PDA

View Full Version : How to get Sprint PCS to listen to your complaint!!!

changeclothing
02-16-2005, 02:53 PM
If you call up to customer service and they refuse to deal with you in a way that satisfies your LEGITIMATE complaint. Simply goto the FCC's website and file a complaint against Sprint. It's simple and hardly takes any time. Within like two weeks you'll have someone from Sprint's executive team calling you to rectify the problem.

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html

jerereyn205
02-16-2005, 02:55 PM
I found BBB is atad bit more effective. File one with both and they will give you even more than you deserve (did itfor me.. t-mobile that is)

irishfan15202
02-16-2005, 02:59 PM
This speaks volumes about todays society. What would you consider a legitimate complaint? Just file a complaint with the FCC, or BBB. Let me know what a legitimate complaint is.

jerereyn205
02-16-2005, 03:03 PM
I guess you are referring to the first post?

But my claims were VERY legitimate. I should have filed them loooooooong ago but I had faith that it would be fixed but never was. Actually Im waiting on another call from T-Mobile which I havenot recieved yet.

irishfan15202
02-16-2005, 03:06 PM
What is a legit complaint though. From my experience in the store most people think if they drop their phone in water we should give them another or let them out of contract so they wont have to abide by what they signed. So I wonder what a legit complaint is.

Dan
02-16-2005, 03:27 PM
What is a legit complaint though. From my experience in the store most people think if they drop their phone in water we should give them another or let them out of contract so they wont have to abide by what they signed. So I wonder what a legit complaint is.

Legit complaint? Rude reps, service problems unresolved, billing issues, phone problems (warranty related, not dropped in water!) Basically anything that you SHOULD be getting from Sprint that they dont wish to help you with.........

irishfan15202
02-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Legit complaint? Rude reps, service problems unresolved, billing issues, phone problems (warranty related, not dropped in water!) Basically anything that you SHOULD be getting from Sprint that they dont wish to help you with.........

Warranty related, the problem has to duplicate in store, most customers come in and say they can never get service or make a call but it almost always works in the store. For a real issue we do what we must by replacing the phone, or sending the customer to a repair store. Rude reps then go to another rep or ask for a manager not that mine would care, but some might. :hee: Service problems call customer service and report it, the store reps dont go out and fix towers. If you are paying a bill use the APC, if you dropped your phone or its broke and you think its a warranty issue fine, when we tell you that there is nothing wrong with your phone and it is just user error learn how to work the phone.

coolqf
02-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Warranty related, the problem has to duplicate in store, most customers come in and say they can never get service or make a call but it almost always works in the store. For a real issue we do what we must by replacing the phone, or sending the customer to a repair store. Rude reps then go to another rep or ask for a manager not that mine would care, but some might. :hee: Service problems call customer service and report it, the store reps dont go out and fix towers. If you are paying a bill use the APC, if you dropped your phone or its broke and you think its a warranty issue fine, when we tell you that there is nothing wrong with your phone and it is just user error learn how to work the phone.

The last tech guy at a store told me HE has to replicate the problem. I go into the store... The guy who takes my name takes my phone and sees that the up volume doesn't work. He touches it multiple times, but nada... I explain after touching it a lot it starts working for a few hrs, but don't touch it for a few hrs and the problem returns. I then finally hand in my phone for repair... The tech comes out and explain to me the phone works fine... The note stated the button doesn't work until you touch it a lot, these positions don't req. a high school degree or what?!?!
I was polite with him though... This Thursday i'll go to the store (for the 4th time for the exact same problem) and REQUIRE that no one touch the phone except for the technician. If they again pull over me that they 'fixed' it simply by touching the button a lot.... off to the FCC and BBB I go. 'temporarily' fixing the problem doesn't cut it.
For rude rep? Report the bugger, THEN go to another one.

Dan
02-16-2005, 04:04 PM

Personally I have allowed sprint to fix all problems I have had. I think its best to give a company the benefit of the doubt and just follow up on the issues, I have been quite happy with the resolution to all problems I have had.

