PDA

View Full Version : Save 10% off monthly service for Credit Union Members and Employees

ryghtbrain
02-16-2005, 01:15 PM
http://www.sprintsave4cu.com

Found a flyer in the Sprint store showing a 5% discount for CU members but the website shows a 10% discount.

Flyer says:
For the exclusive Credit Union Member and Employee Plan, visit your local Sprint store or call 877.SAVE.4.CU

Existing Sprint PCS customers can also start saving, call 888.788.4727

1. Tell them you want to enroll in the CUcorp Program (Do not mention your specific credit union)
2. Employee node number (if asked): 0130554791
3. If asked what your manager's name is, explain that this is a credit union program and that any member or employee of a credit union can participate

If you have any questions, please call 248.318.5346

Credit Unions, theclearchoice

Visit us on-line: www.sprintsave4cu.com

Proof of membership/employment will be required:
Credit Union members - membership card, monthly statement
Credit Union employees - employee paycheck stub

Ted
02-16-2005, 01:17 PM
can you say scam?

Dan
02-16-2005, 01:19 PM

Found a flyer in the Sprint store showing a 5% discount for CU members but the website shows a 10% discount.

Flyer says:
For the exclusive Credit Union Member and Employee Plan, visit your local Sprint store or call 877.SAVE.4.CU

1. Tell them you want to enroll in the CUcorp Program (Do not mention your specific credit union)
3. If asked what your manager's name is, explain that this is a credit union program and that any member or employee of a credit union can participate

great info...... now if only you could combine that with an employees discount since it looks like its an "employee" discount for credit union members....... i guess 20% off is better than nothing ;)

Dan
02-16-2005, 01:21 PM
can you say scam?

why would you call that a scam? If your a CU member then you qualify, correct? They want some form of proof, a statement or a copy of the card and I would have to think you could block out personal information or just get a letter from your CU indicating that your a member...... maybe im missing something here?

cgooge
02-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Has anyone actually tried this yet?

larry
02-16-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the tip. I just called in and gave my info (I'm a credit Union member) and I was told I would be getting the 10% discount! Hopefully I'll still be able to keep my 5% loyalty discount as well. :)

CoolJB
02-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Has anyone actually tried this yet?

Does anyone know if this can or cannot be combined with a corp. discount? I'm guessing it can't - if it were, my discount would be outrageous!

acunn1
02-16-2005, 06:00 PM
When I tried to use the link , I was forwarded to the vision page...?

Dan
02-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the tip. I just called in and gave my info (I'm a credit Union member) and I was told I would be getting the 10% discount! Hopefully I'll still be able to keep my 5% loyalty discount as well. :)

dont see why it would affect your loyalty discount since it looks like its an employee type discount but available for all members of the CU, not just employees.

Hola
02-16-2005, 08:23 PM
How do you become part of the credit Union?

phale
02-16-2005, 08:32 PM
Wirelessly posted (Samsung VM-A680: Samsung-SPHA680 AU-MIC-A680/2.0 MMP/2.0)

Just Got my 10% added to my account.Changes it to a business account and a new billing cycle date.

thunda32
02-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Damn. I just left my credit union a couple months ago when I paid off my loan. Just my luck! :mad:

Hola
02-16-2005, 08:58 PM
I hope it's not personally, but how do you become part of a union?

Is it any union or certain unions, etc?

Thanks

Dan
02-16-2005, 09:03 PM
I hope it's not personally, but how do you become part of a union?

Is it any union or certain unions, etc?

Thanks

MOST credit unions are now for an area as opposed to members of a certain group like they used to me. Easiest way to find out is to look in your phone book and find ones in your area and just call em and ask what they require to be a member. Hell mine only requires a $5 deposit to open a savings account, that would be one months savings for most of us ;)

LenS
02-18-2005, 04:11 PM
Color me suspicious of this "offer".

A check of Internic http://www.internic.com/whois.html shows this domain as registered below (with NO mention of Sprint). And note that the use of "Ltd" is usually done overseas, not in the US (we use "Inc" here) . . . I question why Sprint would use an overseas source to register their domains!

Domain Name: SPRINTSAVE4CU.COM
Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com
Referral URL: http://www.melbourneit.com
Name Server: NS1.SECURE.NET
Name Server: NS2.SECURE.NET
Updated Date: 02-dec-2003
Creation Date: 02-dec-2003
Expiration Date: 02-dec-2005

In contrast, here is the info for Sprintpcs.com:
Domain Name: SPRINTPCS.COM
Registrar: ALLDOMAINS.COM INC.
Whois Server: whois.alldomains.com
Referral URL: http://www.alldomains.com
Name Server: NS1-AUTH.SPRINTLINK.NET
Name Server: NS3-AUTH.SPRINTLINK.NET
Name Server: NS2-AUTH.SPRINTLINK.NET
Updated Date: 10-sep-2003
Creation Date: 26-jul-1996
Expiration Date: 25-jul-2010

I don't know if I would trust to give SPRINTSAVE4CU.COM information on my bank account for an alleged discount. Too easy for someone with an evil mind to then steal from your account or worse!

My advice would be to call the regular customer service number for business accounts (or Email from the SprintPCS website) and ask them if this is legitimately part of SprintPCS.

