PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Phone Broken

Ekinchheng
10-02-2004, 01:14 PM
I Was Doing My Laundry And I Left My Phone In My Pants And Then I Put It In The Dryier And Notice A Loud Sound From The Dryier.I Turned It On And It Was Working Fine,But Just Foggy and The Phone Can't Find Any Reciption :( Kepting Saying "Looking For Service" I Have A Vga1000 Can Anybody Help Me.Or Should I Just Get A New Phone From Sprint? I Have Warrenty On It

mcurtiss1970
10-02-2004, 01:15 PM
the warranty won't cover water damage.

pdx77
10-02-2004, 01:29 PM
I Was Doing My Laundry And I Left My Phone In My Pants And Then I Put It In The Dryier And Notice A Loud Sound From The Dryier.I Turned It On And It Was Working Fine,But Just Foggy and The Phone Can't Find Any Reciption :( Kepting Saying "Looking For Service" I Have A Vga1000 Can Anybody Help Me.Or Should I Just Get A New Phone From Sprint? I Have Warrenty On It

Well, you can just file an insurance claim with lockline.

NoClones
10-02-2004, 01:51 PM
If they have insurance :D

pdx77
10-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone PM-8200/US/1.0) NetFront/3.1 MMP/2.0)

If they have insurance :D

So true, other than that, the op is screwed.

NoClones
10-02-2004, 02:03 PM
Sad thing is some people don't have insurance on their phone(s). And in the end it's worth it.

Deval
10-02-2004, 02:06 PM
*Customer walks in with phone that was washed with warm water*

Deval: Sorry, but washing your phone with your delicates (sp) isnt covered under warranty. You have to call insurance.
Customer: I put insurance on it when I got it. Its not my fault its not there anymore
Deval: Did you ever get charged for it?
Customer: I asked for it.
Deval: Did it show up on your bill? Did you ever even look at your bill?
Customer: No
Deval: *points to door* sorry cant help you

NoClones
10-02-2004, 02:08 PM
LoL, that's askin for an angry customer... But it's their fault :D

Deval
10-02-2004, 02:14 PM
LoL, that's askin for an angry customer... But it's their fault :D

yeah...i understand everyone is human and makes mistakes, but whenever there is a phone issue, suddenly everyone uses their phone for business and has xxx numbers in their phone book, and cant "afford" to leave the phone to be tested

NoClones
10-02-2004, 02:19 PM
I had insurance taken off my phone and didn't realize it for 2 month, but as soon as I realized it I had it added again... I can't do without that, I can't spend 400.00 on a replacement phone.

Quill
10-02-2004, 04:37 PM
I've said it once and I'll say it again: to me insurance is like an umbrella -- the minute it you walk out the door with it, you probably won't get rained on. But, the minute it starts pouring, you've got your umbrella.

Had a phone. Had no insurance. Broke phone. Bought new phone. Got insurance. Haven't broken a phone since.

Of course, this is a combo of karma, insurance and just being careful with my phone.

Deval
10-02-2004, 05:50 PM
better knock on wood...your luck it will fly out the window of ur mustang :p

Quill
10-02-2004, 09:49 PM
better knock on wood...your luck it will fly out the window of ur mustang :p

*knocks on skull* It's thick as oak.

My phone fell out of my jacket pocket once into the backseat of my car about a week after I got it...I nearly had a full-on freak out, then remembered I have insurance.

So, Ekinchheng, do you have Lockline? C'mon, you start a thread, get your butt back over here and give us the deets! :hee:

Deval
10-02-2004, 10:07 PM
:hee: good luck hun...might wanna goto sprint store and tell them to print out your phone book now :p

Quill
10-02-2004, 10:15 PM
LOL.

Naw, I got all this in my Palm now. No need. But, hey, I haven't been to my local Sprint store in a month. They probably miss me. Heh.

PCSRepGirl
10-03-2004, 12:14 AM

Deval: Sorry, but washing your phone with your delicates (sp) isnt covered under warranty. You have to call insurance.
Customer: I put insurance on it when I got it. Its not my fault its not there anymore

LOL OMG ... Thanks D... I had a bad night .,.. thanks for the laugh!! :-)

tuolumne
10-03-2004, 12:19 AM

you could help them spend full retail for another phone :hee: I'm SURE they'd apprecieate that :)

dgeezer
10-03-2004, 07:02 AM
Leave it alone for a few days. I have a Sanyo 8200 that got wet. It showed looking for service for about 4 to 5 days but then it dried out and works fine now. I was able to get all my contacts off while it wasn't working using bitpim, even though the tech at sprint said it wasn't possible if the phone showed "looking for service".

Draggar
10-03-2004, 07:08 AM
Leave it alone for a few days. I have a Sanyo 8200 that got wet. It showed looking for service for about 4 to 5 days but then it dried out and works fine now. I was able to get all my contacts off while it wasn't working using bitpim, even though the tech at sprint said it wasn't possible if the phone showed "looking for service".

***? That tech was full of manure (sp?).

If the phone powers on and the dataport is in good condition, then there is an above average chance that they'll be able to get the phonebook out of it.

Heck, I've had people just hand me a circuitboard to a Startac to try to get the phonebook out (and I did). I also get broken in half phones on a regular basis.

Deval
10-03-2004, 04:36 PM
***? That tech was full of manure (sp?).

If the phone powers on and the dataport is in good condition, then there is an above average chance that they'll be able to get the phonebook out of it.

Heck, I've had people just hand me a circuitboard to a Startac to try to get the phonebook out (and I did). I also get broken in half phones on a regular basis.

yeah...1/2 phones...i think im gonna start a collection and put broken phones together :)

Deval
10-03-2004, 04:36 PM
LOL OMG ... Thanks D... I had a bad night .,.. thanks for the laugh!! :-)

anytime hun :D

service4life01
10-11-2004, 12:33 AM
hey all you reps out there, you can also fully update the sprint notes p2k if was supposed to be added at POA, then have customer call cus/sol and then have cus/sol 3way lockline and verify this information, lockline will then do a verification and in 2BD when their system updates the error , the cust. can call back and file the replacement, but notes have to be updated in p2k for this to happen, please also let customers know that sprint can not see lockline notes, and vice versa, two different companies, two different computer systems.

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.