PDA

View Full Version : Error 1012...

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 03:24 PM
i changed my username and password for pcs vision last night online... and i tried loggin onto vision today and ERROR 1012 came up so i called sprint technicians and the guy, who was very nice may i add, helped me out and walked me through some stuff and it ended up not working... same error code and he sent me to my local sprint store and said he sent in a notice about my problem so when they call the # it would come up but the lady there said that she couldnt do anything and that it was a technical problem and she sent me home... soo yeah im pretty much left stranded here dunno what to do.

sprint vision was working fine for me until i changed my username (i changed it because it used to be under my dads name but i got a new line added)

can anyone help? any sprint techinicans out there or anything?

maybe i should just wait a little while longer before i try... cuz on the error code it says wait or try again later... could just be time in processing the username change? who knows

Perfectance
10-07-2004, 03:26 PM
hahahaha

Update the vision profile on your phone. That's all you need to do.

Perfectance
10-07-2004, 03:27 PM
And before you ask...

Menu - Settings - PCS Vision - Update Vision Proifile

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 03:27 PM
hahahaha

Update the vision profile on your phone. That's all you need to do.

i did update it... i just clicked like i was goin to the web and it automatically TRIED to update and this is when the error code came up

im not an idiot... haha

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 03:28 PM
i did update it... i just clicked like i was goin to the web and it automatically TRIED to update and this is when the error code came up

im not an idiot... haha

ok no need to be rude

i did all of this by the way, updated it and all and this is when the error code comes up... is when it tries updating it

heres what it says

ERROR 1012 Could not prepare Vision services. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact Sprint.

Perfectance
10-07-2004, 03:31 PM

im not an idiot... haha

Do you have the no roaming feature? If so, are you in a digital coverage area?

I've changed my Vision username recently on the A700. I updated the profile, and everything was fine. You shouldn't be having a problem. Power cycle your phone and or wait. They may in fact be running slow for some reason.

NoClones
10-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Do this, make sure your phone has signal... Log into SprintpCS.Com and change your vision password... Your phone should say it needs to update network settings or something. Do that it wait about 10 minutes, then try and log on. Vision was giving me problems the other day and provisioning it alone wasn't enough. I had to change my password (Even though I kept it the same, just type it in as a new one), it updated and all was good a few minutes later.

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 03:33 PM
yeah i think ill just wait until tomorrow and see if it still persists... and thanks for the comment haha i just like to be 100% SURE because i hate wasting time.

who knows, if all goes wrong, the technician said i could get a brand new phone activated because i have the 14 day warranty :)

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Do this, make sure your phone has signal... Log into SprintpCS.Com and change your vision password... Your phone should say it needs to update network settings or something. Do that it wait about 10 minutes, then try and log on. Vision was giving me problems the other day and provisioning it alone wasn't enough. I had to change my password (Even though I kept it the same, just type it in as a new one), it updated and all was good a few minutes later.

thanks this sounds like it may work... and to answer perfectance's question, no i am not roaming. and i have a lot of signal

side note: the tech i was speaking to added 200 minutes to my account for some reason. he said that i was in danger of going over so he added 200 minutes jsut in case and for me waiting on the phone for him. (i spent 30 minutes trying to fix this problem today, well 25 to be exact)

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 03:54 PM
whoa big problem.... i just did what noclones told me, never got the notice to update network settings...

so i tried logging on to vision and now my phone freezes everytime i try to do vision

oh man... this is bad it works fine until i try to do vision then nothing works

however when the phone light turns off, and i press a button, the lights come back on... it just doesnt do anything i cant do anything

sammyrocks
10-07-2004, 04:15 PM
I just purchased the mma700 about 4 hours ago, and I keep getting this same error when I try to do anything web-related :/

NoClones
10-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Phone bug maybe ?

DF@Work
10-07-2004, 04:44 PM
Everyone please bear in mind that whenver you or Sprint make changes to anything related to Vision and ID, it does not update instantaneously on all levels right away. It is possible you may have to wait a little time due to network congestion, other folks working on their own vision stuff and / or neighbor's illegal use of vision datacable services. If you do an update today, give it till tomorrow. If its a no go, then have it rechecked.

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 04:50 PM
is it a phone problem if whenever i try and access web now, it totally freezes on me? no buttons function they just light up the screen

eek im stressed haha

pdx77
10-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone PM-8200/US/1.0) NetFront/3.1 MMP/2.0)

Everyone please bear in mind that whenver you or Sprint make changes to anything related to Vision and ID, it does not update instantaneously on all levels right away. It is possible you may have to wait a little time due to network congestion, other folks working on their own vision stuff and / or neighbor's illegal use of vision datacable services. If you do an update today, give it till tomorrow. If its a no go, then have it rechecked.

That makes sense, the reps also need to tell people that instead of saying everything will work in 1 hour.

DF@Work
10-07-2004, 04:51 PM
I think its locking because its trying to get id info and it may be getting conflicted info... but that's my guess... (Kinda like IE takes forever on some websites before giving me a 404 or server not found error)...

KevinS281
10-07-2004, 04:52 PM
When activating a new line/adding vision/changing your vision username or password could take up to 24 hours to go through all the systems ... keep trying to go into the settings menu and updating the vision profile and disabling and enabling vision ... if that doesn't work ... take it to a store and ask them to "provision" your phone

Kevin

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 04:52 PM
I think its locking because its trying to get id info and it may be getting conflicted info... but that's my guess... (Kinda like IE takes forever on some websites before giving me a 404 or server not found error)...

so if i wait it out until tomorrow or so... u think itll work probably?

pdx77
10-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone PM-8200/US/1.0) NetFront/3.1 MMP/2.0)

so if i wait it out until tomorrow or so... u think itll work probably?

Probably, if it doesn't work after tomorow, I would take it to the Sprint store, but a different one as the one you goto sounds like they have no clue on what they are doing.