Before I would suggest the BBB or FCC, a simple step is your local news stations consumer advocacy person. Most every news station has one and it seems that a call from one of them on behalf of a customer with a legitimate complaint has gotten a quick response and usually a more than fair offer to fix the problem. No company wants their name put on TV as having unhappy customers!

I understand once again that like every company, sprint has rules and guidelines for its employees as well as its customers. The only thing that would make ALL wireless companies better is when you sign a contract for service, the company should tell you what rights you have if you have a problem. This would save many CS calls over issues that were spelled out clearly in the contract and would let the customers know what rights they have (i.e. getting the rep's 1st name and sprint user ID) when they are discussing issues with their account so that both parties can do a good job of book keeping. Obviously, calling a call center is not like watching someone make a change in a store and they cant send you a print out or email (or so im told) of the changes they make to your account. The name and user ID is the only thing the customer has to go back to if their is an error in any change made.

Dan
02-16-2005, 04:13 PM

In my situation I spent the better part of a week getting passed between CS and supervisiors. The CS person would say "that doesnt sound right at all" then tell me any number of things that were incorrect such as "if you dont use your 60 mins we are giving you they will turn into a cash credit on your account" which is wrong. I spoke to a supervisor last night in the call center the offensive rep works in (just my luck i guess) and he seemed quite upset about the situation. His quote was something along the lines of "we are trying to retain you as a customer and he doesnt want to do his job and your ready to leave over it. great customer service on his part" and then told me he would be personally talking to that rude rep and making sure it didnt happen again. He then said that he would give me a 50% credit off my next bill for my troubles and did a great job of making me feel like a valued and respected customer of Sprint. All this without any real threats to sprint, other than the one I said that I would leave Sprint if that was the type of customer service I should expect. 99.99999% of the time the reps and supervisors want to make you a happy customer so its best to try and let them do it before you consider the other options. Use the FCC as a last resort; I'm not sure but i think sprint can be fined over those complaints so if your gonna go that route its best to exhaust all your other options first.

irishfan15202
02-16-2005, 04:33 PM
The volume button doesnt work fine then its the reps problem for not telling the tech that he touched it multiple times before it worked when he filled out e-ticket. As far as calling a news station its been done to our store on countless occasions and they have come out and tried the in your face about it thing they do, until we explain it to them and why we did what we did they leave a little upset. After the 5th time they quit coming. We usually do everything in our power to fix a problem that comes into the store, usually though if a customer is rude we go around everything possible and make sure they leave without a solution.

Dan
02-16-2005, 05:41 PM
The volume button doesnt work fine then its the reps problem for not telling the tech that he touched it multiple times before it worked when he filled out e-ticket. As far as calling a news station its been done to our store on countless occasions and they have come out and tried the in your face about it thing they do, until we explain it to them and why we did what we did they leave a little upset. After the 5th time they quit coming. We usually do everything in our power to fix a problem that comes into the store, usually though if a customer is rude we go around everything possible and make sure they leave without a solution.

So if the customer is pissed off over having the problem repete and not getting a resolution then its ok to just not fix the problem and make sure they leave unhappy? It would seem better to get the manager of the store to try and calm the customer down and deal with what they really are..... a customer who is frustrated, most likely over calling CS and getting a rep with a foregin accent reading the script sprint gives em. Make a customer happy (within reason) and they will tell their friends that sprint is a good wireless company.......... make em leave with an unsolved problem and sprint will lose that customer and anyone that they could have suggested a wireless provider to! Cell phones, espically here, are something that you have a huge choice in providers and the company who actually gives fair customer service will grow their business and take customers from those who treat their customers like crap. Not a sprint complaint.... its all cell providers to an extent. Probably why cell service was the 2nd highest complaint in 2004 in NY to the AG's office after Collections agents!

