PDA

View Full Version : Change/Transfer of Responsibility/Liability?

Gamer007
01-17-2005, 04:11 PM
I have heard that one way to get rid of your contract w/o paying an ETF is to transfer the service to someone that is willing to ride out the rest of your contract?

Is this possible? If it is, how do I go about doing this?

Does anyone know someone that is willing to take over a contract with 1 year and 2 months left on it? Is anyone on this forum willing to do this?

Thanks in advance.

monkeyboy
01-17-2005, 04:25 PM
I have heard that one way to get rid of your contract w/o paying an ETF is to transfer the service to someone that is willing to ride out the rest of your contract?

Does anyone know someone that is willing to take over a contract with 1 year and 2 months left on it? Is anyone on this forum willing to do this?

Yes, it is doable and quite easy. Just call Sprint CS and the transfer is straightforward. However, it cannot be a random arrangement, the person must be willing to taken on the contract, as is, the phone number/line, etc. Changes can be made to the rate plan, equipment, but the basic line must be intact (I doubt you could change the phone number easily). So then, why would anybody random be willing to do this for you ? Unless you provide them so incentive (i.e. $$ or something else). Generally it happens when family members or friends taken on another's phone. I don't think you can have any expectation of finding someone to do this who doesn't know you, unless there is some incentive involved.

If in fact you are in SW Florida, presumably it would have to be someone willing to have that locale's phone number.

Perhaps your account has the great $85/2000AT/free AAP/free Vision plan on it. That might cause someone to volunteer... :)

Kinetic2k3
01-17-2005, 04:26 PM
Wirelessly posted (Samsung MMA 700: Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone MM-7400/US/1.0) NetFront/3.1 MMP/2.0)

You Can Do That All You Need Is A Person Willing To Do So..also If That Person Does Not Have An Account With Sprint Already A Credit Check Will Be Done On Them To Set Up The New Account.. If The Person Already Has Sprint Then Make Sure Their Account Can Hold Multiple Lines

Kinetic2k3
01-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Wirelessly posted (Samsung MMA 700: Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone MM-7400/US/1.0) NetFront/3.1 MMP/2.0)

Yes, it is doable and quite easy. Just call Sprint CS and the transfer is straightforward. However, it cannot be a random arrangement, the person must be willing to taken on the contract, as is, the phone number/line, etc. Changes can be made to the rate plan, equipment, but the basic line must be intact (I doubt you could change the phone number easily). So then, why would anybody random be willing to do this for you ? Unless you provide them so incentive (i.e. $$ or something else). Generally it happens when family members or friends taken on another's phone. I don't think you can have any expectation of finding someone to do this who doesn't know you, unless there is some incentive involved.

If in fact you are in SW Florida, presumably it would have to be someone willing to have that locale's phone number.

Perhaps your account has the great $85/2000AT/free AAP/free Vision plan on it. That might cause someone to volunteer... :)

You Can Swap Phone Numbers After The Transfer Of Liability Is Completed However The Contract Will Be Renewed..that Said Some Reps Don't Renew Contracts When They Change Numbers Or Plans

Gamer007
01-17-2005, 04:46 PM
So it is doable, but it sounds like it will be pretty hard to find someone that is willing to take over my contract.

I guess I am stuck. Oh well. :(

Gamer007
01-17-2005, 04:49 PM

Unfortunately no. :( I have 700 minutes a month, unlimited n&w @ 7 pm, unlimited PCS to PCS, and Sprint PCS Free & Clear America on both lines for $75/month plus tax.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.