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 04:58 PM
When activating a new line/adding vision/changing your vision username or password could take up to 24 hours to go through all the systems ... keep trying to go into the settings menu and updating the vision profile and disabling and enabling vision ... if that doesn't work ... take it to a store and ask them to "provision" your phone

Kevin

well i took it into the store and the lady was kind of mean but i didnt do much about it... anyway

she was like umm sorry we cant do anything about this, this is a technical problem. i was like uhhh ok and she goes sorry so i left

hmm what exactly CAN they do? im goin back in tomorrow if the problem is still goin on... so i just say "can u provision my phone" and theyll know what to do?

pdx77
10-07-2004, 05:03 PM

Seriously just goto another store. It sounds like you have nothing but problems with the one you goto.

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 05:18 PM
yeah i probably will... im just crossin my fingers it works

i havent tried connectin to web since i posted this thread, im not even gonna touch it until tomorrow when i wake up

then... im off to another store

Loth
10-07-2004, 05:21 PM
K heres what I have done here in my store and thats worked several times for issues just like this one.

Go to https://pictures.sprintpcs.com/login.jsp and click on the "I forgot my password" link.

It will send you a txt message and that will reset the issue with your phone and the website not being in synch. Then you ought to be able to connect from your phone to the vision services.

Hope this helps.

Loth

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 05:34 PM
K heres what I have done here in my store and thats worked several times for issues just like this one.

Go to https://pictures.sprintpcs.com/login.jsp and click on the "I forgot my password" link.

It will send you a txt message and that will reset the issue with your phone and the website not being in synch. Then you ought to be able to connect from your phone to the vision services.

Hope this helps.

Loth

hmm it sent the text message but all it sent was my password... soo yeah

i just tried to connect and my phone froze again, i think i have a pretty serious problem huh

Ted
10-07-2004, 05:38 PM
andy, i think you are the only person on this board who posts more than me. but seriously though, good luck with your problem. i have no idea what it is.

Perfectance
10-07-2004, 05:43 PM
^ Man Ted, that's saying something, and he just signed up!

Because I had nothing better to do today, I changed my Vision name and password. I'm sorry to say, but it worked just fine. I'm not having any of these problems. Sorry Andy Candy, hopefully tomorrow it'll work. Don't blame the phone though, I know it doesn't want to be bad, but it just can't help it.

Ted
10-07-2004, 05:45 PM

Because I had nothing better to do today, I changed my Vision name and password. I'm sorry to say, but it worked just fine. I'm not having any of these problems. Sorry Andy Candy, hopefully tomorrow it'll work. Don't blame the phone though, I know it doesn't want to be bad, but it just can't help it.\

LMAO!

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 05:45 PM

Because I had nothing better to do today, I changed my Vision name and password. I'm sorry to say, but it worked just fine. I'm not having any of these problems. Sorry Andy Candy, hopefully tomorrow it'll work. Don't blame the phone though, I know it doesn't want to be bad, but it just can't help it.

har har har... but yeah seriously

everytime i go to web everything freezes up but i still get calls and text messages, i just cant go to them, the SAMSUNG blinks but i cant get to it, its just frozen on the web thing

this is really annoying me, my phone works fine but just the fact that i cant get on the web (which i dont even do that much) annoys me

i dont see why its freezing.. it doesnt even load it just stays there doing nothing

Ted
10-07-2004, 05:46 PM
call and talk to a vision tech. it's quite possible it's something in the settings

KevinS281
10-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Usually with Vision errors ... swapping out phones only makes the problems worse ... with the freezing issue ... take the battery off and leave it off for 10 mins or so and then power it back on and try it again

Kevin

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Usually with Vision errors ... swapping out phones only makes the problems worse ... with the freezing issue ... take the battery off and leave it off for 10 mins or so and then power it back on and try it again

Kevin

great... i just got back from sprint store and they just swapped out the phones but this time at least it doesnt freeze, it just tries loadin up and error 1201 comes up again but he said just go change ur username and password again and it should work.

(i did take the battery out for a long time WHILE on the phone with a vision tech too haha) so i dunno at least i got a new phone out of this? ha

crossing my fingers... changed my username AGAIN and im gonna wait for a while before i even try to get on the web. blah now i have to make all my ringtones over again and screensavers

HERBD
10-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Ok.... Heres The Deal... I Am A Sprint Dealer I Also Have The Mm-a700 Phone. There Is A Software Bug With The Mm-a700. Some Pheones Work And Some Do Not. I Have Personally Changed The 3g Data Settings On My Phone. Reprovissioned My Phone, Changed Every User Name And Password Relating To My Account. Samsung Is Working On A Software Fix. Keep An Eye Out For It.....

BRoel02
10-07-2004, 08:10 PM
I just got the A700, or, at least I TRIED to. I spent 1 hour on the phone with cust sol. when I got error 1012 with vision. Then at the end of the convo. and having me reprogram the phone, she said, "now try vision" and all it did was freeze. So she said it was a prob. with the software and to bring it back to the sprint store. so, I went to one sprint store and he did something and then said that it was all better- "wait a few minutes and try it again". When I asked him to swap my phonebook he said "you have to go to another store because our teck left at 4pm". So, I did. When I got to the other sprint store I tried the vision and it still froze. The new store told me to exchange the phone at the best buy that I got it at. I came back with a different A700 and three hours later they say that they have to re provision my vision and it will take 4 hours to work, needless to say, this was one heck of a day. Getting vision to work on this A700 is more trouble than its worth. :furious:

mcurtiss1970
10-07-2004, 08:11 PM
someone with the initials JJ is gonna love this :eyeroll:

Ted
10-07-2004, 08:18 PM
someone with the initials JJ is gonna love this :eyeroll:

yeah... WWJJD? LOL!