D-Struct45
02-16-2005, 05:51 PM
hahahaha.......10-4 buddy.....

jbjtkbw00
02-16-2005, 07:10 PM
The last tech guy at a store told me HE has to replicate the problem. I go into the store... The guy who takes my name takes my phone and sees that the up volume doesn't work. He touches it multiple times, but nada... I explain after touching it a lot it starts working for a few hrs, but don't touch it for a few hrs and the problem returns. I then finally hand in my phone for repair... The tech comes out and explain to me the phone works fine... The note stated the button doesn't work until you touch it a lot, these positions don't req. a high school degree or what?!?!
I was polite with him though... This Thursday i'll go to the store (for the 4th time for the exact same problem) and REQUIRE that no one touch the phone except for the technician. If they again pull over me that they 'fixed' it simply by touching the button a lot.... off to the FCC and BBB I go. 'temporarily' fixing the problem doesn't cut it.

Just an idea, but how about YOU leave the button alone and then take it into the store and don't let the greeter touch the phone, but the rep. Also, you may want to type of the problem to attach to the phone along with the ticket. Hey, you never know.

lgmayka
02-16-2005, 07:49 PM
...if a customer is rude we go around everything possible and make sure they leave without a solution.
This is exactly the kind of attitude that doesn't belong in customer service at all, and in fact should trigger an FCC and BBB report.

Apparently we have to start at rule number one:

1) The staffer's job is to solve customers' legitimate problems. Just because the staffer has decided that a customer is "rude" is absolutely no excuse for the staffer to sabotage Sprint and cheat the customer by taking wages for doing nothing.

2) If a customer has complained about a problem once, he has a right to be annoyed. If a customer has to complain about a problem a second time because it wasn't fixed the first time, he has a right to be angry. Sprint is taking the customer's good money for providing service. Accordingly, when a customer does not get the service he deserves, he has a right to be a little annoyed. But more importantly, if he has to complain a second time because Sprint did not fix his problem the first time, or--worse!--if Sprint actually goofed things up again, or more so, the customer has every right to be angry.

Any staffer who can't deal calmly and professionally with annoyed and even angry customers belongs in another line of work.

3) "Rudeness" is a somewhat subjective characterization.

dakleenupman
02-16-2005, 08:03 PM
This is exactly the kind of attitude that doesn't belong in customer service at all, and in fact should trigger an FCC and BBB report.

Apparently we have to start at rule number one:

1) The staffer's job is to solve customers' legitimate problems. Just because the staffer has decided that a customer is "rude" is absolutely no excuse for the staffer to sabotage Sprint and cheat the customer by taking wages for doing nothing.

2) If a customer has complained about a problem once, he has a right to be annoyed. If a customer has to complain about a problem a second time because it wasn't fixed the first time, he has a right to be angry. Sprint is taking the customer's good money for providing service. Accordingly, when a customer does not get the service he deserves, he has a right to be a little annoyed. But more importantly, if he has to complain a second time because Sprint did not fix his problem the first time, or--worse!--if Sprint actually goofed things up again, or more so, the customer has every right to be angry.

Any staffer who can't deal calmly and professionally with annoyed and even angry customers belongs in another line of work.

3) "Rudeness" is a somewhat subjective characterization.

That would be my reply as well. So what if they are rude. YOUR job is to satisfy the customer and correct the problem. NOW, if they are taking advantage of a situation or are flat out beligerant, then pass the problem on to someone else who may deal with it better. Making sure they do not get service will only escalate the situation and THEN, create more problems for you when they report their dealings with you and your store to a regional boss or even worse yet, BBB or news stations. Do unto others..............

Chris :)

Dan
02-16-2005, 08:07 PM
That would be my reply as well. So what if they are rude. YOUR job is to satisfy the customer and correct the problem. NOW, if they are taking advantage of a situation or are flat out beligerant, then pass the problem on to someone else who may deal with it better. Making sure they do not get service will only escalate the situation and THEN, create more problems for you when they report their dealings with you and your store to a regional boss or even worse yet, BBB or news stations. Do unto others..............

Chris :)

exactly, its the "golden rule" that my damn 1st grade teacher taught us in catholic school. you have to treat customers like you would want to be treated and we as customers have to treat the sprint employees with respect. Its far too easy to get upset with some of the people at CS who dont actually have to look at you and just give you misleading or outright wrong information and take it out on the store personal. Hell even when i had my rude rep and had to call back to report him, I was nice to the girl who answwred my call..... she hadnt done anything to make me upset and was just as sweet and understanding as can be and her boss was more than understanding and happy to take the report and send it on to the guy having a bad day's supervisor.