Good luck and proceed cautiously!

RICOMM7400
02-18-2005, 04:30 PM
I called Sprint PCS and I recieved a 15% discount with this offer! Thanks for the info.

bigt
02-18-2005, 04:43 PM
I just called *2 and gave Mary my phone number and told her that I got some information about a Credit Union membership 10% discount. I told her that the information I got said it was a CUcorp Program. I also did give her the name and address of my credit Union but she did not seem to use that. She added the 10% and offered me 2 months free of vision so of course I signed up for that as well.

Thanks for the info!!

forty01
02-18-2005, 05:08 PM
If you want any type of discount along those lines, just contact Sprint directly and I'm sure they can point you in the right direction. When I orignally setup my account I went through Sprint, received my discount, and like phale said, they'll put you on a Business plan & change your billing cycle. Now you have to contact the Business line when you want to do business/discuss with Sprint @ 877-812-1223. This is the best #, because someone answers immediately w/no Claire :) There are a lot of discount plans that Sprint offers... you just need to find out what catagory you do or don't fall in ;)

dro1984
02-18-2005, 05:15 PM
It's not a scam. I work at DCX and they have a credit union on site in our building. The new flyers were in today while I was banking. It's good for 10% off and you can call the Sprint phone number or the CU phone number and they will connect you up with Sprint. The ironic part of this is DCX's (Chrysler) discount is 20%... and NO the offers cannot be combined. I tried!

:D

Dan
02-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Color me suspicious of this "offer".

A check of Internic http://www.internic.com/whois.html shows this domain as registered below (with NO mention of Sprint). And note that the use of "Ltd" is usually done overseas, not in the US (we use "Inc" here) . . . I question why Sprint would use an overseas source to register their domains!

Good luck and proceed cautiously!

If you notice that website immediately takes you to one that is run by Sprint.
http://www.pcsvision.com/NVP-Online/?cn=CUcorp%2F%20Credit%20Union%20Members&mrc=ED&phone=D&acces=D&ts=8777283428

and pcsvision.com IS run by sprint. Maybe they got that URL just use it as a redirect instead of having the customer have to type in the longer URL?

larry
02-18-2005, 08:04 PM
The offer appears to be legit. I called the regular customer service number and applied for the discount.

jander
02-19-2005, 02:30 PM
I called just about 2 hours ago and told the 10% has been applied. Strange thing is, they didn't ask for my account number or anything. Guess I will find out.

Dan
02-19-2005, 03:22 PM
I called just about 2 hours ago and told the 10% has been applied. Strange thing is, they didn't ask for my account number or anything. Guess I will find out.

what information DID they ask you for?

They shouldnt ask you for your account number, thats personal information....... what is the billing date for the CU discount?

Mithindril
02-19-2005, 03:54 PM
What a great tip! I just called. They said that BECU only had an 8% discount rate and I had to change my month from the 4th to the 11th, but it's much better than being poked in the eye with a sharp stick.

That's nice. A discount because I read a web page... How cool is that.

jander
02-20-2005, 01:44 AM
what information DID they ask you for?

They shouldnt ask you for your account number, thats personal information....... what is the billing date for the CU discount?

Actually, when I called in I asked about the CU discount. Then gave my CU name. The rep wasn't finding it (think she was looking under normal business dicount table possibly). I then gave the the number listed at the beginning of this post (0130554791), then was put on hold for about 5 minutes, then she came back and said "ok got it and will be a 10% discount."

Dan
02-20-2005, 01:50 AM
Actually, when I called in I asked about the CU discount. Then gave my CU name. The rep wasn't finding it (think she was looking under normal business dicount table possibly). I then gave the the number listed at the beginning of this post (0130554791), then was put on hold for about 5 minutes, then she came back and said "ok got it and will be a 10% discount."

wow, thats strange that they didnt ask any info about you other than that number. I wonder if that number is specific to the OP's credit union as another member said he only got 8% off. What did they change your billing date to or did they?

Aleko
02-20-2005, 09:10 AM
That's exactly what happened to me, and they did not change my billing cycle date (at least I was told so).

Dan
02-20-2005, 01:45 PM
That's exactly what happened to me, and they did not change my billing cycle date (at least I was told so).

good info, thanks. As far as the billing dates goes, I guess a few of us could luck out and find that the dates we had match up to what the CU discount ones are.

MSUchick77
02-20-2005, 01:52 PM
It's not a scam. I work at DCX and they have a credit union on site in our building. The new flyers were in today while I was banking. It's good for 10% off and you can call the Sprint phone number or the CU phone number and they will connect you up with Sprint. The ironic part of this is DCX's (Chrysler) discount is 20%... and NO the offers cannot be combined. I tried!