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 08:22 PM
how long does it take for "the network to update my phone's settings" (its been like 10 minutes... but i dont wanna press END cuz i dont want anything to mess up any worse)

because thats what its doin now after i just changed my username again...

and wow broel, thats stressful... i prob woulda just quit

so did it ever end up working? haha

Ted
10-07-2004, 08:24 PM
how long does it take for "the network to update my phone's settings"

because thats what its doin now after i just changed my username again...

and wow broel, thats stressful... i prob woulda just quit

so did it ever end up working? haha

it varies, sometimes 2 min sometimes 2 hours. i think it has to do with network traffic and number of calls the system is handling as to how fast it can push the data to your phone

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 08:26 PM
it varies, sometimes 2 min sometimes 2 hours. i think it has to do with network traffic and number of calls the system is handling as to how fast it can push the data to your phone

oh wow... so i guess ill just wait it out, oh well i really hope this works. i think its goin to

oh and by the way i think i found the answer to my first problem. i probably pressed END the first time..... hahaha (duno if thats the answer but im sure it didnt help)

Deval
10-07-2004, 08:35 PM
also, if you keep trying to log on, and the password is wrong, your account will be locked out for at least 20 minutes at a time, and sometimes 24 hours

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 08:37 PM
also, if you keep trying to log on, and the password is wrong, your account will be locked out for at least 20 minutes at a time, and sometimes 24 hours

will it even tell me if my password is wrong? cuz ive changed it twice now tryin to get it to work... but i dont think it should be wrong

mcurtiss1970
10-07-2004, 08:42 PM
will it even tell me if my password is wrong? cuz ive changed it twice now tryin to get it to work... but i dont think it should be wrong

turn the phone off, put on on the table, step away......

J Train
10-07-2004, 08:45 PM

I'm going thorugh the same exact thing. Went to the store. The techs claimed, "I used my phone as a modem and it was frozen or something" I was like, ***????

They swapped my phone for another one.

Now, the f*cking Vision is still not working on the 2nd A700!!!! I'm so sick of this *****. If Vision doesn't work by tomorrow, Sprint can go f*ck themselves cause I'm taking the phone back and switching to Verizon. They got the Audiovox 9900 for $49 too.

This is bull*****. I'm a new customer and was approved with no deposit. They should be kissin my *****. I have good credit and pay my bills on time.

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 08:45 PM
what the hells ur problem curtis? youve really been pissin me off lately and i dont even say shi* to u... sorry if ur a nerdy loser with no friends and has nothing better to do than to go on sprint forums and make fun of people who ask questions

get a life

mcurtiss1970
10-07-2004, 08:46 PM
This is bull*****. I'm a new customer and was approved with no deposit. They should be kissin my *****. I have good credit and pay my bills on time.

I pay my bills too and no one kisses my ass.

andyACEcandy
10-07-2004, 08:47 PM
I'm going thorugh the same exact thing. Went to the store. The techs claimed, "I used my phone as a modem and it was frozen or something" I was like, ***????

Now, the f*cking Vision is still not working on the 2nd A700!!!! I'm so sick of this *****. If Vision doesn't work by tomorrow, Sprint can go f*ck themselves cause I'm taking the phone back and switching to Verizon. They got the Audiovox 9900 for $49 too.

hmmm calm down... it will probably work tomorrow, i dont know why its not workin for u, u just got the phone right? and just signed up with sprint? it shoulda worked right out of the box

HERBD
10-07-2004, 08:48 PM
K New "supposed Update To The Mm-a700 Software Out Today This Evening I Am On My Way To My Local Sprint Store *puke* To Get This Update I Will Post Up Tomorrow And Fill You All In On If It Works.

Herbd

J Train
10-07-2004, 08:50 PM
hmmm calm down... it will probably work tomorrow, i dont know why its not workin for u, u just got the phone right? and just signed up with sprint? it shoulda worked right out of the box

Calm down? It's been 48 hours already. It's bull$h*t man. I had SPCS before. The f*cking thing shoulda worked right outta the box. Tomorrow my arse. They been saying the same BS for the last 2 days. *** they gonna say next, "The sun will come out tomorrow..."?

Deval
10-07-2004, 08:52 PM

*waves goodbye* door swings inward, not outward...dont hit yourself on the door

J Train
10-07-2004, 08:55 PM
*waves goodbye* door swings inward, not outward...dont hit yourself on the door

Wow that was really helpful man. Thanks a lot bro, you're really great. You deserve an award for going all out to help! God bless you man.

Deval
10-07-2004, 09:00 PM
well there is nothing else you can do... Error 1012 means that something is held up in the system. I fix them daily, and I know that sometimes there is a delay before it starts working.

davec8100
10-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Wirelessly posted (VM4050/132.037 UP.Browser/6.2.2.4.e.1.100 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

what the hells ur problem curtis? youve really been pissin me off lately and i dont even say shi* to u... sorry if ur a nerdy loser with no friends and has nothing better to do than to go on sprint forums and make fun of people who ask questions

get a life

Somebody go get Dave. ACE needs a slap on the hand for that one.

DcDave63
10-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Amen brother!

SL10
10-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Every one give Andy a break here! I seen 3 different members saying they have the same issue! Andy just wait 24 hours and retry vision if it is a no go then shot the dam phone! LMAO! Or exchange it out again! If it is a software issue then only a firmware update would solve it?

BRoel02
10-07-2004, 09:39 PM
Although a bit less po'ed, I'm with J Train on this one! I know that things take time some times but after being on the phone for an hour, gettin nowhere, going to 2 sprint stores, one bestbuy and wasting hours of my time, this is a bit crazy. I too am happy I only spent 200 on the A700, otherwise it wouldnt be worth my time, not that I have anything TOO important to do :eyeroll:

Deval
10-07-2004, 09:40 PM
how about...maybe a network issue?

BRoel02
10-07-2004, 09:42 PM
and btw, they say my vision should be up by midnight after the provisioning that third teir does on it, and the sprint store guy said that my user name might have to chang...no more broel02, NO WAY, so I say "no way man ask the TT tech" he asked and the TT tech said that it wouldnt be changed, I hope not!

