PDA

View Full Version : HELP "Picture Access Denied! Error 86"

OJM
12-10-2004, 11:06 AM
I switched from a Treo 600 to a Treo 650 last week and am unable to send Picture Mail or Video Mail. Everytime I send such a mail, I get the following SMS message "Picture Access Denied! Error 86" Anyone else having/had this problem? Any suggestions on a solution?? Thanks!

macaddiict
12-10-2004, 11:13 AM
I did a quick search using the box at the top of the page ("error 86") and came up with two threads explaining the same problem... it seems this error means the PictureMail server is having trouble authenticating your new phone, and you need to call *2, say tech support, then say Picturemail and let them know you recently switched phones and now you get this error. Should be fixed quick.

Welcome to SprintUsers -- you'll find a lot more Treo 650 information around the site and by searching. Once you get your Picturmail working, might want to share some in this thread: http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54277

OJM
12-10-2004, 11:32 AM
I did a quick search using the box at the top of the page ("error 86") and came up with two threads explaining the same problem... it seems this error means the PictureMail server is having trouble authenticating your new phone, and you need to call *2, say tech support, then say Picturemail and let them know you recently switched phones and now you get this error. Should be fixed quick.

Welcome to SprintUsers -- you'll find a lot more Treo 650 information around the site and by searching. Once you get your Picturmail working, might want to share some in this thread: http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54277

Thanks! Just called and got the problem solved. Weird thing is that I now have to enter my password everytime I send a picture mail. Didn't have to do that with the Treo 600.

Also, I am on the old old grandfathered "Vision Included for Free" plan - will I be charged for picture mail or video mail now??? The entering a password issue worries me...

Thanks again!

PS I'll post some pics soon...

macaddiict
12-11-2004, 11:57 PM
Turn your Treo completely off and then back on and see if Picture Mail still requests your password. If it does, I'm not sure what to suggest. When my PCS services start requiring passwords restarting the phone usually helps, but I don't have a Treo.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.