:D

I lied--just to see if I could get the DCX discount and she said I could get 23% off, but she needed a mgrs name, etc. So I just said it was a new job and I wasn't sure where I was reporting to yet. I did manage to get the CU 10%.

sarahMN
02-20-2005, 04:22 PM
This did not work for me. I assumed it was for all credit unions, I am a member. However using the Code # given in the original post they couldn't find it that way either. I think the discounts are for Michigan CUs.

forty01
02-21-2005, 02:47 AM
If it's a business plan then I can almost guarantee you your billing cycle has changed. Also, as I said in my previous statement you'll have to go through the business side w/Sprint, which isn't a bad thing :)

FlameOut
02-21-2005, 03:26 PM
I sent an email to Sprint today, inquiring about the 10% for Credit Union members. I also aked if there were any discounts for Pgh Public Safety employees, and sure enough, there is a 15% discount (I had asked this question a year ago and was told there were no discounts)

Maybe it has something to do with my contract expiring a couple weeks ago. Also was able to get 7pm N/W free (as long as I renew my contract - which was going to happen anyhow when I get a new phone w/rebate next month)

Dan
02-21-2005, 05:46 PM
I sent an email to Sprint today, inquiring about the 10% for Credit Union members. I also aked if there were any discounts for Pgh Public Safety employees, and sure enough, there is a 15% discount (I had asked this question a year ago and was told there were no discounts)

Maybe it has something to do with my contract expiring a couple weeks ago. Also was able to get 7pm N/W free (as long as I renew my contract - which was going to happen anyhow when I get a new phone w/rebate next month)

how happy are you with your PLAN as a whole though? Yes of course they want to get you into a new 2 year agreement but if you have been a good and loyal customer they should give you more than free 7pm nights...... well unless they are already throwing things at ya! They seem to give 5% off for "loyalty" on a contract renewal plus your 15% would most likely take care of the taxes on your plan. I had a similar experience asking about discounts a year ago also but when I found this site and saw who qualified for what I was given the right Dept and given my discount.

FlameOut
02-21-2005, 08:32 PM
how happy are you with your PLAN as a whole though? Yes of course they want to get you into a new 2 year agreement but if you have been a good and loyal customer they should give you more than free 7pm nights...... well unless they are already throwing things at ya! They seem to give 5% off for "loyalty" on a contract renewal plus your 15% would most likely take care of the taxes on your plan. I had a similar experience asking about discounts a year ago also but when I found this site and saw who qualified for what I was given the right Dept and given my discount.

My plan is the 2000 min $85 plan shared between 5 phones, so I'm happy with it, but I recently added a 6th line, and had to have it on it's own account, so now my bill is over $250 a month. I currently have the 5% loyality, but now I'm wondering if I will get 20% discount or only the 15%

Dan
02-21-2005, 08:53 PM
My plan is the 2000 min $85 plan shared between 5 phones, so I'm happy with it, but I recently added a 6th line, and had to have it on it's own account, so now my bill is over $250 a month. I currently have the 5% loyality, but now I'm wondering if I will get 20% discount or only the 15%

If they gave you the discount and quoted it as 15% then you will get 20% total. My wifes employee discount (NYS) is 15% and I confirmed that they didnt touch my 5% loyalty one. what are they charging you for AAP on the $85 plan?

FlameOut
02-21-2005, 08:59 PM
If they gave you the discount and quoted it as 15% then you will get 20% total. My wifes employee discount (NYS) is 15% and I confirmed that they didnt touch my 5% loyalty one. what are they charging you for AAP on the $85 plan?

Phone 2 is free, and 3, 4 and 5 are $20 each. All but the 5th line (which I added in July) have free Vision. It is $5 for the 5th phone.
My 6th phone is $35 300 min Fair/Flex plan, $15 for Vison and $5 for unlim SMS

Dan
02-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Phone 2 is free, and 3, 4 and 5 are $20 each. All but the 5th line (which I added in July) have free Vision. It is $5 for the 5th phone.
My 6th phone is $35 300 min Fair/Flex plan, $15 for Vison and $5 for unlim SMS

I would ask for retentions on the main plan and see if they can do something with you on the AAP prices. $250/month is ALOT to be spending on a cell phone espically when so many are sharing the pool of minutes. Might get the AAP's at $10 each and possibly get the vision on the 2nd account to include the unlimited SMS instead of the download credit to save ya $5. If you could work something out with them i could knock atleast $35/month off your bill+ taxes. cant hurt to ask I say!

FlameOut
02-21-2005, 09:43 PM
I would ask for retentions on the main plan and see if they can do something with you on the AAP prices. $250/month is ALOT to be spending on a cell phone espically when so many are sharing the pool of minutes. Might get the AAP's at $10 each and possibly get the vision on the 2nd account to include the unlimited SMS instead of the download credit to save ya $5. If you could work something out with them i could knock atleast $35/month off your bill+ taxes. cant hurt to ask I say!

I've tried many different reps and numerous calls to Sprint trying to get a better deal, and so far this is the best I have been offered. I honestly don't see how so many are getting these good deals. I still haven't replied to the email, so I still can try to better it I guess

Dan
02-21-2005, 10:11 PM
I've tried many different reps and numerous calls to Sprint trying to get a better deal, and so far this is the best I have been offered. I honestly don't see how so many are getting these good deals. I still haven't replied to the email, so I still can try to better it I guess

Others are telling sprint they are ready to walk on an account thats generating sprint alot of revenue. Its telling them your ready to walk on those lines that will get them offering you something. You have generated 150+ for sprint for 1 or 2 years now and you are free to shop anyone. I was 110/month for 2 lines with 2000 mins (was a 100 plan plus 10 for america) and I knew i didnt need 2000 minutes. hence my plan for 55 for 2 phones with 1000 minutes. I understand you probably need 2000 minutes but telling them your ready to walk will probably get you some breaks on the ad a phones and a loyalty discount on top of the employee discount your entitled to. Whats the worst thing they tell ya? NO? They dont want to lose you and even at 2 free aap and the others at 10 each they are still making a killing on ya. The towers cost the same to run if your making a call or not!