J Train
10-07-2004, 09:49 PM
Although a bit less po'ed, I'm with J Train on this one! I know that things take time some times but after being on the phone for an hour, gettin nowhere, going to 2 sprint stores, one bestbuy and wasting hours of my time, this is a bit crazy. I too am happy I only spent 200 on the A700, otherwise it wouldnt be worth my time, not that I have anything TOO important to do :eyeroll:

Exactly. Thanks man, at least you know how I feel.

Look, I apologize if I offended some people here with my comments and/or language but this is ridiculous. Some people paid $400 for this phone. SPCS should have taken more time and effort into testing prior to release.

What good is a megapixel/video phone without Vision? It's a paperweight. For that I coulda got myself a Sammy A660 for free!

Deval
10-07-2004, 09:58 PM
ok...again...vision provisioning sometimes takes a while...and there are some things which can be done...you tried everything right? now you just gotta wait...again, repeated logins with incorrect data will lock out your account. just put it down and wait for a few

region
10-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Same thing happened here.

Day one

Vision was fine on my old phone
Bought a700 kept getting 1012 error.
Called Vision Specialist/ sent ota/ sent another ota/ phone locks up everytime you hit vision.
Tech says "known issue" get software update.

Next day at the store:

Don't know what to do so here is a new phone.
Several hours go by 1012 error.
Called Vision Specialist/ provision/ manual input/ on and on for about an hour. Final results was "SORRY CANT HELP YOU" Thats right no solution offered.

Next Day:

It's a known issue we will start a trouble ticket

Next Day:

I wounder why the last guy didn't start a trouble ticket? Ill start one it should work in 36 hours.

Some of the guys on this posting that seem to think the key is waiting. Just how long am I suppossed to wait. Sprint has really dropped the ball here.

Seriously if anyone actually knows if the software update is out yet, please let me know. The phones voice dialing feature by far out does all other phones I have used. But vision is a must.

BeNT
10-07-2004, 11:27 PM
is it a phone problem if whenever i try and access web now, it totally freezes on me? no buttons function they just light up the screen

eek im stressed haha
I did EXACTLY the same thing and EXACTLY the same thing happened. Sprint tech support had me swap out my phone. No problems now, and when it first provisioned it had my new name.

Hte2w8
10-07-2004, 11:51 PM
sorry if ur a nerdy loser with no friends and has nothing better to do than to go on sprint forums

Um...NO. That would be....you.

andyACEcandy
10-08-2004, 02:41 AM
holy crap... THE NEW PHONE IS FREEZING NOW!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaah

what do i doooo? hahaha this is insane. i waited for the network to update my phones software but that was at like 9pm so i went to sleep and found myself wakin up at like 3:30 in the morning so i looked at my phone and it wasnt even done so i clicked end and it ended and i tried accessing web and it froze!!!!! blaaah

ok its 4 in the morning now and i went to change password so i did and now the network is updating my phones settings. (this is attempt #2) i dunno how long ill wait, last time i waited more than 6 hours! and it didnt even update.

lets just hope IF it even updates, that my web stops freezing, blaaaaaaah

mcurtiss1970
10-08-2004, 03:51 AM

get a life

i only was suggesting with my "step away from the phone" post that you should stop trying to log in continuously and possibly get locked out of the network.

but if you really want to get personal (which I wasn't), we can try that route. Let me know when you want a shot at the title.

andyACEcandy
10-08-2004, 06:36 AM
anyway, its now 7:30 in the morning... 3 and a half hours its been since the network "started updating my phones settings"

AND ITS STILL DOING IT should i just leave it? this is messed up

DcDave63
10-08-2004, 07:09 AM
I think you need to go back and re-read some of the posts that these kind people have made for you. Some of them, who WORK for Sprint, have said that it may take 24 or 48 hours in some cases for a password change to take. There have also been numerous network issues with messaging, which may be related to your problem.

Have you, in the last 24 hours, called and asked for a "Tech support" person to help you? If not, do it. Since none of us can see what you are doing, there is no way at this point, for anyone here to help you beyond the nearly extraordinary steps they have already gone. A forum is place to ask questions and get answers. Sometimes the answer is, go to Sprint.

andyACEcandy
10-08-2004, 09:24 AM
I think you need to go back and re-read some of the posts that these kind people have made for you. Some of them, who WORK for Sprint, have said that it may take 24 or 48 hours in some cases for a password change to take. There have also been numerous network issues with messaging, which may be related to your problem.

Have you, in the last 24 hours, called and asked for a "Tech support" person to help you? If not, do it. Since none of us can see what you are doing, there is no way at this point, for anyone here to help you beyond the nearly extraordinary steps they have already gone. A forum is place to ask questions and get answers. Sometimes the answer is, go to Sprint.

yes i have called tech support, i did tech support and vision tech support and ive gone through everything and nothing worked so i went to sprint store, got a new phone and it tried updating my settings and never did (i waited over night and nothing happened) so i pressed end and tried connecting to web and it just freezes on me again... blah

andyACEcandy
10-08-2004, 09:28 AM
yes i have called tech support, i did tech support and vision tech support and ive gone through everything and nothing worked so i went to sprint store, got a new phone and it tried updating my settings and never did (i waited over night and nothing happened) so i pressed end and tried connecting to web and it just freezes on me again... blah

also... does anyone know why my phone freezes when trying to connect to web now? it cant be a phone issue... because its done it on 2 phones now... right? blah im in school right now and hope its fixed when i get home. its STILL updating my phone's settings since 4 in the morning... this cant be right

sammyrocks
10-08-2004, 09:37 AM
Well, my new mma700 is still getting the 1012 error; it is now officially 24 hours since I purchased it :(

andyACEcandy
10-08-2004, 09:39 AM
Well, my new mma700 is still getting the 1012 error; it is now officially 24 hours since I purchased it :(

blah mine was working fine until i changed the stupid username online

now its all messed up blaaaah

mcurtiss1970
10-08-2004, 09:40 AM
blah mine was working fine until i changed the stupid username online

now its all messed up blaaaah

sure sounds like the phone to me...and by the phone, i mean the model, not your individual handset

andyACEcandy
10-08-2004, 09:44 AM
sure sounds like the phone to me...and by the phone, i mean the model, not your individual handset

yeah ur probably right... but than again it was working fine before i changed my username/password

i had ringtones, screensavers, that i downloaded btu then i got a new phone and i need to re-do all of it but the whole web thing...

