PDA

View Full Version : See what number belongs to what carrier

bigaL4u2c
10-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Some one a few days ago asked for a web site that lets you see what carrier a cell number belongs to. Here is one site that will do that. You input the area code and prefix and it will tell you the location and carrier. The only flaw is if the person has left the carrier and ported the number.

Phone Look Up (http://www.snapnpost.com/phone-lookup.html)

BeNT
10-08-2004, 02:07 AM
Some one a few days ago asked for a web site that lets you see what carrier a cell number belongs to. Here is one site that will do that. You input the area code and prefix and it will tell you the location and carrier. The only flaw is if the person has left the carrier and ported the number.

Phone Look Up (http://www.snapnpost.com/phone-lookup.html)
www.smartpages.com will tell you the carrier and city if you use the reverse look-up. Landlines and businesses too.

Dave
10-08-2004, 07:28 AM
If I port my Sprint phone number to Verizon and then look up the number, will it show the exchange as belonging to Sprint or Verizon?

mcurtiss1970
10-08-2004, 07:30 AM
If I port my Sprint phone number to Verizon and then look up the number, will it show the exchange as belonging to Sprint or Verizon?

i ported mine and it shows the old carrier

Dave
10-08-2004, 07:33 AM
I figured that would be the case. Therefore, being able to tell which number matches up with which carrier may be a thing of the past.

Darkflight
10-08-2004, 08:35 AM
Exactly! The pitfalls of WLNP...

frankie
10-08-2004, 08:48 AM
does it really matter?

Ted
10-08-2004, 08:49 AM
i think people are interested in this because they want to know if people are on sprint and therefore use free airtime to talk to them. you can always ask people if they are on sprint, that's the old fashioned way.

julls
10-08-2004, 09:31 AM
the good old whitepages.com has been doing this for years...

mcurtiss1970
10-08-2004, 09:37 AM
the good old whitepages.com has been doing this for years...

sorry, still shows the old pre-port carrier

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.