I would also see if they want to offer you instant rebates on the phone purchase price of your desired phone next month. I really didnt care what phone I got as long as it was better than my old N400's and they sent me free a620's for staying with sprint. Didnt have to let them hold onto 150 for 3 months and got the rest of the retail (209.99 total) given to me. cant beat that for someone who didnt care as long as the phone physically made calls and the reception increase has been great!

cvlad
02-22-2005, 11:16 AM
Wirelessly posted (Sanyo VM4500: Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone SCP-5500/US/1.0) NetFront/3.0 MMP/2.0)

Flyer says:

Thanks ryghtbrain. All I Did Was Call And Was Able To Get My 10% Discount. Thanks Again For The Info. :cool:

huetien2
02-22-2005, 03:14 PM
if i already get a company discount can i still get the credit union discount or even the 5% loyalty discount.

Dan
02-22-2005, 04:18 PM
if i already get a company discount can i still get the credit union discount or even the 5% loyalty discount.

CU goes thru as an employee discount so i think the answer to that is NO. Loyalty maybe an option for you, it was for me before i got a retention plan and still has been after......

kewlazme
02-24-2005, 07:35 AM
OK I called yesterday and they said my particular CU needed verification. So I have to goto the sprint store today and get it taken care of by showing them a bill and some identification.

Also, my mother works for my CU, does she get more off? or the same as regular CU members? Anyone here that works for a CU call yet?

quicknight
02-24-2005, 08:23 AM
if i am on retention plan but my contract is expired, can i get a loyalty discount? do i have to sign a contract?

FlameOut
02-24-2005, 08:42 AM
if i am on retention plan but my contract is expired, can i get a loyalty discount? do i have to sign a contract?

Only way to find out is to call. I would think you would have to agree to a new contract. Mine was expired also. I got a 15% discount (Public Safety), free 7pm n/w and had an error fixed that was costing me an extra $5 per month, and had my account credited for $30, but all at the cost of a new 2 year agreement (which I was going do do anyhow)

I actually did all mine through email. Of the 7 or so reps I talked to, not one would do anything, and none told me about the error that was costing me and extra $5 a month

quicknight
02-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Only way to find out is to call. I would think you would have to agree to a new contract. Mine was expired also. I got a 15% discount (Public Safety), free 7pm n/w and had an error fixed that was costing me an extra $5 per month, and had my account credited for $30, but all at the cost of a new 2 year agreement (which I was going do do anyhow)

I actually did all mine through email. Of the 7 or so reps I talked to, not one would do anything, and none told me about the error that was costing me and extra $5 a month
You say you did this though email??? Who do I email?

FlameOut
02-24-2005, 02:06 PM
You say you did this though email??? Who do I email?

I just logged onto my SprintPCS account online, and at the bottom there is a "contact us" link. I just followed that

quicknight
02-24-2005, 02:18 PM
I just logged onto my SprintPCS account online, and at the bottom there is a "contact us" link. I just followed that Thanks! And what did you tell them?

mtiza1
02-24-2005, 02:21 PM
I just did this I now get 35% off a month

FlameOut
02-24-2005, 02:27 PM
Thanks! And what did you tell them?

I just mentiond that a few of my friends were getting a discount for belonging to a Credit Union, and asked if I was eligable. Also mentioned that I was a public safety employee and if there was a discount for that.

Also asked if they could look into my account about some charges I felt I should't have to pay, and finally, I asked if I could have free 7pm n/w

They replied, saying they did look at my account, fixed the errors, and that I could either have a 10% credit union discount or a 15% public safety, and that I could have 7pm n/w free if I agree to a new 2 year contract.

So all in all, I'm happy. Now I just have to wait for my billing cycle to end to see what they screwed up

jerereyn205
02-24-2005, 11:02 PM
I saw someone posted that this turns your account into a business account. Is this true?

Dan
02-25-2005, 12:05 AM
I saw someone posted that this turns your account into a business account. Is this true?

Yes the account changes from a consumer type account to a business type one, but other that changing billing days (possibly) its really not a bad thing. Business reps seem to be more knowledgable than consumer reps on average..... not that alot of consumer reps arent good also!

cgooge
02-25-2005, 07:51 AM
I just sent an email regarding this so I will let you guys know what happens.

:eyebrow:

master1m
03-11-2005, 11:32 AM
I just call them and got the 10% discount... But she told me that I couldn't keep the 5% loyalty discount with it... I pretty sure she was new... But I was wondering if this was true?

quicknight
03-11-2005, 11:49 AM
I just did this I now get 35% off a month heard a rumor from my barber that if you tell them you work for boeing, they "automatically" give you %20. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

true?