i dunno, maybe theyll have a software update? i dunno what to do because now it jsut freezes when trying to access web, i dont get the error 1012 anymore

BRoel02
10-08-2004, 10:18 AM
well, I tried my 700 today, almost 24 hours now, they said the provisioning would take about 4. I know, I know, 24 to 48 hours you say I should wait, but thought Id give it a go. For me its doin the same thing, "updating vision profile, please wait..." for 20 min, then 1012. Then I tried and it updated for hours. I hate to give up on such a cool phone but I think I will settle for the A680 well its off to reading reviews again... Thanks BTW for all the help that you guys are givin' and all the sprint techs but it looks like there are just spurratic probs with vision and the A700. A700 + vision = ****aroach (big bug). :hee:

BRoel02
10-08-2004, 10:20 AM
oops, i guess i have to write cokaroach, it doesnt like the first part of that. not that i think i spelled it right the first time. my spelin aint so gud.

DcDave63
10-08-2004, 10:20 AM
Error Code #1012: Could not prepare data services. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact Sprint.
Client-initiated IOTA fails, general failure code for all IOTA failures.

This is a Mobile IP address error. Usually caused by your IP address not being recognized by the network, and expressed as an incorrect username/password.

ok...again...vision provisioning sometimes takes a while...and there are some things which can be done...you tried everything right? now you just gotta wait...again, repeated logins with incorrect data will lock out your account. just put it down and wait for a few

Like he said...

If you turn your phone off, then go online, change your password. Leave phone off for a few hours. Then after those few hours have passed. Turn the phone on and attempt to update vision. Chances are, it will work.

If not, you may have to try this (which is extremely advanced for some folks, and not recommended for all), which I found during a search through Google:

Call Sprint (FROM A LANDLINE, not your cell) and say that you are having these problems and want to reset your phone and that you need your MSL.

1.From the settings menu select SETTINGS
2.Select Internet and Sign Off (you must be sure you are signed out of the Internet)
3.Press END to return to your main screen.
4.Enter ##3282 (which spells "##DATA" by the way)
5.Press your Menu OK button
6.A menu displays and you select SAVE PHONE#
7.You are prompted to enter your MSL number (which I had to get from Sprint)
8.A menu displays and you select CUSTOM NAI
9.Completely erase the old user name by holding down the BACK key
10.Leaving the user name blank, press the MenuOK button (the new user name will be retrieved by the phone later)
11.The NAI PASSWORD displays next, and you push the EDIT soft button.
12.Once again, hold down the BACK key to complete delete the password (even if it's correct [as was my case], since it will be retrieved later)
13.The HA PASSWORD displays, but don't do anything. Just press the END key to get back to the main screen.

Your phone will reboot, and you should then try to access the web. It will take awhile as it tries to retrieve the new user name and password. If you get an Error code 1012, exit and try again in about 20 minutes. My rep said to call back if it didn't work after 20 minutes, but that It could take as long as 2 to 24 hours.

pcstech
10-08-2004, 10:43 AM
There is a current problem with the A700 not provisioning correctly (1012 error) and current handsets that are provisioned are freezing when launching any web related services. Sprint is working on the problem at this time. It appears to be affecting this handset only.

andyACEcandy
10-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Error Code #1012: Could not prepare data services. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact Sprint.
Client-initiated IOTA fails, general failure code for all IOTA failures.

This is a Mobile IP address error. Usually caused by your IP address not being recognized by the network, and expressed as an incorrect username/password.

Like he said...

If you turn your phone off, then go online, change your password. Leave phone off for a few hours. Then after those few hours have passed. Turn the phone on and attempt to update vision. Chances are, it will work.

If not, you may have to try this (which is extremely advanced for some folks, and not recommended for all), which I found during a search through Google:

Call Sprint (FROM A LANDLINE, not your cell) and say that you are having these problems and want to reset your phone and that you need your MSL.

1.From the settings menu select SETTINGS
2.Select Internet and Sign Off (you must be sure you are signed out of the Internet)
3.Press END to return to your main screen.
4.Enter ##3282 (which spells "##DATA" by the way)
5.Press your Menu OK button
6.A menu displays and you select SAVE PHONE#
7.You are prompted to enter your MSL number (which I had to get from Sprint)
8.A menu displays and you select CUSTOM NAI
9.Completely erase the old user name by holding down the BACK key
10.Leaving the user name blank, press the MenuOK button (the new user name will be retrieved by the phone later)
11.The NAI PASSWORD displays next, and you push the EDIT soft button.
12.Once again, hold down the BACK key to complete delete the password (even if it's correct [as was my case], since it will be retrieved later)
13.The HA PASSWORD displays, but don't do anything. Just press the END key to get back to the main screen.

Your phone will reboot, and you should then try to access the web. It will take awhile as it tries to retrieve the new user name and password. If you get an Error code 1012, exit and try again in about 20 minutes. My rep said to call back if it didn't work after 20 minutes, but that It could take as long as 2 to 24 hours.

yeah those steps are exactly what the vision tech told me to do and i did all of them and my phone still didnt connect so yeah now im trying the other way (turning off phone, changing password, wait for a while then turn back on and update settings)

i just left my phone on updating for more than 8 hours now and it didnt update so i jsut pressed end. still freezing, blah

ill probably try sprint techs again if the problem is still goin on then bring it to sprint store if problem still is not fixed

DcDave63
10-08-2004, 11:50 AM
yeah those steps are exactly what the vision tech told me to do and i did all of them and my phone still didnt connect so yeah now im trying the other way (turning off phone, changing password, wait for a while then turn back on and update settings)

i just left my phone on updating for more than 8 hours now and it didnt update so i jsut pressed end. still freezing, blah

ill probably try sprint techs again if the problem is still goin on then bring it to sprint store if problem still is not fixed

