PDA

View Full Version : New sprint commercial with James Earl Jones

Dan
10-22-2013, 10:17 PM
New commercial for "one up" with James Earl Jones.

I guess he is not the voice of Verizon anymore.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbrRMz2JHx4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxw5aprXK4M

jessep28
10-22-2013, 11:11 PM
I don't understand.

SLME
10-22-2013, 11:20 PM
I don't understand.

You are not the only one.:icon_smil

I got "Lost" on the first commercial.:lol:

Dan
10-23-2013, 12:33 AM
I would say that sprint is trying some sort of satire, because not everything is in fact important. But, they are using a voice that people recognize, and making it seem like it is a theatrical performance.....

YPG
10-23-2013, 06:19 AM
Seems they are voice acting the things you do on your phone on the Sprint network.
1st ad is couple walking around store looking for each other while talking to each other on the phone to get locations. I guess that means you can talk a lot and not worry about wasting minutes.
2nd ad is girl on internet checking FB and getting friends requests. Apparently she does not dig the last request. I suppose this means you can be online and not worry about going over data limits.
Voice acting was a strange medium to choose to relay these scenarios/messages.
The second guy is famous too but I can not remember who he is.

jigwashere
10-23-2013, 08:14 AM
The second guy is famous too but I can not remember who he is.

Malcolm McDowell (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000532/)

JonathanFIUWx
10-23-2013, 10:33 AM
He did the old verizon wireless commercial. As soon as I saw that I remembered it back in early 2000

Dan
10-23-2013, 12:42 PM
James Earl Jones was with Verizon as far back as the "Bell Atlantic" days.....

Kinda wonder why they stopped using his voice talents, they obviously have deeper advertising pockets than Sprint.

BZap49
10-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Those were some terrible commercials. I miss the days when Sprint had funny commercials.

TRADEDATE
10-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Agreed. Great actors, and the idea is not a bad one. But the actual commercials are weak.

Dan
10-23-2013, 07:10 PM
Hopefully the 2 are the 1st in a long running set that will get better as they progress.

Kendog210
10-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Good to see Softbank's money getting put to good use...smdh

Sprint/softbank needs to follow the Field of Dreams. If you build it, they will come. Quit wasting your money and build an acceptable LTE network already.

ccchhhrrriiisss
10-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Sprint/softbank needs to follow the Field of Dreams. If you build it, they will come. Quit wasting your money and build an acceptable LTE network already.

That would actually make a great commercial (if Sprint has the towers to back it up). It could be a "Yes, we are fixing our network" type of commercial with a "If you build it, they will come" tagline.

COMMERCIAL...

Sprint worker (Ray -- who looks like Kevin Costner) hears a voice say, "If you build it, they will come."

The next scene could be people coming out of a corn field, dropping their old phones just before they leave.

Cut to James Earl Jones wearing white button up and suspenders.

"Ray, people will come, Ray. People will come for unlimited data. It will allow them to experience all that is good in the world...with something they can hold in their hand. It will be remembered as a time when people weren't charged by the kilobyte, Megabite or Gigabyte. It will remind them what it is like to be free."

Sprint voiceover: "We have listened. Sprint is making remarkable progress in building our 4G data and voice network in places that others may have overlooked. Cities...the country...even Iowa."

Cut to one customer standing next to corn.

"Is this heaven?"

James Earl Jones (or Costner-looking Sprint worker): "No, this is Sprint."

:music:

ccchhhrrriiisss
Universal Studios
Sprint

tmajor
10-24-2013, 04:37 AM
The next commercial should be a turtle going across a stage. At least that would be the truth.

He123321
10-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Sprint has some of the worst commercials in the industry, IMO. They need to bring back the trench coat guy...

Diana Prince
10-29-2013, 10:12 AM
I actually like these commercials. Guess I'm alone. I thought it was hilarious when McDowell says "Greg has sent you a friend request!" James Earl Jones remains silent. I giggle every time. My only issue is the concept is similar to the Moto commercials where that one comedic actor is pretending to be a phone. "Someone just like yer photo, someone else just liked yer photo..."

tmajor
10-29-2013, 10:53 AM
I actually like these commercials. Guess I'm alone. I thought it was hilarious when McDowell says "Greg has sent you a friend request!" James Earl Jones remains silent. I giggle every time. My only issue is the concept is similar to the Moto commercials where that one comedic actor is pretending to be a phone. "Someone just like yer photo, someone else just liked yer photo..."

That's the only part I like on the commercial. It is funny. However seems like they're referencing how fast your friend requests come in and that doesn't hold true. Sprint needs to catch up with Sprint Speed. Let's not even get into the One Up program. That's a different story.

jessep28
11-07-2013, 02:12 PM
They could just start dubbing Japanese Softbank commercials. That might actually be funnier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R30cfdNV3Gk

SprintUsers.com was created in January 2002 as a resource for users of Sprint PCS products and services to learn about and share information. We have cll phone reviews, Cellular Accessories, Downloads, PDA reviews, Ringtones, all of the latest Sprint PCS news and information, an area where you can find help in creating a ring tone or custom image for you phone, and so much more. The most popular section is the message board where visitors can read and write messages, ask questions, and get advice about their cellular phone from other users.