Dan
03-11-2005, 07:14 PM
I just call them and got the 10% discount... But she told me that I couldn't keep the 5% loyalty discount with it... I pretty sure she was new... But I was wondering if this was true?

Doesnt sound right UNLESS it replaces the "loyalty" credit and not an "employee" credit. If it replaces the loyalty credit im calling to get an extra 5% off my bill!

Touchless21
03-12-2005, 02:09 PM
I just got the discount, took some time but i got it. My billing cycle was change from the 17th of the month to the 5th of the month.

jander
03-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Ok, so update on mine. So far I have had the change in billing cycle, but the last bill didn't have any discount, guess will have to wait and see if it shows up on the next billing cycle (never had a discount, does it show up in the same area as dropped call credits, etc? I am guessing so, but just wondering where to look). Has anybody had the credit show up yet, or just billing cycle changes?

Nailin'M
03-13-2005, 08:45 AM
OK. I've had a credit show up as "Nationwide Volume Discount Program" or something like that.

ricky0254
03-14-2005, 10:39 PM
heard a rumor from my barber that if you tell them you work for boeing, they "automatically" give you %20. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

true?
i dont think its true. they take a photocopy of the badge

evolverx3
03-14-2005, 10:45 PM
just called and got my 10% discount set up... wish i would have done it sooner. if you are reading this don't wait, just call and do it it's easy and saves some $$! my billing cycle was also switched to the 5th

Dan
03-14-2005, 10:48 PM
just called and got my 10% discount set up... wish i would have done it sooner. if you are reading this don't wait, just call and do it it's easy and saves some $$! my billing cycle was also switched to the 5th

How much info did they ask you for? Want to get my brother this discount thru my credit union. Would even open him an account if I have to so he would qualify (ony a $5 minimum deposit) but its good to know what all they asked you.

evolverx3
03-14-2005, 11:10 PM
i just asked for the credit union member's discount.... and if you get the discount please join a credit union.....

Dan
03-14-2005, 11:52 PM
i just asked for the credit union member's discount.... and if you get the discount please join a credit union.....

Im a CU member, but it doesnt do me any good as I have the business discount at 15% and "loyalty" at 5%. I would open him an account so he could get the discount if necessary! 10% off a $40 bill is $4 bucks a month! well worth dropping $5 in an account for him.

quicknight
03-15-2005, 02:30 AM
i dont think its true. they take a photocopy of the badge well, he's CLEARLY a barber, not a pilot. unless he's lying (I've known him for over ten years and don't believe him to be a liar in all that time), he tells me that that is what he was told (by someone else), what he did, and what he got.

also, he did this over the phone, so there would be no way for him to photocopy.

are you ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN of your claim? (you say you "don't think it's true")

Case
03-18-2005, 10:01 PM
I just went to the sprint store and got it done. Took 45 minutes but hopefully it is well worth it. Problem is, they changed my billing date and will credit the portion I used to my next bill. Well I have the fair and flexible 300 minute plan and they said because I used 220 minutes by March 18th I will be charged an extra $5 because I went over the 180 minutes they allow in 18 days (10 min/day X 18days). So I am paying a half month of service plus a full month and an extra $5 bucks on my next bill.

PrncssShan03
04-06-2005, 05:27 PM
Thanks for posting this. Otherwise I would have had no idea. I AM a member of a federal credit union and have been my entire life. I called, they transferred me to a business rep and at first she was having trouble finding it but then she did. It took quite a while to set up and I was on hold for a bit but eventually I got the 10% monthly discount and my billing cycle was reset to the 5th. This isn't a scam! :)
Thank you Thank You Thank You

parrott84
04-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Hey, i called and got my discount, and it took a while, and then she found it and then my billing cycle date got switched to the 5th and blah blah blah what everyone else said, but my disount didn't show up!!! I got like 3 dollars off or something off of a 98 dollar bill, which is my 5% lowlty off of part of my plan, but i should have gotten like 10 dollars off? What happened? I know i know i probably got to call them back, but did this happen to anyone else. I called around the end of my billing month and then my billing was changed so it went until the 5th, but i thought it would show up the 1st month, does it take 2 months? Any thoughts..... :confused:

smileytim
04-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Hey, i called and got my discount, and it took a while, and then she found it and then my billing cycle date got switched to the 5th and blah blah blah what everyone else said, but my disount didn't show up!!! I got like 3 dollars off or something off of a 98 dollar bill, which is my 5% lowlty off of part of my plan, but i should have gotten like 10 dollars off? What happened? I know i know i probably got to call them back, but did this happen to anyone else. I called around the end of my billing month and then my billing was changed so it went until the 5th, but i thought it would show up the 1st month, does it take 2 months? Any thoughts..... :confused:

its a discount off of your MRC, not your total bill.

pochi
04-07-2005, 02:22 PM
sweetness, just called too. First rep says that discount isn't available. :(
called again, was transfered to business services dept. says that i CU discount is 10%, then i asked about state employees discount. 15%!

billing cycle didnt change tho. guess we'll wait and see.

