PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have 6 lines under one family shared plan?

cruz4
12-17-2004, 09:36 AM
I currently have 4 lines under one family shared plan and I want to add two more....Is it possible to have 6lines under one family shared plan??? :huh:

Ted
12-17-2004, 09:49 AM
no. 5 lines per account. you can have two accounts, though, if your credit class allows it.

Nater
12-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Actually, I had 6 lines on my account last month. Now I'm back down to 4 after cancelling 2. But I can assure you it's possible, if your credit supports it.

kccasey
12-17-2004, 11:21 AM
I currently have 4 lines under one family shared plan and I want to add two more....Is it possible to have 6lines under one family shared plan??? :huh:
I'd actually have to say that everyone is right about capabilities, but as a special note, Sprint DID allow it, now they don't. I have 6-lines of service sharing off of one plan, but I called to add another one, and the Rep said that now sprint only allows up to 5-lines per Plan now, that I woud have to get a seperate plan for the 7th one. the rep said that they have to let it alone the way it is now, since I've had 6-lines for a long time. But If your credit allows it, you can have up to 10-phones on yoru account, but you would have to have a seperate plan for phones 6-10. even though I feel it is still possible, I think it's more of a revenue thing than anything.

Nater
12-17-2004, 11:55 AM
Actually, I just added the 5th and 6th lines last month as well. So I'd have to say that whatever new policy Sprint might have, it still allows for >5 lines on a single plan somehow.

MsRandall
12-17-2004, 12:22 PM
SUMMARY:

Okay you can have up to 10 lines on an account that is a consumer depending on credit

The maximum family share is 5 ...some people have been known to get 6 but it rare...very rare...

Grey
12-17-2004, 05:35 PM
SUMMARY:

Okay you can have up to 10 lines on an account that is a consumer depending on credit

The maximum family share is 5 ...some people have been known to get 6 but it rare...very rare...

Yeah... they told me that I can have 10. That sounds about right.

dezod
12-20-2004, 03:25 PM
SUMMARY:

Yeah, that's the official "guideline". When I was working for sprint, they came out with that policy, but at least for many months afterward (until I quit), they still allowed us to add more than 5 in a family share plan, we just weren't "supposed to". So technically if you call and get someone who either doesn't know, or doesn't care, in principle they should "be able to" do it for you. Though they probably won't do it for you. :)

I wonder if that restriction is only for consumer accounts...I wouldn't know, but if you are in B2B can you get more than just 5 phones on a family plan? It has to be possible in business, because I remember back when I worked collections (before consumer cust srvs), seeing some accounts that had several hundred phones or even just 20 phones on the account. I don't imagine they all had seperate plans...

bitey
12-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Even if you get a rep who will add a 6th line to a family shared plan (and I would really like to do this), it looks like you could be in for a nasty surprise. Please read the following, current thread from the General Forum.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55982

callcentreguy
12-23-2004, 10:32 PM
Actually, I just added the 5th and 6th lines last month as well. So I'd have to say that whatever new policy Sprint might have, it still allows for >5 lines on a single plan somehow.

I had a long agonizing call with a radio shack rep tonight over this issue. Customer was sharing 5 phones and wanted to share a 6th one but the system just would not let me do it. Buddy decided to not believe me so called up his "sprint buddy" on another phone and had a big discussion, coming back after deciding to believe me. Customer had to set up the 6th phone on a plan by itself.......6th phone sharing can't be done, ....unfortunately.

CSR_CP
12-24-2004, 01:12 PM
I had a long agonizing call with a radio shack rep tonight over this issue. Customer was sharing 5 phones and wanted to share a 6th one but the system just would not let me do it. Buddy decided to not believe me so called up his "sprint buddy" on another phone and had a big discussion, coming back after deciding to believe me. Customer had to set up the 6th phone on a plan by itself.......6th phone sharing can't be done, ....unfortunately.

You must be in consumer general. Those LTS checks are so limiting :) It can still be done but I wouldn't recommend asking, you will get a swift no for your troubles.

callcentreguy
12-24-2004, 11:09 PM
You must be in consumer general. Those LTS checks are so limiting :) It can still be done but I wouldn't recommend asking, you will get a swift no for your troubles.

nope I'm retention.

ZUROBI3
12-25-2004, 08:30 AM
Last time I talk to them they told me I'm allow to have 10 lines under my name and could be share or different plans just depend, consider that 10 lines under share you have to watch who use more mins. might be not enough mins. for 10 lines, I think would be better everyone have they're different plans

hoorel
12-26-2004, 02:08 AM
I currently have 6 lines sharing 3500 minutes... and have had 6 for about 5 months now... so yes, it can be done. You just have to be able to qualify for them in Sprint's system... Mine qualifies for 10, but I have all of my immediate family of 6 on my plan, and thats all I need as of right now...

rjmoose
12-26-2004, 02:22 AM
SUMMARY:

I have it right now and it did not seem that big of a deal when I added the 6th line last week

uky2148
12-26-2004, 09:19 AM
Yes, it is very possible to have 6 lines on a family share plan. In FAST, sprints activation websit, i can add the 6th or even 7th line. Sometimes FAST will kick it out, but P2K, will allow you to manually do anything.

Fubar101
12-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Its possible to do but you are not permitted to do it. You can do many things to an account to hook up a customer but whether it is right or wrong is the issue. Plus accounts get audited in the background. If they see the plan is set up wrong they change it to how the plan needs to be set up.

sami
12-26-2004, 11:43 PM
I just added a 6th AAP today, and now on my primary line it wont let me send picture mail. Everytime i try to send it says i need to subscribe to pics for $5 a month which i decline. I have the RL + vision grandfathered onto my account with unlimited SMS for free. you think this is related to the AAP? also when i log on via the web sprintpcs.com with the primary number, it no longer shows a drop down box of all the different numbers.

FlameOut
12-28-2004, 01:11 AM
Yeah... they told me that I can have 10. That sounds about right.

I was also told I can have up to 10 (Currently have 5). Evertime I call CS, they are quick to remind me that I'm eligiable for up to 10 lines (2000 min plan - $85 for 1st 2 lines, $20 for each additional)

Hte2w8
12-28-2004, 09:27 AM
I was also told I can have up to 10 (Currently have 5). Evertime I call CS, they are quick to remind me that I'm eligiable for up to 10 lines (2000 min plan - $85 for 1st 2 lines, $20 for each additional)
Yes, but you can't all 10 lines sharing one plan.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.