Bohemian Iconoclast
02-16-2005, 08:30 PM
^^^What lgmayka said....

....times ten! :hee:

irishfan15202
02-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Look reality is you can report us to our regional store manager or whomever you wish our store has a 100% CSAT and has been in the 90-100% category for 5 months. If you go into a store and are rude to the reps and we let the tech know that your being rude if it is out of warranty for 1 day its out of warranty, if there is any indication of water damage its water damage. That is how it works, we are never blatantly rude to our customers or mean to them. On the other hand if you come in and calmly explain that you have been three other stores and called CS and youre pissed at Sprint and hate us but you do it in a nice way we do what we can. We even go around the rules to help our customers out, but if you treat us like trash we note the account and send you on your way.

Bohemian Iconoclast
02-16-2005, 08:35 PM
...if a customer is rude, that is when you make SURE you solve the problem....and no more....

Let's not forget the phone rampage at the Verizon store a few months back.....

irishfan15202
02-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Lets not forget the rep that got beaten to death with a chair in NY. We have had problems in the past and where our store is located we know to be on good behaviour. Being pissed is one thing treating the people who can solve your problem like **** is only hurting your cause. We have great relationships with our customers, they usually come in every week to pay a bill and complain, and see if they can come to one of our parties, we like them its the ones coming from another store that bother us, and yes it is one store that always sends us the problems, because they have been kicked out of that store multiple times and asked not to come back either by them or the police.

Fubar101
02-16-2005, 09:53 PM
Well, for the most part the Sprint reps have to duplicate the issue that you are having with the phone. I hate to say that some good customes with real issues do get over looked and the problem not duplicated in the store. I also have to say probably about 10-15 percent of phones reviewed by a tech actually have an issue with the phone. The other 85 percent of phones are fine with no issues but the customer issues complaints like ( the phone is dialing random numbers, the other pary cant hear me or i can't hear them, poor battery life, dropped calls, etc....) Sprint does try to help out the customers, but when they get so many claims which are wrong its hard to weed out the real complaints.

The customers that complain about issues that don't exisit make it much more difficult for customers that have real problems. It's sometimes hard to find whether the customer has a real issue or just wants a new phone. You also have to see the condition of some of the phones that are dropped off and wonder why the customer actually thinks that this would be a warranty issue.

irishfan15202
02-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Amen...............

changeclothing
02-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Ever since joining Sprint, I receive an AVERAGE of over 10-15 dropped calls a day. I'm going on my SECOND phone, and the problem is still there. I also live in Sprint's World Headquarters city. My service should be rock solid. nevertheless, if I followed what Sprint told me to do and call in to receive my lost credit it would cost me $1000's of lost revenue in my business, not to mention the lost dollars from dropped calls out on the road.

The FCC was, and remains a great way to go. My problem is legitimate, and I'm sick of dealing with inept CS reps who offer zero recourse to my dilemma. What cracks me up are the CS reps who stand behind Sprint like their own family. Living in KC, I've met way more disgruntled current and ex-employee's of Sprint than I have met satisfied ones. The corporate world sucks, that is unless one likes being made a "Whor*"

irishfan15202
02-18-2005, 09:14 PM
Ever since joining Sprint, I receive an AVERAGE of over 10-15 dropped calls a day. I'm going on my SECOND phone, and the problem is still there. I also live in Sprint's World Headquarters city. My service should be rock solid. nevertheless, if I followed what Sprint told me to do and call in to receive my lost credit it would cost me $1000's of lost revenue in my business, not to mention the lost dollars from dropped calls out on the road.