PrncssShan03
04-08-2005, 07:57 AM
Wait so it's not off your total bill? Then what is it off? What is the MRC?

kewlazme
04-08-2005, 02:04 PM
MRC - Monthly Recurring Charge.. (the price before tax)

jander
04-08-2005, 09:49 PM

I am thinking I am in the same boat. I had my billing cycle change and had my huge bill already (and there was no credit at all), figured maybe it would take a bit..but now looking at what is due now (still unable to view my invoice online, only get total due) still looks the same as my bill always was. Hope it shows up on there. Was waiting to actually see the bill first to see if there is any discount on the account, interesting to see someone else is having the same issue.

Anybody else having troubles?

parrott84
04-09-2005, 02:17 PM
I am thinking I am in the same boat. I had my billing cycle change and had my huge bill already (and there was no credit at all), figured maybe it would take a bit..but now looking at what is due now (still unable to view my invoice online, only get total due) still looks the same as my bill always was. Hope it shows up on there. Was waiting to actually see the bill first to see if there is any discount on the account, interesting to see someone else is having the same issue.

Called the buisness department the other day to check on my account including the discount and he said it would take a month for everything to show up but that it is schedualed to appear next bill cycle and that i owe for the partial month between my old billing cycle and new, but thats ok as long as i get the discount. Also, refering to an older post, i know the 10% is off the mrc but if i have a 90+ bill w/o taxes 10% is about $9 which i didn't get off my bill which is the reason for the first bill.

Dan
04-10-2005, 12:19 AM

Business reps will tell you if you press em on it that the discount can take up to 3 bill cycles to kick in, but they also say that it goes in multiple times on the bill that month. I am supposed to be getting 15% off, but it hasnt showed up yet and they tell me that it will show up as credits of like 45% off a bill or so when it kicks in, depending on how many bill cycles have passed.

jander
04-11-2005, 05:55 PM
I just got my invoice today and nothing was on it, so so far only had billing cycle change. The rep that I talked to was great and set me up and adjusted my balance on my account to reflect the discount. I wonder if it was done wrong the first time since I was not asked my acct/member number until I called back today. So hopefully it will show up now on my account.

2pac
04-12-2005, 10:33 PM
Can I get in on this if I don't belong to a credit union?
most of the responses I have seen were that you guys got discounts from your own Credit Unions.

Anybody get in on this without giving any credit union information. did they just apply the discount or did they ask for any additional information?

Wuss912
04-13-2005, 11:41 AM
wow thanks for the post i just called in and learned that my company has a 25% discount that plus the 5% loyality is really Awesome!!!
thats really gonna help cut down on my bill.
thanks again for the great post

sheureka
04-28-2005, 04:42 PM
I just called and got the discount - I really do belong to a credit union, but they never asked me any questions about it - no member number, no credit union name, no nothing. Just a long, confusing spiel about how it would change my billing date and did I understand that. No mention of my losing the loyalty discount, either. - sheureka

skrshawk
05-05-2005, 07:35 AM
Had to provide a lot of details when I called in, but that's because the rep had never heard of this before. Finally pointed her to the website that indicated 20%(!) off, and then she found the 10% discount, which she then added to my account and reset the billing date. I won't argue with the discount :).

Sangenfant_ELG
05-26-2005, 01:10 AM
This discount is really a valid discount. The first post on this thread said the only thing that you need to tell the sprint rep. Just tell them that you're a member of a credit union and that if you're not completely sure that it participates, they can look in a listing for the business account. Any Sprint rep should be able to find the documentation on the discount. It should show up on your bill as a PCS Service Discount.

dopplegangre
05-28-2005, 06:35 PM
If we enroll in this, do we extend our contract or anything?

boxermansr
05-28-2005, 07:24 PM
If we enroll in this, do we extend our contract or anything?

No, but it may (more likely than not) change your billing cycle, to match that of the credit union.

My cycle ended on like the 30th of the month, and when I changed, it was changed to the 4th of each month (so I got like 4 days or so or pro-rated charges).

sandrshe
05-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Can this be combined with the employer and loyalty discount???

Thanks

AmercanEgleDude
05-31-2005, 09:46 AM
I got 7%, I guess that's all my credit union gives.

dopplegangre
06-01-2005, 03:14 PM
what credit unions do you guys belong to? I emailed sprint, and they said all they have are offers from Alaska. I somehow doubt that all you guys are from Alaska

-------------------------------------------

Thank you for writing back to us.

The following Credit Unions are participating in out discount program:

NAME ADDRESS CITY Zip
ALASKA DIST ENGINEERS P.O. BOX 103879 ANCHORAGE 99510
ALASKA USA P.O. BOX 196613 ANCHORAGE 99519
ALPS P.O. BOX 1889 SITKA 99835
CITY OF FAIRBANKS 502 NINTH AVE FAIRBANKS 99701
CREDIT UNION 1 3500 EIDE STREET ANCHORAGE 99503
DENALI ALASKAN 3400 LATOUCHE ANCHORAGE 99503
MAT****KA VALLEY 1020 SOUTH BAILEY ST PALMER 99645
MILITARY AND CIVILIAN P.O. BOX 35025 FT. WAINWRIGHT 99703
NORTHERN SCHOOLS 1417 GILLAM WAY FAIRBANKS 99701
NORTHERN SKIES 400 WEST BENSON BLVD ANCHORAGE 99503
TONGASS P.O. BOX 5540 KETCHIKAN 99901
TRUE NORTH P.O. BOX 34157 JUNEAU 99803

However, there are no credit union from Nebraska.

