PDA

View Full Version : How to change account holders

elvineet
11-04-2004, 12:56 PM
What is the procedure/requirement(s) to change the account holder.....i.e. I wanna get my account switched from my dad's name, address, and credit to mine. Does this renew the contract or do other crap like that?

blume85
11-04-2004, 01:02 PM
i don't think it renews the contract it might though it is pretty simple you have to go to a sprint store and get a change of responsibility form i think they run a credit check but not sure you dad will have to be there and so will u both sign then u should be set or at least i think

wstevens
11-04-2004, 01:05 PM
i don't think it renews the contract it might though it is pretty simple you have to go to a sprint store and get a change of responsibility form i think they run a credit check but not sure you dad will have to be there and so will u both sign then u should be set or at least i think

Yep. I'm pretty sure it's called a Transfer of Liability. It doesn't take long to do if they do it right. Just be sure that both of you have proper ID with you.

KevinS281
11-04-2004, 04:47 PM
Easiest way ... go into a Sprint store with your father ... they will run your credit ... if you have to pay a deposit they will ask for it at that time ... then you and your father will out a form ... the rep will copy both of your IDs ... then do the switch in the computer ... no contract renewal or plan change is required ...

Kevin

DF@Work
11-04-2004, 05:11 PM
It is a transfer of liability and must be done at a Sprint store, since signatures will be required to transfer ownership. Generally you shouldn't need a deposit, unless you have a serious credit related issue.

KevinS281
11-05-2004, 12:01 AM
I would say 1/3 of activations require a $125 deposit ... with 2/3 of total activatoins having a $125 ASL

Kevin

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.