The FCC was, and remains a great way to go. My problem is legitimate, and I'm sick of dealing with inept CS reps who offer zero recourse to my dilemma. What cracks me up are the CS reps who stand behind Sprint like their own family. Living in KC, I've met way more disgruntled current and ex-employee's of Sprint than I have met satisfied ones. The corporate world sucks, that is unless one likes being made a "Whor*"
Maybe put your phone on Sprint only in the roaming options. HAHAHAHAHA :hee:

Deval
02-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Well, for the most part the Sprint reps have to duplicate the issue that you are having with the phone. I hate to say that some good customes with real issues do get over looked and the problem not duplicated in the store. I also have to say probably about 10-15 percent of phones reviewed by a tech actually have an issue with the phone. The other 85 percent of phones are fine with no issues but the customer issues complaints like ( the phone is dialing random numbers, the other pary cant hear me or i can't hear them, poor battery life, dropped calls, etc....) Sprint does try to help out the customers, but when they get so many claims which are wrong its hard to weed out the real complaints.

The customers that complain about issues that don't exisit make it much more difficult for customers that have real problems. It's sometimes hard to find whether the customer has a real issue or just wants a new phone. You also have to see the condition of some of the phones that are dropped off and wonder why the customer actually thinks that this would be a warranty issue.

amen brother....that is exactly what I see at work daily...and it sucks because after a while, its fustrating...I mean, we get the full range of customers, those with legit issues, which I will do everything I can to resolve, and those who read webboards like this, and come in with phantom issues with their phones in a vain attempt to outsmart the store tech...more then once I've had to calmly explain to them that I'm not a dumb tech who doesnt know anything about the phones...its kinda sad when you see people like that though...tryin to do whatever they can to get away with something that they think they earned for being a customer and actually paying their bills.

Come on, I see it daily...phones in 2 pieces, sometimes with crud in them...today a customer cursed me out because his 8200 wouldnt power on, and when I openned it, it had white sticky gooey stuff in there...and ****, i had to wash my hands twice after that one...he demanded that I replace his phone or he would cancel his account. :eyeroll:

irishfan15202
02-18-2005, 09:34 PM
Yeah I had a lady come in yesterday with an a620 that wouldnt power on. Hit the power button and the phone started to come on, turns out she needed to charge her battery as she was on lunch we charged it for her, and all was fine, but she was freaking out telling us we needed to replace it in store or else.
The best was the customer who ran her phone over with a go-cart, and decided it was Sprints fault. She actually had to call our old RSM she was so mad we would not replace it, he said to go ahead and do it. He now wonders why he is out of a job I am sure.

Dan
02-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Yeah I had a lady come in yesterday with an a620 that wouldnt power on. Hit the power button and the phone started to come on, turns out she needed to charge her battery as she was on lunch we charged it for her, and all was fine, but she was freaking out telling us we needed to replace it in store or else.
The best was the customer who ran her phone over with a go-cart, and decided it was Sprints fault. She actually had to call our old RSM she was so mad we would not replace it, he said to go ahead and do it. He now wonders why he is out of a job I am sure.

As many customers that have legit problems, im sure you get 10 times as many that dont realize that washing your phone in your pants isnt a warranty problem. Sad thing is some people are dumb shyts and they ruin it for the people with legit problems. Then again, thats why I pay $5 a month for insurance........ $50 for a phone replacement is still a hell of alot better deal than $150+ to buy another if your not rebate eligible.

Ran a phone over witha go-cart and wanted it replaced for free? damn thats asking ALOT! I could see a store manager having discression to offer a long standing customer a discount on a replacement for customer satisfaction, but free??????

irishfan15202
02-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Where my store is located I am just use to doing the quick fix. Not a lot of legit problems come in except for 'Sprint cut my phone off'.

Dan
02-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Where my store is located I am just use to doing the quick fix. Not a lot of legit problems come in except for 'Sprint cut my phone off'.

never knew having your phone cut off was a legit problem, well unless sprint screwed up a billing issue and turned the phone off for being over the ASL.

shumacher
02-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Whoops!!! Double post.

shumacher
02-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Come on, I see it daily...phones in 2 pieces, sometimes with crud in them...today a customer cursed me out because his 8200 wouldnt power on, and when I openned it, it had white sticky gooey stuff in there...and ****, i had to wash my hands twice after that one...he demanded that I replace his phone or he would cancel his account. :eyeroll:

You have to work there, but if it were my store, this person would be banned from the store for this. I mean, greasy earpieces are bad, but that's over the top. At my nicest, I would tell him that I'm not touching the phone, working with the phone or discussing the phone until he takes it home and cleans it.

