your cell phone

ibchilln
07-30-2005, 05:40 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone MM-7400/US/1.0) NetFront/3.1 MMP/2.0)

I can do that on my Sprint landline.

How do you disable it on your landline?

franklong23
07-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Y do you want to turn it off? to the guy with the call from the CO he dos not know call again and when you get some talk to a SUPER and tell them to stop and by law the must tell them you will SUE if they don't and that them calling you in messing up your work or something like that

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.