Well, like PC Tech said below, there are network provisioning issues at the moment with your phone. Also, in reading all of your posts, at what point did you turn off the phone, and leave it off for a few hours(not on and updating)? It seems like you are changing the password and letting it update over and over again. If that is the case, you will never get it fixed even after the provisioning is fixed, simply because you keep repeating your error and trying to force the system to accept the changes faster than it can change them.

pcstech
10-08-2004, 12:24 PM
I've been told that an "over the wire" provisioning will correct the problem, but have not been able to verify this yet. I would say if you are close to a Sprint service store, you might try that option. You probably will get past the 1012, but it may still lock up on vision access though.

andyACEcandy
10-08-2004, 12:24 PM
Well, like PC Tech said below, there are network provisioning issues at the moment with your phone. Also, in reading all of your posts, at what point did you turn off the phone, and leave it off for a few hours(not on and updating)? It seems like you are changing the password and letting it update over and over again. If that is the case, you will never get it fixed even after the provisioning is fixed, simply because you keep repeating your error and trying to force the system to accept the changes faster than it can change them.

i guess i should stop changing my username and password? the guy at the sprint store said error 1012 meant to change it when i got the phone yesterday and it didnt work at the store so he told me to go home and change my username so i did and then it messed up again... so what do u recommend i do? just wait a few days?

DcDave63
10-08-2004, 12:26 PM
I think you should go online, turn off the phone, change the password and username, write it down. Tomorrow, turn on the phone and attempt to restart the update vision process with that new username and password.

andyACEcandy
10-08-2004, 12:27 PM
alright... but the whole freezing thing is my main priority now

lets say the error 1012 is fixed, ill never even know if it keeps freezing everytime i press web

HERBD
10-08-2004, 12:33 PM
well... their software patch is a new phone. ive now had two mma700's now. and 4 service tickets. reprovisioned 25 times no joke. changed all settings..... here is something to check also for thos of you with the MSL code check your pri and sec. HA IP's 068.028.???.??? the last six are for your service area codes. i have changed mine and it does not work still..... i dunno. its really pissing me off. ive spent approx 8 hours on the phone with tier 1 with no success.

also i saw someone on here said the phone was not holding the msid #... when you view it it will be there, however when you go into edit. the msid # will automatically zero out.

it is the same as your phone number.....

new from sprint..... just got email. there is a temp fix. go to sprint store with onsite tech support. for "over the wire program flash" it will work till you change password or user name......

tell the techie at sprint to check their service notes this email is new as of 1130today. or to check their op's notes.

good luck to all i will post up as soon as i get mine done..... anyone else post up if they get it done

herbd

andyACEcandy
10-08-2004, 12:34 PM
well... their software patch is a new phone. ive now had two mma700's now. and 4 service tickets. reprovisioned 25 times no joke. changed all settings..... here is something to check also for thos of you with the MSL code check your pri and sec. HA IP's 068.028.???.??? the last six are for your service area codes. i have changed mine and it does not work still..... i dunno. its really pissing me off. ive spent approx 8 hours on the phone with tier 1 with no success.

yeah this is really annoying.... im on the line with sprint AGAIN (THIRD times a charm right? phh)

this is stupid, but i really lke ths phone

DcDave63
10-08-2004, 12:36 PM
If it was me, and I bought a MM-A700, and I couldnt use the MM because the web wasn't working, I would bring it back and get something else. Probably something cheap or free, and wait for the new phones to come out. Preferably from a company who has created other, working, MM phones for Sprint...like Sanyo...or give the new LG a try when it comes out.

But thats just me...

sammyrocks
10-08-2004, 12:38 PM
Just got back from the Sprint store. They took it to the back to re-provision it (whatever that means) but before they could, it started working correctly :)

andyACEcandy
10-08-2004, 12:42 PM
maaaaaaaan hahaha

:(

HERBD
10-08-2004, 12:44 PM
ther is a new temporary fix as of 1130 today. take it to any store with handset service. "over the wire" programming..

DO NOT RESET YOUR PASSWORDS FOR VISION. THIS WILL SCREW EVERYTHING UP!!!!!!!!!

HERBD

andyACEcandy
10-08-2004, 12:48 PM
yeah the lady on the phone just told me to do this... she said it just came in today

gotta go do it over the wire AND DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD OR USERNAME

HERBD
10-08-2004, 12:49 PM
If it was me, and I bought a MM-A700, and I couldnt use the MM because the web wasn't working, I would bring it back and get something else. Probably something cheap or free, and wait for the new phones to come out. Preferably from a company who has created other, working, MM phones for Sprint...like Sanyo...or give the new LG a try when it comes out.

But thats just me...

and yes the new lg325? slider bluetooth phone is absolutely BAD ASS!!!
the i550 will be out soon it is still palm based and the i600 is windows 2003. and its absolutely horrible to navigate.

the scp7400 is sweet. it looks like the 7300 but has interchangeable faceplates and is multimedia i believe. they took it and threw it as hard as they could at a wall. stood on it with it flipped open and the screen was fine it still made calls it was still in one peice.

the nok 3205 is different but kinda cool its completely customizeable so you can make your own "faceplate" designs you want a naked chick onit. you got it....
the 6016 is really nothin special...

J Train
10-08-2004, 01:09 PM
ther is a new temporary fix as of 1130 today. take it to any store with handset service. "over the wire" programming..

DO NOT RESET YOUR PASSWORDS FOR VISION. THIS WILL SCREW EVERYTHING UP!!!!!!!!!

HERBD

Yup they just told me this today. I'm on my way to the store now. I hope this works. I dont want or like the Sanyo VM4500. Everybody and their grandmother has that phone anyway. Sanyo needs to address the earpiece issue. Probably making them with crappy parts or something.

Hope everyone gets their A700s working

pcstech
10-08-2004, 01:39 PM
You MSID may be the same as your cell number, but not always. If you screw up you MSID, there goes your calling ability.

andyACEcandy
10-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Yup they just told me this today. I'm on my way to the store now. I hope this works. I dont want or like the Sanyo VM4500. Everybody and their grandmother has that phone anyway. Sanyo needs to address the earpiece issue. Probably making them with crappy parts or something.