Have a great day.

Trichjo C.
Sprint Business eCare

tallone09
06-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Wirelessly posted (VM4050/132.037 UP.Browser/6.2.2.4.e.1.100 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

what credit unions do you guys belong to? I emailed sprint, and they said all they have are offers from Alaska. I somehow doubt that all you guys are from Alaska

-------------------------------------------

Thank you for writing back to us.

The following Credit Unions are participating in out discount program:

NAME ADDRESS CITY Zip
ALASKA DIST ENGINEERS P.O. BOX 103879 ANCHORAGE 99510
ALASKA USA P.O. BOX 196613 ANCHORAGE 99519
ALPS P.O. BOX 1889 SITKA 99835
CITY OF FAIRBANKS 502 NINTH AVE FAIRBANKS 99701
CREDIT UNION 1 3500 EIDE STREET ANCHORAGE 99503
DENALI ALASKAN 3400 LATOUCHE ANCHORAGE 99503
MAT****KA VALLEY 1020 SOUTH BAILEY ST PALMER 99645
MILITARY AND CIVILIAN P.O. BOX 35025 FT. WAINWRIGHT 99703
NORTHERN SCHOOLS 1417 GILLAM WAY FAIRBANKS 99701
NORTHERN SKIES 400 WEST BENSON BLVD ANCHORAGE 99503
TONGASS P.O. BOX 5540 KETCHIKAN 99901
TRUE NORTH P.O. BOX 34157 JUNEAU 99803

However, there are no credit union from Nebraska.

Have a great day.

Trichjo C.
Sprint Business eCare

Go back to first post get of number posted call them ask business department should be problem well bill cycle to the 4th.

Coffeepot
06-07-2005, 11:06 PM
I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm a member of TWO credit unions. I called today about the credit union discount and was transferred to business services. The rep was very nice and very helpful, but she said that neither of the credit unions I'm a member of are listed. Are only certain credit unions eligible?

joism
05-31-2006, 11:46 AM
I just got my 10% discount as well. The rep didn't ask what credit union I was a member of. He just ask if I was a member or an employee and my credit union's phone number. My billing cycle will be changed to reflect the same billing cycle as CUCorp. I got a confirmation email on my phone. Thanks!

orangesuburban
05-31-2006, 11:53 AM
yeah, make sure you guys are getting it through to the reps that you are a MEMBER, not an employee, they are 2 different things, with 2 different lists to look at. :tu:

jumonjii
05-31-2006, 10:59 PM
Can this be combined with the employer and loyalty discount???

Thanks

Anyone know?

orangesuburban
05-31-2006, 11:02 PM
with loyalty, yes

a CU discount is a CORP discount and you can only have one, so no.

jumonjii
05-31-2006, 11:07 PM
Thank you

Not sure how it all works though. A buddy of mine at work told me how he went to Sprint store to cancel service and they offered up a bunch of stuff. 2 of his 3 jobs Employee discounts and Sprint gave him both of them to stay.

Figure that one out.

JupiterSSJ4
06-02-2006, 06:22 AM
don't know if i posted in this thread, but I have a 10% discount for being a member of a credit union.

orangesuburban
06-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Thank you

Not sure how it all works though. A buddy of mine at work told me how he went to Sprint store to cancel service and they offered up a bunch of stuff. 2 of his 3 jobs Employee discounts and Sprint gave him both of them to stay.

Figure that one out.
they may have just given him 1 corp discount and a 15% loyalty discount to match the other one(you can have more than 1 loyalty, i have 2 with a corp discount)

RChris173
06-26-2006, 11:26 AM
I called the 800 # from here: http://www.mcul.org/about_us/cucorp/ to ask if I could be a member of any credit union and if I am, then I just tell Sprint that I'm a member of a credit union and they apply the discount. I asked if it was just for the Michigan area, and she stated that it applies to all of the the credit unions nationwide. I'm not sure how that works, but it works for me.

TheRealness713
06-26-2006, 12:26 PM
how do you get the corporate discount?

RChris173
06-26-2006, 12:30 PM
how do you get the corporate discount?

I thought I just explained it. You call Sprint and tell them you have a credit union account. (CUCorp). Tell them your credit union is a member of that corporation and that you are able to get the discount. I told them I saw the ad on the website (see link I posted) and then you get the discount.

KungFoo
06-27-2006, 10:29 AM
I signed up for the CU discount on 6/13/06. They didn't ask for my account #'s or any personal info. They only asked for the name and address of my credit union.

My conformation email,

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for participating in Sprint's discount program through CUCORP INCORPORATION. You may be contacted and required to provide proof of employment, as all discount requests are subject to further verification. Expect to receive your discount within the next 60 days. An additional email will be sent prior to your next bill providing you with additional information regarding your account.

Should you have questions regarding your account please contact Customer Service.
Thank you again for your participation in our discount program."

It is my understanding that any credit union will work. Your billing date will be synched inline with their CUCORP program.