As a tech who deals with customers, you have a responsibility to be helpful and polite to the customers. Some people have forgotten that, as customers, they have a responsibility to be respectful to the people with whom they interact. Customers have a wide berth, but when dealing with me, are not allowed to direct foul language toward me, raise their voice to me or threaten me. Any of these ends our interaction. I seldom allow do-overs. The same has always gone for my employees. I have called the police, and I have closed shop for unreasonable or threatening customers.

I've also had customers with greasy phones. I give them a towel and some cleaner and direct them to clean their phone before I'll deal with it. They are generally understanding, cleaning the phone immediately. I just point it out to them like I would some other faux pas - respectfully, and quietly.

Deval
02-18-2005, 11:30 PM
*sigh* Wish I could do that....

rdj
02-19-2005, 07:38 AM
http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/image.php?u=13585&dateline=1107453567]...I seldom allow do-overs...

I love the avatar, shumacher... is that you or the customer? :joy:

dakleenupman
02-19-2005, 09:36 AM

You see? You do admit that some of the good customers get overlooked. That is how we as the good customers have a hard time just agreeing that there is "no problem" that can be reproduced. That is why I get so angry when someone who is supposed to be the specialist has no idea that there is something wrong. I am no IDIOT customer as well. When the tech looks at me like I have no idea what I am talking about, then I really get angry. Sad to say but thanks to this forum, I am EASILY more intelligent than some of the folke I speak with at Sprint. Sad for them, great for me!! Or is it? If I were not so active in seeking education in this matter, I would just be another "sheep".

I do agree that a phone that has clearly been abused should not be warrantied. If the RSM or any other manager decides that it should, let it fall on them. It does however, undermine what decision the staff level folks came up with and could potentially damage credibility with the customer who will then just go to whomever "took care of them" originally. Well, at least you won't have to deal with the extra influx of customer connection.

As far as dirty or stick phones with what could be potentially hazardous to your health? F them! Make them clean it up first. You are no ones Bi#@*! They themselves would not like to get that handed to them. Stick to your guns on this one.

BUT, keep in mind, the ones who are trying to pull a fast one are just too obvious and those are the folks you channel your "negative" energies at. Not the good ones. Learn to separate them and you will have a blast doing what you do!!

Chris :eyebrow:

igsm35
02-19-2005, 11:29 PM
You have to work there, but if it were my store, this person would be banned from the store for this. I mean, greasy earpieces are bad, but that's over the top. At my nicest, I would tell him that I'm not touching the phone, working with the phone or discussing the phone until he takes it home and cleans it.

As a tech who deals with customers, you have a responsibility to be helpful and polite to the customers. Some people have forgotten that, as customers, they have a responsibility to be respectful to the people with whom they interact. Customers have a wide berth, but when dealing with me, are not allowed to direct foul language toward me, raise their voice to me or threaten me. Any of these ends our interaction. I seldom allow do-overs. The same has always gone for my employees. I have called the police, and I have closed shop for unreasonable or threatening customers.

I've also had customers with greasy phones. I give them a towel and some cleaner and direct them to clean their phone before I'll deal with it. They are generally understanding, cleaning the phone immediately. I just point it out to them like I would some other faux pas - respectfully, and quietly.

Not sure I want to know what the "sticky, gooey stuff" was! LOL! :hee:

shumacher
02-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Wirelessly posted (PM 6225: UPG1 UP/4.0 (compatible; Blazer 1.0))

Not sure I want to know what the "sticky, gooey stuff" was! LOL! :hee:

I don't want to know. I have customers clean off returned headsets too. I've done computer work, and I bring my own mouse and keyboard. I don't like germs, I do like my health.

igsm35
02-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Wirelessly posted (PM 6225: UPG1 UP/4.0 (compatible; Blazer 1.0))

I don't want to know. I have customers clean off returned headsets too. I've done computer work, and I bring my own mouse and keyboard. I don't like germs, I do like my health.

I don't blame you for having your customers clean of their headsets! I would do the same thing!

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.