Hope everyone gets their A700s working

im at bestbuy right no while my phone is being fixed... PLEASE let it work! 30 minutes please please

but the lady on the phone said it was a TEMPORARY fix.... so what happens when the TEMPORARY is over? hmmm

oh well ill worry bout that later lets just hope this works, thanks dave

haha i really like this laptop im usin right now at bestbuy too haha

andyACEcandy
10-08-2004, 02:28 PM
YESSSSSSS!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone with the same problem, just go to your local sprint store and tell them to just update your software through the wires. theyll take it back to their technician and he'll update it and re-provision your phone

IT WORKS!!!!! wooo now i gotta re-do all my ringtones and screensavers, blah haha

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Perfectance
10-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Wirelessly posted (Samsung-SPHA700 AU-MIC-A700/2.0 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Now i'm worried. how long till my phone breaks. and no, i didn't post this wirelessly to mock anyone. i'll give samsung a call. the more people the better.

HERBD
10-08-2004, 04:06 PM
The Temp Fix Will Work Untill You Change Your Visionusernam/password. The Perm. Fix Will Be Out Within The Next 36-48 Hours *caugh*bull*****caugh* More Likely Within The Next Week. Im Glad To Hear It Is Working Im Leaving My Work For Lunch Soon So I Can Go Get Mine Fixed...

Herbd

J Train
10-08-2004, 07:56 PM
YESSSSSSS!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone with the same problem, just go to your local sprint store and tell them to just update your software through the wires. theyll take it back to their technician and he'll update it and re-provision your phone

IT WORKS!!!!! wooo now i gotta re-do all my ringtones and screensavers, blah haha

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

How long did it take for Vision to start working? Cause I tried doing this today. I think the ********* just claimed to do it and did nothin.

KevinS281
10-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Didn't I say to take it to a Sprint store and have them "Provision" it ... yes I did ... on page two in fact ... everybody can save them headaches with calling Tech Support ... if you are getting an error 67 or 1012 with Vision ... having an OTW Provision usually fixes it 95% of the time ... these 7 pages were not needed if people just read carefully and take the advice of people who know what they are talking about

Kevin

Hte2w8
10-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Didn't I say to take it to a Sprint store and have them "Provision" it ... yes I did ... on page two in fact ... everybody can save them headaches with calling Tech Support ... if you are getting an error 67 or 1012 with Vision ... having an OTW Provision usually fixes it 95% of the time ... these 7 pages were not needed if people just read carefully and take the advice of people who know what they are talking about

Kevin
Kevin...In honor of you I'm increasing the population of Common Sense Island to 3. :hee:

Seriously...thank you. Maybe the madness will stop now.

Marlon_JB2
10-08-2004, 09:56 PM

Kevin

:good:

:filler:

andyACEcandy
10-08-2004, 10:04 PM
well i did say i took it to the store, they sent me home

then i went to store again, they gave me new phone

then i went to store with broken new phone THEN they re provisioned it.... when too bad they couldnt have just done that in the beginning!!!!!

oh well its all good now thanks kevin

Deval
10-08-2004, 11:05 PM
i mentioned that about 5 pages ago, do i get a place on your island??...but thank god the threads will end now

Hte2w8
10-08-2004, 11:18 PM
i mentioned that about 5 pages ago, do i get a place on your island??...but thank god the threads will end now
You can visit :hee:

Deval
10-08-2004, 11:23 PM
well i've been there, and liked it...and would like to become a permanent citizen...what do i do?

Noodle
10-09-2004, 02:21 AM
and this is one reason I won't buy a phone the day or week they first offer it. 2. since I've been here I (for the most part) actually read previous posts and listen to people who know more then me and take their advice. *sigh* come on now people there are people who work for sprint and post here as well not just for their health but to actually help others out... thank god I went with the 8200 (was considering the 4500) and actually listened to others.

And I didn't mean that the 4500 was bad, just that the 8200 was a better choice for me.

kiesha
10-09-2004, 10:07 AM
I never had any of these type of problems with my 700-

region
10-10-2004, 07:45 PM
My a700 is finally fixed.

bscabl
10-18-2004, 01:29 PM

Hope this helps.

Loth

im having the same problem here, 51 hours with no vision and counting
i tired the picturemail thing and it doesnt recognize my number, when i check my plan details on the website it says i have picture mail

bscabl
10-18-2004, 01:31 PM
Ok.... Heres The Deal... I Am A Sprint Dealer I Also Have The Mm-a700 Phone. There Is A Software Bug With The Mm-a700. Some Pheones Work And Some Do Not. I Have Personally Changed The 3g Data Settings On My Phone. Reprovissioned My Phone, Changed Every User Name And Password Relating To My Account. Samsung Is Working On A Software Fix. Keep An Eye Out For It.....

im having the same 1012 errors, and i have the vm4500

bscabl
10-18-2004, 01:34 PM
well there is nothing else you can do... Error 1012 means that something is held up in the system. I fix them daily, and I know that sometimes there is a delay before it starts working.

a 51+ hour delay?

Deval
10-18-2004, 01:47 PM
if you get 1012 error, an OTW provisioning will normally fix that

bscabl
10-18-2004, 01:57 PM
on a vm4500?
youd think they would have tried that on one of my 4 visits to the store...