RChris173
06-27-2006, 10:31 AM
I signed up for the CU discount on 6/13/06. They didn't ask for my account #'s or any personal info. They only asked for the name and address of my credit union.

My conformation email,

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for participating in Sprint's discount program through CUCORP INCORPORATION. You may be contacted and required to provide proof of employment, as all discount requests are subject to further verification. Expect to receive your discount within the next 60 days. An additional email will be sent prior to your next bill providing you with additional information regarding your account.

Should you have questions regarding your account please contact Customer Service.
Thank you again for your participation in our discount program."

Did you get this e-mail after you told the CSR? Because I didn't get an e-mail...

KungFoo
06-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Yes, the email arrived shortly after having the conversation with the sprint rep who set up my discount.

RChris173
06-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Yes, the email arrived shortly after having the conversation with the sprint rep who set up my discount.

Hm...I'm called Sprint and they just said that it could take up to 7 days for the e-mail to come...The one that you got...

cdkb
06-27-2006, 10:43 AM
I've also just received the CU discount!

KungFoo
06-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Hm...I'm called Sprint and they just said that it could take up to 7 days for the e-mail to come...The one that you got...

I wouldn't worry about it, if you applied you should get your discount. And if by some happenstance they make a mistake you can call in and have them fix it, plus you'll have a legitimate grievance and some leverage to use towards your advantage.

RChris173
06-27-2006, 11:13 AM
I wouldn't worry about it, if you applied you should get your discount. And if by some happenstance they make a mistake you can call in and have them fix it, plus you'll have a legitimate grievance and some leverage to use towards your advantage.

Yeah that is something I always hold with them lol...

I'm glad that Sprint is like this, with the discounts and the way they always end up making you get what you want!

Unlike other companies that just have a small staff and aruge 100% of the time.

crackers8199
07-11-2006, 12:16 PM
This discount should apply to Nextel customers too, right? I tried calling yesterday to have this added on, and they said they were going to have the "strategic team" call me back within 2-3 days. What the hell is the strategic team anyway?

Dan
07-11-2006, 07:10 PM
This discount should apply to Nextel customers too, right? I tried calling yesterday to have this added on, and they said they were going to have the "strategic team" call me back within 2-3 days. What the hell is the strategic team anyway?

Nextel and sprint still run seperate billing systems and seperate discounts. Nextel may not have any credit union discount on their side at this time

ediggity
07-12-2006, 01:08 AM
Just got the Discount through ecare. Here are my emails:

================================================== ===========
Dear XXXXXXX,

I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule and writing back to us with all the required information.

I have made the required changes to your account. This will enable you
to receive the 10% discount on your paid monthly recurring charge for
being a member of Credit Union.

While provisioning the discount, a new account was created in your
name,
which is XXXXXXXXXX so as to match the billing cycle of your account
with your company's account.

Your billing cycle has changed, and will now start from the 5th day of
every month instead of the 13th day.

Your discount will appear from your next invoice. It will appear on
thesecond page of your invoice and will read as 'Nationwide Volume Base
Discount.'

Please advice about the level of customer service received in this
email.

Thank you for contacting Sprint.

Adam
Business E-Care
Sprint together with Nextel
"Where our customers come first!"

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
I thought this discount is offered to customers that
are members of a Credit Union. I do not understand why
you would require my company's information. I do not
work at the Credit Union rather I have accounts there.
What do I need to show that I qualify for this
discount?

--- Sprint Customer Solutions
<ecare1@cc.sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> Dear XXXXX,
>
> Thank you for contacting Sprint together with
> Nextel. I will be happy to assist you regarding the discount.
>
> Sprint offers 10 percent discount to the members of
> Credit Union.
>
> To provision your company's Nationwide Volume
> Program discount, we require the following information:
>
> - Your immediate supervisor's name and phone number;
> and
> - Your complete employment address.
>
> In this process, it is essential to provision your
> existing account with your company's account. And, to change your current
> bill cycle so as to match it with your company's bill cycle.
>
> If the current bill cycle is not compatible, then
> the account will be finalized and a new account will be established for
> you. The discount will appear on the second page of your invoice and
> will read as 'Nationwide Volume Base Discount.' It will appear on
> the second bill after the discount is established.
>
> I will look forward to adding the discount to your
> account, once I receive this information.
>
> Thank you for contacting us.
>
> Adam
> Business E-Care
> Sprint together with Nextel
> "Where our customers come first!"
>
>
> Original Message Follows:
> ------------------------
>
> Customer Name: XXXXXXXXX
> Sprint PCS Phone Number: XXXXXXXXXX
> Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXX
> Form: Ask A Question-Manage
> Topic: Other
>
> Question: Hi,
>
> I was told that you give discounts to Credit Union
> members. I am a
> member of the San Francisco Police Credit Union.
> It's address is:
> 2550 Irving Street
> San Francisco, CA 94122
>
> Do I qualify for this discount? If so, what do I
> need to do to get this
> discount for my Sprint account.

Pupi51
07-15-2006, 07:53 AM
I just called to get the credit union discount. They did not ask for any numbers just the credit union I belonged to. I will be waiting to see what happens on next bill

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.