Deval
10-18-2004, 02:02 PM
I cant speak for them all, but I'm just saying on normal/average basis

bscabl
10-18-2004, 04:52 PM
i just got off the phone with the tech, after giving my ref # and pulling up the ticket they determined i either need an over the wire, or a new phone...
*deepsigh*

so tommrow after work ill make another trip to the store, again, and tell them to do me over the wire..
if that doesnt work, at least im well within my exchange policy still.

bscabl
10-19-2004, 04:43 PM
i just got off the phone with the tech, after giving my ref # and pulling up the ticket they determined i either need an over the wire, or a new phone...
*deepsigh*

so tommrow after work ill make another trip to the store, again, and tell them to do me over the wire..
if that doesnt work, at least im well within my exchange policy still.

all fixed...over the wire did it, apparently i share the affore mentioned samsung bug
:P

mauacegua
06-14-2005, 12:23 PM
:bang: I MAKE RESET IN MY PHONE AND I CHANGE MY MSL CODE
I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET AND READY LINK SERVICE
I NEED PUT THE OLDER MSL CODE
IN SPRINT Y HAVE 983888 MSL CODE AND MY PHONE NO ACEPT THIS CODE
THE NEW CODE IS 000000 AFTER I MAKE THE RESET PHONE.
THANKYOU

laxattackdog
06-15-2005, 02:07 PM
all fixed...over the wire did it, apparently i share the affore mentioned samsung bug
:P

what does over the wire mean?

leaving_ash
06-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Means take it to a sprint store, plug it into a computer, and push the profile onto the phone. As oposed to over the air where its all done via data transmission from a tower. If it fails air wise it may help to do it wire wise. Course there should be a profile there to begin with. Lax call 1-866-818-1858 from another phone and have techs check it out.

rx7freak
06-16-2005, 06:00 AM
Granted, I didnt read all the posts. I read about 5 pages worth. No one has mentioned anything about errors in servicepro, at least to my knowledge. If I've overlooked it, I apologize.

If the username has a problem being created in the NMS, it will cause a provisioning error that will constantly give an error 1012. THIS IS A SIMPLE FIX. FORCE CLOSE THE ERROR OR DO A TICKET FOR "ERROR IN SERVICE PRO." After this, then the device will actually be able to pull your new username down. On a lot of samsungs, its worth your time to ##msl them first before trying to update the vision profile, as sometimes they do lose their msid. Without it, your device cannot authenticate on the network and, low and behold, your iota fails. A decent vision tech should've had you up and running after the SPM error (if it existed) was cleared out in less that 10 minutes. Oh, and the only thing that i've ever seen take more than a few seconds (barring provisioning delays) is a vision PW update on the manage page.

I like rotaries.

laxattackdog
06-16-2005, 06:41 AM
do i have to create a vision username and password before i can sign on? if so how do i do that? i've just been clicking on web.

Deval
06-16-2005, 08:48 AM
yeah service pro is great, if you know how to use it :headbang2

synthe
06-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Granted, I didnt read all the posts. I read about 5 pages worth. No one has mentioned anything about errors in servicepro, at least to my knowledge. If I've overlooked it, I apologize.

If the username has a problem being created in the NMS, it will cause a provisioning error that will constantly give an error 1012. THIS IS A SIMPLE FIX. FORCE CLOSE THE ERROR OR DO A TICKET FOR "ERROR IN SERVICE PRO." After this, then the device will actually be able to pull your new username down. On a lot of samsungs, its worth your time to ##msl them first before trying to update the vision profile, as sometimes they do lose their msid. Without it, your device cannot authenticate on the network and, low and behold, your iota fails. A decent vision tech should've had you up and running after the SPM error (if it existed) was cleared out in less that 10 minutes. Oh, and the only thing that i've ever seen take more than a few seconds (barring provisioning delays) is a vision PW update on the manage page.

I like rotaries.
are you talking to other techs or customers? because the only ones having access to servicepro are those answering the questions.

synthe
06-16-2005, 11:53 AM
what does over the wire mean?
over the wire (OTW) means that the sprint store plugs it into their system in the back and pushes the provisioning information to it over the wire, instead of you receiving it over the air (OTA) such as in the case of changing your username or password or for new activations.

synthe
06-16-2005, 11:57 AM
do i have to create a vision username and password before i can sign on? if so how do i do that? i've just been clicking on web.
its all created automatically. that post by rx7freak kind of goes into it. when you activate a new line with a vision phone, it sends transactions through the network that generate your vision username and vision password for you (hence why the default username, or the email address, is usually your first initial, last name, and a number: jdoe01) and the vision password is computer generated random so you actually don't know what it is until you set it on sprintpcs.com. when you see the phone saying : signing on...authenticating...etc thats the phone sending in the username and password info it has. if it is incorrect, thats where the error 67 comes in, saying "registration failure. your username and/or password do not match."

synthe
06-16-2005, 12:02 PM
ERROR 1012

Usually means that an IOTA (internet over the air) failed. either something on the network has been changed, i.e. vision username, vision password, or you have hit "update profile" in your menu on the phone, or a tech sent an IOTA down to the phone to update its profile, and if it fails due to a number of reasons that where the error 1012 comes from. Can also be caused by an error in a transaction thats going through the network, such as an ESN swap, phone number swap, username change, hotline, activation, deactivation, etc. Sprint has automatic scripts that run and push those errors out of the way usually within 24hrs, so thats why the techs say to give it some time before anyone actually does anything about it.

Deval
06-16-2005, 01:18 PM
yeah I was talkin to the other techs

Darkdashing
05-19-2006, 05:51 PM
ah, I got this same problem. I swapped esns to the ppc 6700 added vision to that phone (SERO) and I'm getting this error. I guess I'll wait some more.

But tell me: anyone with a ppc 6700, how can I tell if the evdo is on and I have it?

thanks

hankthornlee
12-09-2007, 03:27 PM
the dreaded 1012 error of death..... I spent a 2 days like WT|F... then I got my MSL number
(You have to call sprint and request this... it is useful in case you lose your phone you can deactivate it through sprint with this number so that it can never be used and further from that it will make the phone itself obsolete so anyone in possesion of it could only use it as a paper weight basically)
After you have this dial the code ##3282# like you are calling someone then enter your MSL number and you will get a screen goto ->edit then on the next screen check for a username.... dont have one? or is it the ESN on your phone well either click the username and hold for another menu or click menu edit when the field is highlighted. Enter your sprint user name from your account online and you are good to go in most cases save it reset your device BAM!

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.